Seriously?  6 pages in one day?!  Wow.  I normally read everything, but I think I will pass on those ones.  

Joe, that Corpsemaker post was fantastic.

Mrs Voidus and Twi, your collaboration was also amazing. 

And Seonid, Paladin is awesome.

Oh, good. I thought it was another one of the Hemalurgy references the forum's drowning in. And I for one do not want to know what an Inquisitor-Nighthound would be like. :o

Do not worry, Hemalurgy needs blood contact and Nighthound only bleeds creppy so no Hemalurgy affects him.

Researchers were amazed when they recently discovered this Topiary, it's the largest of all known Topiaries from ancient Oregon, we believe that this picture depicts the various gods of the Oregonians gathering together to defeat their dark god Nighthound, for around this Topiary we have found the words 'and then Nighthound died' written over and over again in some kind of symbolic ritual.

Researchers were amazed when they recently discovered this Topiary, it's the largest of all known Topiaries from ancient Oregon, we believe that this picture depicts the various gods of the Oregonians gathering together to defeat their dark god Nighthound, for around this Topiary we have found the words 'and then Nighthound died' written over and over again in some kind of symbolic ritual.

How these words came to be their chant is a mystery. Some scholars believe it to be a standard burial rite; however, no such inscriptions have been discovered on other graves or topiaries. Others are convinced this was a sign of mourning, but they deny the somewhat joyous exclamation points and the salvaged recording of a female voice singing "And then Nighthound died" again and again, interspersed with frequent giggles. We can only conclude that this god called Nighthound was a particularly nasty deity, his eventual fate a sort of punishment from other, more benevolent, gods and goddesses. 

Unt, zee furst Mad Ballooner post is up! (ba-dum-tissssh!) I can't believe the Minor Epic Empire let him join. They had no idea what they were signing up for!

(ba-duuumm-tiiiiisssssssssssshhh!)

Hah, I love balloon puns. They can be dangerous though. Do a bad one and it can blow up in your face!

(ba-da-dum-ba-dum-tttiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhh!!!)

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all night.

How these words came to be their chant is a mystery. Some scholars believe it to be a standard burial rite; however, no such inscriptions have been discovered on other graves or topiaries. Others are convinced this was a sign of mourning, but they deny the somewhat joyous exclamation points and the salvaged recording of a female voice singing "And then Nighthound died" again and again, interspersed with frequent giggles. We can only conclude that this god called Nighthound was a particularly nasty deity, his eventual fate a sort of punishment from other, more benevolent, gods and goddesses. 

More confusing are the recordings of the same voice referring to a 'Jeffrey', though from the way this voice speaks of him we conclude that this Jeffrey was perhaps a minor mischief making deity, a prankster perhaps. Not in the same league as this Nighthound or the unnamed Cannibal Epic that stories are still told of who lived inside a flying building filled with Dinosaurs and regularly caused confectionary to rain down upons her subjects so that she could enjoy their taste the better.

EDIT: Fatebreaker Refills out recruiting at the moment but Zip's still in base so do you mind if I write him receiving them?

Edited by Voidus

Unt, zee furst Mad Ballooner post is up! (ba-dum-tissssh!) I can't believe the Minor Epic Empire let him join. They had no idea what they were signing up for!

(ba-duuumm-tiiiiisssssssssssshhh!)

Hah, I love balloon puns. They can be dangerous though. Do a bad one and it can blow up in your face!

(ba-da-dum-ba-dum-tttiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhh!!!)

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all night.

On the downside, Mad Balloner is probably the most racist Epic yet. On the upside, I´m german and that means I´m allowed to laugh at him, which for some unexplainable reason I do. Then again I also like bad puns, so that isn´t saying much. :P

That's a good idea. Though in this situation, there would be multiple pursuers, so it'd be a matter of trapping the majority before leaping out and saying "Look at me! I'm a target!"

So....the odds of poor Rewind surviving are pretty much nil. :(

Well, there goes our best chance of everyone getting to kill Nighthound. :(

I find myself laughing at the Mad Balloonist way more than I should.  :lol: I picture Sam and Revolution staring at him in blank confusion, unsure which of his many ludicrous qualities to make fun of first.

He can join in on the attack on the Empier but they'd probably be in Tillamook by then

On the downside, Mad Balloner is probably the most racist Epic yet. On the upside, I´m german and that means I´m allowed to laugh at him, which for some unexplainable reason I do. Then again I also like bad puns, so that isn´t saying much. :P

Mad Ballooner + Saccharine + Doctor Funtimes + Lightwards tied to a chair = FUN FUN FUN :D

Maybe Voidus could come up with another Epic--I mean another way--for that to happen. :P

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Mad Ballooner + Saccharine + Doctor Funtimes + Lightwards tied to a chair = FUN FUN FUN :D

Maybe Voidus could come up with another Epic--I mean another way--for that to happen. :P

I don't know if I'll get a chance to do this today, since I'll have company and may not have much Internet access...

But the Mad Ballooner needs a pony desperately. :D

I find myself laughing at the Mad Balloonist way more than I should.  :lol: I picture Sam and Revolution staring at him in blank confusion, unsure which of his many ludicrous qualities to make fun of first.

The curse of to many choices. Know what? If Nighthound ever meets the Mad Balloner he´s probably going to insult him in german, just because.

That´s it, Funtimes just crossed her moral event Horizon.

Probably, there´s always Roadagain and his Mandom. (Even his name sounds like an Epic)

I don't know if I'll get a chance to do this today, since I'll have company and may not have much Internet access...

But the Mad Ballooner needs a pony desperately. :D

We´ll always wait for you, so enjoy the company.

Did any of you watch the end of Tokyo Ghoul? I think I just found someone that´s a fusion of Slaughterhouse and Nighthound... it wasn´t pretty.

She just wanted a hug. :P

0.o

That sounds...terrifying....

And who is Lightwards to deny that request. :P

Yeah, to elaborate(not for those with a weak stomach, you probably don´t want to read this)

We have Ghouls, supernatural beings that can only gain nutrients from human flesh including corpses.

the Protagonist Kaneki, a nice and somewhat weak willed student. Then one of the top Ghouls tries to eat them and someone drops a steel beam on them. He gets saved by a doctor implanting the ghouls organs into him, turning him into a half-ghoul.

Towards the end of the series

a ghoul called Jason decides to keep the Protagonist as his torture pet, because he has a remarkably strong healing factor. Said torture consists mainly out of him repeatedly ripping out his fingers with somekind of pincers and having him count down from 1000 in steps of 7 (from the number he reached we can conclud that he got a bit over 70 fingers ripped out) but also has such nice features as putting a centipede into his brain, all the while gushing about him making such a good victim. When Jason realizes that emotional torture is also fun he takes the two people, whose job it was to clean up all the blood and also tried to assure he Protagonist that helps is comming, and gives him the sadistic choice of which one lives and which one dies. After Kaneki refuses to make the choice both get brutally killed and Jason taunts Kaneki that it is all his fault.

Suddenly Nighthound doesn´t feel that bad anymore. :unsure:

I did consider that. I didn't want the comedic value of the mad ballooner marred by racism. I'm part German myself, and have no prejudice towards them or any race at all. I see it as more of poking fun at the stereotype than actually mocking the people. The idea was what if a crazy WWII aviation enthusiast got powers and kinda went crazy. I'm even gonna have Schultz mention it at some point. But I want to make sure I am considerate and not offensive, so if you find anything too offensive, let me know and I will remedy the situation.

But as long as you're okay with him, he will continue to contribute to the madness! He is so much fun to right for.

Also, since you're from Germany, suggestions and tips for writing him are welcome.

Edited by Fatebreaker

I did consider that. I didn't want the comedic value of the mad ballooner marred by racism. I'm part German myself, and have no prejudice towards them or any race at all. I see it as more of poking fun at the stereotype than actually mocking the people. The idea was what if a crazy WWII aviation enthusiast got powers and kinda went crazy. I'm even gonna have Schultz mention it at some point. But I want to make sure I am considerate and not offensive, so if you find anything too offensive, let me know and I will remedy the situation.

But as long as you're okay with him, he will continue to contribute to the madness! He is so much fun to right for.

Nah, as I said I´m laughing over here so don´t worry. ;) 

And who is Lightwards to deny that request. :P

Yeah, to elaborate(not for those with a weak stomach, you probably don´t want to read this)

We have Ghouls, supernatural beings that can only gain nutrients from human flesh including corpses.

the Protagonist Kaneki, a nice and somewhat weak willed student. Then one of the top Ghouls tries to eat them and someone drops a steel beam on them. He gets saved by a doctor implanting the ghouls organs into him, turning him into a half-ghoul.

Towards the end of the series

a ghoul called Jason decides to keep the Protagonist as his torture pet, because he has a remarkably strong healing factor. Said torture consists mainly out of him repeatedly ripping out his fingers with somekind of pincers and having him count down from 1000 in steps of 7 (from the number he reached we can conclud that he got a bit over 70 fingers ripped out) but also has such nice features as putting a centipede into his brain, all the while gushing about him making such a good victim. When Jason realizes that emotional torture is also fun he takes the two people, whose job it was to clean up all the blood and also tried to assure he Protagonist that helps is comming, and gives him the sadistic choice of which one lives and which one dies. After Kaneki refuses to make the choice both get brutally killed and Jason taunts Kaneki that it is all his fault.

Suddenly Nighthound doesn´t feel that bad anymore. :unsure:

O.o

o.O

O.O

I have no words.

NO WORDS

O.o

o.O

O.O

I have no words.

NO WORDS

That´s how I feelt to. I was to shocked to even look away. On the upside, it ends with

the protagonist breaking free. On the downside he is totally broken, copies some of his torturers characteristic gestures, tortures him back and ultimately eats him!

Whew! Good to know. I'd hate to offend the writer of Nighthound...

Tokyo Ghoul taught me a lot... just kidding. :P By the way, if Nighthound ever crosses the line into offensive territory, give me a warning.

That´s how I feelt to. I was to shocked to even look away. On the upside, it ends with

the protagonist breaking free. On the downside he is totally broken, copies some of his torturers characteristic gestures, tortures him back and ultimately eats him!

Tokyo Ghoul taught me a lot... just kidding. :P By the way, if Nighthound ever crosses the line into offensive territory, give me a warning.

O.o

He's not offensive, just so despicable we all desire his death more than anything. :P

O.o

He's not offensive, just so despicable we all desire his death more than anything. :P

Nighthound turned out worse than even I intended. I blame the "add a random element into your writing" writting prompt. Sure, he was always bad but until Ray I could at least pretend he didn´t have an interest in women.

Nighthound turned out worse than even I intended. I blame the "add a random element into your writing" writting prompt. Sure, he was always bad but until Ray I could at least pretend he didn´t have an interest in women.

In fairness, just about any other random element would have been equally horrifying. A few that come to mind: a sports car, a pet dog, and a job as a telemarketer.