Great Houses - Interest, Sign-ups, and Planning

The Bookwyrm

7 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

I wish there was a way we could realistically implement full-on spying, but perhaps it's for the best that the Shard can't accommodate such a system

I...want this.

Maybe something like there are different levels of information, which is split up by levels of spoiler boxes, and then we have some algorithm or something that decides the likelihood of a spy getting a certain level of information vs. failing to do so vs. getting caught. Then each time they send a spy they just run the algorithm (dice roll?) and bam they know if they succeed or not. Ofc honor system would still be very important for this to work, but I'd hope that wouldn't be a problem.

2 hours ago, Experience said:

I...want this.

Maybe something like there are different levels of information, which is split up by levels of spoiler boxes, and then we have some algorithm or something that decides the likelihood of a spy getting a certain level of information vs. failing to do so vs. getting caught. Then each time they send a spy they just run the algorithm (dice roll?) and bam they know if they succeed or not. Ofc honor system would still be very important for this to work, but I'd hope that wouldn't be a problem.

What if we used a cipher?You could encrypt that stuff using a book cipher, and the person that’s allowed to spy gets to know the book 

just spitballing here

3 hours ago, Experience said:

I...want this.

3 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Yeah, that sounds like it would work. As long as we’re more honorable than honorspren.

1 hour ago, TheAlpha929 said:

What if we used a cipher?You could encrypt that stuff using a book cipher, and the person that’s allowed to spy gets to know the book 

just spitballing here

Trust me, too complicated. :P

Spying does exist naturallly. One can be in a group PM whilst secretly belonging to another group. Such was it in the days of the Alleyverse.

6 hours ago, Experience said:

I...want this.

I was considering this, but returned to the issue of preventing stats and numbers.

3 hours ago, TheAlpha929 said:

just spitballing here

I think encrypting information would be up to each individual RPer as is. 

Okay just a random idea cause I have ZERO idea whats going on. What if we put the information in a spoiler box in a different language. Like one nobody would know how to read and if your spying you can use a translator I guess? Just a random suggestion, again, no idea what im doing. 

I hear we're supposed to post our house to officially sign up, or something. So: Introducing House Durral!

They're squirrels! Kind of! With mecha robot exoskeletons! Sort of! And they're called riggets! If you steal their rocks, they will bite your face off.(Picture a squirrel driving a human sized robot body and you've pretty much got it)

My thing--

Spoiler

Planet: Astor

Spoiler

Earth-like, but fewer oceans + slightly drier landscape, generally, and pretty mountainous. Said mountains house a unique element that powers the rigget mechs and much of their other technology, dubbed durralium.

Government: Semi-Democracy

Spoiler

Their civilization is small enough to have one global government, with elected officials from each of their seven regions serving three Galactic year terms. These Counselors make the majority of the important decisions, though there is a Royal Family, and King and Queen, which passes through bloodline. The Royal Family add to the Council, though are not officially part of it, and have a decent amount of sway over most of what happens. Local, smaller leaders exist, but there is no formal election for them and they arise naturally and fall by popular demand (or by strongest wins).

Culture: Self-serving

Spoiler

They have a tendency for pettiness. Pro-alliance, but like to take more than they give. Self-serving in the sense that everything they do is for the direct gain of their smallish species. New to the galactic political front, comparatively, but even in terms of technology due to their durralium, which they keep a firm galactic monopoly on. No special customs or taboos of note.

Royal Family:

Spoiler
  • King Dyrian Durral – Tired and old, the King of Astor usually defers to his Council’s wisdom.
  • Queen Esmerelda Durral – Averse to conflict, the Queen of Astor stands by her husband’s side.
    • Crown Prince Anders Durral – Power-hungry and ambitious, the Crown Prince influences the Council in his favor as much as he possibly can. He dreams of a pure monarchy with himself at the head.
    • Prince Rian Durral – Too young to be of any political importance, the second prince openly sides with his brother but secretly despises him.

Council of Astor:

Spoiler
  • Supreme Counselor Tiana Clarian of Region IV – Head of the Counsel, severe and unforgiving.
  • Counselor Vincent Venas of Region I – Brash, yet highly intelligent.
  • Counselor Patrick Alliot of Region II – Headstrong and fair, doesn’t take any nonsense.
  • Counselor Esther Lomalli of Region III – Kind and lenient, sometimes overly so.
  • Counselor Sygness Nightmore of Region V – Quiet but imposing; commands attention.
  • Counselor Warren Epp of Region VI – Proud and fanciful, has the most elaborate mech.
  • Counselor Yahe Quellion of Region VII – Persuasive and emotional, leading with her heart.

My thing based on Fadran's thing--

Spoiler

House Name: House Durral

Administration Type: Democracy but also with a Monarch

Location & Territory: The planet of Astor

Cultural Gist: Feisty, self-serving, petty

Political Vantage: New but eager to grow

Primary Advantages (Resources, Political thisnthat, etc): Durralium

Recent History: Somewhat an inner power struggle between the Council and the Crown Prince, but the Council doesn't quite know it

Edited by Matrim's Dice

I imma do a thing.

let’s migrate our Houses to this here thread! (Mat, good on you). Please spoiler box them, like so:

Spoiler

I don’t actually have mine rn because I’m on mobile

But because reading through everyone’s massively complex Houses would take ages just to get through, let alone comprehend, I propose we all fill out this here House Synopsis Sheet to keep better track of things:

Spoiler

House Name:

Administration Type:

Location & Territory:

Cultural Gist:

Political Vantage:

Primary Advantages (Resources, Political thisnthat, etc):

Recent History:

I might update it now and again based on what stuff we need

Aight, here's House Scythz'r. I won't rp for the first good while, perhaps one or two communications for alliances and trading. 

Spoiler

House Name: House Scythz'r

Administration Type: ??? It's been going through mysterious changes in the background. Aka, to be discovered when the time comes.

Location & Territory: Skyirthora is their planet. The Scythz'rians took charge in a bloody revolution a century ago. They had a cultural shift about 75 years ago when they became more peaceful, that was before they shut off all communication with the outside.

Cultural Gist: They have many different religions on their planet. They're a primarily humanoid species on Skyirthora. Their race is the Sivians, humanoids with higher intelligence, strength, powers of speech, fairer skin, tall and slender. The most popular religion is one that worships their seven moons.

Political Vantage: In the hey day of House Scythz'r, they had many, many, many alliances all throughout the systems in the Galaxy. They were pushing for a better economical system between planets and an organized police force to keep the houses in line.

Primary Advantages (Resources, Political thisnthat, etc): They have a load of quality stone that they still trade to this day, but with no communication with those they're trading with beyond simple orders, payments, receiving, etc. They also have a lot of rare spices and minerals that they love and use in religious rites.

Recent History: The most recent history that people know of House Scythz'r is that it has been trading with people, but without real conversation. They've been giving stuff and receiving payments in the public eye, some trade deals in private, but nothing more that people would know of. They brought all of their people back to their planet in a summons. 

Spoiler

House Name: House Yaelar

Administration Type: Absolute Monarchy, switches rulers very often (because of assassinations), monarchy passes through whoever takes control.

Location & Territory: Planet Yaelar, a planet covered in 1-2 foot deep water. Has aquatic caves where Draa crystals grow. 

Cultural Gist: Self-Loving, dislikes other species, Crafty, quiet, conniving. They believe betrayal and cunningness are traits that will be blessed after death. 

Political Vantage: Get all the advantages, others are pawns in your game for power. If you have the worse part of a deal just break it. They will make deals and keep them very strongly as long as they have the better part. 

Primary Advantages (Resources, Political thisnthat, etc): Draa crystals (If they end up existing), another race enslaved beneath their rule, group of spies/assassins/hackers under rule, also a robotic army (not an advantage really, probably more a disadvantage if we learned anything from the Star Wars prequels). 

Needs/Wants (trade deals, resources): Metals, things to generate electricity, more Starships.

Recent History: House Yaelar came to rule 5 years ago and is the longest ruling monarch of the Ydras people. Recently they formed a robotic army (they use robots for most all work). A small rebellion of their slaves, the Hydif people, have formed. They don’t have resources to fight so it doesn’t matter. A group of extremist Ydras people have also formed and want to wipe out all other species. 

Edited by Ancient Elantrian

Here is a summary of my house.

Spoiler

House Name: Fiisoss

Administration Type: committee (senate kinda thing but they are all from the same nation).

Location & Territory: Kind of a swampy land, it is filled with koaws acid. They live in the swamps. They have one unsealed place and that is where the government centers.

Cultural Gist: They believe the one is either a warrior or a leader. Those who are born strong fight, and those that are born weak are part of the government. They also respect all positions and people. They also have a very high population.

Political Vantage: They love society based on respect and equal fairness and benifit. They also like to see people work together. Until they have to use their military.

Primary Advantages (Resources, Political thisnthat, etc): koaws acid works wonders as a fuel, but also gives huge edge when added to combat as, when weapons or bullets or whatever we are using is dipped or combined with it, they take out many form the battle with one touch. This gives them a very strong military precinse

Recent History: The have been United for centuries, as it is part of their nature.

Edited by ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

House Vitres

Spoiler

Fadran: House VitresJ_IcRX3a8jnkSY6XeU6zdvIwxyWBAtAxLkv1ZqIfuwwJJU106u29X_hDquy7COKjrdT6RUii3z9YAjAdGvcKLq2Z6S4qmojKLNodFg5fRDW2BDtDPktULyloTXwzHrzF6mwCuW-SRW1GKR746CzdgL4

Formed by the then-emperors of the mighty Zizheri race, House Vitres has integrated the wide array of belief and tradition into their clan. The philosophy of the House is to bind tradition together with innovation, so as to create a superior power bound by superior faith. The head of House Vitres is also the head of the Vitres faith, which goes by many names (for simplicity it will be referred to as Vitresm), granting them the title of Vitres-yore-Ha (“Ruler under God,” or sometimes just “The Demigod”).

To placate the Vaughadies and Lalanites, there’s officially an election for heirs to the Vitres throne, but of course his only serves to keep a few very specific people in power. The Vitres, of course, have their title passed from the head to a child decided by tournament (the details of which are determined by the head themself), and in return for this relatively easy ascension to power, the many distant cousins and corporate dynasties will maintain their positions for generations to come.

The Vitres Family: 

A married couple’s children take the title of the individual with higher status (or by agreement if otherwise), which in this case is the Vitres (“King”) name. The spouse adds ha-[name] to the end of their identity, in this case ha-Gi (“to Fearless”), and their children take the moniker do-[title] of their “lesser” parent. 

• Gi-Vitres-dira-Andai: “King Who Fears Not Blood.” The current king of House Vitres, and though he’s planning on staying around few a few more decades at least, his children are beginning to gear up for whatever the succession tournament is going to be. He’s a ruthless man with ruthless ideals, having come into his position by rite of bloodshed - his own father (Va-Vitres-toa-Lllandai, “King of Raging Fire”) had seemingly gone mad in his later days, and determined that the heir should be determined by combat to the death. Gi-dira slew two of his own sisters and one of his own brothers to secure his place as king. Currently age 74, crowned at 22.

• Halan-Jairo-ha-Gi: “Lady Moonlight’s Despair, to Fearless.” Gi-dira’s first wife, from House Jairo. She is so-named from her fate at birth to be married off to Va-Vitres’ heir, much to the woe of her family. Age 58, married at age 6 - as is customary, she would not bear Gi-dira’s children until the age of 16.

• Vaha-Vitres-do-Halanvai: “Dawn of Kings, from Moonlight.” She has spurned the idea of coming into the throne and turned her attention to becoming a doctor of medicine. She’s married a fellow nurse called Yai, but has hidden her children from record. Currently age 40.

• Gedi-Vitres-do-Halanvai: “Sun of Kings, from Moonlight.” He has taken the time to raise himself a small private army of mercenaries and Vitres-yore-Andin, vying for his father’s approval by staking a claim for himself on a small moon. Currently age 38.

• Po-Naiandai-ha-Gi: “Lady Serpent of Water, to Fearless.” Gi-dira’s second wife, from House Naiandai. She was Gi-dira’s first lover and bearer of his first child, who was adopted into the royal bloodline at his father’s crowning. Currently age 72, married to Gi-dira at age 20.

• Lllandai-Vitres-do-Naiandai: “Flame of Kings, from Water.” Gi-dira’s first son, though only officially recognized once he was crowned and his mother married. He’s the closest thing Gi-dira has to a child nurtured with actual love, and is everyone’s best guess for the heir to the throne. His wife has born him a single son. Currently age 56, adopted at the age of 5.

• Halal-Anwe-ha-Lllandai: “Flower of Crystal, to Flame.” Llandai-Vitres’ wife, and subsequently Gi-dira’s favorite daughter. Currently age 54, married to Llandai-Vitres as the age of 25

• Halal-Vitres-do-Anwe: “Flower of Kings, from Crystal.” The daughter of Llandai and Halal; Gi-dira’s granddaughter. Currently age 32.

• Lllardin-Vitres-do-Naiandai: “Ember of Kings, from Water.” The first legitimate son from Gi-dira and Po-Naiandai, and raised with almost as much love and care as his older brother. He has married several times. Currently age 51.

• Gere-Gere-ha-Lllardin: “Light of Light, to Ember.” Lllardin’s first wife. Currently age 33.

• Gere-Vitres-do-Gere: “Light of Kings, from Light.” Lllardin’s first daughter; Gi’dira’s granddaughter. Currently age 29.

• Reya-Vitres-do-Gere: “Shadow of Kings, from Light.” Lllardin’s first son; Gi-dira’s grandson. Currently age 28.

• Uindi-Jo-ha-Lllardin: “Helm of Shore, to Ember.” Lllardin’s first husband. Currently age 32.

• Yaii-Re-ha-Lllardin: “Heart of Shadow, to Ember.” Lllardin’s second wife. Currently age 28.

• Ji-Vitres-do-Re: “Mind of Kings, from Shadow.” Llardin’s second son; Gi’dira’s grandson. Currently age 6.

• Handaioi-Vitres-do-Naiandai: “Smoke of Kings, from Water.” Po-Naiandai’s last child, a girl who left the royal life with her husband to pursue a dream of spacefaring. Currently age 49.

• Arna-Ki-ha-Gi: “Lord Coral of Sky, to Fearless.” Gi-dira’s first husband, from House Ki. It was a political marriage that never really made any traction, but Gi-dira adopted the children of Arna-Ki’s consort to respect the arrangement. Currently age 60, married at age 20.

• Haini-Vitres-do-Ki-orei-Balandi: “Riverstone of Kings, from Sky and Forest.” The first of Gi-dira’s wholly adopted children. She’s been vying for a position in the clergy, which many suspect has to do with a certain monk that her child seems to resemble. Currently age 31.

• Iani-do-Haini: “Little Girl, from Riverstone.” Haini’s illegitimate daughter. Currently age 8.

• Blina-Vitres-do-Ki-orei-Balandi: “Feather of Kings, from Sky and Forest.” Arna-Ki’s second child, a boy, who has joined the Vitres-yore-Andin to assist his older sister Vaha. Currently age 28.

• Dina-Hahai-ha-Gi: “Lady Ice of Sunshine, to Fearless.” Gi-dira’s third wife, from House Hahai. As the king describes it, their relationship “burned bright and burned short.” Currently age 45, married at age 33.

• Ji-Vitres-Hahai: “Breath of Kings, from Ice.” Gi-dira’s last son, still continuing through law school for a degree that he really has no idea what to do with. Currently age 21.

• Yaik-Arwao-ha-Gi: “Lord Wind of Spirits, to Fearless.” Gi’dira’s second husband, from House Arwao. One of his closest friends and confidants, though not a father to any children. Currently age 29, married at age .

(How long did I spend on thi - TWO HOURS???)

(Religions Rundown from the race sheet):

• The Vaugheid-or (“of the Vaugheid”) are preservers of ancient tradition, practicing the rite of total concealment in their day-to-day lives. They wear clothing over every inch of their bodies, including masks over their faces and shawls over their heads. Many of its members (officially Vaugheid-or-Adis, though often shortened to Vaughadis) are less strict than the religion might suggest, with many sects preferring thinner clothing or allowing their hair to stay out. This religion is the most likely to perform ancient rituals and rites that have long since moved to obsolescence, and still worship a pantheon of gods while most everyone else only prays to one.

• The Lalanadan (“new sunrise”) are the opposite, and are easy to spot by their decided lack of masks and arm coverings. Most still wear stuff like shirts and pants everywhere (it’s practical). Some construe these counter-culturals to be something of anarchists, even though many still hold festivals for the Old God and even cover themselves in places believed to be sacred to other religions. Most are known as Lalanadanites, though will often find themselves shortened to just Lalanites.

• The newest religion to make it big is one that takes something of a middle ground, both revering the Old God and allowing partial exposure, but still often wearing masks and large clothing to conceal the majority of their own forms. In the rapidly-evolving political climate of wars and weapons, these individuals believe that only a happy marriage of tradition and adaptation can pave way for the Zizheri’s survival. It has no name yet, though often goes by the Vaugheid-in (“kindred of Vaugheid”), the Lalan-ve-Vau (“Sunrise aside the Vaugheid”), or occasionally just the Vitresm.

The Vitres-yore-Andin: “Bloodbearers under Kings.”

The most skilled and elite warriors under House Vitres. They wield all manner of weapons and armor, but are most well-known for their deadly chainwhips and masks emblazoned with flames.

And the Synopsis:

Spoiler

House Vitres

Administration Type: Absolute monarchy in theory, parliamentary monarchy on paper; somewhere between those two in practice.

Location & Territory: The Teisthein System consists of exactly three habitable planets. Ha-aikan-i is the homeworld and now-Capital of the Zizheri; from the surface it looks like a rocky wasteland, but underneath it has sprawling caves upon caves full of pretty crystals.

Cultural Gist: There's a heavy emphasis in tradition of concealing one's form and gaze with clothing, though the piety of this practice varies from person to person. There are three religions: the traditionalist Veigheid-or, the radicalist Lalanadan, and the middle-ground "ruling" faith of Vitresm.

Political Vantage: They're a very practical race and a very practical society, meaning they take to politics from a practical point of view. They fight for their allies and rake in as much power as they can get their hands on - reliable in a pinch, and a good neighbor to have.

Primary Advantages: The Vitres family charges an exceptionally skilled group of elite warriors called the Vitres-yore-Andin, renowned for their flame-emblazoned masks and terrifying chainwhips. In addition to this elite force, their homeworld's crystals are perfect for refining into Maxim fuel, although they often export them raw to their trade partners due to the expenses in refining them.

Recent History: Dunno yet. I suppose it will depend on who wants to be my ally. Also there's going to be a succession conflict soon-ish.

I'm still working on all the details, but I'll put this for now.

Spoiler

House Names: House Tayllar, House Zefour, & House Trxn

Administration Type: Somewhat like a democracy, as there is voting. But the higher political station you have, the more weight your vote has. There is a Council of Elders which includes 4 Elders from House Tayllar, 4 Elders from House Zefour, and the Eldest from House Trxn (whose vote has double the weight than the other Elders).

Location & Territory: These three houses live together on the planet Jropoux. This is a terrestrial planet, but there is very little water and air as the inhabitants need neither for survival. The center of civilization is found on a large plain that has a small river running through it. The planet is not very habitable for many other races/species, but it has a moon named Efur which is somewhat Earthlike because it has an atmosphere with air, and also water which is really important. There have been rumors of late that the Houses are going to turn Efur into a sort of refugee camp, where anyone is free to come and stay for however long they wish, even if it is during times of war. This is yet to be put into motion.

Cultural Gist: Art and creation are very highly favored in their society. Those with these vocations have more political influence than others. There are two races that inhabit Jropoux, and they can both modify the patterns on their skin. For this reason, clothing is rarely if ever used as their bodies are shown off as works of art. 

Political Vantage: House Tayllar and House Zefour are always fighting for political power, though usually through intrigue and not physical fighting. House Trxn doesn't have much political weight other than Farbel Gren, who is the Eldest. 

Primary Advantages (Resources, Political thisnthat, etc): These houses produce very skilled Creators of any kind: Artists, Architects, Engineers, ect. They want to have more power and resources, but they also have a drive to help those around them succeed as well.

Recent History: Within 20 years or so, the Elden Council became evenly divided between the two Houses in power. Farbel has been an Elder for decades, but recently became the Elder about 10 years ago. There haven't been any wars between the houses for much time, but here and there certain political leaders die mysteriously. Jropoux has a very prosperous economy, thanks to the fact that the two races need very little calories to survive so creations are used as a common commodity.

I would like to be added to the PM, if at all possible. :D

Also I would like to play a, uh... "up-and-coming" house.

Spoiler

House Name: ???? (Undecided as of the start of the RP)

Administration Type: Absolute totalitarianism/collectivism (it's a hive mind)

Location & Territory: ???? (They/it will start in an ally's system)

Cultural Gist: ???? (Not much of a culture at the start of the RP; there will be only one individual)

Political Vantage: None, as of the start of the RP

Primary Advantages (Resources, Political thisnthat, etc): Made of gray goop: consumes matter to replicate, can copy anything that has been assimilated

Recent History: Just spawned (Happy birthday!)

House Min'oTaar

•  

Spoiler

•  Race name: Min’oTaar

• World description: The world is made up of volcanoes that are always erupting and always spewing free lava that flows out and covers large portions of the planet. The Min’oTaars live inside caverns at the bases of the volcanoes. They use the lava to make forges and produce axes from it. The caverns not only house their people but it also houses their ships and other valuable tech

• General overview: Min’oTaars look extremely similar to minotaurs in our world (Tall, muscular, bull head, fast). There is one difference, the rich Min’oTaars wear highly ornamented gold tuxedos and the poor wear plain normal tuxedos. They are known for their calmness and control on their emotions even in strenuous situations. Long ago the Min’oTaars lived in two large clans. They fought long and hard over the large cavern with the biggest of their planets ships. Eventually the king of Taar and the queen of Min’o decided to set aside their past loathings and joined together. They became House Min’oTaar and worked together to become one of the largest ax production planets in the solar system.

• Modern Day Society: The Min’oTaars and ruled by almost absolute democracy. The king and queen both have absolute power unless the counsel of High Tezen simultaneously vetoes the king/queen's actions. There are ten members in the High Tezen including the two generals of the royal army & four high members and descendants of house Min’o and Tarr each. High society has decided to drop their differences for the greater good (politicianing and back stabbings). But there are small groups of peasants that hate members of the other clan. 

• Rankings: King/Queen, High Tezen, Tezen (normal politicians), Quardlac (middle class (forgers, servants, ect.)), & Alfalahen (peasants) 

• The Min’oTaars aren’t very intellectual in all things but one, war tactics. Most can’t read or write but many can expertly direct battles, though this doesn’t really help when they're alone on their own planet. But they want to be prepared just in case war breaks out so the Council elects Min’oTaars based on their intelligence in battle strategy. They have a game called Skakie (a super advanced version of chess) which they play in a tournament to determine the next king or queen. The counsel, if they decide simultaneously, can choose not to elect a king or queen even if they win the tournament. The Min'oTaars are extremely peaceful unless provoked and when they are provoked they have huge warriors with huge axes in huge armies.

• Political advantage: Sell big huge axes for money, provide armies for money, provide generals that are good at strategy for money