8 hours ago, Stick. said:

archer im voting JNV lol 

and why would my royalbee push be caused by me 'worrying about their vote'? they werent voting anywhere when i pushed them, both today and yesterday 

Edit:

I saw your question btw Neil I’m not ignoring it I’ll respond in a bit 

Yeah but you'd spent most of your time talking to Bee today. 

8 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

anyone care to guess why the elims kill Kas?

seems primarily like a control kill, not a Contact-hunting kill

which is a Decision that not everyone would make

Thank you, I will cherish it.

My main theory was they don't know the secret elim (Insider? Informant?) so they have to kill obvious villagers. Kas was in that range by the end of it based on his passion. Also, I'm not sure you can accurately guess the Contact C1 anyway? In theory they're uninformed so they could be anyone. 

8 hours ago, Faerie Braids said:

Hum, okay so for the C1 trains... a lot of the JNV train seemed to be about how JNV typically plays different factions, which I don't feel confident commenting on. With only one post, focused on rules analysis, I would prefer to see more of them before really going after them. As for the Aeoryi train, I am rather put off by the sudden influx of four votes in two hours, three of which occured within an hour. Compared with the pace of the game so far, that felt rather fast. So, [Archer, Drake, Sart, Raven] is worth looking at, I guess? Out of those, I feel better about Drake, and, to a lesser extent, Sart, I am on the fence about Archer, and I am really curious about TheRavenHasLanded. As for the NK, eliminating village Kas does not seem to surprising to me after what I experienced during the AG. Finally, to your question regarding my interactions with you, put simply, there have been none this game :D. Your other posts are giving me tentative null+ right now, but I somehow managed to misjudge you twice during the last game, so we will see.

Thanks for your thoughts! 

I understand how you got to Raven, but for the sake of convenience, would you mind focusing on someone in your POE with a higher post count? ie me or Drake. I'll also accept commentary on Stick or Nigel. Thoughts on the so far, even gut? 

4 hours ago, Stick. said:

Why does this mean anything to you at all given the fact that Aman ended up voting you anyway? 

Please elaborate on what v tell sart has triggered 🍿

Archer 

Again, why does this mean anything to you when Neil didn’t actually do anything to save you at the end of the day. He froze and stayed on a side train, when he could’ve easily voted an elim read (aeo) while also serving the purpose of defending his village read (you). You village reading Neil for this reason specifically feels off and insincere because from your perspective you should be wary of e!him having weakly white knighted you. 

Aman undermines their ability to push me the following cycle with that comment. Whereas you were already setting up an additional target, keeping your options more open. The latter approach reads as more strategic to me. 

I'd be okay voting Aman if it came to it though. Aman, consider yourself voted for in spirit 

Sart entering with a poke vote is a good look for them. As is them reconsidering it. Highly fakeable, but the one time I played with evil them I can remember, they broke that pattern. 

That's... A valid point about Nel tbh. But I also read their mattress story as being super genuine. I give people a lot of credit for having stupid reasons for their behaviour/not preparing reasonable lies to obvious questions. Same principle as my Drake read. 

36 minutes ago, Archer said:

Yeah but you'd spent most of your time talking to Bee today. 

My main theory was they don't know the secret elim (Insider? Informant?) so they have to kill obvious villagers. Kas was in that range by the end of it based on his passion. Also, I'm not sure you can accurately guess the Contact C1 anyway? In theory they're uninformed so they could be anyone. 

Thanks for your thoughts! 

I understand how you got to Raven, but for the sake of convenience, would you mind focusing on someone in your POE with a higher post count? ie me or Drake. I'll also accept commentary on Stick or Nigel. Thoughts on the so far, even gut? 

Aman undermines their ability to push me the following cycle with that comment. Whereas you were already setting up an additional target, keeping your options more open. The latter approach reads as more strategic to me. 

I'd be okay voting Aman if it came to it though. Aman, consider yourself voted for in spirit 

Sart entering with a poke vote is a good look for them. As is them reconsidering it. Highly fakeable, but the one time I played with evil them I can remember, they broke that pattern. 

That's... A valid point about Nel tbh. But I also read their mattress story as being super genuine. I give people a lot of credit for having stupid reasons for their behaviour/not preparing reasonable lies to obvious questions. Same principle as my Drake read. 

tbh like why not.

last game implied that it’s probably better for elims to actually use the kill as a scan (for the insider) but the fact that they’re not (or the elim is exactly whoever said kas was the insider c1 probably implies something. idk what but it implies something. probably that they’re gonna try for brute overpower though. in that case it’s uhm. idk kinda futile to (i forgot words now so sentence fragment!)

i still think aman is town atm lol . lolme otherwise but idk. motions vaguely. he’s fine.

mmm explain more on sart? from what i saw last time he’s a bit hard to read so i’ve not rlly bothered except to get annoyed at the comic sans hatred

mildly funny that you say my mattress story is genuine when it’s a lie LOL. uhm. well i guess there’s truth to it but it’s probably safer to say there’s an analogy or metaphor there. though i guess i get the latter bit. idk it’s not something out of my e!range so shrug. (in fact it’s probably more likely in it)

i think i don’t want to vote you but i don’t want to vote stick either but i also am not running on a  lot of sleep 

@Stick.give me a name that isn’t archer for me to sheep a vote

archer

sighs so loudly.

24 minutes ago, neil the beguiled said:

tbh like why not.

last game implied that it’s probably better for elims to actually use the kill as a scan (for the insider) but the fact that they’re not (or the elim is exactly whoever said kas was the insider c1 probably implies something. idk what but it implies something. probably that they’re gonna try for brute overpower though. in that case it’s uhm. idk kinda futile to (i forgot words now so sentence fragment!)

i still think aman is town atm lol . lolme otherwise but idk. motions vaguely. he’s fine.

mmm explain more on sart? from what i saw last time he’s a bit hard to read so i’ve not rlly bothered except to get annoyed at the comic sans hatred

mildly funny that you say my mattress story is genuine when it’s a lie LOL. uhm. well i guess there’s truth to it but it’s probably safer to say there’s an analogy or metaphor there. though i guess i get the latter bit. idk it’s not something out of my e!range so shrug. (in fact it’s probably more likely in it)

i think i don’t want to vote you but i don’t want to vote stick either but i also am not running on a  lot of sleep 

archer

sighs so loudly.

At risk of pocketing myself, it's less the substance of the story, and more that rather than working within the boundaries of the game, you step outside of it. I feel like elims are more likely to construct reasoning relating to the game, not relating to random outside variables. Like mattress shopping. 

Don't put too much stock into my Sart read because it's a known tell that his pattern is usually to open with a clean poke vote. Would be okay pressuring there if you'd like. I actually didn't mind the Faire voting either just because they managed to avoid commenting on anyone I cared about ,which is frankly hard to do

Hi all anyway I dont understand the Archer flashwagon  but I got a worse impression of Neil from that so yeaeh thats that um the saying one thing doing another also like the whole mattress thing like what anyway Ive got class in a minute but Im just popping in quick cause I dont know if Ill make it on tonight Ill reread last cycle and stuff 

43 minutes ago, neil the beguiled said:

Sart

I want it on record that Archer is very much playing like the Insider lol. The strength of each of his village reads feels stronger than the provided justifications should warrant, and the sheer amount of village reads he’s been handing out is suspect. It really just looks like a lost wolf being extra careful to not accidentally push his teammates. Read Archer’s posts from today: he explicitly states thinly-supported village reads on Aman, Sart, Neil, Drake, and JNV. This only leaves Faerie, Raven, Royal, and myself. Look at this group. It consists of players who elims would be pushing if they aren’t on the elim team and one obvious villager (me). And of course he’s put me in a difference check with Royal and is currently pushing me. 

I don’t know if that makes sense outside of my head, but to me it looks like the insider playing a careful game to avoid pushing elims he isn’t aware of. 

The alternative is that the group <Sart, Neil, Drake, Aman, JNV> contains the 2 other people in a doc with Archer and he needed reasons to village read those 2 people but forcibly threw in a bunch of randos in the pool as well to make it less obvious. 

Either way I’ll eat my shoe if archer is a villager without doc access. 

11 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

oh one thing I just remembered

I do think Aman may have been a bit overly generous with earlygame trust reads

maybe that's projecting paranoia but I feel a genuine villager is usually a little more reluctant to throw like 4 people in the 'good for now' bucket just on arrival

so yes that is 1 semi-concrete reason for the Aman read

"Good for now" literally meant for that cycle lol, aka people I wouldn't vote C1

Anyway back to catching up

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Aman undermines their ability to push me the following cycle with that comment

Did I? Archer. It was a thought I had but not one that I would bet money on. Was mostly hoping for someone to weigh in at the moment. I like the Insider!Archer theory tbh

One more thing. I retrieved a name from the Insider but I'm not voting them for now. Would rather see how they behave the rest of the cycle. Will probably drop the name before today ends in case they kill me

Edited by Amanuensis

1 hour ago, JNV said:

Hi all anyway I dont understand the Archer flashwagon  but I got a worse impression of Neil from that so yeaeh thats that um the saying one thing doing another also like the whole mattress thing like what anyway Ive got class in a minute but Im just popping in quick cause I dont know if Ill make it on tonight Ill reread last cycle and stuff 

Dangit, I was hoping you'd be filter killed. If you're theorizing the wagon on me is sus, then why are you hitting the person defending me?

1 hour ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

do we want to take out the insider? i cant remember- also, my vote on neil stays.

Yes we do. I can't believe you don't know that, everyone knows th-

46 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

One more thing. I retrieved a name from the Insider 

okay, almost everyone knows that :P. 

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

Dangit, I was hoping you'd be filter killed. If you're theorizing the wagon on me is sus, then why are you hitting the person defending me?

Yes we do. I can't believe you don't know that, everyone knows th-

okay, almost everyone knows that :P. 

.... Seems sus there tbh.

Oh yea btw the kas kill points away from JNV being one of the regular elims just ftr

archer I think it’s obvious why JNV thinks Neil comes off sus in light of how the eod went down. Regardless of whether I actually agree with it, I think their point is followable there if you look at Neil’s reads vs Neil’s votes, like I pointed out earlier. And you obviously do know this is exactly why JNV came to that conclusion so I don’t like you questioning it like that lol and pretending you don’t get it 

Archer

this is me for the cycle probably cya

1 hour ago, Amanuensis said:

"Good for now" literally meant for that cycle lol, aka people I wouldn't vote C1

Anyway back to catching up

Did I? Archer. It was a thought I had but not one that I would bet money on. Was mostly hoping for someone to weigh in at the moment. I like the Insider!Archer theory tbh

I know, but it still looked like overcredencing 😔

One more thing. I retrieved a name from the Insider but I'm not voting them for now. Would rather see how they behave the rest of the cycle. Will probably drop the name before today ends in case they kill me

You're doing this on purpose >>

I think I'm going to help Aman bus Archer.

Vote Tally
Stick. (3): Archer, RoyalBeeMage, Sart
Archer (3): Amanuensis, Stick., DrakeMarshall
neil the beguiled (2): JNV, TheRavenHasLanded
TheRavenHasLanded (1): Faerie Braids

Wait a second, now I'm mixing the names up again lol. I meant I like the theory Archer is the lone wolf. I do not think he has doc access

6 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I know, but it still looked like overcredencing 😔

I could probably go back and see later tonight the reasons why I felt that way. But no, e!me usually avoids giving v!reads early game, let alone reads at all (hence last game)

Ultimately I think I have lone wolf potential but no, I am not in the doc regardless of my alignment

Edited by Amanuensis

2 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

do we want to take out the insider? i cant remember- also, my vote on neil stays.

yes and also why?

lol

sure i’ll follow sart

anyways idk uhm. stick im ngl i assume that insider would rather stalinpost than give free villa reads. you could see how when i played it that like. okay sure defended aeo, but i also tried to throw my weight around and shade people and push more than i would otherwise. thus it’s like. eh idk if that’s a maf play yk?

To explain further, it makes no sense for doc!Aman to claim Contact. It would become obvious if I don't get killed early, so that means there are 3 possibilities:

- Lone wolf baiting NK to prove I'm unkillable / elim to my teammates

- Vanillager doing PR cover

- Contact making it look like I'm doing PR cover

Just now, neil the beguiled said:

yes and also why?

lol

sure i’ll follow sart

anyways idk uhm. stick im ngl i assume that insider would rather stalinpost than give free villa reads. you could see how when i played it that like. okay sure defended aeo, but i also tried to throw my weight around and shade people and push more than i would otherwise. thus it’s like. eh idk if that’s a maf play yk?

well, now im not sure, since you just gave your strategy for insider, Neil Sart

also, lets not forget that insider flips as regular constabulary.

13 minutes ago, neil the beguiled said:

yes and also why?

lol

sure i’ll follow sart

Reminder that the insider this time does not know who the contact is 

12 minutes ago, Stick. said:

Reminder that the insider this time does not know who the contact is 

of course i know how my role works

i still think regardless i would expect stalinposting though >.> idk like. i’m not an archer expert but he seems! okay!

Edited by neil the beguiled

12 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Ultimately I think I have lone wolf potential but no, I am not in the doc regardless of my alignment

X (Doubt) 😔

29 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I could probably go back and see later tonight the reasons why I felt that way. But no, e!me usually avoids giving v!reads early game, let alone reads at all (hence last game)

I do think e!Aman learns his lesson and gives out early reads this time around, idk. Don't you tbh?

I apologize for not letting this go but well, I'm not convinced, wcyd.

10 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

To explain further, it makes no sense for doc!Aman to claim Contact. It would become obvious if I don't get killed early, so that means there are 3 possibilities:

- Lone wolf baiting NK to prove I'm unkillable / elim to my teammates

- Vanillager doing PR cover

- Contact making it look like I'm doing PR cover

No, I don't think that's quite it bro.

If vanillager doing PR cover is a serious possibility that you expect us to be able to see, then doc!Aman by definition becomes viable, because doc!Aman quite likely wants to look like a vanillager in the thread. I.. don't actually think that this is very complicated.

Aman we basically have the same kayana brain when it comes to gambits >>

Tbh I kind of think either you're being insincere with your explanation here or you have significantly different circumstances from mine leading to a significantly different perspective, and either of those is shorthand for us being on different teams most likely 😔

Maybe that's an unfair standard to apply, but, since when am I interested in being fair to Evil players 😔

22 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

X (Doubt) 😔

I do think e!Aman learns his lesson and gives out early reads this time around, idk. Don't you tbh?

I apologize for not letting this go but well, I'm not convinced, wcyd.

No, I don't think that's quite it bro.

If vanillager doing PR cover is a serious possibility that you expect us to be able to see, then doc!Aman by definition becomes viable, because doc!Aman quite likely wants to look like a vanillager in the thread. I.. don't actually think that this is very complicated.

Aman we basically have the same kayana brain when it comes to gambits >>

Tbh I kind of think either you're being insincere with your explanation here or you have significantly different circumstances from mine leading to a significantly different perspective, and either of those is shorthand for us being on different teams most likely 😔

Maybe that's an unfair standard to apply, but, since when am I interested in being fair to Evil players 😔

We can just agree to disagree at this point 😛 I don't think it's productive for me to engage with your tunnel further. Either I'll find out you're the second elim tomorrow or I won't and can work from there 

Ultimately this discussion is something we can have on C3 or C4. I am the Contact, whether or not you believe it, so if I don't die I'll be able to prove it, and if I do die then there ya go. My slot is solved 😛

4 hours ago, Stick. said:

Sart

I want it on record that Archer is very much playing like the Insider lol. The strength of each of his village reads feels stronger than the provided justifications should warrant, and the sheer amount of village reads he’s been handing out is suspect. It really just looks like a lost wolf being extra careful to not accidentally push his teammates. Read Archer’s posts from today: he explicitly states thinly-supported village reads on Aman, Sart, Neil, Drake, and JNV. This only leaves Faerie, Raven, Royal, and myself. Look at this group. It consists of players who elims would be pushing if they aren’t on the elim team and one obvious villager (me). And of course he’s put me in a difference check with Royal and is currently pushing me. 

I don’t know if that makes sense outside of my head, but to me it looks like the insider playing a careful game to avoid pushing elims he isn’t aware of. 

The alternative is that the group <Sart, Neil, Drake, Aman, JNV> contains the 2 other people in a doc with Archer and he needed reasons to village read those 2 people but forcibly threw in a bunch of randos in the pool as well to make it less obvious. 

Either way I’ll eat my shoe if archer is a villager without doc access. 

I was operating under the assumption that I was fairly readable as being a villager. But this feels legit. An elim would be watching for Insider candidates (and trying to save them, which opens up a can of TMI with the voting but whatever).

I don't feel like e!Stick has the confidence that everyone else is e!reading me if they are faking their read, which means they don't pull out this argument.

And if e!Stick is genuinely evil reading me, then they'd want to save me. 

stick

44 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Bro my condolences but you're Evil 😔

You don't get to tell me I'm tunneling 😔

Anyone who isn't Aman want to tell me I'm tunneling on Aman?

Claiming village cred for gambiting isn't villagery

2 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

You don't get to tell me I'm tunneling 

I do when you're (from my PoV) objectively wrong and none of your reasons make a lick of sense to me 😛

2 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Bro my condolences but you're Evil

Here's the core of my issue. When people say "You are X" with 100% certainty, regardless of whether or not it's true, is not comprehensible to me in the slightest. Especially when one of your "points" was that I overcredenced a few village leans C1 (in the same post I said for now, indicating I will revisit those slots later). The point I'm making here is I'm not certain, and have not once indicated any certainty, on a single players alignment. But you argue that I did and that makes me elim, which is just not factually true.

Add on the fact that I am Village, and your insistence I'm not based on faulty reasoning, makes the situation doubly frustrating 😛 hence me saying I don't want to engage with you on myself further and let my slot resolve itself.

ED1T:

For furtherest clarity, this is why I see your approach on me as a tunnel. You've insisted multiple times that it's true, and not allowed yourself any room for being wrong. Any rebuttal I provide has only been met with further rebuttals, and from my PoV it looks like you're twisting things in knots to support your conclusion, and not truly in furtherance of figuring out my slot.

Edited by Amanuensis