If I were a rich man...

1 hour ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

If I were a rich man, I would build a house like Brandon Sanderson's to live in.

I would build a house very different from Brandon's. I'm thinking one-story in Upper Peninsula Michigan, on at least 40 acres with some source of natural water (preferably a spring or small waterfall). No exterior windows on the house at all, but centered around an atrium open to the sky with all atrium facing walls all-glass.

Spoiler

The hallway would follow the exterior wall so that every room has an interior glass wall facing the atrium. Normal door in the front opening to the hallway and the Atrium, double doors in the rear, with a breezeway leading from the double doors to the atrium. Bench, fountain and small garden (herbs at least) growing in the Atrium with a greenhouse cap that can be installed for the winter and removed for the summer. 

House.png.0b4ce55c65a02a9c8df0798cf7495893.png

2 minutes ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:
Spoiler

Also I saw breezeway and immediately thought “Of course Breeze needs a dedicated room for him to walk, why wouldn’t he?

Breezeway - A hallway open (at least partially) to the elements (outside)

This would also let me give my current house to my sister and her family, who are forever on the edge fo bankruptcy and homelessness, and hlep out my brother and his family as well.

Spoiler

They were both disabled in the same car accident that disabled my mother, who has lived with me since her first spinal surgery in 2002. 

Edited by Treamayne
SPAG/Clarity

17 minutes ago, Treamayne said:

I would build a house very different from Brandon's. I'm thinking one-story in Upper Peninsula Michigan, on at least 40 acres with some source of natural water (preferably a spring or small waterfall). No exterior windows on the house at all, but centered around an atrium open to the sky with all atrium facing walls all-glass.

Reveal hidden contents

The hallway would follow the exterior wall so that every room has an interior glass wall facing the atrium. Normal door in the front opening to the hallway and the Atrium, double doors in the rear, with a breezeway leading from the double doors to the atrium. Bench, fountain and small garden (herbs at least) growing in the Atrium with a greenhouse cap that can be installed for the winter and removed for the summer. 

This would also let me give my current house to my sister and her family, who are forever on the edge fo bankruptcy and homelessness, and hlep out my brother and his family as well.

Reveal hidden contents

They were both disabled in the same car accident that disabled my mother, who has lived with me since her first spinal surgery in 2002. 

Dude, that really sucks :(

I hope life gets better for them!

Spoiler

Also I saw breezeway and immediately thought “Of course Breeze needs a dedicated room for him to walk, why wouldn’t he?

Spoiler

Ghost ping?? Oh, never mind lol.

(I know what a breezeway is, but I thank you for defining it! [now I know my school got it wrong])

IIWARM, I’d make a really good PC, get a nice house, a good car, and donate the rest (minus enough to get food) to charity

Edited by WhyEverNot_8

1 hour ago, Treamayne said:

Reveal hidden contents

Hide contents

Hope them the best, also that is a really cool house. 

IIWARM I would also build a two part house, with a zip line in between, in Hawaii.

IIWARM I would buy my way in the US Presidential Office so I could fix a bunch of stuff

then once I’m out of office I would go live a happy life on a beautiful estate, surrounded by my adoring children and my beautiful wife, finally able to enjoy the fruits of the pressure of the world

On 5/26/2024 at 8:38 PM, Treamayne said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

You are amazing for helping take care of your mother for so long. I know for you it probably seems like the obvious thing to do, but there are sadly so many people out there who wouldn't (or couldn't).

5 hours ago, Lego Mistborn said:

You are amazing for helping take care of your mother for so long. I know for you it probably seems like the obvious thing to do, but there are sadly so many people out there who wouldn't (or couldn't).

Well, I was still active duty Air Force at the time (stationed in Okinawa), so when she was laid off by Oldsmobile (because the brand was being closed down) it allowed her to get dependant status (and thereforre access to the Tricare militay medical insurance - but that was not an easy process). So, yeah, it just made sense. 

12 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

I would make a trust fund, and only use the interest out of that to do what I want, and let it build up so I can be even more rich,

I have just got to learn how to be patient

How much are we considering rich anyway? @ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

If you were a wealthy man...

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

If I had a million dollars, I'd buy you a fur coat (but not a real fur coat, that's cruel).

If I had a million dollars, I'd buy you a green dress (but not a real green dress, that's cruel).

On 5/26/2024 at 7:00 PM, Immortal Platypus said:

IIWARM...

Ya ba dibba dibba dibba dibba dibba dibba dum
All day long, I'd biddy biddy bum
If I were a wealthy man

YES it wasn't just me who immediately thought of this lol

9 minutes ago, LightRinger said:

If I had a million dollars, I'd buy you a green dress (but not a real green dress, that's cruel).

(That’s hands down my favorite line in the song)

If I had a million dollars, I’d buy you an exotic pet (like a lam-ma, or an emu).

Also:

Spoiler

If I were a rich man

Spoiler

With a million or two

I'd live in a penthouse
In a room with a view

And if I were handsome
No way
It could happen
Those dreams do come true
I wouldn't have nothing if I didn't have you
Wouldn't have nothing if I didn't have
Wouldn't have nothing if I didn't have
Wouldn't have nothing

Can I tell you something?
For years I have envied
You're green with it
Your grace and your charm
Everyone loves you, you know
Yes I know, I know, I know
But I must admit it
Big guy you always come through

You and me together, that's how it always should be
One without the other, don't mean nothing to me nothing to me
Nothing to me

Yeah I wouldn't be nothing, if I didn't have you to serve
I'm just a punky little eyeball, and a funky optic nerve
Hey I never told you this, sometimes I get a little blue
Looks good on you
But wouldn't have nothing if I didn't have you
Let's dance
Haha
Look ma, I'm dancin'!
Will you let me lead?
Look at that it's true, big guys are light on their feet
Don't you dare dip me, don't you dare dip me, don't you dare dip me
Ow, I should have stretched

Yes I wouldn't be nothing, if I didn't have you
I know what you mean Sully, because
I wouldn't know where to go
Me too, because I-
Wouldn't know what to do
Why do you keep singing my part?

I don't have to say it
Aww, say it anyway
'Cause we
Both know it's true
I wouldn't have nothing if I didn't have
Wouldn't have nothing if I didn't have you

One more time
It worked!
I don't have to say it
Where'd everybody come from?
'Cause we both know it's true
Let's take it home, big guy

You, you, you
A-E-I-O, that means you, yeah

Edited by LightRinger

On 6/8/2024 at 4:20 PM, Lunamor said:

(That’s hands down my favorite line in the song)

If I had a million dollars, I’d buy you an exotic pet (like a lam-ma, or an emu).

Hate to break it to you, but where I'm from llamas aren't that exotic. Exotic, yes, but not so exotic that we don't have them on the farm I work at.

If I were a wealthy soul, I would buy a whole bunch of land and build my dream house on it (basically, half castle, half log cabin, with lots of nooks and crannies and hidden passageways to make it fun for kids, as well as an enormous library), and then, while the house is under construction, I'd go visit Ireland for a while and start a tour of all the cathedrals in Europe from there.

If the wealth were great enough, I would even build a bunch of small cabins on my whole bunch of land and offer them to struggling souls to live in, rent-free (the only rule being that those folks still have to get a job and work for their living, because I don't believe in being a free rider. The reason for this is that, as far as I know, one of the biggest obstacles to homeless folk in my area is that you have to have an address to get a job, but if you don't have a place to live, you don't have an address, so you can't get a job. Which is really dumb because it means a lot of people are stuck on the streets whether they want to be or not, hence the extra cabins for folks to live in for free.).

• 2 weeks later...