Long Game 14: To Shatter a Shard

You're right Maill, we need to be completely serious.

STINK, I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR ANTICS!

Leyton! I didn't know you could vote for me!

IT IS TOO LATE, YOU THOUGHT YOU HAD MORE POWER THAN ME BUT NOW YOU WILL SEE.

What are you? A character from some idiots RP or something?

OF COURSE NOT. NOW WHEN YOU DIE I WILL BE FREE TO LEAVE THIS WEBSITE AND GO ON TO MY BRETHREN.

You have brethren? Cool.

Maw sat in the most popular tavern on Scadrial and dejectedly ordered a drink. His scythe had failed to taste any red and black blood yet and two of his friends had died instead. Two Shards. The outlook was not bright. His drink brought out a small desire to sing. 

"Drink with me
To days
Gone by
To the life
That used
To be
Let the wine of friendship
Never run dry
Drink with me
To days
Gone by
To the life
That used
To be
At the shrine of friendship
Never say die"

Maw sang out to the small crowd on Scadrial. He took an exaggerated bow, tossed a couple clips onto the bar and took his scythe and left, head hung low.

I'm going to be completely honest here: Besides Hael, I'm not sure who the other OC's are. I thought Nico was Ruin, but I'm far less certain about that now. While I could go after Hael, I'm not comfortable going after the newly-created Normal Champion when both Ruin and Odium are out there (I'm positive Hael passed Odium on Night 4).

However, my lack of certainty doesn't mean I don't have ideas. I do. My gut right now is telling me that Antillar is an OC. I'm not sure if he's Odium or Ruin, but I'm leaning towards Odium. Full disclosure: he is also an Awakener. Why does this matter? It makes sense for the OC's to start with an Awakener, given the fact that Odium can only kill Shards and the investee can only kill non-Shards. They would need a role to help them figure that out, just in case the village doesn't make it easy to figure out the investiture level. The thing is, we have made it fairly easy to guess at investiture levels. So Antillar has been able to scan for us. Thing is, he was the last Awakener to contact me.

Now, that's not the reason I suspect him. I actually suspect him because of how little he's had to say and do and the fact that the only person he's been talking to has been me. Granted, he doesn't have really any other PMs, but he could easily request more. But he's content exactly where he is. And he's been sliding under nearly everyone's radars. That is a perfect place for an eliminator. Right next to the person with all the information, posing as someone helping them out, and sliding under everyone's radars? Yeah. It doesn't get much more ideal than that.

I want to be clear that this is mostly gut. I have very little evidence to back this up, unlike the Alv and Eol lynches. Do I really believe that Antillar is an OC? Most definitely. The more I think about it, the more I believe it. But that doesn't change the fact that I have very little true evidence. So follow me at your own discretion.

How will Antillar respond to this? Will others see that it is a good place to be as an eliminator? Will they decide that Antillar is worth it as they could receive free pizzas? Will they decide that not enough evidence has been presented?

Find out when Antillar is online!  

And Macen? Try to post stuff rather than lurking please.

Edited by IrulelikeSTINK

And Macen? Try to post stuff rather than lurking please.

Macen is dead.... >>

Well, if Antillar's the same Awakener who told Kipper I was a Shard then I automatically don't trust him.

There were two Awakeners who scanned you and both scanned as High Investiture from Scadrial, which is what broken!Ruin would scan as. And a Thug. In Antillar's defense, he leaned more heavily toward you being a thug. I was the one who thought you were Ruin, so I'm the one who asked Joe all the clarifications about broken Shards and scans as well as minor roles holding broken Shards and what shows up on scans.

There were two Awakeners who scanned you and both scanned as High Investiture from Scadrial, which is what broken!Ruin would scan as. And a Thug. In Antillar's defense, he leaned more heavily toward you being a thug. I was the one who thought you were Ruin, so I'm the one who asked Joe all the clarifications about broken Shards and scans as well as minor roles holding broken Shards and what shows up on scans.

To be clear, Ruin, a Thug, and a Thug holding Ruin would all Scan as the same thing.

Coco. Antillar. I think Wilson is right about this. That seems like an almost ideal situation for an eliminator(except for the fact that he failed to slip under Wilson's radar). What do you have to say for yourself? There is still a lot of time left so I might remove my vote later if there is a better target or if you mount a good enough defense.

Wow. Ouch.

But honestly, how can I even defend myself? A Thug and a Broken!Ruin both appears as a High Investiture from Scadrial. I am a Thug, but no matter how many times I repeat that, there's no way for me to prove anything unless you kill me, but I'd rather that that don't happen since well, I only one vial of Pewter. I'd die after one cycle. And I haven't actually contributed to any discussions, here or on any PM that I can say I've been any help to the villagers.

So. Wow. Okay. How can I defend myself from that?

But still. I'm a Villager Thug. That's my truth.

And hey, some people have expressed other suspicions a while ago, why not lynch them? Or even Hael? Yeah, he might no longer be Odium, but he's still an OC and we don't win until all of them are dead.

As for voting, I'm leaning more on Antillar, but yeah, I can't on good conscience vote anyone without hearing their side. I'm a sap like that.

I can vote for someone without hearing their side. There's no need to withhold hurting inactives, it only encourages inactivity. Antillar can come on to defend himself anyways there is still lots of time left in the cycle.

I told you I'm a sap.

Huh. Wasn't Phat the one that was mistakenly killed even though he was protected and is now back in the game? And now has a Shard? Then if so he's probably clean. Since he did appear green in that write-up. Unless, of course, Survival invested in him and he turned to the dark side. I hope not. Those cookies aren't worth it.

Also, here:

Coco (1): Lopen, Kipper, Mailliw

Hael (1): Seonid

Stink (1): Mailliw, Stink

Antillar (3): Wilson, Lopen, Clanky

Phatt (1): Mailliw

PS. What are anonymous users???

Edited by nicocoberru

Well, we won't know if nicco is Ruin until one cycle after she dies anyway, so why not lynch? If she is Ruin, that's two more roleblocks she gets. I'm not sure why everyone suspects Antillar, and it stinks of a bandwagon to me...

Also, RIP everyone's signatures. They were fun while they lasted...

So you're fine with killing me, killing another villager just to see if I'm a thug or not, when there are other more suspicious people? Ugh, it seriously sucks that dying's the only way to prove my innocence, but like I said, I don't know how to do it any other way. Still. I stand by what I say. I am a Villager Thug.

Though, to be honest, dying doesn't sound so bad. I mean, you can't play this game without dying even once right?

The fact Antillar hasn't defended himself is very suspicious to me.  I know he was on yesterday, he viewed the thread and used personal messager after having been called out here.  Even with seeing that he has been called out he hasn't defended himself so I am going to place my vote there. 

Phat has been super quiet as well, but right now I think Antillar has a higher chance of being an eliminator.

Has the Contribution Crusade started here? Are we seeing the rise of a new movement?

STOP ASKING QUESTIONS. IT IS GETTING REALLY ANNOYING STINK.

I can't help it, there isn't much else to do after all.

YOU CAN HELP DEFEAT WILSON AND START A REVOLUTION.

Can you stop making votes for me? It's getting quite annoying.

YOU'RE ANNOYING.

Edited by IrulelikeSTINK