Well, I'm new to this all, and as a foreigner, Reeco's not used to the ways of 17thshardsfolk. I wanted to wait and get a clear idea about how this all worked.

From what I've gathered, I believe Hero is innocent.

Hero, in the beginning, chose not to vote for anybody. At the time, there truly was very little information to go off of. Also, casting any solid suspicion without much evidence to back you up at the very start of the game is almost a sure way to get yourself suspected as well. In fact, I did suspect Kas, if only because he was so quick to accuse. I don't see why Hero should be targeted any more than anyone else who hasn't voted.

Also, Hero has adamantly stated again and again that he is not a Spiked without being prompted. I don't think the Spiked would be so quick to say they aren't spiked when they aren't even being suspected, especially this early in the game. They might say so if they were confronted, but not on their own volition. That being said, I'll be extremely wary of anyone who directly claims not to be a Spiked from now on. 

On that note, I vote for Ostrich.  

I'm wondering why he wanted people who were "falsely accused" to contact him- almost as if he wanted to narrow down roles himself?

@Ren: I mentioned that in my post where I voted for Hero, that we still had around 24 hours to discuss things. However, if the cycle had ended at that point in time then that's where I wanted my vote to be. I do disagree with the conclusions that Hero has reached, although the points he brings up are valid. Since the eliminators have more information than us, we should force them to use that info so that we gain some access to it as well.

@Ash: Not voting can be the same as pulling the trigger yourself since you can have the power to save or sink somebody.

I suppose that my original reason for voting for Hero is gone, so I need to find someone else. I'm not quite sure what is up with Kas. We just had a decently long discussion about eliminators and suiciding, which could be popping up again (Kas is a spiked tineye that wants to be dead). One thing that I am kind of surprised hasn't seen too much attention in the thread is the Wilson/Claincy strategy with decently sized group PMs. My group had a little talk about our opinions of the effectiveness of communicating like that, and I have seen several people saying that the bulk of conversation should go in the thread since the spiked work best in secrecy. One thing that I am considering is whether or not we should let everyone know who is in what group so the whole village can be a little more involved with using those PMs to the best for the whole group.

My vote will go on Jasnah for now, since she has a history of not doing very much of anything, and hasn't even read the PM that Wilson and Claincy started with her.

Hi all,

I want to let you know that at the moment I am basically an inactive player. I'm unexpectedly very busy at the moment to the point where I haven't even got time to read through the posts let alone respond and do RP and stuff. This isn't going to change any time soon so you can consider me to be not playing. I've just seen that I've picked up a vote so if you want to lynch me please go ahead.

Dom 

(Again sorry for double posting)

(And yes it should be in blue - that's my phone again!!!)

Edited by dominic1994

Why should we kill an inactive? To keep an active alive one more cycle? Not reason enough. We lynch for info, and killing somebody because they're inactive is stupid. It grants much less info than killing somebody whilst discussing why to kill them. Therefore, we gain more info by killing somebody other than Dom, and if we're gonna kill Dom, we might as well not kill anybody.

We have three possible routes:

Killing Dom pros: Learn what his role is, no actives deaths, possibility of discussion (But unlikely)
Cons: Loss of a player, loss of the info granted by a lynch that was discussed (AKA loss of a cycle), somebody dies to Spiked next cycle and

This leaves: 25 people, mostly actives (AKA 25)

No Lynch Pros: Discussion, no deaths
Cons: Loss of info, somebody dies to spiked next cycle in the same way as Dom

26 people, one of which is confirmed inactive (AKA 25)

Lynching an active Pros: Gain info from discussing the lynch, possibly kill spiked
Cons: possibly kill innocent active

25 people, one of which is confirmed inactive (AKA 24)

While lynching an active leaves us with the least amount of functioning players, it gives us the most info for day one. Sure, I'll argue for lynches, I just don't know where to put my vote yet.

My two cents...

I don't think Eol is spiked.  In my opinion it was a risky gambit and I don't think a collaboration of people would come up with that plan.

I am a little confused as why so many people are voting for Hreo.  I have read the explanations, but it seems a little weak especially since it is causing such a bandwagon to form.

Honestly I am still trying to decide who I am going to vote for.  I was going to vote for Dom, but I don't think we should kill an inactive player as it would probably give us the least amount of information.

Anyways I am going to reread the thread and then make a vote.  Until then my vote is going to go to Ash.

Edit Color

I'm awesome because I'm Awesome!

Edited by dowanx

@the whole Hero debacle: If we don't vote, we don't get much info. What else would we do in thread? We'd just be picked off by the spiked. We have to vote. I do doubt that Hero is Spiked, if only because this argument has been had many times, less so recently, but he hasn't played recently.

@me not voting this cycle: I don't like voting cycle one... Not enough info. I do agree that it needs to be done, I just don't want to pull the trigger

So, you tell Hero that we need to vote and then say that you don't like to vote??

Woah, such vehemence, Kas. ;) But that's okay, because I really don't suspect you. It's not like the Eliminators to stick their necks out as strongly as you are doing, and I really don't suspect you in the least.

A quick response: You argue that the no-lynch strategy is a weak one. I see your point, and you are right. But it is also a safe® strategy. And I counter-argue that lynching people based off of their posts and reasonings (or lack thereof) is a reckless strategy, for all the reasons I've stated before.

Awes in LG5. That is all.

So, what, we're supposed to wait for the seeker to get lucky and in the meantime, hope we don't die? No thanks. Voting based on reasonings and posts is the best we can do if we aren't seekers. Aside from voting based of PM reasons, I suppose. We have to vote based off of the thread if we want to get anywhere.

Would voting for Dom be a thing to do? Or should we wait for the spiked to murder him?

I say leave him alone. If he's resigning then, as a spiked, he can't hurt us, and as a villager, he gives us a slight buffer.

@Ash: You should really RP yourself as a ruthless character, and then it would probably come much easier. Just find a thread that someone argued with you in or someone that killed you in a previous game and make up something about why they should be killed today. If you claim to be a seeker, you probably would be believed long enough to pull of the kill. You have to have some sort of discontented feelings towards at least one of us.

Okay....I can finally get around to posting here. Been on my phone all day, and the mobile site just doesn't have the capabilities needed to quote multiple posts....

First, though, a List:

Karnad: (3) Maill, Karnad, Wyra, Satrams

Dom: (3) Maill, Clancy, Riew, Peng

Eoladdin: (2) Maill, Ostrich, Melend, Ostrich

Satrams: (2) Wyra, Wilson

Odustren: (1) Rent

Damon: (1) Aralis

Herwynbe: (1) Karnad, Rent, Aralis, Odustren

Ostrich: (1) Wyra, Reeco

Ashette: (0) Maill, Senn, Ament

Jain: (0) Wyra

Joe: (0) Clancy

Sorry I haven't posted yet. I've been busy in real life. Anyways, on to discussion. I'm going to move straight to voting for Kassad. He's been very active in the thread lately, but he hasn't been active in voting for anyone. Furthermore, he's voted for himself, which makes me very suspicious of why he's trying to buy trust. It's mostly a gut feeling, but I don't think I can really trust him this game.

Kas was the first vote of this day...He voted even before Hero said that he wasn't voting for anyone, so...that logic doesn't hold up under scrutiny. At all. Why are you really voting for Kas? To save Hero? Is he your evil teammate?

Hero, in the beginning, chose not to vote for anybody. At the time, there truly was very little information to go off of. Also, casting any solid suspicion without much evidence to back you up at the very start of the game is almost a sure way to get yourself suspected as well. In fact, I did suspect Kas, if only because he was so quick to accuse. I don't see why Hero should be targeted any more than anyone else who hasn't voted.

Also, Hero has adamantly stated again and again that he is not a Spiked without being prompted. I don't think the Spiked would be so quick to say they aren't spiked when they aren't even being suspected, especially this early in the game. They might say so if they were confronted, but not on their own volition. That being said, I'll be extremely wary of anyone who directly claims not to be a Spiked from now on. 

On that note, I vote for Ostrich.  

I'm wondering why he wanted people who were "falsely accused" to contact him- almost as if he wanted to narrow down roles himself?

As Maill already pointed out, there are times when people claim to not be evil when they are, in fact, evil. Regardless of being prompted or not. It's actually one of the easiest ploys to do. (Which is precisely why I tend to avoid it when I'm actually evil. Too obvious). The fact that Hero's throwing that out there, without any prompt whatsoever, is interesting to me. I also find it interesting that some people are suspicious of Kas for voting for himself because he's clearly trying to gain trust, but not suspicious of Hero for doing exactly the same thing.

As for Ostrich. That request was, I think, more an appeal for those contacted by Eol to get in touch with him. Not necessarily trying to narrow down roles. However, I do think role reveals went on there. In fact, I know some did. And now that it looks like Eol is innocent, I'm really starting to look at some of the early people involved in that mess. Who benefits the most from something like this? The Spiked.

One thing that I am kind of surprised hasn't seen too much attention in the thread is the Wilson/Claincy strategy with decently sized group PMs. My group had a little talk about our opinions of the effectiveness of communicating like that, and I have seen several people saying that the bulk of conversation should go in the thread since the spiked work best in secrecy. One thing that I am considering is whether or not we should let everyone know who is in what group so the whole village can be a little more involved with using those PMs to the best for the whole group.

I'm not sure how wise it would be to reveal who is in what group. Working off the assumption that both Claincy and I are clean, to reveal that would be to let the Spiked now everyone who is in the PMs that they are not in. The exact PMs. They have a group of people as it is. But they don't know the distribution. If they have that information, they can pick people off and completely kill an entire PM group. Goodbye clean communication. Not that there's a lot of communication going on in the group PMs. Some talk a bit, some not at all. Personally, I've been talking more one-on-one lately than group...

Would voting for Dom be a thing to do? Or should we wait for the spiked to murder him?

A few people have talked about this, but I just want to say that voting for Dom is completely and entirely pointless. Not only is he a buffer if he's good, but he's also a target for the Coinshots to prove themselves, if they get in contact with someone. "If you're actually a Coinshot, kill Dom." Then we don't waste a lynch.

I'm going to go back and once again vote Eoladdin, as I still have my suspicions about him.

Could you expound on those suspicions? I thought he explained himself rather nicely, and as other people pointed out, what he did and his reasons for it don't seem like something a group of evil conspirators would condone. Beyond that, someone that I happen to trust slightly told me that before Eol started the experiment, he was in communication with this person and told them that he was going to try a "social experiment." While he didn't tell them what he was going to do, they knew to expect something. The fact that he told someone is even more indicative that he was being straight. Sure, he didn't tell me or Claincy. I don't mind. If he doesn't trust us, he doesn't trust us. Fact is, he seems good, and I know I'm not the only one who thinks that. So please, I'd like to hear your suspicions on him.

As for my vote. I've withheld it this entire cycle, going back and forth on multiple people, and not wanting to participate in any bandwagon. I thought Eol was evil. Now I don't think he is. I thought Hero was evil. I still think he might be. I'm also suspicious of Sart. And Ostrich. And Winter. And Ash, a bit. But who to vote for? I think I'll go with the person whose reasoning has been the most faulty. Satrams.

Could you expound on those suspicions? I thought he explained himself rather nicely, and as other people pointed out, what he did and his reasons for it don't seem like something a group of evil conspirators would condone. Beyond that, someone that I happen to trust slightly told me that before Eol started the experiment, he was in communication with this person and told them that he was going to try a "social experiment." While he didn't tell them what he was going to do, they knew to expect something. The fact that he told someone is even more indicative that he was being straight. Sure, he didn't tell me or Claincy. I don't mind. If he doesn't trust us, he doesn't trust us. Fact is, he seems good, and I know I'm not the only one who thinks that. So please, I'd like to hear your suspicions on him.

I really don't like waffling, but I guess I can't keep my vote on Eoldren in this context.

Honestly, it seems like everyone's reasoning is pretty shaky at this point. I suppose that a lynch would be better than nothing, but I'm not sure how to call it.

What time, in pacific time, is this cycle over?

The same time the thread was started for you. 10?

EDIT: Maybe the same time the last thread ended for you. 7? Now I'm just confused  :wacko:

EDIT 2: Nope. I think I was right. 10:00 Pacific time

Edited by mckeedee123

Honestly, it seems like everyone's reasoning is pretty shaky at this point. I suppose that a lynch would be better than nothing, but I'm not sure how to call it.

That's pretty standard this early in the game. There's not enough information to have real reasoning, but it's the lynch discussions (and the lynches themselves, although with an incredibly fruitful discussion--which I wouldn't say this has been--the lynch isn't entirely necessary) that garner the information necessary for more solid reasons. I'd be worried if someone had a completely solid case against another player this early in the game, and the other player had no defense at all.

For the reasons that have already been outlined quite well I am retracting my vote from Dom now that he has posted.

As we still have a couple of hours to go, I'm going to continue doing what I've been doing for now. Macen, you haven't posted since recruitment but you were online yesterday. Care to explain why and share any insight you may have?

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

I'm really tired and I just woke up, so this could be wrong, but here's an updated vote list, tracking vote-shifts, arranged from most votes to the least, and within each tied votes section, in alphabetical order.

Sart (3): Wyrm<4>, Wilson, Eoldren
Ash (2): Seonid, Maili<3>, Ament
Hreo (2): Kas<1>, Ren<1>, Araris<1>, Unodus, Weiry<2>
Kas (2): Kas<2>, Wyrm<3>, Sart
Dom (1): Maili<1>, Claincy<2>, Weiry<1>, Peng
Eoldren (1): Maili<2>, Tekiel<1>, Mek, Tekiel<2>
Jasnah (1): Araris<2>
Macen (1): Claincy<3>
Nobody (1): Hreo
Tekiel (1): Wyrm<2>, Sarcomere
Unodus (1): Ren<2>
Jain (0): Wyrm<1>
Joe (0): Claincy<1>

Edit: Yep, told y'all I was all eh from having just woken up. In no alphabet does 'K' come before 'D'. My bad >>

Edited by Kasimir

Hmmm it will be useful to have a buffer going forward so I hereby rescind by vote for Dom.  Right now I've been thinking about how emphatic Hero was by saying "I am not spiked".  He could be a Villager desperate to make sure people know it, or a Spiked overcompensating, though both of those are kind of rookie moves (in my opinion as a rookie).  What if he's doing a double bluff?  If I remember correctly he's played a number of these, right? So I don't think he would draw attention to himself in that way unless it was a diversion of some sort?  Does that make sense?  He's disguising being Spiked by being the obvious choice?

So I vote for Hero.

As it stands then, we have 4 people each on 2 votes. Ash, Hero,  Kas and Sart.

Of those I find Sart to be the most suspicious. Saying that Kas had been active in the thread but inactive in the voting is simply wrong. He opened with a vote on Hero, and then followed it up with him about his suspicion in various posts. His activity then, is an extension on his voting early in the cycle.

You also talk about him voting for himself as a method for gaining trust amongst the village, when other players have been doing exactly the same thing. Hero saying he is definitely a villager, Wilson giving reasons to trust herself and Claincey in certain PM’s. Myself with an open explanation of my actions. I could go on and on, but my point is, this game is an exercise in buying trust. The fact that you find that an appropriate reason to “move straight to voting for kassad”, I find suspicious.

I agree that we need a lynch to gain information and move forward in this game, so because of that and my suspicions of Sart, I will be placing my vote there.

Hmmm it will be useful to have a buffer going forward so I hereby rescind by vote for Dom. Right now I've been thinking about how emphatic Hero was by saying "I am not spiked". He could be a Villager desperate to make sure people know it, or a Spiked overcompensating, though both of those are kind of rookie moves (in my opinion as a rookie). What if he's doing a double bluff? If I remember correctly he's played a number of these, right? So I don't think he would draw attention to himself in that way unless it was a diversion of some sort? Does that make sense? He's disguising being Spiked by being the obvious choice?

So I vote for Hero.

"Draw attention to myself"??? I already had all the attention on me- just as much if not more than Eolhondras, and all because I agreed with the most sensible player and lobbied for a no-lynch strategy.

As far as it being a rookie move- well like I said this is only my 4th game- and the last game I played was several months ago- so yeah, I'm rusty, but that's besides the point.

The point is that I'm NOT spiked, and I don't want to be lynched simply for doing the best I can to help out team good. ;) Now if you want to go ahead and lynch me, well unfortunately there is nothing I can do to stop it other than vociferously defend myself- which I've already done. But if and when I die, and you see I was telling the truth, maybe my arguments will hold a bit more weight. :P

Edited by Herowannabe

Night 2: Open the Taps

Satrams breathed a sigh of relief when he woke up the next day to a clean tavern. For some reason, he had tossed and turned all night in the fear that some would defile it. He chalked it up to paranoia over the supposed saboteurs that were running around in the town and opened up shop.

It didn’t take long in the day for people to start pouring in, tracking ash everywhere and making Satrams twitch. Some of his early clientele had the red-rimmed eyes and drooping faces of people who had been up all night. Whether that was due to helping put out the inferno at the barracks or from other, more nefarious purposes, Satrams couldn’t guess. He just kept the taps open for everyone and tried to sweep away any offending dust.

By the time news of what had happened to Vron had made its way to the tavern, a decent portion of the town was already there. Satrams had been hesitant about letting Recco use some of his space for his so-called food, but ever since he had set up, the tavern had become the place where everyone came for a bite to eat as well and now they both made a nice little profit.

That also meant that it was where everyone started fighting over the events of last night as well though. It started innocently enough, with guesses and assumptions. There was even a little friendly banter between people who disagreed. All that changed when Eoladdin showed up. If Satrams hadn’t had his Coppercloud up, he would have assumed that the crazy lunatic was Rioting people! Suddenly the arguments started to turn ugly and there were threats and daggers were there used to be chuckles. Satrams just sat silently behind his bar, silently hoping that this tension would break before it erupted into chaos…. or at least that everyone would leave the tavern before then!

Eventually, what he feared would happen, happened; they asked him his opinion. Such a precarious place to be in, especially with as unruly as things had gotten.

“Uhhh, well, ahem! I suppose that Karnad does seem to be trying to win people over. Might just be because he’s new in town; might not. I guess we’ll have to see. Would you like another round?”

As the crowd went back to their arguing, Satrams heaved a sigh of relief. It wasn’t a perfect answer, but hopefully that would satisfy them and they’d leave him and his bar alone now.

….It didn’t. Before he knew it, they crowd seemed to trying to read so much into his answer, that he was surprised they didn’t accuse him of specifically stating that he had burned down the barracks last night too! He checked again. Yes, his copper was there, burning steadily. This wasn’t due to any emotional allomancers; this was just a frightened and confused group of people.

Just before the rising tempers reached their breaking point, Satrams made what he knew would be his final decision. If he couldn’t save himself, he could at least save his tavern from being pulled down around him!

He ran. The crowd surged after him as he bolted out of his tavern and into the street.

He didn’t make very far though. Captain Teys had been waiting outside, likely just waiting for the mob to break before re-establishing order.

Great, Satrams thought. Now I won’t be able to convince them and my bar wasn’t likely in danger anyways! Lord Ruler, help me for being a fool!

After the hanging, Captain Teys performed the check of Satrams himself, but he found no spikes.

“Alright lads,” he stated gruffly. “That’s enough for one day. Get some sleep. We still have a town to defend!”

Night 2 begins now and will last 24 hours! Everyone get your orders in! Please let me know if there's anything I missed!

Satrams turned out to be a Village Smoker!

Updated Player List

Votes

(3) Satrams- Eoladdin, Wilson, Wyra

(2) Herwynbe- Odustren, Riew

(2) Ashette- Maill, Ament

(2) Karnad- Karnad, Satrams

(1) Dom- Peng

(1) Odustren- Rent

(1) Damon- Aralis

(1) Lord Ostrich- Recco

(1) Larry- Claincy

(1) Eoladdin- Lord Ostrich

(12) No Votes- Baron Von Piffertiff, Joe, Dom, Melend, Cleo, Senn, Jain, Ashette, Newan, Herwynbe, Damon, Larry

Edited by Metacognition

Lord Ostrich put a vote on Eoldren. He's also not recorded as a no-vote. Meta, may I clarify that your standing list is correct? And does a Seeker's nullification turn the person's vote into being recorded as a no-vote, or will they simply vanish?

If so, it appears that some vote shenanigans has happened...and on Eoldren, no less :S I don't see where else the vote may have gone to, so it isn't Rioter action that we're worried about. Of course, that doesn't mean we didn't have some weird case like a Rioter and a Soother hitting the same person, or two-Rioter action, or...