You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

4 minutes ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

You know that there are Sanderfans in this world when there are 100 pages in PART 2 of the "You know you're a Sanderfan when" thread.

And that you are one of them.

Here's to a few hundred more! 

To make a long story short something came up recently where I knew that no one else was going to try to fix a particular problem. The first thing that came to my mind was, "Honor is dead, but I'll see what I can do." So I jumped in and tried to fix the problem. Luckily everything worked out afterwards!

44 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

To make a long story short something came up recently where I knew that no one else was going to try to fix a particular problem. The first thing that came to my mind was, "Honor is dead, but I'll see what I can do." So I jumped in and tried to fix the problem. Luckily everything worked out afterwards!

That's one of my favorite lines from either book, or any book. My favorite use has been telling my wife that, "the lawn is dead, but I'll see what I can do." 

2 hours ago, Flash said:

You know you're a sanderfan when you can figure out exactly which sanderson book to reccomend to each of your friends, based on their personality. 

I would be interested in a list of general personality attributes and the Sanderson book that matches it (if you are willing to put forth the effort for such a project).

8 hours ago, Ammanas said:

I would be interested in a list of general personality attributes and the Sanderson book that matches it (if you are willing to put forth the effort for such a project).

It's mostly thus: 

People who love action get mistborn. 

People who love the Romance get Elantris and Warbreaker. 

And I never reccomend Storm light first to someone, until after they've read some of his stuff. It's too overwhelming otherwise. 

On 7/30/2017 at 0:15 AM, thegatorgirl00 said:

When you read this, get to the part about silver flakes, and immediately assume the second half of the statement is "and immediately think how useful this will be if I ever encounter a Shade. "

True true! I'm a little embarrassed I didn't even think of that one haha!

Also, @Flash, I just recommended Stormlight to a couple people a few days ago who haven't read any Sanderson, hope it all turns out well!  Probably should have started with Mistborn but oh well, I read the Wheel of Time without having read any other epic fantasy so you have to start somewhere right? :P

1 minute ago, Taliax said:

True true! I'm a little embarrassed I didn't even think of that one haha!

Also, @Flash, I just recommended Stormlight to a couple people a few days ago who haven't read any Sanderson, hope it all turns out well!  Probably should have started with Mistborn but oh well, I read the Wheel of Time without having read any other epic fantasy so you have to start somewhere right? :P

Yeah. Many of my friends just aren't hard core readers like I am. You have to lure them in. Such huge books are scary to some people. 

When you live in a state of Cognitive dissonance that both understands that the Cosmere is fiction but still tries to apply Cosmere to your life. For example:

My son turns five in November. Is that old enough to attract a spren? 

Am I a bad enough parent that he's already broken enough to attract a spren? 

Do we get enough trace metals here that I can rule out being an allomancer? 

Are any of my fish lucky?

If my wife were a Kandra, would it be possible to tell? 

How can I get Stormlight? The black diamonds in my wedding ring would look awesome with a glow to them. 

When your whole family is listening to the Princess Bride, and it says something about honor, and you have to try REALLY hard to not shout 'Honor is dead! But I'll see what I can do."

Or when you are going to have cookies for your birthday for a very specific reason pertaining to the shard...

Or when you and your friend are texting, you say Sylphrenia instead of goodbye as that is Syl's name and SYL... I'll leave it at that.

Or when you start reading Eye of the World, and thought you found Hoid. (I thought he was Thom).

Or when you have 16 posts in this topic. (Including this one).

When you don't want to leave the couch and try to will the remote to come to you.

When you stub your toe and expect the pain to be unending

When you see a bird land on your shoulder and wonder what powers it will give you

Edited by Nathrangking

1 hour ago, Tesh said:

Or when you start reading Eye of the World, and thought you found Hoid. (I thought he was Thom).

I still want this to be a thing

1 hour ago, Calderis said:

When you live in a state of Cognitive dissonance that both understands that the Cosmere is fiction but still tries to apply Cosmere to your life. For example:

My son turns five in November. Is that old enough to attract a spren? 

Am I a bad enough parent that he's already broken enough to attract a spren? 

Do we get enough trace metals here that I can rule out being an allomancer? 

Are any of my fish lucky?

If my wife were a Kandra, would it be possible to tell? 

How can I get Stormlight? The black diamonds in my wedding ring would look awesome with a glow to them. 

Also, all of these are fantastic XD