What I'm curious about, Wilson, is why you seem to be so determined to defend one of the most suspicious players?

A few different reasons. One, I think his explanation made sense, even if his course of action wasn't the wisest. I don't believe in lynching players based purely on a stupid move. He was a good player in the one game I played with him, even if I didn't interact with him at all and I think he has potential, so I'm not about to say that he's not worth anything to Team Good if he's not spiked, just because he did this.

Two, I honestly think the Spiked were trying to set him up. Looking at it in that light, the situation makes a lot more sense to me than the other way around, because I really can't see a spiked team ever coming even close to condoning something like this. Maybe I'm totally and completely wrong about that. But if Eol is Spiked and was intentionally trying to get himself lynched, it makes no sense for him to come back and give such a hardy defense of his actions. We'd be in a lot more of an uproar right now after lynching him and knowing for a fact that the Spiked had that much information. Plus, we'd be trusting some Spiked a bit as well, because I was willing to write off Mek, Piff, Ostrich, and Winter as all being Villagers since they were the first to come out and try to work through the situation so openly. And I think Ostrich at least is Spiked.

Three, Kas kind of trusted him. At least, I'm nearly certain that's who Kas was referring to. In one of my PMs with him, he said there were only two players he kind of trusted. I was one of them. And since he came to me to defend Eol (even if it was only to tell me that Eol had told him about the experiment before he did it) I'm pretty sure Eol was the other one. Kas is one of the most paranoid players in this game. He knows he's prone to trusting people, so he tends to overcompensate, particularly for players like me, Wyrm, and Ren. Gaining his trust is rather difficult. Granted, I haven't had to do that as an eliminator, but I'm fairly certain I should just avoid Kas altogether if I'm an eliminator. Far safer that way, even if he presents an interesting challenge. The fact that he trusted Eol, even if it was just a little bit, is another mark in Eol's favor.

And since Wyrm requested that I reveal the person who asked, I will, but only because I want more discussion on this, and I feel this is the only way to gain it. I'm still uncertain about whether he was trying to find out exactly how much I knew or if he was an innocent villager trying to decide for himself what happened. Ash was the player. For now, my vote is staying on Wyrm.

Edited by little wilson
grammar

Not sure what to make of Ash's request, but I have other things I'd like from some people, so I'm taking my vote off for now.  (It would be nice if you did explain this, though, Ash.)

Alright, so we have at least three people who know something about Eol’s role scanning info, I believe?  Eol, Winter, and Ostrich.  I’ve seen many people this turn either subtly or explicitly put evidence against Ostrich and Eol, but I haven’t seen nearly as many people put anything Winter Cloud’s way.  Plus, Winter Cloud has been getting very quiet and still isn’t voting, and I don’t really understand the reasoning behind that.  Care to explain?

As I sort-of mentioned earlier, I’m concerned about the players that have brought things to the table for discussion, but haven’t done many explanations of suspicions.  Maill being the main one on my mind, for putting a vote towards Ash, just like last cycle, but not having any explanation towards it.  Doesn’t look like you’re planning to move it either, so I’d like an explanation for that.

I’m still worried by Macen and Jasnah’s complete inactivity.  If you are secretly reading this thread, please stop.

I’m slightly suspicious of Mckeedee, as he only showed up once this cycle, to try and put some heavy suspicion towards Wilson.  I haven’t seen him brought up that much either.  (However, there are many other quiet players who need to speak more.  It’s making me slightly worried.)

Also, just for data purposes, here are the vote-totin’ players so far this cycle:

Wyrm
Eol
Wilson
Hero (Retracted)
Seonid
Dowanx (Retracted)
Weiry (Retracted)
Maill
Araris
Sarcomere
Clancy
Peng
Ostrich
Renegade

Ashiok

And here are the non-voters, so far:

Unodus
Winter Cloud
Macen
Ashiok
Lord Pifferdoo
Joe
Mckeedee
Dom
Jasnah
Newan
Jain

I know that half of these people have given RL reasons for being inactive, but still, these aren't the statistics I’m looking for. :P

Edited by Renegade

Alrighty then. People want explanations? Here they come. Take notes :P

I asked about Kas for three reasons:

1. his death was random, which was strange.

2. WIlson, as PM leader, would probably know who he'd been in contact with/ suspicious of. This would give me almost hard info to work with.

3. I was curious.... 

Conclusions drawn from it:

1. Wilson is REALLY good at Elimination.

2. I need to read more carefully

3. Dowanx, I find you extremely suspicious, both because of my gut and because of some of the things you said. For example, you said you were worried about Wilson and Claincy being on top, that had been addressed multiple times already. You then proceeded to interrogate Wilson, using old info.

4. I'm really bad at SE...

EDIT: 3. and 4. are related to the conversations after Kas' death, not necessarily Kas' death...

Edited by Ashiok

Renegade, I retracted my vote this cycle btw.

Eol, if he is spiked, probably wanted somebody that could back up what he was doing without implicating a second spiked person in the plot. Kas can't really do much about that situation anymore. I agree with Wyrm, we are focusing nearly all of our discussion on Eol and I think that it is time for us to find out what is really up with him. From there, we can work with who defended him/argued for his death since we have lots of posts in that area.

3. Dowanx, I find you extremely suspicious, both because of my gut and because of some of the things you said. For example, you said you were worried about Wilson and Claincy being on top, that had been addressed multiple times already. You then proceeded to interrogate Wilson, using old info.

I raised my concerns after Kas was killed because I thought Wilson or Claincy were going to die that night.  Neither died and then it wasn't even brought up.  I felt that that issue needed to be addressed further.

Edit Color

I'm Awesome because I'm Awesome

Edited by dowanx

I’m slightly suspicious of Mckeedee, as he only showed up once this cycle, to try and put some heavy suspicion towards Wilson.  I haven’t seen him brought up that much either.  (However, there are many other quiet players who need to speak more.  It’s making me slightly worried.)

Well, actually, I trust Wilson a lot. I stated that quite definitively at the end of my post. I didn't mean to cast suspicion on her, I

just wanted to point out that most of her suspects are people who have attacked her in-thread. Those PM networks give her and Claincy a lot of clout, so it seemed important to me to point that out (Hey, that rhymed!)

But I suppose it's about time to cast a vote anyway. Here's what I think, in case anybody cares:

Wilson's vote on Wyrm is a little... unfounded. Imean, I suppose anybody here could be an eliminator, but I don't think Wyrm has done anything in particular to stand out as a suspect. Same for Ash. Eoldren is a special case, but I don't think it's a good idea to lynch people who are probably innocent just to "see what's up with them". And, and... Well, I guess I'm not really all that suspicious of anybody. Maybe I should just delete this paragraph.

Or I could just post it.  <_< 

Lynching's tough for me. While I agree that it needs to be done, I don't want to be the one to actually point the finger at an innocent player and have them be killed by accident. And then, of course, there's the fact that everybody seems to read too much into it. Who you vote for, and when, and how, and why, is overanalyzed by people into these behemoth walls of blue texted suspicion. In fact, right now I'm pretty sure that people are going to start pointing fingers at me if I don't vote for two cycles in a row. What a mess. Well, I suppose Dowanx is a little suspicious now that you mention it, but please please please don't overanalyze this vote. Please

I did mention Claincy several times, but your right I did go after Wilson more.  The main reason I started my post was because I thought it was odd that neither of them died.  I went after Wilson more because from what I read and my gut. Simply, she was suspicious while I found Claincy only mildly suspicious at the time.

Ok, Dow, that's a good reason for now, but I'm still suspicious of you. I just don't think that pressing the envelope right now would be useful. Now, then. I have it from Wilson that before Kas died, he was in coontact with Ren and Wyrm, and that he was suspicious of Wyrm. Now, seeing as these suspicions weren't at the top of the list, nobody really noted them, except the eliminators. Perfect time to eliminate a probable threat, whose ideas were headed in the right direction.

Now, then. I have it from Wilson that before Kas died, he was in coontact with Ren and Wyrm, and that he was suspicious of Wyrm. 

Um. I'll have to go back and check my PM with him to make certain, but I don't think I ever said Kas was suspicious of Wyrm. I said that Ren told Kas that Ren was suspicious of Wyrm, because Wyrm was focusing a little too much on the inactives and Sart (Day 1, before Sart died).

I'm at work (just at the end of break) right now, so I don't have a lot of time to read everything and analyze it all. Nothing immediately jumps out at me enough to say "Change your vote!" I won't have another chance to be on until after the cycle change, so I'm going to leave my poke vote on Macen for now, just because I don't have anywhere better to put it. I hope I can be reasonably confident that we won't lynch him while I'm gone.

First up, you guys have just over 2 hours until the end of the day!

Secondly, I was going through and recording votes and thought you all might like a vote count, so here you go!

(4) Eoladdin- Baron von Piffertiff, Peng, Aralis, Wyra

(2) Lord Ostrich- Eoladdin, Reeco

(2) Wyra- Wilson, Ashette

(2) Peng- Jain, Lord Ostrich

(1) Ashette- Maill

(1) Ament- Melend

(1) Larry- Senn

(1) Maill- Rent

(1) Jain- Clancy

(10)No Votes- Joe, Dom, Cleo, Newan, Herwynbe, Ament, Damon, Odustren, Riew, Larry

Enjoy!

Well, for now I'll retract my vote against Ostrich (I'm not sure how to go back to old posts and edit for color). Ash made good sense. I'll refrain from voting this cycle, and see how things turn out before I make any further, possibly misguided, decisions.

Sorry for posting so late - just finished applying for a pretty big scholarship that may-or-may-not determine where I go to college.

Anyways!

I'm retracting my vote for Eol because I did a lot of sifting and logic-working and I pretty sure he's innocent now, however I'm still suspicious.

I'm suspicious of everyone except myself and the dead people. 

So when and where did Wilson vote for Wyrm? Because I'm not seeing it...

Edit: nevermind, I see it now

Edit2: so I spent a good deal of my freetime today rereading the game to this point, and after a lot of consideration I'm going to vote for Ostrich. I realize this is a last minute vote, but I doubt it will cause him to be lynched, so it shouldn't cause too much trouble (I hope).

I have my reasons for voting for Ostrich. No I am not going to share them at this time. Ostrich can make of that what he will (as can the rest of you).

Edited by Herowannabe

Ren, I voted for Ash because of his post where he told Hero that lynching is one of the most important things in this game and voting is valuable. In the same post, he also said he wasn't going to vote that cycle. That, and some other posts that have been contradictory, and a gut feeling have led me to vote for Ash. At this point in time though, I'm pretty certain Eol isn't Spiked. So if it comes down to it, I'm much more suspicious of Wyra. I'd rather not lynch someone I think is innocent, and while I do suspect Ash more than Wyrm, Ash isn't going to get lynched this cycle and so I might as well put my vote somewhere useful.

I just spent the last two hours typing up a huge analysis post for the situations that people are focused most on Eol for. The Social Experiment and The Lynch on Satrams. Unfortunately, technical problems happened, and I happened to lose all of it. It's way too late in the cycle for me to type it all back up and collect the information. However, I'd like to make a request.

Those who have votes on Eol and can change them (so Peng and Araris, since Wyrm is asleep) I appeal to you to remove your votes. I also appeal to the Village Seeker to Seek Eol tonight. I'm sure there is someone you trust enough to give the information of your seeking to.

I really do not think it would be wise for us to lynch Eol. After collecting all the relevant posts in those two situations, I've seen who is being manipulated, and I have a fair idea of who is doing it. If you give me some time (not tonight. I need to get some sleep tonight, since I've gotten far too little the last 3 nights, and it's starting to take a serious toll on me), I will show you what I've found. One day. That's all that I ask. If you're not swayed, kill me tomorrow in the lynch.

There's one main thing about this game. People make mistakes--most often the villagers. But we can learn from those mistakes.  We do. It's just when. Hopefully before we do too much damage. If you kill Eol, there's no going back from that. You'll have let the Spiked manipulate you. Don't give them that power. This may seem heavy-handed. It is. And I understand it's going to make me seem suspicious. That's fine. I've never stuck my neck out this far for someone, but I am certain that he's innocent and we do not want to kill him. There are other ways to confirm him. Let the Seeker do their part. Please.

Night 3: Revenge is a Dish Best Served With Fists!

The day had been long and arduous. The sun seemed to beat down even hotter than normal and the ashmount wasn’t providing a lot of ash for cover. The heat acted like a leech on the villagers and they moved about at a sluggish pace.

All except one of them; Wyra. She still seemed to be going strong; running errands for Edgar, almost as if she were flaunting the fact that she was in much better shape than the rest of the villagers.

Most of the villagers had decided to take the day off and were lounging in Satrams’, now Reeco’s tavern and they’d watch her as she would jog past them through the windows.

“I don’t know how she does it,” said the Baron with a shake of his head. “Just watching her is making me tired!”

Not that the Baron had much time for staring out the window. The rest of the villagers were in the tavern and they were discussing their poor luck recently and were looking for someone to blame…

Many kept turning to Eoladdin. Surely their problems weren’t caused by normal, intelligent folks. This must be the work of a mad man.

In his defense, Eoladdin spent a large portion of his time sitting in the corner, rubbing that lamp of his and wishing for a way out.

They had all but decided to throw him to the Koloss when they arrived when Wyra jogged past the windows again on another errand.

“You’d have to be mad to be running around in this heat!” Ashette exclaimed as she did her best to fan herself. “You wouldn’t catch me out there! Oh what I’d give to be back in Luthadel! The iced wine and the balls and the... “

The rest of the crowd stopped listening. It was true; you would have to be insane to be running around out there. But she wasn’t out there because she wanted to be, she was out there on the orders of Edgar….

The entirety of the village seemed to come to this conclusion together, their anger at Eoladdin forgotten somehow. Now Edgar on the other hand, he sounded like a pretty crafty mastermind.

It took some prodding to get them to actually go outside and even more to approach the furnace that was the blacksmith’s armory, but eventually they did make it. Edgar was pounding away, shaping what looked to be the head of an axe, though he didn’t look happy about it. Perhaps he had bad memories about axes?

The mob, sweating in the afternoon heat, wasted no time. They just wanted to get back to the shade. Best to put a stop to these killings and sabotages quickly. They grabbed Edgar from behind and dragged him out of his armory. Edgar fought back, but there were more than enough to them to overpower him. They pummelled and kicked him to the ground. A few of the villagers ran back into his shop and grabbed some knives and swords he had made for the villages defense.

As they drew in for the coup de grâce, a single voice at the edge of the crowd called out:

“Just what in the name of the Lord Ruler do you people think you’re doing?!?”

They turned to find a very strong and very angery Wyra. She had her hands balled up into fists at her side, her eyes were narrowed to slits and she was so tensed up that she made rock seem fluid.

Before they could even fathom a reply, she lashed out at those that had the unfortunate luck to be standing anywhere near her. She was a flurry of punches and kicks and wherever she went, she left a trail of bruised bodies and egos behind her.

As she neared the center of the mob, the few that had taken weapons tried them, but though they sliced her, she just kept going. She was like a force of nature, impossible to stop.

Eventually the villagers’ nerve broke and they scattered, leaving a horribly beaten up Edgar and a blood-dripping Wyra in peace.

She fell to her knees in front of the body of her broken master. She tried to see if there was anything she could do for him, but she was no doctor. She knew how to cause such wounds, not heal them.

Amazingly, Edgar was still alive! Maybe not for long, but alive!

“You weren’t my first choice,” he gasped, “but you were probably my best choice. I graduate you. You’re no longer an apprentice.”

“Don’t make me regret it,” He said with a crooked smile before finally fading.

Wyra stayed like that, kneeling before his body until almost dusk.

Then she lifted Edgar’s body and took them back into the armory. She would have to bury him tomorrow, but right now, she needed more pewter.

Night 3 Begins! Since this write up took a little bit longer and I want to keep as close to schedule as possible, there will be 23 hours in this night!

Wyra is a Thug!

Votes

(3) Wyra- Wilson, Ashette, Maill

(2) Eoladdin- Peng, Wyra

(2) Peng- Jain, Lord Ostrich

(2) Lord Ostrich- Eoladdin, Herwynbe

(1) Ament- Melend

(1) Larry- Senn

(1) Maill- Rent

(1) Jain- Clancy

(11) No Votes- Joe, Dom, Cleo, Newan, Ament, Damon, Odustren, Riew, Larry, Reeco, Aralis, Baron Von Piffertiff

Edited by Metacognition

Well... Interesting. It appears there is some soother/rioter work going on here, because the end tally doesn't match the thread. Aralis and I both cast votes, but ended up in the no-vote list

(rules clarification: When someone's vote is changed via rioting/soothing, how will it appear in the final tally? Exactly like it is above? As in Aralis and I were really soothed or rioted, that's not just a mistake, right?)

Edited by Herowannabe

Yours was a mistake. I didn't see your edit until afterwards (if that would've changed the write up, I would've flipped!) and it's already been fixed, but that is how emotional allomancy will show up.

Edited by Metacognition

Wait, so was Wyra executed, or Edgar? o.O 

Or are they both gone now?

I'm confused... x.x

I missed the end of the day cycle, so I'm not sure what exactly just happened... .3.;

Edited by Unodus