I had Sam's partially done, but even what I had is undergoing re-writes. But I should be ready to post the first one by the time Sam and Revolution squeeze away from Voidgaze.

After the first one, there will be one or two more laying extra groundwork, and finally the last and most Traumatic™ of the bunch, to be revealed when she meets Quota.

Remington's will grow steadily more Emotionally Scarring as he gets closer to meeting Quota. Speaking of, would it be okay if sometime in the near future I sent you a flashback and asked you to fill in Vondra's dialogue? I'm not sure when it'll be...

Quota got me thinking, though: What would Backtrack see if he met Quota?

When are we going to see the first Vondra post?

I'm thinking we'll first see Vondra once Backtrack and the twins get brought to him. So his first appearance will be through the eyes of outsiders.

I just realized, I have no Idea what Streetwise and Murphy's weaknesses are. Any ideas?

I still have no idea what Redlight's, Deathwishes, or Chicago Joe's weaknesses are, so I may not be any help here.  :mellow:

EDIT:

Remington's will grow steadily more Emotionally Scarring as he gets closer to meeting Quota. Speaking of, would it be okay if sometime in the near future I sent you a flashback and asked you to fill in Vondra's dialogue? I'm not sure when it'll be...

Quota got me thinking, though: What would Backtrack see if he met Quota?

That is fine. I'd be honored. :)

That is an excellent question. He's lived a fairly idyllic life compared to the likes of Remington, Sam, or even Lightwards, though he wouldn't be inclined to see it that way. He'd probably see a montage of himself being bullied by tougher guys and rejected by women all through life. If Quota stomped down his confidence and self-worth, he might even see the most horrifying possible sight: the truth of what an apathetic, horrible person he is.

Heh. The meeting might actually be emotionally healthy for him, in the long run.

Edited by Kobold King

I'm thinking we'll first see Vondra once Backtrack and the twins get brought to him. So his first appearance will be through the eyes of outsiders.

Ok, I think I will include Hydron start to head to Vondra to talk about the raid in my next post, so he will be either in that meeting or after that meeting.

Edit:  Mail-mi, what happens if the fuel tank just vanishes?

Edited by Tulir

Inaccurate maps for Streetwise?

In which case, we'd better make sure he doesn't find the map Lightwards cut into a smiley face. :P

Ok, I think I will include Hydron start to head to Vondra to talk about the raid in my next post, so he will be either in that meeting or after that meeting.

Sounds good to me.

Edit:  Mail-mi, what happens if the fuel tank just vanishes?

Bad things. If there is no fuel in the fuel tank, the bus reverts back to its original state. And there can't be any fuel in the fuel tank if there is no fuel tank. 

Bad things. If there is no fuel in the fuel tank, the bus reverts back to its original state. And there can't be any fuel in the fuel tank if there is no fuel tank.

What would happen to someone--let's call that someone Nighthound--if this someone named Nighthound happened to be in a bus that used to be a pebble when it reverted?

What would happen to someone--let's call that someone Nighthound--if this someone named Nighthound happened to be in a bus that used to be a pebble when it reverted?

What unfortunate someone shares a name with Nighthound?

...oh. I see what you're saying. Carry on.

I expected something like that to happen.  My first thought was for Event Horizon to toss a black hole at the engine, so, that wouldn't have turned out the best.

I haven't decided if it will shrink around this person--for simplicity's sake, I'll use the same name--shrink around this Nighthound, until it became their size and the tore through them until it was a little pebble, and this Nighthound would be completely bloodied up and most likely dead (if it were possible for this Nighthound to die, that is), or be trapped perpetually inside of the pebble until Bus Driver turns the pebble back into a bus. And if it's the second, I'm not sure whether time will pass for this Nighthoubd trapped inside of the pebble.

Either way, it's horrifying.

She won't be part of the attack on TT that happens early so we can keep them on their own timeline for now I think.

Excuse the double post, I'm on my phone. I really want Mommy to help attack the MoNA. A Mommy/Lightwards meeting would be....entertaining to say the least :D

Excuse the double post, I'm on my phone. I really want Mommy to help attack the MoNA. A Mommy/Lightwards meeting would be....entertaining to say the least :D

She can join in that group, but that attack will be later at night, the MEE has people spying on TT so they know that it would be a good time to strike during the Empire/Thought Town meeting but the MONA is a lot harder to spy on :P

Eyes, but he really needed to let loose. He hadn't used his powers in a while. Not for recreational use at least.

What, killing dozens, if not hundred of people while skydiving isn´t entertaining? Because he did that just yesterday. :P

I haven't decided if it will shrink around this person--for simplicity's sake, I'll use the same name--shrink around this Nighthound, until it became their size and the tore through them until it was a little pebble, and this Nighthound would be completely bloodied up and most likely dead (if it were possible for this Nighthound to die, that is), or be trapped perpetually inside of the pebble until Bus Driver turns the pebble back into a bus. And if it's the second, I'm not sure whether time will pass for this Nighthoubd trapped inside of the pebble.

Either way, it's horrifying.

How high are the chances that a someone could simply rip a hole into the bus-walls?

Don´t forget these circumstances also come with the risk of meeting Nighthound and Lucentia, would someone please think of the children! :P

What, killing dozens, if not hundred of people while skydiving isn´t entertaining? Because he did that just yesterday. :P

How high are the chances that a someone could simply rip a hole into the bus-walls?

Don´t forget these circumstances also come with the risk of meeting Nighthound and Lucentia, would someone please think of the children! :P

It goes really really fast, so I'd say very little

Oh gosh if Mommy sees Lucentia... remember that she comes from Astoria? Yeah.

It goes really really fast, so I'd say very little

Oh gosh if Mommy sees Lucentia... remember that she comes from Astoria? Yeah.

Good... if a someone, who isn´t actually named Nighthound, ever gets to the Dalles.

Did she stay in Astoria for a prolonged time or was she only traveling through it?

Oh, btw Refill and his group are on their way to see Chimera, do you want to do a scene with that soonish? Or just have him refuse to join off screen?

Posted by proxy for Mailliw: 

Sure, I've been trying to come up with something for Chi to do. Just post that when you want and I'll go from there.

I don't know if you saw this, so just thought I'd mention it again. Go ahead and post them going to the so and I'll respond when I can.

* is writing combined Backtrack/Glamour post *

I'll reply to that later today or tomorrow probably. I like him a a lot. :)

1. He'll refortify... and then go on the war path, cracking down on crime through the city and trying to flush out Quicksilver. He won't be very happy with this.

2. This could definitely work. :)

Just a side note though, Glamour's more of an NPC. Anyone can write him, provided he stays roughly consistent from post to post.

He's basically an excuse for everyone to work their favorite songs into the RP. :P

So I can write for him and Edgerunner in the same post? Or do you want to control him for their time together?

If Nighthound, Quota, and Reader ever formed an alliance, everyone else in the Fractured States would destroy Oregon just to smite the abomination from the face of the earth.

I think we figured out how to accomplish our goal. :)

Joe, I sent you a pm with questions about the Reckoners. And Corpsemaker curses with the word Eyes? That's pretty creepy.

I'll reply to that later today or tomorrow probably. I like him a a lot. :)

So I can write for him and Edgerunner in the same post? Or do you want to control him for their time together?

Thanks. :)

You can certainly write for him. I just wanted to write his initial post to establish his general personality.

Particularly short Sam post in the Portland thread, though I managed to squeeze in a bit of her snark in a bit of graffiti. Next Sam post should contain a flashback.

(she turned a branch to a watch and checked it) 11:23:57

Is it weird that I find the implications of a just created watch showing the exact time more interesting than how she got the museum to fly?

Lightwards had filled the MoNA with his allies

:huh: I think I might have missed that part. :P

She pulled back to grin at him, then whispered: "Wanna see something that'll make Lightwards' head explode?"

Ah, there she is. ;)

Is it weird that I find the implications of a just created watch showing the exact time more interesting than how she got the museum to fly?

:huh: I think I might have missed that part. :P

Ah, there she is. ;)

She designed it to synch up with the nearest digital timepiece automatically. Not knowing where said timepiece was, she didn't want to waste time looking for it as she randomly checked every wrist in the museum. Which she could very well have done. ;)

The allies were all of the Epics Aldo brought.

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

She designed it to synch up with the nearest digital timepiece automatically. Not knowing where said timepiece was, she didn't want to waste time looking for it as she randomly checked every wrist in the museum. Which she could very well have done. ;)

Funtimes honestly has one of the most bewildering powers in the RP. :o How much does she need to know in order to create an object? For example, say she made a copy of a great work of literature. Could she recreate Around the World in 80 Days word for word without memorizing it first, or would the book just be empty or filled with gibberish text?

Edited by Kobold King

Funtimes honestly has one of the most bewildering powers in the RP. :o How much does she need to know in order to create an object? For example, say she made a copy of a great work of literature. Could she recreate Around the World in 80 Days word for word without memorizing it first, or would the book just be empty or filled with gibberish text?

Kind of this, filling in some theoretical tech is one thing, this clock has telepathy.

Oh, your stretching the word ally.

The book would be gibberish, save for the lines she already knew, which would more likely than not be out of place. Same with the kittens she creates--they act more like robotic kittens than actual ones, which is what they're more similar to. Making Fortuity's hat attack him was accomplished through fine-tuned machinery. Mechanics and engineering is her specialty, which is how she accomplishes most of what she does--except for making pancake rain, which she does by knowing how to make pancakes.

But yes, her powers are very strange.

Edit: The clock...I figured that in the world Steelheart is set in, there might be some sort of digital synchronization tech, if for no other purpose than to ensure minions couldn't claim their clocks were running behind. :P

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles