Pet Peeves

Sarcasm

13 minutes ago, AnanasSpren said:

@Deliiiiiightful I've swallowed two and had two fly in my nostrils. Is this backpacker Strayan enough yet? (And I've discovered Daryl Braithwaite's Horses!!!)

An Aussie knows when to breathe out. But you do get Stayan enough through DB. Easily the the most Australian thing after the 12th Man.

4 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Lol someone spray-painted a giant swastika over one of our walls. It won't come off, they've tried but it never will.

And also stuff like "Isis is coming" and "Isis beheads". Google East Hills Boys High Isis etc

Thats is not lol. That is very very not lol. Do I need to explain why?

So, something that annoys me:
Restaurants that do enourmous serving sizes, and made stirfries/pastas that have too much meat and not enough veggies. Yes, I know that some people will eat the entireity of said huge meals and still be hungry, and the restaurant has to cater for that, but its just...we eat way too much sometimes. And meat? I like my stirfires to have lots of vegetables, with little babycorn pieces and water chestnuts and stuff. I don't want just meat, sauce, and noodles/rice. On a similar note, there are very few places that will do vegetarian meals that aren't salads. I mean, if you're doing curries or stirfries with a sauce, it should be possible to use something other than meat...
I am, by the way, not vegetarian, just someone who likes food. And I like vegetarian meals as well as ones with meat in them, really it doesn't make that much of a difference to me. It's just a meal can taste perfectly lovely without meat, and we sometimes seem to forget that...

1 hour ago, Deliiiiiightful said:

He made a neutral statement, you laughed at it. Swastikas aren't funny.

In public schools I'm familiar with, I'd say at least 99 percent of the swastikas you'll see drawn on school property are not drawn by kids trying to spread fear, but by idiot freshmen trying to get a rise out of some teacher or other. They don't really care about the history behind it; they just think "hurrhurrhurr, this is gonna make him so mad LAWLZ." The teachers who don't freak out usually end that swastika-drawing thing right there. 

28 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

In public schools I'm familiar with, I'd say at least 99 percent of the swastikas you'll see drawn on school property are not drawn by kids trying to spread fear, but by idiot freshmen trying to get a rise out of some teacher or other. They don't really care about the history behind it; they just think "hurrhurrhurr, this is gonna make him so mad LAWLZ." The teachers who don't freak out usually end that swastika-drawing thing right there. 

I can second that.

@TwiLyghtSansSparkles yeah, I realize that. I'm just trying to say that just because ignoring them might be the most effective deterrent IRL doesn't mean I approve of Darkness brushing it off or pretending that Delightful has no legitimate reason to be offended. I know you don't think swastikas are funny, believe me.

So I was at work last night, just guarding the pool, and then one of the fifteen kids in the water gets out and tells me that there's poop in the pool. 

Now I totally get why people pee in the pool, it's a hassle to get out and go to the bathroom and the chlorine kills the germs and everything. But seriously? How do you even take a dump in the pool?! 

I had to close down the pool, fish the turds out with a twenty foot pole-net, and call in the maintaince chief to see if we needed to change the chlorine levels. Luckily there was another guard on duty so they took care of the paperwork. 

Just....on a scale of human stupidity....this rates really badly. 

1 hour ago, Left said:

So I was at work last night, just guarding the pool, and then one of the fifteen kids in the water gets out and tells me that there's poop in the pool. 

Now I totally get why people pee in the pool, it's a hassle to get out and go to the bathroom and the chlorine kills the germs and everything. But seriously? How do you even take a dump in the pool?! 

I had to close down the pool, fish the turds out with a twenty foot pole-net, and call in the maintaince chief to see if we needed to change the chlorine levels. Luckily there was another guard on duty so they took care of the paperwork. 

Just....on a scale of human stupidity....this rates really badly. 

Oh man, what a crappy day :P

52 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Don't you just hate it when you get a really annoying song stuck in your head? It's even worse when it's just the chorus, over and over again. The kicker is when it's a Christmas song. 

I have 'You cannae shove your grannie off the bus' in my head, and that is really irritating.
Oh you cannae shove your grannie off the bus (off the bus!)