Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

27 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

"It's okay, Lundyn. Just breathe."

When the embers appeared, she really had to work to sound calm. "Settle down. Getting worked up won't help."

Lundyn tried her best to even out her breathing as Aventine spoke to her, but the mob of people was scaring her. it was getting hard for her to ignore them.

3 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

At the appearance of the embers, the mob grew restless...more angry and more afraid at the same time. Voices started calling out, screaming for them to leave, and then there were dozens of them and the words yielded to an indistinguishable roar. Someone, then several someone's, started throwing rocks.

With each rock, Lundyn grew more and more upset.

2 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

@Cash67 @TheRavenHasLanded

"Please stop!" She let some of the rocks hit her intentionally. "We don't want to hurt anyone! I'll even let you guys take me prisoner if you want! Just let these guys go!"

"No!!" Lundyn grew restless, and finally, the tree caught fire, releasing her wing. She flew up, then went right back down, due to the injury on her wing.

1 minute ago, shortcake said:

Lundyn tried her best to even out her breathing as Aventine spoke to her, but the mob of people was scaring her. it was getting hard for her to ignore them.

"No!!" Lundyn grew restless, and finally, the tree caught fire, releasing her wing. She flew up, then went right back down, due to the injury on her wing.

"LUNDYN!"

Just now, shortcake said:

She hit the ground with a thud, her body going limp. She was barely conscious.

She went over as quickly as she could and shielded her with her own body, bleeding and bruised.

"Please, no..."

6 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She went over as quickly as she could and shielded her with her own body, bleeding and bruised.

"Please, no..."

holy jebidus I feel bad for causing this-

anyway-

Lundyn adjusted her body so she could face Aventine.

"I didn't mean to cause this... I'm so sorry," she was crying, but her tears were tinted purple (anger and guilt indication)

The sun flickered. (like how the lights flickered that one time in the clinic except its the ✨sun✨)

wait, weren't we supposed to wait for Cash?

@Cash67

Edited by shortcake

eh. forgotten-character-from-a-semi-active-user ex machina.

tortellini kicks open the door to the clinic, and runs in-between the mob and his... friends?, throwing down a spell, generating a protective shield. "bout time I showed up, eh?" he wisecracks, due to his writer having yet to figure out his character arc.

1 minute ago, Just_a_Fan said:

tortellini kicks open the door to the clinic, and runs in-between the mob and his... friends?, throwing down a spell, generating a protective shield. "bout time I showed up, eh?" he wisecracks, due to his writer having yet to figure out his character arc.

the mob is in Tal's world :)

"I didn't mean to cause this... I'm so sorry," she was crying, but her tears were tinted purple (anger and guilt indication)

The sun flickered. (like how the lights flickered that one time in the clinic except its the ✨sun✨)

She wrapped her arms around her and pulled her close. They cried together.

@Edema Rue

the mob is in Tal's world :)

tortellini looks at the rift in spacetime close behind him. "oh yeah... forgot about that..." he mutters, remembering his old teleportation amulet he found when he was a kid.

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

@Edema Rue

Lundyn's silhouette shifted, almost as if it were glitching somehow.

i'm thinking she can shift everyone back to the clinic (or wherever we were planning on going to next) but I'm waiting for Raven and Cash

like how Spensa does it

@TheRavenHasLanded @Cash67 @Edema Rue

3 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Lerac ignored the object, approaching Thaidakar further. He gave off his typical healing warmth.

Thaidakar didnt seem too much affected, beyond a slight twitch of his lip.

2 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"i dont know. i just followed tal and I came here to this madness. who are you and what do you want?" roy said the last part to thaidakar

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Thaidakar didn’t respond, encapsulated in the throes of his mental capability 

3 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm stepped back, uneasy. He began scanning the bar for another way out.

"That's a tough question."

The bar shook, sending bits of the ceiling down. Dust and gravel showered over Bookwyrm. 

“so you can’t answer,” Thaidakar said; and his voice quavered. “Reality is what is real. And then what is real?” He laughed bitterly. “My reality is what I make it.”

with a violent burst of red light, Bookwyrm was thrown out of Thaidakar’s mind and across the room.

Thaidakar rose into the air lethargically, red power flowing from his fingertips to snake through the air. The serpentine arrows circled around those in the room.

“I am reality.”

the light exploded around them, sending those in the room flying. Thaidakar shot through the door, flying through the hallway. 

1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

I’m glad that I’m fun to rp with!  Can’t wait to do more with you and all the others. It’s been exhilarating to come back to this old roleplay.

22 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She still let them hit her. "Please, please..." She fell to her knees, tears streaming down her face, repeating one word over and over.

21 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Jar Man falls over, bored.

20 minutes ago, shortcake said:

19 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

"LUNDYN!"

11 minutes ago, shortcake said:

@Cash67

9 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

@Edema Rue

5 minutes ago, shortcake said:

Lundyn's silhouette shifted, almost as if it were glitching somehow.

@TheRavenHasLanded @Cash67 @Edema Rue

Yeah um let's wait for Cash before doing anything else.

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

The bar shook, sending bits of the ceiling down. Dust and gravel showered over Bookwyrm. 

“so you can’t answer,” Thaidakar said; and his voice quavered. “Reality is what is real. And then what is real?” He laughed bitterly. “My reality is what I make it.”

with a violent burst of red light, Bookwyrm was thrown out of Thaidakar’s mind and across the room.

Thaidakar rose into the air lethargically, red power flowing from his fingertips to snake through the air. The serpentine arrows circled around those in the room.

“I am reality.”

the light exploded around them, sending those in the room flying. Thaidakar shot through the door, flying through the hallway. 

Me too!

...did you say what's on the paper?

6 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

“I am reality.”

Just before he made it out the door, Lerac grabbed him by the arm. Immediately, waves of that warmth coursed through him. It was the essence of life, healing and comforting.

This will heal anything physically wrong, and also is a comforting and grounding mental experience, though it can't directly fix anything there 

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, Edema Rue said:

XD

I do know, somewhat.

A few lines on the page stood out as it flew into the air from the burst. 

-will tell him today. He needs to know. For the safety of the clinic and for the safety of-

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Just before he made it out the door, Lerac grabbed him by the arm. Immediately, waves of that warmth coursed through him. It was the essence of life, healing and comforting.

Thaidakar's hand twisted, grabbing Lerac's wrist. A jolt of energy threw him back, or, at least, distracted him momentarily. Even as he did so, there was a mixed expression on his face, almost one of hesitation. Yet, as soon as it had appeared, it had vanished. 

3 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

-will tell him today. He needs to know. For the safety of the clinic and for the safety of-

Thaidakar's hand twisted, grabbing Lerac's wrist. A jolt of energy threw him back, or, at least, distracted him momentarily. Even as he did so, there was a mixed expression on his face, almost one of hesitation. Yet, as soon as it had appeared, it had vanished. 

The jolt of energy didn't seem to bother Lerac, and he held on. The energy continued flowing into Thaidakar. "What is it you want reality to be?"

5 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

The jolt of energy didn't seem to bother Lerac, and he held on. The energy continued flowing into Thaidakar. "What is it you want reality to be?"

How much can I have Thaid damage Lerac?

just wondering…

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

You can have him try as much as you want, but Lerac has the equivalent power of a minor god, and he can heal himself just as well as he can heal others. 

I don't know how powerful Thaid is though, maybe he could do something

21 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Tal frowned. The paper suddenly burst into flame, and he winced. Stop that.

Give me something better to do.

Get out of my head. Laughter. Tal grimaced. "Thaid?" He said out loud. "Bookwyrm? Can either of you hear me?"

24 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

“I am reality.”

Bookwyrm quickly jumped to his feet. He started to glow with blue and white light. He dashed out of the room and ran after Thaidakar.

He switched the direction forward to down, and started to fall. Bookwyrm soared down the hallway after his friend. As he fell, a thin sword made of blue metal, with a small disk of glass embedded where the hilt met the blade. It glowed with a soft light.

He sent another message towards Thaidakar's mind. What made you so disillusioned? You were once one of the most resolute men I knew.

Please. I want to help.

1 hour ago, shortcake said:

"I-I can't- t-there's a branch in my wing- Ave I'm scared... they're gonna hurt me..."

Small embers began to form around Lundyn, threatening to set the dry branches on fire. "I'm sorry, I'm not trying to-" as she spoke, more embers scattered around her.

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

"It's okay, Lundyn. Just breathe."

When the embers appeared, she really had to work to sound calm. "Settle down. Getting worked up won't help."

At the appearance of the embers, the mob grew restless...more angry and more afraid at the same time. Voices started calling out, screaming for them to leave, and then there were dozens of them and the words yielded to an indistinguishable roar. Someone, then several someone's, started throwing rocks.

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

@Cash67 @TheRavenHasLanded

"Please stop!" She let some of the rocks hit her intentionally. "We don't want to hurt anyone! I'll even let you guys take me prisoner if you want! Just let these guys go!"

They don't stop. The yelling gets louder. The rocks get bigger.

59 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She still let them hit her. "Please, please..." She fell to her knees, tears streaming down her face, repeating one word over and over.

58 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Jar Man falls over, bored.

57 minutes ago, shortcake said:

55 minutes ago, shortcake said:

She hit the ground with a thud, her body going limp. She was barely conscious.

48 minutes ago, shortcake said:

@Cash67

47 minutes ago, shortcake said:

46 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

@Edema Rue

36 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Gahhh just woke up

Once Lundyn fell, time seemed to move in slow motion for Pic. Rocks flew at Aventine, at him, striking glancing blows. Pic’s anger grew until all he heard was a deep thrum. Was it his voice? His imagination? The music drew him to action.

He knew he would survive these rocks, but what about the child? These people were about to move in and execute her for being stuck in a tree. It wasn’t fair. It never was, and it never would be, outside the clinic. Pics eyes followed a rock as it arced towards Lundyn’s unconscious body, and in that moment, Pic knew he had a choice to make.

He chose to break. 

Something in him snapped like an overused guitar string. He may have experienced this before, but he would not let this happen again to a mere child. He began to hum a thrumming tune; one of death, destruction, and justice. 

The mob saw the staves move from the tree to around Pic. They glowed red and enveloped his arms. Shadows followed Pic as he ran towards the rock The staves made it seem as if light was being sucked out of his very surroundings. He punched the rock, shattering it and scattering shrapnel in every direction. Pic’s face had a few cuts, but he didn’t notice the blood dripping down his nose and neck. Pic’s voice unleashed an unholy scream as he launched himself at the mob. Rocks shattered, pitchforks and bones alike snapped, and no injuries seemed to slow Pic down.

As he clawed his way through the mass, Pic was driven by a desire to protect. He would NOT let Lundyn be crushed. He would NOT let Aventine take any more scars than she already had. These people, however? They seemed to need a few scars. 

Anyway feel free to do stuff!

Edited by Cash67

11 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

14 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

46 minutes ago, shortcake said:

1 hour ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Her muttering continued.

You guys need to get out of here.

No s-, Sherlock.

Not now, Li. Ave, just let me have a little control.

Can't...

We're losing her...

Stay calm, all of you.

Tena-

Quiet.

Internal conversation continues along these lines. Keep going, you guys.

Also, sorry for the visual seizure.

Edited by Spark of Hope

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Aight, sounds like a plan.

Thaidakar swung Lerac into the ceiling by his arm, headfirst. He ripped his arm away from Lerac.

6 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal frowned. The paper suddenly burst into flame, and he winced. Stop that.

Give me something better to do.

Get out of my head. Laughter. Tal grimaced. "Thaid?" He said out loud. "Bookwyrm? Can either of you hear me?"

Thaidakar gritted his teeth, glaring at him as he was about to jump and fly off again.

5 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm quickly jumped to his feet. He started to glow with blue and white light. He dashed out of the room and ran after Thaidakar.

He switched the direction forward to down, and started to fall. Bookwyrm soared down the hallway after his friend. As he fell, a thin sword made of blue metal, with a small disk of glass embedded where the hilt met the blade. It glowed with a soft light.

He sent another message towards Thaidakar's mind. What made you so disillusioned? You were once one of the most resolute men I knew.

Please. I want to help.

Thaidakar rushed into Bookwyrm, slamming him into the wall.

”You have never known, nor do I wish you to know what I have gone through for millennia,” Thaidakar growled. “Imagine if the ones you loved most were killed again and again and again for an eternity. Imagine being abandoned over and over again. Imagine the unimaginable. I have caused pain, so much pain… let me go, Bookwyrm, let me go.”