[game] Buy or Sell?

Buy. This would be interesting

There will be at least one cosmere novella released next year.

Sell, because there is no way Words of Radiance will be done by then.

Wit will have a verbal three-way sparring match with Jasnah and Shallan in WoR. And it will be epic.

Edited by Ookla the Omniscient

Sell, because he is arrogant enough to believe he doesn't need it to do what he wants.

Jasnah will get a romantic interest in Words of Radiance. He/she will quickly become completely henpecked (also sometimes charmingly called "p***ywhipped").

Sell, I believe Jasnah had some very traumatic events concerning men. She will have a very hard time trusting someone.

Sometime in the far future the name "Bridge 4" will be used for the most elite soldiers of the alethi army. (in the sense that noone remembers Kaladin or the others but the name stuck)

[Out of game] I have no idea how I ended up with four FeatherWriter quotes here....

@Will: This is what happens when you start shipping Shallarin. I am contractually obligated to upvote every post in support of Shallarin. I cannot resist.

*Testing, testing* A Shallarin romance would be nice. As long as Renarin gets to blow stuff up!

Axies the Collector will meet up with one of the main viewpoint characters. IE, we'll see him outside of an Interlude.

It isn't confirmed, I believe,  but

I always just assumed that Axies is the Aimian hanging from the tree in the Rysn WoR Interlude.

No one on Scadrial will ever figure out that Wax and Wayne's names together are punny.

Could someone please explain to me how it is punny? I get that "Wax" might have some funny implications, but how does it relate to "Wayne"?

(On a side note, before actually reading tAoL, I always assumed Wayne was female. Listening to a Brandon reading of Chapter 1 of tSoS got rather confusing).

I'd hope Seventeenth Shard has a recruiting policy of "No Sadistic Psychopaths." Last thing I want is Tonk Fah on any of the other worlds!

Didn't

Vivenna strangle Tonk Fah to death?

[/out of game]

EDIT: My scientific experiment seems to have worked. FeatherWriter (presumably) did up-vote my post!

Edited by Aether

[Out of game]

[OoG]
@Ookla the Omniscient (Aether?)
About the Wax and Wayne pun, it's like the phases of the moon, they wax and wane :) no one on Scadrial will get it because they don't have a moon.

(Aether, yes. I can't for the life of me remember your name-tag) I did not know this. I cannot believe there are verbs for this in English! We have adjectives for describing the phases of the moon in Norwegian, sure, but who in their right mind would actually make verbs for it???

[/out of game]

It quickly became a bit cluttered, so I'll just kick-start the game again:

Sometime in the far future the name "Bridge 4" will be used for the most elite soldiers of the alethi army. (in the sense that noone remembers Kaladin or the others but the name stuck)

Buy.

Chapter 2 of tWoR more or less already confirms this, since they throw away the Cobalt Guard name and takes Bridge 4 as the name for their elite unit (given that it survives the events of the series, of course).

There will be Dragonriders of some sort in Dragonsteel, and it will be awesome.

[Out of game]

(Aether, yes. I can't for the life of me remember your name-tag) I did not know this. I cannot believe there are verbs for this in English! We have adjectives for describing the phases of the moon in Norwegian, sure, but who in their right mind would actually make verbs for it???

[/out of game]

If it makes you feel better, "wax" and "wane" are verbs used to describe the "action" the moon is currently doing. So the moon is "waxing" from the new moon (dark moon) until the full moon, as it gets fuller and fuller. Then it's waning from full->new. The moon a day after the new moon is a "waxing crescent", for instance. :)

Edited by Ookla the Inveterate

[out of game]

It isn't confirmed, I believe,  but

I always just assumed that Axies is the Aimian hanging from the tree in the Rysn WoR Interlude.

Could someone please explain to me how it is punny? I get that "Wax" might have some funny implications, but how does it relate to "Wayne"?

Actually that has been confirmed, Brandon talks about him being Axies in the videos where he writes the interlude.

And as for the verbs wax and wane they don't refer exclusively to the phases of the moon.  To wax means "to gradually increase" whereas to wane means "to gradually decrease".  It just happens that they are used most often in reference to the phases of the moon (i.e. waxing crescent or waning gibbous) but they can be used for other things as well.  As a person ages they gradually weaken, their strength wanes.

On them not realizing Wax and Wayne is a pun, I think it has less to do with their not being a moon (since that isn't the origin of the words) and more to do with the fact that "Wax and Wayne" is a pun, in English, but they don't speak English on Scadrial.

[/out of game]

Edit: Curses! Ninja'd by Kurk...

Edited by Ookla the Indubitable

[OoG]

I knew about Axies showing up in the Rysn interlude, however... that's not an "out-of-interlude" appearance. Therefore, the question still stands.

[/OoG]

I'll buy, though mostly out of more wishful hoping than anything else.

We will someday know the author of the Ars Arcanum.

[Out of game] I somehow just assumed you meant his own Interlude. He has proclaimed he might have to go to the Shattered Plains, so there's a chance we might see him there at some point[/out of game]

Sell. I think it is just a tad too early. Book three might be it, though.

Joshin Yomen and Mi'chelle Ostlin will turn out to be Worldhoppers (how else is Hoid suppose to know them personally).

Edited by Ookla the Omniscient

Waxillium will get a hold on a "rotary gun" and goes destructive. I just wonder how big things he can crush...

Sell. He can be destructive, but I hope he doesn't go that violent.

Brandon will somehow retroactively make The Reckoners-series part of the cosmere.

Brandon will somehow retroactively make The Reckoners-series part of the cosmere.

Sell, The Reckoners takes place on an alt!Earth, Brandon has said definitely that Earth is not in the cosmere, reworking it so the Reckoners takes place would take massive rewrites of Steelheart, et. al.,  which would take time Brandon should spend on more important things.

Cultivation will appear on screen within the first five-book arc.