Long Game 97: Midnight Whimsy

Szeth_Pancakes

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

Actual post:

What makes you say that?

Assumption alert! Not a proven fact! We have NO idea :D. :D. :D.

..What does that even mean? Of course it is. It's red. Our wincon is killing them. That's an elim faction.

That is the definition of blackout, actually :P.

Yes but also reads and finger pointing and blaming is the whole pooooooint

ONLY if it's a role not specifically mentioned in the known rules. RBers and protectors, do not claim.

@Frustration what did you claim I forgot :p.

I mean what's stopping the elims from complaining out a person every cycle if all our actions charges get reset anyways

Red does mean elim most of the time but hey look we never learned what their actual wincon is 

If anyone is red please claim red so we can all save our mental healths

Finger pointing and blaming will get you nowhere in a world with out time

RC thus far: 

Spoiler

Aeoryi claimed vote manip (2)

TKN claimed a kill role (4 charge)

Someone claimed RB

That's all

24 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

TKN claimed a kill role (4 charge)

Oh yeah that was super sus I forgot he did that lol

Edit:

24 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

I mean what's stopping the elims from complaining out a person every cycle if all our actions charges get reset anyways

I assume complaints can't go through if nothing else does.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Hi Im alive or at least no one told me Im dead yet so Im taking that as alive  anyway

49 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

- I still have one charge of investiture, despite being told I tended the tree again

Listen right its Day 3 again top of Day 3 so as far as I can tell if you submited an action top of an old D3 it just disappears like I had things going on and nope no things going on

32 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Well I tried using my complaint last D3 and when I asked the GM I hadnt gotten it back magically so thats a thing

5 minutes ago, JNV said:

Well I tried using my complaint last D3 and when I asked the GM I hadnt gotten it back magically so thats a thing

The GM did say not to trust them? :P. Who’d you use it on? Was it the first complaint you’ve casted this game?

The GM did say not to trust them? :P. Who’d you use it on? Was it the first complaint you’ve casted this game?

Well there werent any emoticons on the repsonse so I kinda assumed it was safe going but hm maybe I was wrong anyway I kinda just chucked it on Frustration cause I saw other pepole were sayingto do that and yeah first complaint I kidna forgot about the first one 

12 minutes ago, JNV said:

Well there werent any emoticons on the repsonse so I kinda assumed it was safe going but hm maybe I was wrong anyway I kinda just chucked it on Frustration cause I saw other pepole were sayingto do that and yeah first complaint I kidna forgot about the first one 

Other people being just Araris, I was against complaining myself. Did you mean to vote Araris in your last post last turn? I couldn’t tell.

Other people being just Araris, I was against complaining myself. Did you mean to vote Araris in your last post last turn? I couldn’t tell.

I mean I tried I guess I messed up the color code whatever but I guess it didnt matter anyway cause we repeated the turn 

1 minute ago, JNV said:

I mean I tried I guess I messed up the color code whatever but I guess it didnt matter anyway cause we repeated the turn 

Just trying to figure out why you tried to vote Araris and also sheeped his Frustration complaint ig

Okay @Frustration filter dodging doesn’t count as posting @STINK can you start playing now @The Known Novel this is now the third D3 and I would very much like to see this drastic content increase I keep hearing about

everyone else keep on talking, it makes the game winnable. A silent game is an elim victory.

Just trying to figure out why you tried to vote Araris and also sheeped his Frustration complaint ig

Listen I can want a guy dead and also want another guy dead and those guys can want each other dead too and that makes perfect sense like do I think theyre evil together no do I think both of them have a decent chance at it yeah sure so like yeah 

14 minutes ago, JNV said:

Listen I can want a guy dead and also want another guy dead and those guys can want each other dead too and that makes perfect sense like do I think theyre evil together no do I think both of them have a decent chance at it yeah sure so like yeah 

My theory was that e!Araris was trying to get an extra complaint death though

Like in no world does e!Araris complaint bus e!Frustration

I guess if you're postulating that only one of them is evil that works. Which was Araris' whole math, actually :P.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

15 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Matrim :P

I'm honestly not having fun playing the same turn over and again. So feel free to exe me today. Who knows, maybe it will stick.

Same. Maybe we should bring this to the IM. 

3 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I'm pretty sure we've talked this game to death already, so I'm thinking maybe I'll spend this cycle doing some RP.

Good idea

1 hour ago, JNV said:

What

26 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Nah. I mean, we signed up for this. Blackouts always have a huge “play at your own risk” sign. 

at this point we aren't even playing

Let me compile a list of things we know 200%

Spoiler

1. You may submit a complaint in your GM PM. 3 complaints remove a player. 

2. Complaints take 2 cycles to refresh

3. Any player may tend the tree as their action slot. This will give then a charge of investiture the next turn. Repeated cycles do not count.

4. Any player may pass a single charge of investiture to another player. This takes your action slot.

5. A mindmage may use 2 investiture charges to move any vote anywhere. This does not cost your own vote. Must be during day.

6. The fighter mage can Role-block a person yatta yatt yatta

7. Non-affected win when the affected are dead...

8. Affected win when non affected are "defeated'. Pafo on explanation

9. This is blackout

10. There is a majority exe on day turns. Day 3 exe's do not affect the next D3.

11. Szeth_pancakes has already been complainted against 3 times. You cannot lodge anymore complaints against the GM

12. The GM does not provide VC's as of D3v2

13. The GM can be voted. The GM is a valid vote target

14. RP driven play is encouraged

15. Complaints are not a community moderation tool.

16. The dead cannot speak. 

17. Day 3 seems to be timelocked. At the end of d3 turn it resets back to as it was n2 -> d3. Complaints are an exception to this system.

18. Non-afflicted exist. The afflicted have not been confirmed as existing.

19. There are no rp writeups as of D3.

20. PMs are open

21. Removing a player kills them the next writeup.

Stuff we don't know but can assume:

Spoiler

1. Afflicted exist

2. The GMis weird in writeups.

3. Do not trust anything Szeth says. 

4. Complaints bypass timelocked cycles

5. Flips are accurate

uh yeah that all for tonight i really need to decide some stuff

6 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Cool thanks

Araris

Matriam's dice

Matriam's dice

News update! 

I got root canals! (Which is basically removing the nerve from a tooth and sealing the hole. Very painful. Would not recommend) So yeah! Fun stuff!

Also, thx szeth <3

Also, how does SE RP work? Someone teach me, wise one

Welp, at least we can do more experimentation with 24 hr turns

So, my complaint got used up when I complained at Exp. However, I did also recieve a clarification that complaints will get used up if you use them on invalid targets (I think someone had said something about this in the thread earlier as well?). 

In any case, voting for people clearly isn't working. We're just repeating the same day again and again. At least with complaints, they go through even with the time rewind. 

So far, we have complaints on 2 people (or was it 3?) 

Frustration (from Araris)

Exp (from me). 

Was there anyone else with a complaint on them? 

@Szeth_Pancakes Complaint laid on a player carry over across turns, right? 

I.e. if Araris complained at Frustration last turn, and 2 more people complain at Frustration this turn, then will Frustration hit the complaint limit of 3?

6 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

Matriam's dice

Matriam's dice

News update! 

I got root canals! (Which is basically removing the nerve from a tooth and sealing the hole. Very painful. Would not recommend) So yeah! Fun stuff!

Also, thx szeth <3

Also, how does SE RP work? Someone teach me, wise one

1. You spelled my name wrong

2. Why are you voting me?