Yo! I’m new here, nice to meet you.

I’m relatively new here, I’ve had an account for a while, although it was mostly just for liking posts and stuff. I’m still in high school, so I’m not on here often. My name on here is WhyEverNot_8, but that’s fairly long, so just feel free to call me Why, and if you come up with something else, just let me know. I have read a large number of Cosmere books, I’m currently working my way through the novellas (I’m on The Frugal Wizard’s Handbook for Surviving Medieval England) I enjoy reading which has led me to want to be a book editor/writer. I am in my school’s Creative Writing class and am working on a book of my own (no title yet, sorry) I have D&D sessions quite often with some good friends of mine, and I play a lot of video games (Tears of the Kingdom, Destiny 2, No Man’s Sky, Hollow Knight, Monster Hunter: World, Horizon Zero Dawn, Minecraft, just to name a few.) I enjoy learning new grammatical structures, but I still can’t figure out where to put the dang punctuation when you’re ending a sentence with parentheses. )Sorry for the long-winded introduction haha) Have a nice day, Why

Hi!! Welcome to the Shard! Do you have a favorite kind of bagel?

1 hour ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:

I enjoy learning new grammatical structures, but I still can’t figure out where to put the dang punctuation when you’re ending a sentence with parentheses. )

Blah blah blah (I believe it's done like this, could be wrong though).  <--

Edited by justice magician

Hey again Why! You wrote on my post 😊

How are you liking The Frugal Wizard's Handbook? I recently bought that in a bundle off the shop because the covers were so beautiful! Excited for that one and Tress of the Emerald Sea. 

Great choice in videogames! What class do you prefer in Destiny? 

Justice Magician and Raven (can I call you that?), thank you for teaching me this. I’d say my favorite kind of bagel is the Dave’s Killer Bread Blueberry Bagel. Hi Rae! I’m enjoying it a lot, it’s a great book, and Tress of the Emerald Sea is an amazing one. I main Hunter, but I think that TItan is also pretty fun.

6 hours ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:

I’m relatively new here, I’ve had an account for a while, although it was mostly just for liking posts and stuff. I’m still in high school, so I’m not on here often. My name on here is WhyEverNot_8, but that’s fairly long, so just feel free to call me Why, and if you come up with something else, just let me know. I have read a large number of Cosmere books, I’m currently working my way through the novellas (I’m on The Frugal Wizard’s Handbook for Surviving Medieval England) I enjoy reading which has led me to want to be a book editor/writer. I am in my school’s Creative Writing class and am working on a book of my own (no title yet, sorry) I have D&D sessions quite often with some good friends of mine, and I play a lot of video games (Tears of the Kingdom, Destiny 2, No Man’s Sky, Hollow Knight, Monster Hunter: World, Horizon Zero Dawn, Minecraft, just to name a few.) I enjoy learning new grammatical structures, but I still can’t figure out where to put the dang punctuation when you’re ending a sentence with parentheses. )Sorry for the long-winded introduction haha) Have a nice day, Why

Welcome to the Shard! Who's your least favorite character? Cool to see someone else who also plays Destiny 2 how has the longest season ever been treating you

Jeez, that’s a hard one, (actual spoilers in this one, if you haven’t read Rhythm of War, don’t click on the spoiler)

Spoiler

For my least favorite character I’m gonna have to say Moash for killing Teft and being a downright bad person.

It’s been fine tbh, I don’t spend money on it so I don’t have the season pass, but I have been enjoying Riven’s Wishes and am looking forward to getting Outbreak Perfected with my new ascendant shards (wait a minute…)

5 hours ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:

Justice Magician and Raven (can I call you that?), thank you for teaching me this. I’d say my favorite kind of bagel is the Dave’s Killer Bread Blueberry Bagel. Hi Rae! I’m enjoying it a lot, it’s a great book, and Tress of the Emerald Sea is an amazing one. I main Hunter, but I think that TItan is also pretty fun.

Yup! and no problemo!

7 hours ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:

Yay! I also main hunter, Titan 2nd. Never played much Warlock though! 

16 hours ago, Robin Sedai said:

Hey there, welcome to the Shard!

Thank you!

16 hours ago, X-Rae said:

Yay! I also main hunter, Titan 2nd. Never played much Warlock though! 

Nice! Same, I think I’ve played warlock once, if that

5 hours ago, Aeternum said:

I can confirm as a warlock main, you are missing out!

I don’t doubt you! My friend mains one and they come in clutch often. I just enjoy hunter sooo much on the PC, sucker for my throwing knives 

On 2/14/2024 at 12:01 PM, WhyEverNot_8 said:

hehe you can call me Magi or JM if the full thing is too long. Blueberry's a great choice! One of my favorites as well.

On 2/14/2024 at 12:01 PM, WhyEverNot_8 said:

Raven is acceptable.

17 hours ago, Wierdo said:

Hello Why! What do i call you- Ever? Not? Why? Eight?

Whatever you want lol!

- (theres too many comments for my brain to handle quoting them all, so here’s my response to the Destiny related ones):

I have seen people play warlock in Crucible and dang, they can pretty much team wipe when using their super. I main solar and stasis for hunter, so I can’t really do that. I love the different solar throwing knives, especially knife trick, and for stasis (despite it being the only stasis melee for hunters) I like Withering Blade a lot. (Me enjoying destiny throwing knives so much that I want to learn it, so I get actual throwing knives from my dad for Christmas)

- JM and Raven

Thank’s for the nicknames, I’ll use them!

On 2/14/2024 at 9:44 AM, WhyEverNot_8 said:

I have D&D sessions quite often with some good friends of mine

Cool! What kind of character are you currently playing, if you're a player? If you're DMing, are you running a module or a homebrewed world?

On 2/16/2024 at 2:14 PM, The cheeseman said:

Cool! What kind of character are you currently playing, if you're a player? If you're DMing, are you running a module or a homebrewed world?

I have several campaigns on hold, and most, if not all are homebrew. In the one that started most recently and have been focusing on most, my character is an alchemist that does stuff with the Aethers from Tress of the Emerald Sea, because they somehow got brought to earth.

On 2/16/2024 at 2:41 PM, Doomslug_Is_Cool said:

Hi! Have you read Cytoverse? Who's your favorite taynix? 

Boomslugs and Hyperslugs, also some of the unidentified kind like the one with crystals instead of the spine things.