[game] Buy or Sell?

Buy, for the sheer hilarity of a sentient fractal and a glowy blue wind spirit duking it out. Especially as a background fight:

"Good day, brightlady," Kaladin said, meeting the strange girl's eyes. "May I ask your business at the Kholin residence?"

In the background, Syl was eyeing the ground, lips moving as if she was saying something. Whatever it was, Kaladin heard not a word. Suddenly, she gasped - that was audible.

"Oh no you didn't," Syl hissed, and dove at the ground, dress warping into a set of spearman's armour. She swung fists at a seemingly blank patch of rock, then recoiled as if stung.

Kaladin forced himself not to look at the spectacle. The lighteyed girl was blushing a little, and her eyes seemed to dart towards the rock Syl attacked. "I'm here to see Brightlord Adolin Kholin, spearman. Perhaps you'd like to search my satchel and safepouch while you interrogate me?"

The was a crack of thunder, and Kaladin saw that Syl was little more than an incandescent blue whirlwind now, battering back and forth as if sparring.I wonder...

"I'm certain that won't be necessary, Brightlady. Please, this way..."

Shen is going to save Kaladin's life.

Edited by Swimmingly

I'll take three, with a side of fries.

Adolin is going to lose the one duel that actually matters, in the "crapsack part" that occurs in every single book.

Alternate theory, pick whichever, he'll run against a cheater who's going to seriously hurt him.

• 2 weeks later...

Sell, let's save that for the next trilogy.

When Dalinar's book rolls around, it won't tell us the name of Shshshshsh until the final flashback, and it will be a crazy revelation because it's somebody important that we know.

Buy. I thought they would be from the moment they were introduced, they're Checkhov's guns loaded and ready, safety switches off.

Kaladin's slave brand is going to keep being important and annoying for him, causing all sorts of problems until it gets healed.

Sell, we're probably saving knowledge of that for either Dalinar or Lift memories. 

Adolin killing Sadeas will come back to bite him something nasty, not in a spren sense, but because everybody will blame Dalinar, which will be a plot arc of the next book.

• 1 month later...

Adolin killing Sadeas will come back to bite him something nasty, not in a spren sense, but because everybody will blame Dalinar, which will be a plot arc of the next book.

Sell.

I do not think anyone other than his immediate family would really care about Torol's death. He was a despot, and a notoriously cruel and forceful one at that. I think this is something that is going to haunt Adolin more specifically.

Eshonai will become a Radiant, either towards the end of Stones Unhallowed or during her own book.

Edited by Aether

Sell. I don't think his character has any real depth in the past and there's no real reason to tell his story. I would much prefer to hear about someone else, maybe Rysn or Mr. T.

Adolin's and Shallan's relationship will not last through the end of Book 3.

• 2 weeks later...

Sell, I think Moash still has a semi-major part to play. 

By the end of the series we will see Hoid in combat and possibly using all of his different types of Investiture.

Buy, only because I really want that to happen. It will definitely happen by the end of the third Mistborn Trilogy, though.

Wax and Wayne will one day Worldhop. Only then will they comprehend the irony of their names' correspondence on their planet.

Wax and Wayne will one day Worldhop. Only then will they comprehend the irony of their names' correspondence on their planet.

Buy. Because this have to happen. Also because more Wayne. (MOAHR!!!)

Shallan will die by the end of the Stormlight Archive.

Sell. I see Shallan and Jasnah and Adolin surviving the series. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I think they'll be okay.

Rlain and Lopen will be KR.

Sell. Rlain might have the chance to become one (he and Eshonai are the only recognizable (and good) Parshendi, and since there are indications that there will be a Parshendi KR, both are good (though really just the only) candidates), but I think it more likely that they will both become Squires. I do not think Lopen is damaged enough (at least his soul isn't) to become a KR.

We will see more duplicate KRs in Stones Unhallowed (id est more than for each Order).

Edited by Aether

Sell. I like the lesser spren theory.

The person who calls himself Taln is not Taln. Taln handed him the job of warning everyone else and went off to see to his fellow traitor Heralds.

Edited by Kasimir