Sanderson Memes

Guest Cognizantastic

58 minutes ago, Chinkoln said:

It is? Hmm, how do I know if something is a repeat or not, there is over a hundred pages on this thread

Well... popular theory says by reading all of it... but I haven't gotten around to that either :P

Would be nice if it could tell you by just indexing the images on the thread like the Google "search by image" function but that's likely more trouble than it's worth

Generally though, if you didn't make it, it's probably been used (but sometimes you and someone else just happen to be twinsies :D)

Edited by Scout_Fox

40 minutes ago, Scout_Fox said:

Well... popular theory says by reading all of it... but I haven't gotten around to that either :P

Would be nice if it could tell you by just indexing the images on the thread like the Google "search by image" function but that's likely more trouble than it's worth

Generally though, if you didn't make it, it's probably been used (but sometimes you and someone else just happen to be twinsies :D)

Well, if it has been used by someone else then my apologies, you can just PM me and I will remove it, otherwise, I don't have time to read all 4135 posts on this thread. I only use my personal favorites though, so it isn't like I am posting every single meme that crosses my vision.

Edited by Chinkoln

11 minutes ago, Chinkoln said:

Well, if it has been used by someone else then my apologies, you can just PM me and I will remove it, otherwise, I don't have time to read all 4135 posts on this thread. 

If it’s out and about on the Internet, particularly Google, it’s almost certainly been posted before. In most cases it’s best to make your own memes, and if you think it’s niche enough, to at least say it’s not you who made it. :) 

Edited by AonEne

13 minutes ago, Chinkoln said:

Well, if it has been used by someone else then my apologies, you can just PM me and I will remove it, otherwise, I don't have time to read all 4135 posts on this thread. I only use my personal favorites though, so it isn't like I am posting every single meme that crosses my vision.

You can just make the memes:

https://imgflip.com/

3 hours ago, Argent said:

Right, on the subject of crediting memes and avoiding posting duplicates - while also not expecting people to reading 170+ pages before sharing a thing, I will say (mostly unofficially; this is coming from me, I don't know how many of the other mods or admins agree):

• If you made it, you can post it
  • If you found it, at least link to where you found it. You don't need to go on a reverse image search quest, but a lot of the images you find on Google will come from either Reddit, or this thread; either way, it's easy to credit the creator

4cu79m.jpg

(and a real one)

Alright, I will create my own memes, and/or only post unoriginal works if they are REALLY funny, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, I Used To Be A Fish said:

4cvemj.jpg

This is such a compelling question, that this probably has been brought up before, but....

youshallnotpass

Will there be a metal called harmonium in the mistborn world?

Brandon Sanderson

RAFO. But good question.

WeiryWriter

Just an fyi but you have confirmed the existence of harmonium before. (And this is probably a RAFO, but is there a reason you didn't follow the convention of the other "god metals" and call it something like sazedium? "Harmonium" just seems out of place.)

Brandon Sanderson

Sazed didn't like the sound of Sazedium.

/r/books AMA 2015 (July 6, 2015)