Having a Bad Day? Stop here for a Good Rant!

traceria

I've just started school for this year and I have a ton of homework due tomorrow and this is the first week what is this not to mention the fact that I'm probably moving very far away very soon and gaaah

School starts for me on Tuesday, and I'm still not done with my summer work for AP Us history

Eek. :wacko: How far away (like, how many states if you don't want to say exactly where)?

Maybe four states, maybe 4,783 miles to the Marshall Islands. It depends.  :blink:

School starts for me on Tuesday, and I'm still not done with my summer work for AP Us history

Good luck with that!  ;)

Edited by Mistrunner

Maybe four states, maybe 4,783 miles to the Marshall Islands. It depends. :blink:

Yikes, that is far. I'm also going to be moving house soon too (granted, about 30 minutes away from where I am now) but I lived here my whole life (23yrs now) so i'm a little scared. That being said, I'm going traveling later this year, so i'm not sure what is more alarming :ph34r:

Do I sense a story here?

No story, unless you count the countless stories over the past months about Pacific Islanders being completely stranded after tropical storms completely knock out all services. They also say the El Niño has a 80% chance of happening which if it does would completely screw up the entire worlds weather system

Dear Mom,

"Because I won't be happy with you if you don't" is not a great argument for getting an eleven-year-old to wake up earlier. Stomping up the stairs and saying "By the way, your math is terrible" is not a good way to begin a conversation about pretty much anything. There are some wonderful mothers here on the Shard and I think you should talk to them.

Dear Mom,

"Because I won't be happy with you if you don't" is not a great argument for getting an eleven-year-old to wake up earlier. Stomping up the stairs and saying "By the way, your math is terrible" is not a good way to begin a conversation about pretty much anything. There are some wonderful mothers here on the Shard and I think you should talk to them.

Kaymyth. Phone Number. Now. Please

No story, unless you count the countless stories over the past months about Pacific Islanders being completely stranded after tropical storms completely knock out all services. They also say the El Niño has a 80% chance of happening which if it does would completely screw up the entire worlds weather system

On the bright side, El Nino screwing up the world's weather could be good news to some of the drought-stricken areas of the United States.  It may not be all bad.

Kaymyth. Phone Number. Now. Please

Eeek?

This actually describes my situation exactly.  I am stressing out a lot! :P

I have found that there is a depression in my ribcage on my left side, which makes it hard to breathe in without pain.  :(

And I have not slept well the entire summer, so goodbye (or not) to sleeping well for the next nine months! :angry:

My sister tried to commit suicide today.

She took 10g of Tylenol, but a friend found her and made her throw up and called paramedics. Words cannot describe the sadness that I feel that she is in a bad enough place to have done this and that me and her don't have enough of a relationship as to where I could have helped her. I really don't know what to do or what I can do.

Hopefully things are better tommorow, thanks for a place to get this out.

She took 10g of Tylenol, but a friend found her and made her throw up and called paramedics. Words cannot describe the sadness that I feel that she is in a bad enough place to have done this and that me and her don't have enough of a relationship as to where I could have helped her. I really don't know what to do or what I can do.

I am so, so sorry. Any idea what's been going on in her life for the past month or so?

The Sharders are here for support! (and spikes cookies!)

I am so, so sorry. Any idea what's been going on in her life for the past month or so?

She is just now getting out of high school and doesn't really know what to do with her life. Some of her friends are becoming junkies. I really don't know, she doesn't talk much about what's going on with her to me. My mom was trying to get a therapist to see her this past week but the therepist was doing something on that specific day. I wish I knew how to help, but I don't. This is the worst feeling I've ever felt.

Edit: I'm typing this as it becomes her 18th birthday. I'm so sad that people so young think that they are in a spot in their lives that this is their only option. Thanks for the kind words, I'm going to try to go to sleep.

Edited by Blightsong

She is just now getting out of high school and doesn't really know what to do with her life. Some of her friends are becoming junkies. I really don't know, she doesn't talk much about what's going on with her to me. My mom was trying to get a therapist to see her this past week but the therepist was doing something on that specific day. I wish I knew how to help, but I don't. This is the worst feeling I've ever felt.

Edit: I'm typing this as it becomes her 18th birthday. I'm so sad that people so young think that they are in a spot in their lives that this is their only option. Thanks for the kind words, I'm going to try to go to sleep.

Have you tried asking her? I think right now, if you have a good enough relationship with her, you should try to be the therapist right now, as best as you can. Is there anything you know of that rarely fails to make her happy?

Have you tried asking her? I think right now, if you have a good enough relationship with her, you should try to be the therapist right now, as best as you can. Is there anything you know of that rarely fails to make her happy?

I think a better approach would be to just let her know you're there for her, but not press her into talking. Let her know she's not alone.

Be there for her. Having been/being in this situation I can tell you that having someone just sit there is really helpful. Sometimes. Other times its better to give her some space. Just be sure to check on her regularly, but without seeming like you are checking on her.

Forcing someone, who has depression, to talk is not the best way to deal with it. Unless you know them well enough that you are able to see when they need to talk or need silence. 

I think a better approach would be to just let her know you're there for her, but not press her into talking. Let her know she's not alone.

Yes.