Angel Zoe Finch, I like it.

It's so weird when people accidentally say my last name on these forums.

How exactly is she going to take out Timeport?

You're Joe Finch? Well, Zoe is only one letter different. New headcanon: AZ Finch is Joe's cousin who also lives in Portland. :P

Any of you have name ideas for Dustmaker? I think I might change it. The only ideas I have so far are Annihilator and Desolation.

How about "Excidium"? It's a Latin word for utter destruction, especially deliberate destruction perpetrated by an army or a conqueror.

While personally I love the name "Desolation" best, here are a few more random destruction-y names:

• Ravager
  • Baneful
  • Baleful
  • Duststorm
  • Dustlord
  • Ruin

Of course, you could always incorporate his search for an Epic name into his storyline, à la the Deathpoint thread. :P

I dreamed Koschei and a few other Oregon characters were mentioned in Calamity.

I'm really hoping this is a sign or something. :D

We can hope so. :D

Imagine if he did reference Oregon, but only by briefly mentioning an Epic with the ability to generate infinite Sausage McMuffins. :P

You're going next, Edge, right?

I´ll post something in a couple of hours, feel free to post something yourself until then, should you want to.

I dreamed Koschei and a few other Oregon characters were mentioned in Calamity.

I'm really hoping this is a sign or something. :D

And if we are unlike he only canonizes the bad ones like Koschei and Nighthound. Maybe by someone arguing against David about how "normal" Epics are not redemable in the slightest.

How about "Excidium"? It's a Latin word for utter destruction, especially deliberate destruction perpetrated by an army or a conqueror.

While personally I love the name "Desolation" best, here are a few more random destruction-y names:

• Ravager
  • Baneful
  • Baleful
  • Duststorm
  • Dustlord
  • Ruin

Of course, you could always incorporate his search for an Epic name into his storyline, à la the Deathpoint thread. :P

We can hope so. :D

Imagine if he did reference Oregon, but only by briefly mentioning an Epic with the ability to generate infinite Sausage McMuffins. :P

Tenesy D Raptor. :ph34r:

For some reason I just had to think about magazines for Epics talking about the new boy/girlfriend of powerful High Epics ect and then all the Reckoners start reading gossip press in hope of finding something about their weaknesses.

I´ll post something in a couple of hours, feel free to post something yourself until then, should you want to.

And if we are unlike he only canonizes the bad ones like Koschei and Nighthound. Maybe by someone arguing against David about how "normal" Epics are not redemable in the slightest.

Tenesy D Raptor. :ph34r:

For some reason I just had to think about magazines for Epics talking about the new boy/girlfriend of powerful High Epics ect and then all the Reckoners start reading gossip press in hope of finding something about their weaknesses.

"Well, what about Voidgaze? Sweetest Epic who ever lived. Used to make waffles for people--un-poisoned waffles, by the way."

"She's an urban legend."

"What about the waffles?"

"So are the waffles. Waffles have always been an urban legend."

"Oh yeah? What about this old restaurant called Waffle House? How do you explain THAT?"

"Well, what about Voidgaze? Sweetest Epic who ever lived. Used to make waffles for people--un-poisoned waffles, by the way."

"She's an urban legend."

"What about the waffles?"

"So are the waffles. Waffles have always been an urban legend."

"Oh yeah? What about this old restaurant called Waffle House? How do you explain THAT?"

"Oh please. Next you'll be arguing for the existence of Doctor Funtimes."

"Actually, there's a substantial body of evidence--"

"There was no such thing as Doctor Funtimes!"

(True story: when I was a little boy, my father used to tell me that there was only one Waffle House in the whole world, and that it moved around from location to location appearing only to those who truly wanted waffles. I believed him at the time, which is why I'm so skeptical about everything he says today. :P)

"Oh please. Next you'll be arguing for the existence of Doctor Funtimes."

"Actually, there's a substantial body of evidence--"

"There was no such thing as Doctor Funtimes!"

(True story: when I was a little boy, my father used to tell me that there was only one Waffle House in the whole world, and that it moved around from location to location appearing only to those who truly wanted waffles. I believed him at the time, which is why I'm so skeptical about everything he says today. :P)

"What else are you so pesimistic about? Next, you´re going to claim that the Uniyciclist isn´t real either!"

"Do you really belive in a man playing a flaming bagpipe, while riding a unicycle and wearing both a kilt and a Darth Vader mask?"

"I´m telling you, I have seen him! He took his girlfriend out to a double date with Voidgaze and big Al."

"Have you been close to Thoughttown, by any chance?"

"Yes, that´s exactly where I saw them!"

"You do know that place is ruled by an Illusionist, right?"

You guys know the best thing Firefight did for us?

The whole parallel Universe thing means that even if Brandon should give a canon re-telling of the events in Oregon, we can still be totally cannon in a parallel Universe.

Edited by Edgedancer

"What else are you so pesimistic about? Next, you´re going to claim that the Uniyciclist isn´t real either!"

"Do you really belive in a man playing a flaming bagpipe, while riding a unicycle and wearing both a kilt and a Darth Vader mask?"

"I´m telling you, I have seen him! He took his girlfriend out to a double date with Voidgaze and big Al."

You guys know the best think Firefight did for us?

The whole parallel Universe thing means that even if Brandon should give a canon re-telling of the events in Oregon, we can still be totally cannon in a parallel Universe.

A parallel universe accessible by a canon character. She just became my favorite. :P

You guys know the best think Firefight did for us?

My first thought upon reading that was that Milton Towren was actually knocked unconscious in the scene with the school bullies, and the entire RP has been his comatose dream. CorpseMaker represents the bullies who tormented him, Lightwards represents his cruel and apathetic teachers, while Funtimes represents his inner child. The various Thoughttown Epics represent what different parts of Milton aspire to be.

Flashpoint, simple but kind and well-loved, is what Milton's more emotional side wishes for himself. Sightline, the mysterious badchull with a tragic past capable of taking on any bully, is what Milton fantasizes himself being. Intervention represents a darker part of himself that might turn to delinquency to avoid his troubles, either by participating in gang violence or by engaging in underage drinking. Scorch represents the part of Milton that wishes to be loved and accepted by his bullies--a part of him that died when they knocked him out.

You know, I've probably been reading too many WMG pages. :P

My first thought upon reading that was that Milton Towren was actually knocked unconscious in the scene with the school bullies, and the entire RP has been his comatose dream. CorpseMaker represents the bullies who tormented him, Lightwards represents his cruel and apathetic teachers, while Funtimes represents his inner child. The various Thoughttown Epics represent what different parts of Milton aspire to be.

Flashpoint, simple but kind and well-loved, is what Milton's more emotional side wishes for himself. Sightline, the mysterious badchull with a tragic past capable of taking on any bully, is what Milton fantasizes himself being. Intervention represents a darker part of himself that might turn to delinquency to avoid his troubles, either by participating in gang violence or by engaging in underage drinking. Scorch represents the part of Milton that wishes to be loved and accepted by his bullies--a part of him that died when they knocked him out.

Sam, in that same vein, is the cute goth girl he admired from afar but never spoke to for fear of rejection. Revolution is his sister, a girl at the bottom of the social totem pole but strangely content and even somewhat cool in her position. Nighthound is his Id, the darkest, least restrained part of his personality that he both fears and views as useful in his current plight.

Sam, in that same vein, is the cute goth girl he admired from afar but never spoke to for fear of rejection. Revolution is his sister, a girl at the bottom of the social totem pole but strangely content and even somewhat cool in her position. Nighthound is his Id, the darkest, least restrained part of his personality that he both fears and views as useful in his current plight.

What´s timeport then? His fear of having to hand in assignments at their due dates? :P

What´s timeport then? His fear of having to hand in assignments at their due dates? :P

Interesting question. You see, one of his teachers was a student teacher that year. Far from being the bright-eyed idealistic sort most associate with a molder of young minds fresh out of university, this student teacher had a fondness for mind games and a somewhat twisted sense of humor. He liked to change the deadline for an assignment at the last minute, joking that if his students didn't have the assignment on his desk by the due date, he'd "break out the battleaxe." Milton knew he was joking, but the twisted, gleeful grin this teacher wore when he joked like that made Milton wonder if he might indeed show up with a battleaxe one day.

Fortunately, this student teacher was given a failing grade for his practicum when a little girl named Angel Zoe Finch showed up in her next class crying. This teacher took her tale to the principal, who reported the teacher and had him banished from the premises. Angel later reported this student teacher for stalking her with a battleaxe that turned out to be fake.

Rumors flew that Mr. Springfield, the US History teacher she cried to, offered to teach little Angel to shoot. True of not, she did to on to become quite the shot with a rifle.

• Ravager
  • Baneful
  • Baleful
  • Duststorm
  • Dustlord
  • Ruin

Hmm, I think I'll go with Desolation.

Ooh, I like that idea. I'm going to use that.

Wow. Best fan theory I've heard so far. :)

I think that would be great. MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Something was wrong. A light started shining in Altermind's eyes.

"What's that?" He demanded. The other Epics looked at him. They froze. Then the image melted away. The light remained. Altermind...no, that wasn't his name, was it? Was it?

"Is he awake?" A doctor asked. "It looks like he's waking up." What had happened? Altermind was an Epic. When had he been knocked unconscious. Something was wrong. He couldn't feel his powers.

"Are you okay?" What a stupid question. Of course he wasn't. Where was the flying house? Where was the Epics? Was Altermind even his name anymore? What was wrong? It must have been some other illusion Epic. Or maybe an Epic who could switch people? Weird. Altermind sat up. He felt a little dizzy. He tried to cast an illusion, but that still wasn't working. What was wrong with him?

"Milton?" Wait, why were these vanillas calling him by his old name.

"I am Altermind." He said.

"Um, no you aren't." Altermind glared at the vanilla who said this. He tried to give him an illusion of pain. The vanilla kept smugly smiling. Was he somehow teleported into the past? Impossible. Some Epic who could steal abilities and was using his own powers against him.

"What year is it?"

"2023, duh."

"Also wrong." Wrong? Maybe Altermind had passed out for a while as well? Maybe it was into January."

"2024?"

"Wrong direction." What? So maybe his theory about being teleported into the past had some merit to it?

(I'm not sure how to write Altermind, don't sue me if this isn't what he would sound like)

Interesting question. You see, one of his teachers was a student teacher that year. Far from being the bright-eyed idealistic sort most associate with a molder of young minds fresh out of university, this student teacher had a fondness for mind games and a somewhat twisted sense of humor. He liked to change the deadline for an assignment at the last minute, joking that if his students didn't have the assignment on his desk by the due date, he'd "break out the battleaxe." Milton knew he was joking, but the twisted, gleeful grin this teacher wore when he joked like that made Milton wonder if he might indeed show up with a battleaxe one day.

Fortunately, this student teacher was given a failing grade for his practicum when a little girl named Angel Zoe Finch showed up in her next class crying. This teacher took her tale to the principal, who reported the teacher and had him banished from the premises. Angel later reported this student teacher for stalking her with a battleaxe that turned out to be fake.

Rumors flew that Mr. Springfield, the US History teacher she cried to, offered to teach little Angel to shoot. True of not, she did to on to become quite the shot with a rifle.

We can't forget Mr. Nathsha's TA, a student in the grade above Milton's that was known only as Quota. Milton once went to him for help on a problem, but he left feeling shaken and that he couldn't even start the problem. He was turned in to the principal, however, by the freshman who was known for her childlike vocabulary and her obsession with glitter.

We can't forget Mr. Nathsha's TA, a student in the grade above Milton's that was known only as Quota. Milton once went to him for help on a problem, but he left feeling shaken and that he couldn't even start the problem. He was turned in to the principal, however, by the freshman who was known for her childlike vocabulary and her obsession with glitter.

I should probably come up with a name for Quota, shouldn't I? :mellow: