the most useless uses for useful powers

king of nowhere

What would that look like?

"You're our 1 000 000th VISITOR! Click HERE to COLLECT your prize of AGELESSNESS, GODLIKE powers of ANIMATING OBJECTS, and SUPERPOWERED COLOUR - and LIFE SENSE"

Lord Ruler. Cosmere pop-up ads. :o

"If you're a metal worker, Steel Inquisitors hope you don't know this ridiculously easy trick.

Select your desired Allomantic ability..."

"Soothers HATE her! Do this one easy trick and never have to visit a soothing parlor again!"

"This Rioter makes 10 000 a week working from home! Click to see how!"

"Got an Feruchemical ability you don't know how to use? Try our patented Home Feruchemy Trainer! Modular metalmind grab bars and timed storing challenges! Only $99.99!"

Step 1. Dig basement.

Step 2. Turn basement into forge.

Step 3. Make a ton of metal spikes.

Step 4. Experiment.

NEWS HEADLINES: Mysterious disappearances plague this suburban neighborhood in a recent streak of kidnappings.

Step 5. Capture a Feruchemist.

Step 6. With your knowledge of Hemalurgy, steal the Feruchemist's ability to store Tin.

Step 7. Spike yourself.

Step 8. Become the greatest "Spot the difference!" puzzle solver in the world.

Step 9. Profit.

Accidentally posted this in Cosmere Babysitting. D:

Step 1. Dig basement.

Step 2. Turn basement into forge.

Step 3. Make a ton of metal spikes.

Step 4. Experiment.

NEWS HEADLINES: Mysterious disappearances plague this suburban neighborhood in a recent streak of kidnappings.

Step 5. Capture a Feruchemist.

Step 6. With your knowledge of Hemalurgy, steal the Feruchemist's ability to store Tin.

Step 7. Spike yourself.

Step 8. Become the greatest "Spot the difference!" puzzle solver in the world.

Step 9. Profit.

Accidentally posted this in Cosmere Babysitting. D:

Ah, that makes sense.

Yes, we were all wondering about your... shall we say... unconventional approach to responsible childcare.

I was trying to get them over their fear of needles in what may have been a slightly... aggressive manner. ;D

EDIT: Oh hey, I have two dots now.

Edited by Kal Dell

You are a model to us all.

I'm just trying to raise a courageous and knowledgable generation. 'Tis nothing outstanding. All children should be educated in the art of Hemalurgy, for scientific reasons.

I'm just trying to raise a courageous and knowledgable generation. 'Tis nothing outstanding. All children should be educated in the art of Hemalurgy, for scientific reasons.

You have to start small, though. Otherwise they're full of preconceived moral notions and don't make good assistants for Hemalurgic experiments. (Unless you can spike out their sense of morality, of course. But then adults are better because they're stronger and don't need your help to use the hammer.)

Ok so this has lead to a disquieting line of reasoning for me. If a hemalurgic spike can give you the strength of another person, then if you spiked an adult to charge a spike, and then gave the charged spike to a child, would you have an exponential yield more so than an adult to another adult?

Ok so this has lead to a disquieting line of reasoning for me. If a hemalurgic spike can give you the strength of another person, then if you spiked an adult to charge a spike, and then gave the charged spike to a child, would you have an exponential yield more so than an adult to another adult?

We know that the Breath of old people/young people can be of a different "strength" (though we don't know if it changes over your life), so it makes sense that maybe your Investiture matures over your life, and that spiking a strong man and putting all the strength into a little child's body would result in a far greater effect. Something to ask Brandon, though I always wonder if anyone who asks Brandon about Hemalurgy comes across as a serial killer. For such a disgusting art, it's very fascinating.

Edited by Moogle

We know that the Breath of old people/young people can be of a different "strength" (though we don't know if it changes over your life), so it makes sense that maybe your Investiture matures over your life, and that spiking a strong man and putting all the strength into a little child's body would result in a far greater effect. Something to ask Brandon, though I always wonder if anyone who asks Brandon about Hemalurgy comes across as a serial killer. For such a disgusting art, it's very fascinating.

Well in a way it is Brandon's own fault lol. I believe he based it on acupuncture which in and of itself is a fascinating art as well. By extension one must wonder, if this is true, then if you spike a child from multiple adults, what kind of affect would that have on the child's physical as well as mental maturity?

I want to see a Writing Excuses anthology where every author has to write a short story in another's setting. Dan would have a field day with Hemalurgy.

He's scary enough already, thanks.  Now I'm going to have John-Cleaver-on-Scandrial nightmares.  Talk about temptation...

Be a Coinshot. Surround yourself with a thin metal foil, and Steelpush outwards at all times

GIANT METAL HAMSTER BALL.

Correction, GIANT METAL PINBALL, then build a giant pinball machine and run around in it. 

Edited by Pathfinder