What Are You Reading, Part 2

Chaos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm up to Towers of Midnight in the Wheel of Time reread, and going pretty slowly.  I'm so close now...

I did finish Ashes of Man, and.  Oh boy.  It's not often that I read a book once and know that I want to buy it for my personal collection.  To be fair, I already have book one, but this really encouraged me to track down the others.

I also read two books by the author Amanda Dykes, those being All The Lost Places and Yours Is The Night.  These were both really good, especially since I'm really in the mood for happy endings right now.

I just started the Rithmatist.

3 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

I just re-read Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card.

Now I'm re-reading Xenocide, and after that, Children of the Mind.

Those are sequels to ender's game right? 

I am currently re-reading Elantris... for the fourth time... and the second time in the past week... *nervous laughter*

17 minutes ago, Lord Gregorio said:

Anyone have some good clean-ish recommendations for like classic books. I need some books to read to improve my understanding of writing. Stuff like The old man and the sea. Classic good stuff that isn't inappropriate.

ROBIN HOOD!!!

19 minutes ago, Lord Gregorio said:

Anyone have some good clean-ish recommendations for like classic books. I need some books to read to improve my understanding of writing. Stuff like The old man and the sea. Classic good stuff that isn't inappropriate.

The Secret Garden, anything Agatha Christie, Peter Pan, Jekyll and Hyde.

I'm rereading the Famous Five series, it was what got me to love reading when I was a tiny tiny child. They're less good than I remember but that's to be expected after nearly ten years :P 

I read the first four yesterday and I just started the fifth one now.

I started The Book Thief last night. Loving it so far.

Also about halfway through The Path of Daggers audiobook, also loving that. Recently, I have finished A Crown of Swords, by Robert Jordan, and The Dragonbone Chair, by Tad Williams. Both great books.