Long Game 14: To Shatter a Shard

I claimed to roleblock you in that one too. Like I said in my post above - I've been roleblocking you for the last 3 cycles on Wilson's instructions.

That first apology was day 10. Therefore you only claimed to role-block me Night 9 and Night 10. I am talking about Night 8. I was given Ruin Day 8 and Role-blocked Phat Night 8. The OCs still made both kills. So I was role-blocked I assume.

UNLESS, apparently the OCs had been passing Odium around every cycle to the same player they invest in. I suppose that OC#2 could have had Odium when I role-blocked Phat, then passed Odium to Phatt in time for Wilsons investment to fail. Does this make sense from a rules and timeline perspective? If so then that explains this quite well

Still, I'm not sure I agree with Seonids implication of Raven. Could I potentially get a PM with Kipper, and/or Dowanx? Seonid would be nice as well.

Stink, I wanted to discuss this in PMs. I wanted to work this through with the people I knew I could trust. I only have a PM with Kipper, who doesn't trust me enough to say anything, or to work with me. I waited until literally everyone I knew I could trust turned against me in thread before posting my information here. My hand was essentially forced. I felt my conclusions, and the reasoning that went into them, were important enough to the village to post everything in thread.

The second reason I posted everything is because I lost my patience. If I had decided to walk away and calm down before I responded, I probably wouldn't have said anything. But I didn't. False accusations hit hard for me. Especially false accusations that completely ignore relevant information, like Clanky's and Dow's.

Okay, so as Seonid says, I can witness to Wilson asking him to roleblock Clanky.

Seonid did have a rather large reaction to all this, and I'm not entirely sure what to make of that.

However, revealing all that information does not help the village at all.

I'm currently waiting on a clarification from Joe that will help me figure all of this out for good.

Mailliw, did you Invest Seonid last Night?

He claims he didn't. Which means that I must have been roleblocked last night, except that Clanky says he didn't do that. Which nabs that one of the three of us are lying out that Clanky gave up ruin to someone who roleblocked me. Which is possible. And if it happened, then it would be nice if somebody would confirm it. At least to Kipper, who can apparently still get PMs.

And Kipper, my information doesn't help the village at all? When we can lynch the last Odium's Champion today, before they can use it? When between us we have our should have enough information to clear everyone except one? When this would be the last cycle of the game if everyone weren't so intent on lynching me?

Unwise, sure. A mistake, probably. But completely unhelpful? Give me some credit here.

One of you three are lying? So you could be lying? Why aren't you defending yourself anymore?

Because I've said everything that could be said. I'm Team Neutral, on my way to turning Team Good. All of the information that could possible be useful to the village is out in the thread. I've held back only where Honor is and where Lopen left his Lifeless, because that could be useful in foiling the OC's plans.

Another point to bring up - one innocent village member will be invested by Odium tonight or else Odium won't be able to use their kill. Unfortunately, the investment kill can't harm Odium. If you really want to get rid of me, use it on me tonight. I can almost guarantee I'll be roleblocked, so my lashing won't be able to block it. Then you'll know I wasn't lying. On that note, Mail, would you please refrain from investing in me tonight? I rather suspect I'm going to die, and I'd rather not die Neutral. I hope you can understand that.

I'd appreciate a PM with Clanky as much as he'd like one with me. Would Cultivation set that up please?

A final point - Surgebound is inactive. So our numbers are really 4 good, 2 neutral, 1 evil, (1 inactive). Watch out for that. If Mail switches, the numbers turn to the village losing the lynch a lot faster than you think they do.

A final note: I don't know what turned Kipper against me. He's never articulated his suspicions. Clanky I can understand. I'd like it if Kipper would enumerate the full list of his grievances against me.

Now I'm not the only one who gets fed up and releases all my information. Thanks, Seonid, for not making me the only one. :P 

Kipper, I did not Invest Seonid last night, so either he forgot to pick someone who's side to join, or he was roleblocked.

Awesome. Dowanx is completely clear because he just got unbroken!Cultivation this cycle. I am also completely clear, because I say so. STINK is completely clear, because Endowment. Karlin is clear, because of inactivity. Raven is completely clear, because she holds unbroken!Preservation. Obviously Mailliw is Survival.

That leaves Seonid and Clanky. I should note here that nothing Seonid has done convinces me of his guilt. It's simply that the possibility exists.

Possibilities:

Possibility One: Seonid is the only OC, and holds Odium.

Possibility Two: Clanky is the only OC, and holds Odium.

Possibility Three: Seonid and Clanky are both OCs; one of them holds Odium.

I know who holds Ruin, and because they have no motivation to lie to me, I can say definitively that Seonid's targeting of a person was not roleblocked last night. His roleblock was roleblocked. So I'm pretty sure Seonid is lying about it. This would mean that either Possibility 1 or Possibility Three is the most likely.

Seonid has one extra life, so countering either of these possibilities begins with a lynch on Seonid, to remove that extra life. After that, it's really quite simple.

During the night, two of the people with unbroken Shards gift those Shards to Seonid and Clanky, one each (This assumes Possibility 3, but it covers the others). If they are both OCs, they have three options.

1. Leave Odium where it is. In this case, one of the Shard gifts will fail, and we will have found Odium.

2. Gift Odium to the other OC. In this case, there are two possibilities. 2a (Virtually the same as #3). Odium ends up with Endowment; both Shard gifts succeed, or 2b. Odium ends up with the other OC, one of the Shard gifts fails, we find Odium.

3. Gift Odium to a random villager. This would be a monumentally bad idea....:P

So, answering the possibilites:

1. We lynch Odium. If the game does not end, that means we have an OC left. Since the other OC will already have a Shard when Odium dies, Odium will go to Endowment. Endowment kills Seonid/Clanky, we end the game. If not, kill Mailliw.

2a. See #3.

2b. See end of possibility #1.

3. We lynch Preservation. Endowment kills Cultivation at night. If game still doesn't end, we attack Maill with a vengeance.

Interestingly enough, all of these possibilities start with taking out Seonid's extra life!

If I missed anything, do let me know.

Kipper, as far as I am aware, you cannot roleblock specific actions. Ruin's ability roleblocks everything the target does. So Ruin couldn't have just roleblocked my own roleblock - they instead roleblocked all of my actions.

EDIT: Joe, tell me if I'm wrong...

Edited by Seonid

I believe that role-blocks do stop all actions. Also can Hoid even hold a full shard?

EDIT: Ninja'd.

When I asked Joe about Ruins role-block he had said that it would block all actions taken by your target. Does this mean you can choose to block one action or all actions?

Edited by Clanky

Raven. Clanky.

I'll take your analysis, Kipper. I have reason to trust you, even if you don't trust me. You'll find I'm innocent, and when we lynch Clanky, we win. In fact, why not do it today? If you're so sure that it has to be one of us, I don't see how it matters whether you get rid of my second life before or after killing Clanky.

New information - Joe just confirmed to me that my ability to invest cannot be roleblocked. I feel like an idiot for not noticing this earlier (no investment can ever be roleblocked). So Ruin is not lying, and Mail may not be as well. Joe also added that investment can be redirected.

Stink, did you or did you not redirect my actions last night? And if so, did you redirect to Mailliw? If Raven has given up Dominion to Stink, then that changes what happened last night.

I ain't done anything now, you listen here and I'll tell you a story about a little fella by tha name o' STINK.

It started out on Nalthis, where he was asked about any power he mighta had, but STINK replied " Get outta here! I ain't got nothing!" 

Course, later on it all changed, when some poor fella felt tha STINK needed a lil pick me up, and STINK got Endowment, not that he knew what to do with it. 

He found the lil wilson, and awaited orders like a good fella, did this an' that until Day 11, where erryone was askin "What do we do!" so STINK said "I dunno, Kipper?" 

Now erryone was lookin at STINK, going " What did you do?" so STINK replied, in the simplest way possible as he has all game, " I did nothing, tell me what to do!"

RP time:

Sheon Idris found himself in a cavern on First of the Sun, listening as the sound of the angry mob of shards approached. In his hands, he held a crown, magnificently wrought of good and steel, with traceries of cold vines and flowers. He had had it commissioned personally in Arelon. No other ruler had ever worn it. None other ever would.

On the inside of the ring of metal was etched a single word. Unforgiven. He traced his left palm with his fingers, feeling the matching brand burned into his skin. A permanent reminder of his failure in Arelon. A permanent reminder of his blood-debt to the family if his predecessor.

He could hear the mob closing in, could hear the foul labels being thrown at him. "Traitor!" "Leech!" "Warmonger!"

He shook his head wearily, tears tracing their way down his cheek. How could they think him capable of such things? How could they think it possible that he would betray the house of Kiireon?

He had failed them in Arelon, had fallen asleep on watch and the queen had died for it, fallen to the hands of cultists. He had failed again today, watching as her scion expired, dead at the hands of Odium. No matter that Wilkin had wanted to die. No matter that he had been directly ordered to protect another. The failure still lay squarely on his shoulders. Unforgiven

With a flick of his hand and a pinch of dust, he formed the regal face of the one-time queen of Arelon. Gee whistled a low note, grateful for his perfect pitch. A bird responded almost instantly, chirping inquisitively.

Interesting creatures, these, native to only this one small island on First of the Sun. They seemed to pop in and out of existence at the most inopportune times. But when he has realized that they traveled back and forth between this island and the Spiritual Realm, well, he had certainly seem their usefulness. And made certain that nobody but himself would ever find them.

He put out his wrist, which the little grey bird landed on, and whispered low in its ear. "To Kiireon: Wilkin is dead. Died well, to the Lord of Hate. Debt remains. Faithful to the end. Sheon." With a nod of understanding, the bird took off, disappearing as suddenly as it had come.

The bickering shards were closer now, almost to the mouth of the cave. He could hear the nasal tenor of endowment, the gruff bass of cultivation, and even the booming voice of Odium himself. Echoing slightly through the caves was the mocking voice of survival. But over them all cut the suave voice of the one who had once held preservation.

Placing the burdensome crown on his head, he whispered softly to his sword, feeling investiture drain from him. "Protect me," he said, and walked out to meet his false accusers.

They stood in a semicircle just outside the mouth of the cave, The Stick at their front. "Hoid, you stand hereby accused of treason against the Coalition of Shards. How do you plead?"

Bitter laughter escaped him then, but he did, looking at his accusers, his eyes defiant in his tear-stained face. "So is this what my service comes to? Is this what all my pain and sweat and tears on your behalf has come to?" His voice shook with gathering rage.

Turning to the stick, he added "And our collaboration? Does that mean nothing to you? Is that ask I have been to you? A tool to be discarded when I have outlived my usefulness? And I thought we were friends.

But I see you clearly now. The Shards of Adonalsium care nothing for any but themselves. It is all about power with them. If you have to little, you are crushed against them, too much and you earn their fear, and they move to tear you down. Nothing else matters." The wind began to rise as his words grew louder, investiture shining from his skin in the light of the Sun as it dropped below the clouds.

"I have not ever, nor will I, side with the Lord of Hate. The blood debt I bear weighs too heavy on me. But your insolence shows you certainly know how to jump on the scales."

The wind howled as he continued, shouting now. "How dare you? How dare you! Do what you will now, but I will be your toy no longer. There will come a day, and you will mark my words, when Odium stands at your own door to knock it down. And at that day, you will look for me and my aid. You will look for it and you will remember this day, how you did his own work for him. You will look for me, but I will not be there. You will search for me, but Kiireon as my witness, I. Will. Not. Come!" The last words came out in a booming crash as lightning struck the top of the mountain. The storm broke, rain starting to come down in torrents. And Hoid was gone in a flash of light, leaving the gathered Shards alone.

On another world, in another place, Sheon/Hoid knelt in a circle of frost, tears streaming unchecked down his face. "I'm sorry Kiireon," he whispered. "I've sworn falsely in your name. I said I wouldn't cone to them, but I have a blood debt for Wilkin. And Odium will pay it. Even if it means working with those sorry excuses for shards, who are not worthy of a fraction of the power they hold. Odium will perish. I swear it. By Wilkin's grave and your own tomb in Arelon, I swear it."