Long Game 14: To Shatter a Shard

Night Eleven: Dreams of Power

Karlin Dreamed.

In his dream, he was a Mighty Warrior, vanquishing foe after foe, saving world after world.

In his Dream, he was a Wise Sage, solving problem after Problem, creating solution after solution.

In his Dream, he was a Powerful God, creating planet after planet, destroying life after life.

The dream changed.

Everything darkened.

The sky blackened.

The people’s smiles turned to leers.

Life changed from Beautiful to Terrible.

Hatred called for him to use it.

The dream changed again.

The darkness left him, fled him, abandoned him.

Karlin dreamed, no longer tainted by Hatred.

They wove a mighty Power, pouring Investiture from all their Shards into the crafting. A Power that would destroy Sheon Idris. They may not be able to find him, but they could still kill him.

Preservation poured Power in. The power to stop him, preserve him as he was, make it so that he couldn’t resist their blow.

Cultivation poured Power in. The power to strengthen, increase her bretheren’s power, make it so that he could not stop them.

Endowment poured Power in. The power to find him, search him out, make it so that he could not hide form them.

Dominion poured Power in. The power to control, direct the Power, make it so that it would target him.

Ruin Took the power, it Strengthened him, showed him where Sheon hid, directed him to his Target. He released the power in one mighty surge of Destruction.

The shards watched as their combined power flew through the realms, hunting down their assumed foe. It struck like a serpent. All of them felt it hit, expending itself against the power of Sheon Idris.

All of them felt it falter, and fail. All of them felt doubt worm into their minds. How could Sheon have survived such a blow?

And what would he do in retaliation?

Votes:

Seonid(4) Kipper, Clanky, Dow, STINK

Clanky(1): Seonid

Surgebound Rainspren has been declared Inactive! His shard has been given to Endowment.  He is still alive.

Seonid Survived!

I really have no idea what I was thinking when I wrote this. Not sure how I feel about it.

What the <censored>?

Okay, so Karlin was Odium. I could have sworn that Joe implied Karlin was not an Eliminator. Clearly I misread that. Anyway, Endowment now has Odium, and we lynch Karlin on the morrow...If the game doesn't end, either Seonid or Mailliw is bad.

Except that if endowment really has Odium, then the only reason to worry about a kill is if Odium invested, which if he had done he wouldn't have lost the shard. So I strongly suspect that there won't be any kills tonight unless endowment makes one. I don't have a kill ability (and feel free to roleblock any potential kills I have if you don't trust me).

I know. That was sarcasm. :P

I'm not Ruin anymore (we pass the Shards around every cycle), but rest assured, one of your actions will be roleblocked. Maybe not your kill, though. After all, if Ruin roleblocks your kill, you can just roleblock Ruin's roleblock, and the kill goes on...truthfully though, if Karlin had the Shard, I doubt you do have a kill. That does not address your alignment, though.

Unless the game ends, the only way to end this is by a lynch on you and/or Mailliw. Of course, if Mailliw hasn't picked a side, he could somply Invest in you again, and the game would be over. But someone lied yesterday about that whole "I'm Neutral, and I got roleblocked" thing.

Edited by Kipper

Some clarifications:

The Inactivity period for Shards is 72 hours. if you go three days without posting/investing or taking an action, I will remove your shard from you.

If dominion attempts to redirect a nonexistent power to someone, He will instead redirect a random action.

I could have sworn that Joe implied Karlin was not an Eliminator. Clearly I misread that. 

I have not implied anything about Karlin's alignment.

Joe revealed all our roles in the write up! Oh noes!

Nah. That was just a bunch of shards. I was tempted to include Odium in there as well.

Can't endowment just give Odium back to Karlin and then kill Karlin with Odiums kill the same way that Ruin was used earlier?

That is possible.

Since Joe hasn't called time yet, I'm going to post my thoughts, because they might be my last.

When we lynched phattemer, the cycle that Shallan died, Odium passed to the most recent investee. Then, that Night, Odium killed Wilson. They would have had to have been active for that. So Karlin couldn't have done it. They must have passed it to Karlin after, but why, I don't know. Unless they knew that they could get it back somehow. If they knew they were going to get Endowment the next cycle, due to Shard passing, that might do it. I don't know for sure.

The other option is that someone other than Alvron sent in orders for the inactive. Joe only said that Alvron was no longer allowed to do so, not that none of his team did.

I don't know where the answer is. But this is what I've got. If I survive until the morning, I'll have more to say.

Alv has been the only player to send in orders for inactives all game.

Apologies for the late writeup, Blames the NSA. (It's not their fault, but they're easy to blame for random things.)

Writeup will be in ten minutes. EDIT: Or right now.

Edited by The Only Joe

Gah. No, I'm pretty sure that Karlin was the last regular OC. I would be extremely surprised if there were seven originally. We could lynch Seonid, just for kicks and giggles, but on the off chance that he isn't bad, I don't want to kill him.

Then we could lynch Maill. He still has some extra lives left and if he happens to have changed sides we might as well get a head start on killing him. If he hasn't changed sides then the game will be over after Karlins death and no harm done.

EDIT: Vote colour 

Edited by Clanky

Mail isn't evil. He invested me during the last day cycle, with the message "well you ever be good again." If he claims he didn't, then we might need to take a long, hard look at whether dominion and endowment have been with the same person recently. For myself, I'm looking at Clanky. I think kipper's analysis was right, and I confirmed his alignment by investing in him last night.

And mail, the answer to your question is "this cycle." My investment of Kipper happened after your investment of me. :P

I removed my vote from Maill. If he did invest in you he can't be OC aligned. Also Seonid, do you actually still think I am an OC? That would make 7 OCs with the potential for two players to change sides. We could just not lynch anyone this cycle and wait to see if Karlins death ends the game

Mail isn't evil. He invested me during the last day cycle, with the message "well you ever be good again." If he claims he didn't, then we might need to take a long, hard look at whether dominion and endowment have been with the same person recently. For myself, I'm looking at Clanky. I think kipper's analysis was right, and I confirmed his alignment by investing in him last night.

And mail, the answer to your question is "this cycle." My investment of Kipper happened after your investment of me. :P

What did you Invest Clanky with? How do you know he's evil?