You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

5 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

You know you're a Sanderfan when the Facebook page for LTUE shares a meme that you created and originally posted to the Shard.

True story, look!

Screenshot_2018-07-06-17-21-27-1.thumb.png.9985821305cddda5995418d56d2fe0ab.png

Congrats! You seriously made that one?

42 minutes ago, Aurora the Rioter said:

When you are studying vocab for the GRE (a test for grad school) and you get to sartorial, which is an adj. meaning that it relates to fashion and cloths and the first thought you have is Adolin.  Out of all the character in the whole of fiction you could think of it was Adolin the fop.

Alternately: when you see the word "sartorial" and immediately think it sounds very similar to "Sebarial." :P

When you're more than shocked to see a major curse in the first Sanderfan thread, only to realize that it must be from the days before that got censored. Which makes you take in how old this site is in comparison to many websites.

Just now, AonEne said:

When you're more than shocked to see a major curse in the first Sanderfan thread, only to realize that it must be from the days before that got censored. Which makes you take in how old this site is in comparison to many websites.

It’s not that that old. If I’m right, the Shard was kinda moved into after TWG. Someone might have to check me on that. Earliest posts I’ve seen have been late 2010.

44 minutes ago, AonEne said:

:unsure: What's TWG?

Time Wasters Guide. It was a message board that went defunct before the current 17th Shard came into being. I wasn't a member then, but IIRC what other people have told me about it, it wasn't just for Brandon Sanderson stuff but also for Dan Wells and Wheel of Time, I think. You can still read old posts somewhere. I think they're archived on the Shard.

Edit: yup, you can reach this link to TWG from the 17th Shard forum homepage.

Edited by Sunbird

On 8 July 2018 at 0:38 PM, Sunbird said:

Time Wasters Guide. It was a message board that went defunct before the current 17th Shard came into being. I wasn't a member then, but IIRC what other people have told me about it, it wasn't just for Brandon Sanderson stuff but also for Dan Wells and Wheel of Time, I think. You can still read old posts somewhere. I think they're archived on the Shard.

Edit: yup, you can reach this link to TWG from the 17th Shard forum homepage.

Reading over the Mistborn: Hero of Ages discussion thread and seeing people begin to realise the significance of Hoid and the existence of the Cosmere is something every Sanderfan should experience.

Edited by The Harlem Worldhoppers
Fixed typo

9 hours ago, The Harlem Worldhoppers said:

Reading over the Mistborn: Hero of Ages discussion thread and seeing people begin to realise the significance of Hoid and the existence of the Cosmere is something every Sandersn should experience.

(wipes tears) It’s like a baby taking their first steps, oh my Domi. :P

When you are - 100% seriously - talking about similarities between yourselves and Shallan's personalities to some other people.

(I won't ping you if you don't wanna come out and say you're one of those, but you know I'm talking about you :ph34r:)

46 minutes ago, Silva said:

I feel insulted for us all. Amazon was selling copies of Mistborn: The Final Empire for $5.76.

Is it only worth that much to them!?!?!

I AM OFFEND! (Bonus points for references, right?)

36 minutes ago, Leyrann said:

When you are - 100% seriously - talking about similarities between yourselves and Shallan's personalities to some other people.

(I won't ping you if you don't wanna come out and say you're one of those, but you know I'm talking about you :ph34r:)

So me, actually.

When you have yet another dream about Brandon coming to your school. I was really really excited because i thought it was real. Then i realized school doesn't start until August, and i was dreaming. *sigh* the disappointment. 

When your notebook you take to church is full of little doodles of Mistborn, Radiants, tKotC, Roshar, and ducks fighting unicorns, and prior fighting who are riding the ducks and the unicorns.

When you name a baby bird you found Shallan. Sadly, it died, because i Wasn't allowed to take care of it. it has fallen out of a tree. I floated it down a river. poor baby robin. One of the first things i said to it was, "Keep cutting at those thorns, strong one. Make a path for the light." Hence the name. 

When you have KotC written on your calendar. I forgot why. If anyone can figure it out, that would be great. (It's on July 20).

Whenyou use All of your upvotes for today on this thread. 

Edited by Tesh

Maybe it was a deadline for when RP3 was supposed to start, or the anniversary of when it started? Let me go check.

The first comment on the original RP was July 26, 2017, so it might very well have started on July 20th. So the reminder might be for the one year anniversary. Congrats! That's a big milestone for a roleplay!

For books in general, I add characters’ birthdays into my calendar. Brandon needs to canonize birthdays for his characters so I can add them...

Yes, I know there are different lengths for years and such, but just an approximation. 

Edited by Ashspren
When you realize typos hours after you post something...

Just now, Ashspren said:

For books in general, I add characters’ birthdays into my calendar. Brandon mesa to canonize birthdays for his characters so I can add them...

Yes, I know there are different lengths for years and such, but just an approximation. 

That's amazing, and I want Vin's birthday right now.