If it's Faerie, I'm absolutely done with the arrogant vanity votes that were cast last cycle. Yet again.

Ffs people. We had one bloody job but no, we couldn't converge in time because why keep Stick alive?

I'm not spending more time on this.

Kasimir

Consider this a protest vote.

• |TJ| changed the title to QF70: Observation Report 3 - Kleptoparasitism
4 hours ago, Kasimir said:

If it's Faerie, I'm absolutely done with the arrogant vanity votes that were cast last cycle. Yet again.

Ffs people. We had one bloody job but no, we couldn't converge in time because why keep Stick alive?

I'm not spending more time on this.

Kasimir

you just voted for yourself. why? i would like to know your reasoning.

8 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

you just voted for yourself. why? i would like to know your reasoning.

Why are you asking me when I gave you my reasoning already:

We got off a cycle where people vanity-voted, cast idgaf votes, and Faerie's now claiming Insider. Once again, we deal with the scourge of vanity and IDGAF and "oh look at how Village I am" votes - what the f is the fing point of it?

Keeping Stick alive should've been the goal and no one even bothered to converge early despite Stick pointing out the need for early convergence. I'll accept some blame for getting on at 5AM and not thinking to tell Stick to just vote Neil in the doc and pray.

We have lost games because people were being so demonstrative they didn't bother to secure an exe. If your priorities as a Villager are looking like a Villager to everyone and not actually helping your team, I dgaf, you have lost the fing plot because your priorities are fing skewed. In light of all this BS, I don't really care to continue to play seriously anymore. I'm voting myself in protest because if the best y'all can offer is "Oh let's vote Drake and not bother to solve and just assume Neil was the Insider ig", then why should I waste more time on this?

If that level of commitment is acceptable, so is my self-voting. Don't like it? Vote for me. Your vote is as valid as mine, and all playstyles are valid and my current playstyle is 'wtaf, idgaf anymore' 🙂

Edited to add:

You yourself asked what was the reasoning behind the Neil push - loitering, for the most part, which is a charge that could be levelled against Alv, against Faerie's dgaf vote, against Aeo as well. I don't remotely think Neil was a hit and in any case it was so poorly-discussed that believing this is a hit and arrogantly proceeding to go on is like closing your eyes and whistling because thoughts and prayers win the game.

I'm not angry because we've probably lost - I'm angry because this was foreseeable and no one even fing bothered to try.

2 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Aha, so stick as an elim was a valid fear. oh, and it turns out Kas was elim. my joke was a poke, which chained into this.

What the f is the goddamned point of signing up for a bloody game if you won't read the bloody rules.

On 2/2/2024 at 9:53 AM, |TJ| said:

Informant:  
You have embedded yourself deep undercover inside the Octet. You have access to the Octet doc. You can talk with the Octet members, but caution is recommended. If you’re revealed to be the mole, death is assured. In addition, you maintain the flow of information about the organization to the Constabulary through the Contact. You can send the identity of 1 Octet member to the Contact per cycle via the GM. On death, you are revealed as a regular Octet member. You also have access to Rat Extermination but only until you are the last member alive in the Octet doc. 

Come, I make this bigger for you.

Drake has claimed Elim. There is pretty much no fing world Stick flips red but is still goddamned Evil unless you think Drake is this role on to some bloody goddamned scheme. Stick was one half of the fking Village losscon and I'm still not over the fact we let her die.

Personal paranoias and 'fear' does not a goddamned gamestate make. "Wouldn't it suck if X were Evil" does not make X Evil. If this were true, then all we had to do was wish really hard and click our heels and exe Neil to win the game.

Just now, Kasimir said:

What the f is the goddamned point of signing up for a bloody game if you won't read the bloody rules.

Come, I make this bigger for you.

Drake has claimed Elim. There is pretty much no fing world Stick flips red but is still goddamned Evil unless you think Drake is this role on to some bloody goddamned scheme. Stick was one half of the fking Village losscon and I'm still not over the fact we let her die.

Personal paranoias and 'fear' does not a goddamned gamestate make. "Wouldn't it suck if X were Evil" does not make X Evil. If this were true, then all we had to do was wish really hard and click our heels and exe Neil to win the game.

.... Kas... Im sorry. i had no brain cells. But please, calm down? please? I know that this is frustrating, but im trying.

2 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

.... Kas... Im sorry. i had no brain cells. But please, calm down? please? I know that this is frustrating, but im trying.

Sigh. Sorry Raven. Should not be taking out my general frustration at craptastic play from the Village at you personally.

Anyway I'm going to vote Drake. I really want us to lose this because the Village collectively bollicked this up at least twenty ways and I'm still so bloody mad at all the vanity voting, wanking, and posturing, none of which involved paying attention to our one wincon. I'm also mad as hell that we're legit arrogantly deciding Neil can be Evil so we don't need to do any further assessment or thinking, just #thoughtsandprayers.

But anyway if I don't, Drake will absolutely take the chance to hammer and then we get a fun cointoss to see if the Elims sans Drake get to keep a clean slate after all, so whatever. I wash my hands off the results.

Just now, Kasimir said:

Sigh. Sorry Raven. Should not be taking out my general frustration at craptastic play from the Village at you personally.

Anyway I'm going to vote Drake. I really want us to lose this because the Village collectively bollicked this up at least twenty ways and I'm still so bloody mad at all the vanity voting, wanking, and posturing, none of which involved paying attention to our one wincon. I'm also mad as hell that we're legit arrogantly deciding Neil can be Evil so we don't need to do any further assessment or thinking, just #thoughtsandprayers.

But anyway if I don't, Drake will absolutely take the chance to hammer and then we get a fun cointoss to see if the Elims sans Drake get to keep a clean slate after all, so whatever. I wash my hands off the results.

.... imma follow you. Drake Kasimir

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

.... imma follow you. Drake Kasimir

Just make your own decisions please. I don't need you to follow me, I appreciate you are trying and the trying is more important to me, which is why I shouldn't be frustrated with you particularly.

Last Thoughts:

Faerie has not been cced. With the Informant (Stick) dead, this means that the slate of candidates for Insider have dropped to: <Faerie, Neil, JNV.> I will argue there are only a thin slice of worlds in which the Insider shouldn't cc, since the Insider basically can win the game in this cycle for the Elims.

I am not ruling out JNV. I semi want to, but in light of JNV's last cycle, I think JNV could be Evil. I still have some doubts, but it is also possible I am tilted af by JNV's vote last cycle.

Faerie is our claimant, but also claimed last cycle to be preparing a gambit. No strong read - AG indicates E!Faerie has little interest in followthrough which is why I leaned E on her among other factors.

Last option is Neil, who is dead. In Insider!Neil world, we win by killing Drake right now. (Arguably we probably should go Drake to hedge for this world, because either way in V!Neil worlds, we are still committed to a longer slog anyway.)

There's a slender set of subworlds in which the Insider has decided they aren't sure if Drake will shoot right and have decided to take the slightly less risky PtV -> get Drake exed -> get the NK, kill the Contact. I lean against this because it drags things out one more cycle and risks that we won't shoot the Insider.

-V!Raven (Stick mistake felt natural?)
-V!Alv (really annoyed with having to make this read but here we go)
-V!Sart

Maybe lean V on Aeo - liked her interactions this cycle, and Royal had a nice agendaless C1 which makes me think the final pool is in:

<JNV, Faerie> if not Neil.

I bluffed being the Insider, but on further reflection, I think I may just be clouding things further. I don't really know what the next step is from here. Can the elims NK themselves? If so, we have two rounds, at most, until the village loses.

Why are you asking me when I gave you my reasoning already:

We got off a cycle where people vanity-voted, cast idgaf votes, and Faerie's now claiming Insider. Once again, we deal with the scourge of vanity and IDGAF and "oh look at how Village I am" votes - what the f is the fing point of it?

Keeping Stick alive should've been the goal and no one even bothered to converge early despite Stick pointing out the need for early convergence. I'll accept some blame for getting on at 5AM and not thinking to tell Stick to just vote Neil in the doc and pray.

We have lost games because people were being so demonstrative they didn't bother to secure an exe. If your priorities as a Villager are looking like a Villager to everyone and not actually helping your team, I dgaf, you have lost the fing plot because your priorities are fing skewed. In light of all this BS, I don't really care to continue to play seriously anymore. I'm voting myself in protest because if the best y'all can offer is "Oh let's vote Drake and not bother to solve and just assume Neil was the Insider ig", then why should I waste more time on this?

If that level of commitment is acceptable, so is my self-voting. Don't like it? Vote for me. Your vote is as valid as mine, and all playstyles are valid and my current playstyle is 'wtaf, idgaf anymore' 🙂

Edited to add:

You yourself asked what was the reasoning behind the Neil push - loitering, for the most part, which is a charge that could be levelled against Alv, against Faerie's dgaf vote, against Aeo as well. I don't remotely think Neil was a hit and in any case it was so poorly-discussed that believing this is a hit and arrogantly proceeding to go on is like closing your eyes and whistling because thoughts and prayers win the game.

I'm not angry because we've probably lost - I'm angry because this was foreseeable and no one even fing bothered to try.

I am sorry for everything I may have done to contribute to this. If the goal is for us all to have fun, we seem to have failed in that regard.

Kas, I hope you have calmed down a bit and I'm sorry to say that this post will likely set you off again but...

Sticks death is purely on Stick.  Sart offered the 'kill everyone' plan to find the Insider, I offered myself to Stick if they couldn't decide who to kill.  Stick chose to have the kill on whomever got the most votes which was the worst choice to make of the three on offer.  There is almost always a last minute flurry of votes at this stage of the game.  We all know this.  Between that and Sticks natural indecisiveness, this result was all but guaranteed.  My own vote, which I had to do due to filter, was on someone without a vote.  That was by choice.  I could've tied it up.  I wanted to tie it up! But I chose to vote on someone else in the hopes to help Stick.  Could I have voted on Neil to make the margin bigger? sure but I didn't want to.  My vote should not be the deciding factor where the elim kill goes.  No vote should!
For whatever reason, the fact is that Stick did not place their order.  Unless they placed it on Drake but that would be even worse than not placing an order at all.
I like Stick.  I love playing with Stick. But their death is their own fault!

Now then, Drake. I do believe it's time for you to die.