He's asleep right now, but I'll be sure to pose the question to him. I'm totally going to throw dumb people at Altermind next time Lightwards comes across him...  :ph34r: 

I hope you mean "throw" in the figurative sense….though knowing Lightwards, I wouldn't put it past him to aim a giant catapult at Altermind and fling idiots his way…..:P

Now that you have your laboratory I have devised the first grand use of my new elite science team, I want you to design and manufacture a device by which I might hurl people of lower intellect towards our former allies.

... you want a catapult? We offer you fireballs, super strength and healing and you want a catapult?

Verily!

I hope you mean "throw" in the figurative sense….though knowing Lightwards, I wouldn't put it past him to aim a giant catapult at Altermind and fling idiots his way….. :P

"Chicago Joe? Will you stand here for a minute?"

* grunts * "In that caterpult-whatsit of yours? Sure."

* grins wickedly * "Oh, you'll work perfectly."

I also now submit that Lightwards catchphrase be Verily, because for some reason I wrote him saying that and I have no idea why...

Ooh, I second that! He'll be all like, "Verily, this Museum shall verily be the center of my very excellent Empire..."

No. Lightwards is not allowed to talk like Thor and that is FINAL. :P

* sigh *

Fine, have it your way. :P

Ooh, I second that! He'll be all like, "Verily, this Museum shall verily be the center of my very excellent Empire..."

* sigh *

But maybe it's Funtimes' weakness  :ph34r:  He must explore all avenues for science! :P

* sigh *

Only if you promise the new Thor-like Lightwards can have an argument with Funtimes at some point.

"Verily, my good Doctor, behold it, for it is the instrument of thy DOOM!"

"And now it's a toilet plunger."

"DOCTOR! Hast thou any idea what thou hast done?"

"I turned your weapon thingy into something you'll REALLY need, now that Nighthound found a Taco Bell."

Only if you promise the new Thor-like Lightwards can have an argument with Funtimes at some point.

"Verily, my good Doctor, behold it, for it is the instrument of thy DOOM!"

"And now it's a toilet plunger."

"DOCTOR! Hast thou any idea what thou hast done?"

"I turned your weapon thingy into something you'll REALLY need, now that Nighthound found a Taco Bell."

I'm terrified. :o

But Big Al's terrified most of all...  :ph34r:

And Seonid, Paladin is awesome.

Thanks! I enjoy writing him. Look forward to the first Guardian viewpoint in the next post (after a few more folks post in The Dalles).

I feel awkward, responding to posts 3 pages ago, but that was the last time I was on and able to post here.

Speaking of ancient posts, did you ever get Paladin's response to Remington, Twi?

Mwahaha! I also have a ten year-old brother, and once CorpseMaker's plan is set into action, I will use his infantile intellect to find its weak point!  3353_3821_face-devil-grin_32x32.png

Your brother's Lightwards suggestion may also warrant further looking into...  :ph34r:

I have a thirteen year-old brother whom I've explained the RP to. He's obsessed with the idea that Altermind's weakness is being confronted with people dumber than he is, which is why he established Thoughttown. I've tried arguing against the hypothesis, but his logic is quite unassailable. :P

How does he explain Scorch then?

Thanks! I enjoy writing him. Look forward to the first Guardian viewpoint in the next post (after a few more folks post in The Dalles).

I feel awkward, responding to posts 3 pages ago, but that was the last time I was on and able to post here.

Speaking of ancient posts, did you ever get Paladin's response to Remington, Twi?

I did. There's not a lot of hero worship of Remington, at least not to the extreme that it might set Paladin off. Most everyone in The Dalles knew going up against Koschei was really hard on Remington, and while they're exceedingly grateful to him for killing Koschei, they treat him with the same sort of respect they'd show a veteran. Plus, Remington wouldn't tolerate being treated like a celebrity.

Sorry about that downvote, Voidus. Someday, I'll learn my phone is in league with Quota. :(

I did. There's not a lot of hero worship of Remington, at least not to the extreme that it might set Paladin off. Most everyone in The Dalles knew going up against Koschei was really hard on Remington, and while they're exceedingly grateful to him for killing Koschei, they treat him with the same sort of respect they'd show a veteran. Plus, Remington wouldn't tolerate being treated like a celebrity.

Sorry about that downvote, Voidus. Someday, I'll learn my phone is in league with Quota. :(

So... that's a no for building a giant Remington statue in the city center?  :huh:  :P

Clearly Quota has formed a nefarious alliance with the Knighthawk Foundry.

So... that's a no for building a giant Remington statue in the city center? :huh::P

Clearly Quota has formed a nefarious alliance with the Knighthawk Foundry.

Well, he hasn't been to The Dalles in two years, so if Vondra built it while he was gone, it could exist. He'd just have to brace himself for plenty of discomfort and disapproval, should Remington ever see it.

Well, he hasn't been to The Dalles in two years, so if Vondra built it while he was gone, it could exist. He'd just have to brace himself for plenty of discomfort and disapproval, should Remington ever see it.

I picture Sam following behind the rest of Team Funacid entering the city, grumbling to herself.

"I have a tragic backstory too. But do I get a giant statue? No, all I get are the angsty scenes and blackmail sequences..."

Should Reader go next in the Dalles or wait for Backtrack's response?

I'd say to have Reader go next. There's... not a lot for Backtrack to do at the moment. His POV would simply be too pathetic to be worth the effort. :P

That's good to know. I'm still struggling how exactly to integrate Paladin into The Dalles. I'm not seeing him being ok with going through checkpoints and the like.

I picture Sam following behind the rest of Team Funacid entering the city, grumbling to herself.

"I have a tragic backstory too. But do I get a giant statue? No, all I get are the angsty scenes and blackmail sequences..."

I'd say to have Reader go next. There's... not a lot for Backtrack to do at the moment. His POV would simply be too pathetic to be worth the effort. :P

Remington shrugged. "You can have mine. I'll have Vondra scrub the face off, change it to yours."

"So it'd be you, with a tiny version of Sam's face?" Nathan looked at the statue, as though picturing it. "That would be really creepy."

"Yeah. Creepy enough to scare off any High Epic slontze who..." Remington brightened. "Hey! Vondra! I got an idea!"

Remington shrugged. "You can have mine. I'll have Vondra scrub the face off, change it to yours."

"So it'd be you, with a tiny version of Sam's face?" Nathan looked at the statue, as though picturing it. "That would be really creepy."

"Yeah. Creepy enough to scare off any High Epic slontze who..." Remington brightened. "Hey! Vondra! I got an idea!"

Later...

Lightwards stood at the outskirts of the city, grinning maniacally with an army of zombies and dinosaurs marching behind him.

"Soon," he proclaimed grandly. "Soon The Dalles shall go up in flames, and my glorious Empire shall grow over this land! Soon--"

He cut off abruptly, staring at the entrance to the city. Standing there was the most grotesque statue he had ever witnessed--which was rather a big deal for the employer of Chicago Joe.

"What's wrong?" Nighthound asked, walking beside the Emperor with a smile of his own. "Is there a problem, Lightwards?"

Lightwards gulped. "It's just... standing there. Her face on his body. They're... judging me." He shook himself. "Nope, I can't do it. Let's head for Tillamook, fellas."

Do it!!! Or at least mention it later. I was hoping that Quota would take credit fro that.

I have a vivid mental image of CorpseMaker standing before a crowd, with Quota causing the entire gathering to fall to their knees weeping hysterically.

And now I'm going to have nightmares. :o

Mwahaha! I also have a ten year-old brother, and once CorpseMaker's plan is set into action, I will use his infantile intellect to find its weak point!  3353_3821_face-devil-grin_32x32.png

Your brother's Lightwards suggestion may also warrant further looking into...  :ph34r:

I have a thirteen year-old brother whom I've explained the RP to. He's obsessed with the idea that Altermind's weakness is being confronted with people dumber than he is, which is why he established Thoughttown. I've tried arguing against the hypothesis, but his logic is quite unassailable. :P

I wish I had a younger sibling who had read Steelheart. :( 

RAFO. :P :P

How does he explain Scorch then?

He brings up a good point.