Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

16 minutes ago, Llstml said:

A radiant has a chunk of a shards power inside of them, sealing the cracks in their  soul. Breaths invest me, and I am guessing they would help me stay sane, they help with all areas of your health, I believe. I guess I'll just become a splinter. 

TWoA spoilers:

Hide contents

By finding the well of ascension, then rewrite my cognitive self to be more resilient to the visions, increasing my overall time to maybe 10 minutes or so.

Or I guess I could just wear an aluminum lined hat/helmet, that should block the visions, or at least interfere with them.

I guess rewriting ur cognitive self by ascending will work out. Not so sure about aluminum hats , the flashes aren't really investiture. It's information , mind warping information. It manifests by magical means but it itself isn't magic.

Breaths and nahel bonds might be able to help u but only by a few seconds . I know I said a minute but now I'm not so sure , they don't really help u deal with information like zinc compounding will. So I'm guessing it will give u an extra 10- 20 seconds. They may save u from insanity but u will still get dizzy and delirious and if u hold on for more than 4 minutes ur C-self will still die. That is if u don't nick urself.

Edited by PrinceGenocide
A little polishing

25 minutes ago, PrinceGenocide said:

Not so sure about aluminum hats , the flashes aren't really investiture. It's information , mind warping information. It manifests by magical means but it itself isn't magic.

As you would theoretically be receiving this information from the Nightwatcher, the only possible way for them to get it would be through Investiture. By definition as a Nightwatcher curse, it is a form of Investiture, and the hat should stop it successfully. 

Okay, Nightwatcher. I have a boon to ask of you. I care not what bane you give me in return, for I shall nobly sacrifice myself for this cause. 

I wish everyone would read the site rules and USE MOSTLY CORRECT GRAMMAR. *Ene falls over, weeping into her hands* :P 

15 minutes ago, AonEne said:

I wish everyone would read the site rules and USE MOSTLY CORRECT GRAMMAR. *Ene falls over, weeping into her hands* :P 

Granted thanx to you everyone even those with English as a second or third language, has perfect grammar on this shard but when they are away, irl, their English is totally messed up.. they forget to use any grammar rules.. 

7 hours ago, The traveller said:

I wish for a Dragonsteel blade and the skill And strength to wield it to become the ultimate dueling champion

My wish still stands guys..

5 hours ago, AonEne said:

As you would theoretically be receiving this information from the Nightwatcher, the only possible way for them to get it would be through Investiture. By definition as a Nightwatcher curse, it is a form of Investiture, and the hat should stop it successfully. 

Okay, Nightwatcher. I have a boon to ask of you. I care not what bane you give me in return, for I shall nobly sacrifice myself for this cause. 

You aren't getting it from the Nightwatcher. YoU are getting it from Brightriot . The curse doesn't have to be separate , it can be two facets of the same thing. Like how my lifeless Koloss armies are both my boon and my bane. 

The aluminum might protect you from nicking yourself. But it won't stop the cognitive translation of the spiritual realm from saturating your mind. 

It doesn't travel in waves like soothing or rioting which I guess work when they hit you on your brain. Aluminum hats are ok for that. But when you are wielding Brightriot , you have a physical connection with it through your arm. Hats won't work but gloves might. Huh. But wait you are also connected spiritually right. That's why it can feed on your investiture but I guess aluminum gloves would break that too.

Hmm ok but if you wear aluminum Brightriot will automatically decide you are evil. 

Yeah about the grammar

I should write properly. I'm gonna write like in a exam or interview and get kicked out or something. I will try to rein in the impulse to break Grammer.

Edited by PrinceGenocide
Grammer

2 minutes ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Granted, but the blade is forever stuck to your hand (this does make it really easy to chop vegetables, though)

I wish for the ability to ice-skate perfectly. 

Granted  

You are provided the surge of adhesion and can ice-skate perfectly. However , People will grow envious of your skills , discriminate against you , think you unnatural And decide to ironically burn you on the ice court as a witch. 

My wish is hmmm I want to be a Chrome compounder.

My wish is hmmm I want to be a Chrome compounder.

Granted, however Google is hunting you down for illegally compounding their web browser.

I wish that people realize that U is not a substitute for You. That R is not a substitute for Are. That Y is not a proper substitute for Why. And that B is not a proper substitute for be.

Edited by Butt Ad Venture

6 hours ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

Granted, however Google is hunting you down for illegally compounding their web browser.

I wish that people realize that U is not a substitute for You. That R is not a substitute for Are. That Y is not a proper substitute for Why. And that B is not a proper substitute for be.

Granted.

But it is a great substitute. It's simply not popular with the older generation and they hold all the keys so we have to keep down for now. In a few yrs ,the substitutes will be popular and the next generations will wonder why they used to make  such a big deal out of it . 

I wish for Asoiaf to be finished in a qualitatively 100xbetter way than the tv show.

Oh damnation ninja'd. Nandayo ?

6 hours ago, GoWibble said:

Fine. only with no strings attached

I wish for straightforward trig verifications

Granted. 

However , the world has 4 spatial dimensions making trigonometry obsolete.

I wish for Asoiaf to be finished in a qualitatively 100xbetter way than the tv show.

Edited by PrinceGenocide
A little polishing

39 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Amen to that!

I wish that the Nightwatcher would give herself a curse.

Granted

You are the Nightwatcher

Give thyself a curse, @Truthless of Shinovar 

I wish for a piece of paper: only the one, non-exploding, non-poisoned, unscribbled, not cursed piece of paper

Edited by Honorless

@Llstml, the point of the game is to twist the wish made by the previous player, not follow actual Nightwatcher unrelated-boon-and-curse dynamic. Unless the boon somehow enables the unrelated curse thing.

Also please quote or tag.

Granted, you have it. It appears above you, falling straight on top of you, completely flattening you.

Ah, a classic bane.

I wish for a pet Tyrannosaur

Edited by Honorless

@Honorless you wished for the paper to not be cursed, and seemed to be attempting to waste my (the nightwatchers) time. So I cursed you in order to impress upon you the weight of a boon from the Nightwatcher. as for your wish, granted. surprisingly, you pet T Rex will not eat you, only everyone you love and care about. It is also immortal and follows you everywhere.

I wish that I knew all languages and was not overwhelmed by that information.

40 minutes ago, Honorless said:

@Llstml, the point of the game is to twist the wish made by the previous player, not follow actual Nightwatcher unrelated-boon-and-curse dynamic. Unless the boon somehow enables the unrelated curse thing.

Actually, people do that all the time - randomness can be fun too :P it generally is more fun to twist words, though. 

Granted, you learn all languages. However, that learning comes in the form of being tied to a chair being forced to watch powerpoint presentation for the rest of your life.

I wish that I was physically, mentally, and emotionally capable of solving all problems.

@Llstml, sorry

I should make it a point to remember not everyone reads as much fiction as I do. I didn't mean I want the paper as boon without a Nightwatcher curse.

I meant that the paper itself isn't cursed: like it isn't rigged to explode, or turn me into a piece of paper if I touch it or have a drawing of some hellish creature that comes alive and eats me.

And trying to dodge the Nightwatcher's curse is also a part of the game :P

I just wanted an Über creative bane, I guess.

@Mushroom Catalog, your wish is granted. There are Hemalurgic metals & bindpoints for that.

I wish for a day, that I can put between any two other days

Edited by Honorless

6 hours ago, Honorless said:

@Mushroom Catalog, your wish is granted. There are Hemalurgic metals & bindpoints for that.

I wish for a day, that I can put between any two other days

Granted. 

You can have an extra day , an extra 24 hours ,which u can insert between any two days. Say you put it between 25 and 26th December. No one will realize it but there will one extra day. But they won't be aware or remember it. 

You will always have a bad hair day however. 

My wish is for true love :wub:

32 minutes ago, PrinceGenocide said:

Granted. 

You can have an extra day , an extra 24 hours ,which u can insert between any two days. Say you put it between 25 and 26th December. No one will realize it but there will one extra day. But they won't be aware or remember it. 

You will always have a bad hair day however. 

My wish is for true love :wub:

Granted. You will have her for a day. Then she'll die.

I wish for a nice bubble bath