Ooh...this is going to be just evil.

:lol:

You're right. He's not going to take it well at all. At all. This might be enough to drive him into Vondra's camp. Temporarily, at least. Before he goes full on sociopath again.

How do you think he and Remington will get along, once Paladin learns Remington was the one who killed Koschei? 

It's the best he can realistically maintain in the post-Calamity world. As it is, I fear that the human-dominated Dalles isn't quite in keeping with the setting.

It's not even close? Darn. Evidently I'm not Reader.

...Wait, I'm not Reader! Yay! :D:P

I would stay in the relam of posibility, it just has to stay low-power, although it may start to be pushing it, if we introduce more Epics there.

Cassandra Livri was born in a small town and lived a small life, but after Calmity came she accidentally triggered an Epic's weakness after the Epic killed her parents, and so Cassandra killed the Epic. Cassandra taught herself more about fighting, and headed towards Dallas, so she could find her uncle. Sadly, he was dead when she arrived. Now she's just trying to survive in Dallas. 

Dallas ot the Dalles? Anyway, welcome.

And Mail-Mi, just have Timeport come into the base and enter the room with Corpsemaker. He'll greet him once he and quota are finished.

Actually, what are we goin to do with the second Timeport? Also, random question but what is Corpsemaker´s real name? :ph34r:

He believed in Koschei's divinity. 

:blink:

That is freaky and terrifying and wrong and I love it. :D 

(And I'd been picturing Koschei's band of Epics as something like a cult, so that's perfect.)

good. I thought it would be interesting. I decided that as I wrote it, and it felt right, so.

Cassandra Livri was born in a small town and lived a small life, but after Calmity came she accidentally triggered an Epic's weakness after the Epic killed her parents, and so Cassandra killed the Epic. Cassandra taught herself more about fighting, and headed towards Dallas, so she could find her uncle. Sadly, he was dead when she arrived. Now she's just trying to survive in Dallas.

welcome! Only, it's The Dalles, not Dallas.

A deranged Epic cultist... Paladin is not going to like this.  :blink:

Edgerunner's a particularly powerful and useful Epic, but doesn't provide vast quantities of usable information and doesn't have a prime invincibility. She'd be severely reprimanded for using her powers outside of operations, but there will be a significant amount of effort in the city towards keeping her comfortable. I imagine that most soldiers and other vanillas would also be inclined to obey her instructions, provided she doesn't contradict standing orders.

Okay. I'll keep that in mind.

This is my last time on before I leave on vacation for a week. So I'll try to post when I can and if I can't, I'll email Twi to post for me. I will have email access.

CorpseMaker's real name is Jeffrey. Duh.

The First Timeport will cease to exsist once he travels back in time, making the Second Timeport the only Timeport.

CorpseMaker's real name is actually Cormic Waller. not Jeffrey.

So he´ll time loop imediately? We would also have to switch perspectives to the "older" Timeport to keep the time loop stable.

Okay, still better than Jeffrey I guess. :P

Edit:

"I'm Timeport. And I used to work with the Reckoners."

Best "please kill me introduction" ever! :P

Edited by Edgedancer

So he´ll time loop imediately? We would also have to switch perspectives to the "older" Timeport to keep the time loop stable.

Okay, still better than Jeffrey I guess. :P

Edit:

Best "please kill me introduction" ever! :P

Joe has it right. I'll just do a longer post where I go from the other Timeport's perspective when he meets himself, then have him appear back in the armory.

What are you talking about that's not all he says:

"I'm Timeport. And I used to work with the Reckoners. I know everything about them, and everything they know." 

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  ;)

Edited by mail-mi

"I'm Timeport. And I used to work with the Reckoners. I know everything about them, and everything they know." 

The battle cry of a character who had spent an inordinate amount of time searching for the nearest Moral Event Horizon and is now sliding through it with glee. :o:P 

This is going to make things even more awesome than they already were. :D 

I know everything about them, and everything they know

Well that´s an "please don´t kill me afterall"-edit. :P

It's actually going to make CorpseMaker irritated at Streetwise more than anything. There's a Cell of Reckoners in Portland, and he wan't told of it?

Just outside of Portland I would imagine.

It's actually going to make CorpseMaker irritated at Streetwise more than anything. There's a Cell of Reckoners in Portland, and he wan't told of it?

"Tell me, Streetwise, or I'll ask your corpse. Why. Did I not know. About the Reckoners cell?" 

Streetwise swallowed. "I…I didn't know…didn't know how close they were…." 

"The truth, Streetwise. Give me the truth, and give it to me now." 

Streetwise had envisioned this moment for a long while. He had imagined himself leaping heroically onto a table and shouting the truth to the heavens. He had pictured himself tearing out of the armory before CorpseMaker could do what he was known for. But now that the moment was here, Streetwise found himself speaking in a whisper. 

"Rachel." CorpseMaker glared, urging him to continue. "Rachel. She's…I….I love her."

"Tell me, Streetwise, or I'll ask your corpse. Why. Did I not know. About the Reckoners cell?" 

Streetwise swallowed. "I…I didn't know…didn't know how close they were…." 

"The truth, Streetwise. Give me the truth, and give it to me now." 

Streetwise had envisioned this moment for a long while. He had imagined himself leaping heroically onto a table and shouting the truth to the heavens. He had pictured himself tearing out of the armory before CorpseMaker could do what he was known for. But now that the moment was here, Streetwise found himself speaking in a whisper. 

"Rachel." CorpseMaker glared, urging him to continue. "Rachel. She's…I….I love her."

You just broke Corpsemaker´s heart, he takes so bad to rivals for his servants affection.

Side news, I just remembered that there still isn´t a post of the Unicyclist noticing Ray. :P

You just broke Corpsemaker´s heart, he takes so bad to rivals for his servants affection.

Side news, I just remembered that there still isn´t a post of the Unicyclist noticing Ray. :P

Please. His OTP is Murphy. Everyone knows that. :P

I tried one before, but hated the way it came out. I'll sneak one in when I can make it sound less cheesy. :P

Please. His OTP is Murphy. Everyone knows that. :P

I tried one before, but hated the way it came out. I'll sneak one in when I can make it sound less cheesy. :P

Did you never hear of OTTs? There is no need to choose just take all of them!

Will the current beautiful moment of friendship inspire him? :P

How do you think he and Remington will get along, once Paladin learns Remington was the one who killed Koschei? 

Even in full sociopath mode, he'd have at least a grudging respect for Remington (unless he runs into folks with a Remington-hero-worship complex first, in which case he's a prime candidate for suspicion). Light!Paladin (or at least not-Dark!Paladin) would probably view the man as a potential powerful ally, even with the hero-worship. (He's got a lot more ability to see nuance when he's not Dark.) And, if I can pull it off, it will be non-Dark!Paladin that first makes it to The Dalles.

There's always time for sociopathy later.

Vaguely possible now that MV's gone full Tsundere on us.

Would result in Backtrack being crushed by the nearest car.

Given our current MO of torturing Backtrack the failed attempt at an threesome sounds perfect to me. :P

Talking about torturing Backtrack, why did you have to go and say that the town is ruled by a Vanilla. :angry::P

Given our current MO of torturing Backtrack the failed attempt at an threesome sounds perfect to me. :P

Talking about torturing Backtrack, why did you have to go and say that the town is ruled by a Vanilla. :angry::P

Well it's definitely not because I like him or anything. :P

Well it's definitely not because I like him or anything. :P

Hey, there's always the chance that Backtrack could not believe them, or that Reader could narrow his eyes and say they know nothing about the city.

Which I'm really hoping happens, because I had Autumn's whole "torture Backtrack without knowing it" speech written in my head.

Hey, there's always the chance that Backtrack could not believe them, or that Reader could narrow his eyes and say they know nothing about the city.

Which I'm really hoping happens, because I had Autumn's whole "torture Backtrack without knowing it" speech written in my head.

He may also have been distracted by the piece of bullet in his arm and the attractive blonde tending to said arm :P

*crosses fingers* Please let this happen. Kobold you get to play the unattentive [character] card. :P

There's still time for him to cycle over and join the group hug. :P

Backtrack belongs to the "Epics rule, vanillas drool" branch of post-Calamity philosophy. He'd be inclined to doubt the twins' reasoning, assuming there nust be a High Epic in charge until faces with unquestionable evidence.

This is assuming he even heard what they said, though, since oh Calamity oh Calamity he's just been shot.

There's still time for him to cycle over and join the group hug. :P

Backtrack belongs to the "Epics rule, vanillas drool" branch of post-Calamity philosophy. He'd be inclined to doubt the twins' reasoning, assuming there nust be a High Epic in charge until faces with unquestionable evidence.

This is assuming he even heard what they said, though, since oh Calamity oh Calamity he's just been shot.

All of the hugging! :P

Unattentive Backtrack for the win torture amusement win!

Asking the question again because it didn´t get answered last time: How does Lightwards power interact with aging as well as death from old age?

Edited by Edgedancer