How ironic that Ace would give us the last piece in this puzzle to verify another of his comrades. :P

Eoldren. I thought I had something with you early on when I voted for you, but wasn't sure what. Jasnah

Mek, good work on that watching. One word of advice, in the future with things like this, it is better to wait at least until halfway through the cycle before revealing something like that so that we can see how people accuse each other and discuss before they have such a clear cut choice. Because now, any spy that votes will most likely vote for Eoldren, so that they aren't suspected as much. I'm not complaining about it though, I'm very happy to get two spies down in one cycle.

Aonar, Kas did claim to have Jains spanreed in a RP post.

Don't know if he was just playing with us as he was about to be lynched then or telling the truth but he did claim to have it.

Why did you think I told Macen to tell his BFF that I said hello? :P

I've been having a rather uninspired conversation with my new BFF, courtesy of Jain. We haven't really gotten past the awkward hello stage to braiding each other's hair, but we've got special nicknames for each other! That's got to be something, right? :P

Trolling aside: yes, I do. Give me some time, will you? I'm trying to work out something before I post on that.

Please forgive me for what is a rather long post, but I implore you to stick with me. I will attempt to make it somewhat interesting reading, and for the most part I hope you will find it informative.

Please allow me to justify some of my decision making in regards to my protection of Kaddar and the events following, as there has been a fair bit of discussion at how odd some of the actions appeared.

1.       Defence of Kaddar: Kas has become a well-spoken and trusted player in this particular game. Something that I find handy to keep around. He was also very suggestive in the lead up to the skirmish that the good guardsman should double the protection on Luckat, our only definite good guy with a powerful weapon. Understanding the logic of that, I of course, chose not to. That left me with three options according to our little protection list, Macen Wilson and Kaddar. I certainly want going to protect Macen after placing a vote on him early that I didn’t plan on withdrawing, so I was left with a 50/50. Wilson was the obvious choice there, being the officer and as a result, more helpful, but I went with my gut and guessed right.

I am the non-spy guardsman, a role I am (almost) certain that Luckat will not claim, simply because it is not his.

2.       Decision to not step forward as the good guardsman: This I suggest will be the hardest part of my explanation that you will find the hardest to swallow, seeing as there were a number of big names whom I trusted, calling for me to claim my action. I can really only put it down to selfishness and perhaps a little strategy. With a battle coming up, a role blocked surgeon, and hints to a somewhat organised spy team, there will most likely be 2 or 3 successful assassinations at the end of this cycle. Targets for these assassinations include Norlav, Tal, Wilson, Kaddar and Jost. I am under the impression that at least Tal, Wilson and Jost have the capability to skip the coming battle, making them poor targets for the spy teams. (In hindsight there is an argument where role over votes may come into play, but with the possibility of another battle sitting at a lowly 20%, that really doesn’t make much sense. Better to eliminate as many people as possible now.) If I were to come forward as the good guardsman, I would quickly fill the third slot alongside Norlav and Kaddar and be eliminated this cycle. Something that appears to be an inevitability now.

If I held my silence, as I chose to do however, the spies could either select Norlav or Kaddar twice, or have a blind stab at random dark eyes, possibly hitting one of their own, or possibly (this is the selfish part), hitting someone other than me.

3.       Remaining silent after being called out by Mek: Now we get to the fun part :P (Renegade, this is a little ode to you and your call for blood). I decided to stay silent and wait for a while, figuring that if I remained silent for long enough, whilst still noticeably on the page, my level of alleged guilt would rise in the minds of loyal warriors.  Hopefully enough that one, who did not share the same loyalties, would feel comfortable enough to perhaps attempt to have my head in the form of a bandwagon.

Enter Mailli. How convenient that you have had suspicions of me all game, from the very outset!!, and neglected to speak of them for the entire time except of course your ‘poke’ vote on the first day. In fact you neglect to speak of me at all until the possibility arises that I may be lynched. The only players you really expressed suspicion of were Wilson and Odysa, a topic of popular discussion where you could remain relevant without giving much away. Then there was Meta and Reihmer, your suspicion of Meta in fact was in very similar circumstances as your suspicion of me currently, and we all know how that turned out. Reihmer was a throwaway poke as far as I’m concerned, and I won’t go into it here.

Now let’s go back a bit. This may be the pettiest of my arguments, but not withdrawing your poke vote on the first cycle seemed off, even if others had done the same. I later asked for a clarification, being new to the game. In my mind I was giving you an out, needing only to say, “I was busy” and that would have been the end of it, but no such clarification came.

There was of course the scandal with the light eyes vote, a topic which has already be discussed in much deal, so I will only bring it up to freshen peoples memory. This of course being, where you accept the light eyes vote in return for appearing innocent.

Then there was your last minute vote on Meta which I find suspicious, although could plausibly be explained by technical issues. Although you also mentioned in that post that you would explain your hints come Monday, although no explanation came other than that you had had suspicions of Meta, followed by some rather obvious suggestions.

One such suggestion was the role blocking of Odysa, stating in no uncertain terms that you thought this would save lives. If you thought her a threat why not lynch her? My explanation would be that you were hoping Wilson would agree with you, taking out of play one of our more powerful roles.

I now turn to your most recent post. You speak as though my guilt is certain without giving me a chance to defend myself. Rather heavy handed. As it has been stated by a couple of people recently, I have had a tendency to play rather passively, and so it pains me a little to be made to do this. But an eye for an eye my friend. If you are so brazen as to accuse people of absolute guilt, I would be cautious of the responses you may get.

This was fun! I'll certainly be playing again!

Marand

Putting down his pen as he inked the last series of glyphs, Kaddar blew on the paper softly to dry it. Then he folded up the letter in a series of crisp movements and heated wax for the seal. "There you are," he said.

Navar said, "You're a storming Brightlord."

"Actually," Kaddar said, "I'm the King's Wit. Gavilar's, to be precise. He's an old friend of mine."

"You--" Navar wrung his hands. "You can write."

"Are we going to be discussing my blasphemies all day?" Kaddar asked, lightly. He sealed the letter, set it aside with the others. "In case you haven't realised, Navar, I have a lot to do, and very little time in which to do it all."

Navar glanced at the growing pile of letters. "And those?"

"Did you know," Kaddar said, "That I would consider writing to be one of the most cleverest, most brilliant inventions we've ever had? Think about it: a series of glyphs on a page allows the words of dead men to reach the living." For a moment, Navar saw, his hand went to the crisp bandage he wore. "Amazing," Kaddar breathed, quietly. "When you read, it's as though the dead are speaking to you, living through their words."

Navar swallowed, uncomfortably. Storming Lighteyes and their notions, he thought. Hard enough to discover that the darkeyed spearman in his squad who always missed drills was a storming, chull-for-brains Brightlord. "Look," he said, "If you've quite finished discussing women's work..."

"I meant it," Kaddar said. His chickens were nowhere to be seen; Navar wondered what he'd done with those storming things, and then dismissed the idea. He'd never liked Nirn and Hulin much, anyway. Kaddar passed a hand over his single eye, a curiously weary gesture. "Enough. Tell me what you want, Navar, and then leave me. I have much that needs to be done."

"Brightlord Liril sends his compliments and informs you that they've scanned the area for signs of where that assassin might have come from. He's got a list of possibilities he'd like you to hear of, at your leisure."

Kaddar laughed, shortly. "Well, then. Tell him I'll come along. Whenever I have the time."

As Navar turned to leave, he heard Kaddar say, "One last riddle, for old times' sake. Name that which no man can avoid, of which no ardent knows, that guides the loosed arrow, the drawn sword."

Navar said, "What?"

"Fate," Kaddar said, quietly. "Or the will of the Almighty, if you prefer." He turned back to his work, a lone figure scribbling glyphs on a sheet of paper.

Unless the other guardsman comes forward, I'm inclined to believe Eolhondras here.  I was wishing he would be an eliminator, but it makes just as much sense for him to be the guardsman, unless there's something I'm missing.  I always use phrases like "I think" or "I doubt" or "unless I'm wrong" so everybody knows I'm not manipulating them.  It's necessary, but it also makes me feel like a cop-out.  

Ren.

First, some tentative suggestions. Thank you for your inputs, Eoldren and Mek. In particular, Mek: you mentioned that Eoldren targeted me last cycle. My question is, what did you see over the past three cycles? I know no one could use their ability during Cycle Three, but I'm rather curious as to who you targeted and what you saw during Cycle One and Two. Even if you saw nothing, who did nothing to whom is still a relevant piece of data to help us figure who might be lying and to pick up Eliminators, and I hope you'll share that with us.

Eoldren: I'm a little paranoid, so you have my reserved thanks, and I'll confirm that again if no other dissenter pops up to claim that they were the Guardsman who actually did it.

Second: suggestions for strategy.

1. It has come to my attention that there is a possibility that we still have one or two surviving loyal Guardsmen who haven't been injured. If this is the case, I would advise you to protect Alv or Mek. Alv will likely not be able to protect anyone during this Battle, but having him still alive would make him a valuable asset in future cycles to come. (Sorry to speak of you as though you were an object, Alv...) In addition, as a Watchman, Mek's ability will be rather useful (assuming, of course, that he's on our side. No offense, Mek, but I just like to consider the possibilities.) Still, take 2. into consideration.

2. Alv, I would advise you to not protect Wilson or Luckat. Preferably, you should protect Mek. Naturally, it's up to your own discretion, but I would suggest you not waste your time on Lighteyes who are still capable of skipping a Battle.

3. Mek. Where possible, I would advise you to watch myself, Luckat, or Wilson. If I may be so bold as to offer you recommendations, I would advise you to consider three things:

A. Try not to watch anyone likely to receive protection, or likely to be hit by Macen's role-block. Your ability may be slightly useful in allowing us to discover who is actually a Guardsman, but we know where the Eliminator kills are likely to go this Week and it may give us a chance to catch them in action. This is where you come in.

B. Try to watch someone who is going to be a likely target. If you pick someone the Eliminators are likely to try to kill, and who is a defenseless, tempting target (see: myself; but of course now that I've said that, they mightn't strike in the manner we expect them to), then we could learn something vastly useful out of it.

C. I've given you a list of candidates that off the top of my head, are good people to watch. You have to make the choice yourself and I strongly advise you to tell no-one until the next cycle, or at least, until a few moments before the cycle ends. The Spies are going to try and frustrate you by having Macen make the kill on the target you watch so that you won't learn anything new. If you don't say anything, and if we indicate multiple targets for you and leave the final choice to you, then they get to have the joy of deciding who you're going to watch so as not to further expose themselves. Fun, isn't it?

Third, I would like to ask Torwel a very specific question. I intend only to receive a 'Yes' or a 'No' answer to this question. Please do not tell me who; I merely want to confirm information that has come through to me. Torwel: did you, or did you not get contacted by a messenger during Week Two?

Edit: As an afterthought--guys, are we really sure that it was a spy Guardsman who saved Macen? Because I'm wondering if someone who entered their orders early--around the stage where Macen fakeclaimed Surgeon--but wasn't around to see the dramatic shift during the final hours to Macen's guilt--could've been responsible. That we don't have another of the involved Guardsmen coming forward kind of seems to suggest guilt, but I'm raising the possibility nonetheless.

Edited by Kasimir

Third, I would like to ask Torwel a very specific question. I intend only to receive a 'Yes' or a 'No' answer to this question. Please do not tell me who; I merely want to confirm information that has come through to me. Torwel: did you, or did you not get contacted by a messenger during Week Two?

Yes.

Edit: As an afterthought--guys, are we really sure that it was a spy Guardsman who saved Macen? Because I'm wondering if someone who entered their orders early--around the stage where Macen fakeclaimed Surgeon--but wasn't around to see the dramatic shift during the final hours to Macen's guilt--could've been responsible. That we don't have another of the involved Guardsmen coming forward kind of seems to suggest guilt, but I'm raising the possibility nonetheless.

If this scenario is true and they didn't change orders because they didn't see the swing, there's a decent chance they haven't caught up with the game yet. (I'm thinking Karlin, Jasnah, Araris...)

Luckat is your guardsman. As I pointed out - Kas was very lucky he didn't die - who would have chose to save the Uncertain Possible Wit instead of the Shardblade wielding 100% confirmed good guy? The only probably option (there are plenty of options, but most of them don't make sense) is that Luckat is the guardsman.

I'm wondering why Macen would point this out. If he's a spy, doomed to die via shardblade, then he'd put a valid and potentially useful deduction in his doc, not in the thread. Did he know it was a false deduction, and was trying to cast suspicion on other guardsmen? It seems like Luckat would be too easily able to thwart him if it were false...

I'm going to reserve judgement on Eoldren until we hear from Luckat.

Would whoever saved Kaddar (if not Eoldren) please come forward? It gives us a lot of extra info, right?

Echoing this call at this point. In addition, I'd like to ask again: Mek, who did you check on Cycles One and Two, and did you get a null result from them? As I mentioned, even knowing that you've received a null result has the potential to be immensely helpful, if we know who you targeted.

Edit: Added emphases. Also, still silence. Sometimes, I really hate my timezone :P

Anyway. A further thought: we've not seen any squadleader action yet, that I'm aware of (I'm not willing to bet on this though, and I'm going to go back and check through the cycles again eventually.) In addition, I suspect that one Eliminator team will have at least (and probably at most) one Scout. If we were going to be handed two Shardblades, then I kind of figure that a Scout would be handy to have. But now, here's the thing: even if a Spy were a Scout, I suspect that Scout and Spy abilities are mutually exclusive. (I've sent a clarification on the matter to Wyrm, who hasn't yet gotten back to me.) So we can't really rule out people who appear to have successfully placed votes with no worries at all (could be Spies holding that in reserve or going for the kill.)

Really, I'm mentioning this mostly because I think we need to be somewhat cautious in future cycles, particularly on ones that are even-numbered. (We're fine for this one, for instance.) A Scout could still jaunt off to avoid Luckat's Shardblade (and that of one lucky winner to come...) but will fall to a lynch. So that's one thing to keep in mind going forward for us.

I still want to hear more from Karlin and Jasnah, though I kind of feel as though I'm just sitting in the desert, waiting for rain, at this point. I'm not entirely sure what to make of Araris either. If he's a Spy, he's probably doing it all wrong when it came to Jain. At the same time, it's not as if it looked like/he knew that Jain was going to get hopped on, so I don't really know what to think. What I do know is that an uncomfortable number of people are making Posts Lite and then hopping off, and that makes our job somewhat harder. Again, I come back to Ren--I can't find anything particularly strange, but a lot of your posts seem generally perfunctory. You'd make a good point about having to talk more and be more bloodthirsty or a few lines about people slipping under the radar and then head off and never follow up on it. Maybe you're genuinely busy, and that I can definitely understand, but at the same time, your later posts sometimes seem as though they're more invested in keeping up the appearance of contributing than actually doing much. You've noted it, too, so Kaddar'll keep his eye on you, but I just thought I'd mention it anyway.

Edited by Kasimir

I'll start out by saying that Ace was wrong about me saving Kaddar. I'm inclined to believe that it was Eoldren at this point. (Also, is it possible that the attack on Kaddar came from a sabotage attempt that carried over from when he skipped battle? Would a watchman see the person who sabotaged when the kill happened, in that case, or when the sabotage order was first placed?)

I'm wondering why Macen would point this out. If he's a spy, doomed to die via shardblade, then he'd put a valid and potentially useful deduction in his doc, not in the thread. Did he know it was a false deduction, and was trying to cast suspicion on other guardsmen? It seems like Luckat would be too easily able to thwart him if it were false...

It's possible that he wanted to make his deduction known to all of the spies for in case they would pretend to be the guard if no one stepped up. All of the docs don't necessarily have communication with each other, after all.

Edit: Also, I have given each of the messengers who have contacted me code words to give the the players the had previously contacted. In order to see that they received the code words, I would like the contacts to each either include the word in their next post or begin their next post with the first letter if the code word, whichever is easier. :)

Edited by luckat

I'll start out by saying that Ace was wrong about me saving Kaddar. I'm inclined to believe that it was Eoldren at this point. (Also, is it possible that the attack on Kaddar came from a sabotage attempt that carried over from when he skipped battle? Would a watchman see the person who sabotaged when the kill happened, in that case, or when the sabotage order was first placed?)

Edit: Also, I have given each of the messengers who have contacted me code words to give the the players the had previously contacted. In order to see that they received the code words, I would like the contacts to each either include the word in their next post or begin their next post with the first letter if the code word, whichever is easier. :)

...Wow, I sure feel liked... :ph34r:

Code words? A little paranoid, don't you think? Then again, as a member of House Urbain, I'm hardly one to talk :P

Still, do you have a plan to keep us from accidentally lynching one of the Messengers, or, how are we playing this? And in case I forget to mention it and cause lots of confusion: my Lighteyes vote for last cycle went onto Karlin. I'm likely to keep it there, unless we're changing our plan for how to handle the votes.

Code words? A little paranoid, don't you think? Then again, as a member of House Urbain, I'm hardly one to talk :P

I want to make sure the messengers are in contact with who they say they are. Also, I suggest that everyone who receives a code word does something similar (if they haven't already) to establish that the messenger actually has contact with me, and anyone who is in contact with a messenger and does not receive a code word should come forward.

Still, do you have a plan to keep us from accidentally lynching one of the Messengers, or, how are we playing this? And in case I forget to mention it and cause lots of confusion: my Lighteyes vote for last cycle went onto Karlin. I'm likely to keep it there, unless we're changing our plan for how to handle the votes.

Without revealing who the messengers are, there's only do much that is possible. However, I'll keep my eye on the votes, especially close to the end if the cycle, and do my best to keep them from being lynched needlessly. Their contacts should also try to pick other suspects over them for the lynch unless they really think the messenger is a spy.

Edited by luckat

1. It has come to my attention that there is a possibility that we still have one or two surviving loyal Guardsmen who haven't been injured. 

I think you're right. But I think there's just one left. I just did a rough analysis of all the roles and I've got this:

3 Spearmen (Torwel, Newan, and Odysa have all either claimed this role or implied it)

2 Watchmen (Meta and Mek)

3 Messengers (Ash, [redacted], and ?)

2 Scouts (? and ?)

3 Guardsman (Eoldren, ?, and ?)

1 Squad Leader (?)

2 Swordsmen (Jain and Jost)

2 Officers (Kenara and Macen)

1 Surgeon (Norlav)

1 Wit (Kaddar)

Likely Spy Breakdown:

Team Vamah

1. Lighteyed Swordsman

2. Darkeyed Messenger (or the Guardsman) 

Team Aladar

1. Lighteyed Officer

2. Darkeyed Spearman (or Scout)

Team Roion

1. Darkeyed Guardsman (or the Messenger)

2. Darkeyed Scout (or Spearman)

(Obviously, the Aladar and Roion team can be switched around, as that's just a guess, but I'm kind of thinking Macen was the Aladar Spy who got hit on Cycle 2, so...yeah)

3 Messengers is a guess, based on Luckat's comment of "each messenger," which implies that multiple messengers have contacted her. I doubt there are more than 2 that contacted her, since that would mean there would be 4 (or more) messengers in the game. Which is a rather high number, all things considered. Although, I guess with PM's being as limited as they are, it is possible. If there are 4 Messengers, we likely only have either 1 scout or 2 Guardsmen. Maybe 2 Spearmen. Also, we might have two, but we probably only have 1 left. I'm inclined to think that [redacted] is a Spy. If I've read things right, Kas knows who I'm talking about. Twei might as well, but I'm less sure about that. I know Kas at least will.

2 Scouts is also a guess. I think Kas is right in thinking they're split between teams. Until I did the breakdown, I was uncertain, but looking at the numbers, I think there's a very good chance that they're split. However, if there is only 1 Scout, that scout is on our team. And the spies have 2 Messengers (so replace the scout on the breakdown with another messenger).

And lastly, 3 Guardsmen is a guess. There could be only 2. But I think there are 3. Two Team Good Guardsman (Eoldren is one of those), and 1 Team Evil (who is now useless to his team, outside of sabotaging).

(Also, is it possible that the attack on Kaddar came from a sabotage attempt that carried over from when he skipped battle? Would a watchman see the person who sabotaged when the kill happened, in that case, or when the sabotage order was first placed?)

It's possible that he wanted to make his deduction known to all of the spies for in case they would pretend to be the guard if no one stepped up. All of the docs don't necessarily have communication with each other, after all.

Will that work? The Messengers are supposed to stop using the PMs from past cycles, so they won't be able to give those codewords to their former contacts. (I may have misunderstood the plan though)

It's possible the attack came from the skipped battle, yes. But Macen's post here indicates that at least one spy team tried to kill Kaddar in the Skirmish too. I think that the Watchman would only see a random choice of sabotage orders that went through that cycle or any other regular action. So if the sabotage was a carry-over from the battle and no spies tried to sabotage Kaddar in the skirmish, the only action Mek could've seen is the guardsman. If a sabotage order was put in, he could've seen that or the guardsman. (Assuming I'm reading this right. I'll admit, the thing with the orders still kind of confuses me).

Well, the docs can't be in communication with each other right now. Even if they have multiple messengers, those messengers are in contact with you right now. So by default, they can't be in contact with another spy. So he could've been communicating with other teams. As a known spy, he's really the only one who can at the current moment in time.

Edited by little wilson
color editor needs to die

Will that work? The Messengers are supposed to stop using the PMs from past cycles, so they won't be able to give those codewords to their former contacts. (I may have misunderstood the plan though)

It's possible the attack came from the skipped battle, yes. But Macen's post here indicates that at least one spy team tried to kill Kaddar in the Skirmish too. I think that the Watchman would only see a random choice of sabotage orders that went through that cycle or any other regular action. So if the sabotage was a carry-over from the battle and no spies tried to sabotage Kaddar in the skirmish, the only action Mek could've seen is the guardsman. If a sabotage order was put in, he could've seen that or the guardsman. (Assuming I'm reading this right. I'll admit, the thing with the orders still kind of confuses me).

Well, the docs can't be in communication with each other right now. Even if they have multiple messengers, those messengers are in contact with you right now. So by default, they can't be in contact with another spy. So he could've been communicating with other teams. As a known spy, he's really the only one who can at the current moment in time.

As the Keeper of King's Laws, I can assure you that Messengers are permitted to continue using PMs from previous cycles. As are their contacts :P

As the Keeper of King's Laws, I can assure you that Messengers are permitted to continue using PMs from previous cycles. As are their contacts :P

...Did he change that rule or was it always like that? I could've sworn I saw it at one point when it was that the Messenger needed to stop the previous PM in order to start a new one.

It was like that in the original incarnation of the rules, but now it is no longer so. They do not need to blow up previous conversations when moving to a new one.

More clarifications:

• Scouts cannot take any actions if they skip a Combat. This includes Spy Sabotaging.
  • Watchmen only see actions that happen to their target on the Cycle they watch. If a player was Sabotaged on a previous Cycle but for some reason it has not taken effect, then they will not see that.

...Did he change that rule or was it always like that? I could've sworn I saw it at one point when it was that the Messenger needed to stop the previous PM in order to start a new one.

He did change his mind about the interpretation of the rule, but he did that very early on. As you can see, I asked him before the game began. It's one of the very earliest clarifications on the (now outdated) list I'd been compiling. Some of the things have shifted for practical reasons. For one, while he suggests at some point that the Spy and whoever is on the other end of the spanreed communicate by doc, I can assure you that is not the case :P

He did change his mind about the interpretation of the rule, but he did that very early on. As you can see, I asked him before the game began. It's one of the very earliest clarifications on the (now outdated) list I'd been compiling. Some of the things have shifted for practical reasons. For one, while he suggests at some point that the Spy and whoever is on the other end of the spanreed communicate by doc, I can assure you that is not the case :P

Ah. Well. My role notes have been fixed in that regard. It's weird that I screwed them up, because I know that I made them while looking at the roles and stuff in the official post. But whatever. This is better anyway.

PM? With him relaying the messages back and forth? If so, I do not envy him that job one bit.

PM? With him relaying the messages back and forth? If so, I do not envy him that job one bit.

You don't say... Come to think of it, maybe he's not so cool with us finding and eliminating Spies any more... :P

Anyway. I'm really exhausted, so I'll just make a few quick comments about the things you've said so far, at least so it can be chewed over when I'm gone. I don't know how many Messengers there are, but with Luckat's plan of codewords, the good thing is that it basically guarantees that the Messengers have contacted who they say they have. That's Step One. Whether or not they're reliably carrying information or doing so selectively is a second issue. However, at the very least, I can assure you that [redacted] checks out on the first front. On the Luckat level. (Yes, you know my paranoia. I had to be sure.) And don't forget--the Battle takes place at the end of Week Two, right? And Week Three was the Highstorm. So if all the Messengers checked in with Luckat as they were supposed to, then this Week is actually the first chance they may get to contact a member of another team, using the Week Two information.

With regard to the issue of the Guardsmen, we can't be sure. But that's why I'm considering plans. You know what Meta said about cutting down Eliminator options? I've realised that while I can get behind that, I can get behind something else even better: sharing with them the joy of Zugzwang.

And don't forget--the Battle takes place at the end of Week Two, right? And Week Three was the Highstorm. So if all the Messengers checked in with Luckat as they were supposed to, then this Week is actually the first chance they may get to contact a member of another team, using the Week Two information.

With regard to the issue of the Guardsmen, we can't be sure. But that's why I'm considering plans. You know what Meta said about cutting down Eliminator options? I've realised that while I can get behind that, I can get behind something else even better: sharing with them the joy of Zugzwang.

They may have hit a spy by luck. I'm not sure how, as a spy, you'd figure out if the person you've contacted is a spy, but it helps that they've got more than one cycle to figure that out.

Ah, yes. Always a good strategy. :)

Echoing this call at this point. In addition, I'd like to ask again: Mek, who did you check on Cycles One and Two, and did you get a null result from them? As I mentioned, even knowing that you've received a null result has the potential to be immensely helpful, if we know who you targeted.

Hmm... well, this is... um... really awkward to say, but...

I actually misunderstood how my role worked for rounds 1 and 2.  :( 

When I read the initial post, my assumption was that a watchman didn't have any actions per se, he just sat around and the GM would inform him if someone performed an action against him.

So I didn't send in any names to Wyrm until he sent me a PM during round 3 asking if I misunderstood my role. (I did)

lol, such a waste... and I'm almost certainly getting assassinated this round too  :P  (I wish there was an emoticon for "I feel like a complete and utter noob").

Edit: Storms... and I just realized that my RP is off... Macen was the one who was saved from archers, not Kaddar. I should have written something about him almost getting stabbed in his tent or something. Storms, Storms, Storms! (Not that the actual information was wrong. It was Eoldren on Kaddar)

Edited by mckeedee123

Please forgive me for what is a rather long post, but I implore you to stick with me. I will attempt to make it somewhat interesting reading, and for the most part I hope you will find it informative.

Please allow me to justify some of my decision making in regards to my protection of Kaddar and the events following, as there has been a fair bit of discussion at how odd some of the actions appeared.

1.       Defence of Kaddar: Kas has become a well-spoken and trusted player in this particular game. Something that I find handy to keep around. He was also very suggestive in the lead up to the skirmish that the good guardsman should double the protection on Luckat, our only definite good guy with a powerful weapon. Understanding the logic of that, I of course, chose not to. That left me with three options according to our little protection list, Macen Wilson and Kaddar. I certainly want going to protect Macen after placing a vote on him early that I didn’t plan on withdrawing, so I was left with a 50/50. Wilson was the obvious choice there, being the officer and as a result, more helpful, but I went with my gut and guessed right.

I am the non-spy guardsman, a role I am (almost) certain that Luckat will not claim, simply because it is not his.

2.       Decision to not step forward as the good guardsman: This I suggest will be the hardest part of my explanation that you will find the hardest to swallow, seeing as there were a number of big names whom I trusted, calling for me to claim my action. I can really only put it down to selfishness and perhaps a little strategy. With a battle coming up, a role blocked surgeon, and hints to a somewhat organised spy team, there will most likely be 2 or 3 successful assassinations at the end of this cycle. Targets for these assassinations include Norlav, Tal, Wilson, Kaddar and Jost. I am under the impression that at least Tal, Wilson and Jost have the capability to skip the coming battle, making them poor targets for the spy teams. (In hindsight there is an argument where role over votes may come into play, but with the possibility of another battle sitting at a lowly 20%, that really doesn’t make much sense. Better to eliminate as many people as possible now.) If I were to come forward as the good guardsman, I would quickly fill the third slot alongside Norlav and Kaddar and be eliminated this cycle. Something that appears to be an inevitability now.

If I held my silence, as I chose to do however, the spies could either select Norlav or Kaddar twice, or have a blind stab at random dark eyes, possibly hitting one of their own, or possibly (this is the selfish part), hitting someone other than me.

3.       Remaining silent after being called out by Mek: Now we get to the fun part :P (Renegade, this is a little ode to you and your call for blood). I decided to stay silent and wait for a while, figuring that if I remained silent for long enough, whilst still noticeably on the page, my level of alleged guilt would rise in the minds of loyal warriors.  Hopefully enough that one, who did not share the same loyalties, would feel comfortable enough to perhaps attempt to have my head in the form of a bandwagon.

Enter Mailli. How convenient that you have had suspicions of me all game, from the very outset!!, and neglected to speak of them for the entire time except of course your ‘poke’ vote on the first day. In fact you neglect to speak of me at all until the possibility arises that I may be lynched. The only players you really expressed suspicion of were Wilson and Odysa, a topic of popular discussion where you could remain relevant without giving much away. Then there was Meta and Reihmer, your suspicion of Meta in fact was in very similar circumstances as your suspicion of me currently, and we all know how that turned out. Reihmer was a throwaway poke as far as I’m concerned, and I won’t go into it here.

Now let’s go back a bit. This may be the pettiest of my arguments, but not withdrawing your poke vote on the first cycle seemed off, even if others had done the same. I later asked for a clarification, being new to the game. In my mind I was giving you an out, needing only to say, “I was busy” and that would have been the end of it, but no such clarification came.

There was of course the scandal with the light eyes vote, a topic which has already be discussed in much deal, so I will only bring it up to freshen peoples memory. This of course being, where you accept the light eyes vote in return for appearing innocent.

Then there was your last minute vote on Meta which I find suspicious, although could plausibly be explained by technical issues. Although you also mentioned in that post that you would explain your hints come Monday, although no explanation came other than that you had had suspicions of Meta, followed by some rather obvious suggestions.

One such suggestion was the role blocking of Odysa, stating in no uncertain terms that you thought this would save lives. If you thought her a threat why not lynch her? My explanation would be that you were hoping Wilson would agree with you, taking out of play one of our more powerful roles.

I now turn to your most recent post. You speak as though my guilt is certain without giving me a chance to defend myself. Rather heavy handed. As it has been stated by a couple of people recently, I have had a tendency to play rather passively, and so it pains me a little to be made to do this. But an eye for an eye my friend. If you are so brazen as to accuse people of absolute guilt, I would be cautious of the responses you may get.

This was fun! I'll certainly be playing again!

Marand

I've been thinking about it, and I've decided that I agree with this. Mailliw's post looks like he was trying to start a bandwagon. So I'm goig to vote for him. Mailliw

My word, I work for a few extra hours and miss all the fun.

Luckat, your code for me is irrelevant as you and I are the only ones in contact with that messenger.  If they claimed to be talking to anyone else then they are lying, either to you or to me.

I agree that there is either three of four messengers but am wary of blindly killing one of them as they might be pulling a spanreed gambit from LG5.

Not going to bother sending in protection orders.

Odds are I will be mucking out the latrines again.  :(  Good news is that we will gain another Blade welder after the upcoming battle.  With Luckat and Wilson skipping the battle (maybe Joe as well)  We will end up with at least three lighteyes we can trust.

Not sure about Marand.  His jumping on the vote doesn't seem like his normal playstyle when evil so will hold off on voting for now until some of the quieter players have posted.