Long Game 94: The Call of the Forest of Hell

Elandera

Just now, Kasimir said:

No, I just figured that I don't have a soul but I have a vote again, so I can give you that as a replacement, right? :P 

I really need a soul so... Wait I don't even have a vote... Or a crossbow... Could you give me one?

Just now, The Last Fæ said:

I really need a soul so... Wait I don't even have a vote... Or a crossbow... Could you give me one?

If I had a crossbow, I would have given it to Alv or to Araris if I'm being honest.

If I want to put the fear of Death in the Elims, I give a crossbow to Alv, assuming he's Village. (Or Illwei this game I guess since I V read her.)

If I want to amuse myself, I give it to Araris because he's a bloodthirsty chullson and the idea of a murderous Pooh bear cocking a crossbow keeps making me laugh-

Just me?

No one else?

Huh. Guess I'm sick then.

1 minute ago, Kasimir said:

If I had a crossbow, I would have given it to Alv or to Araris if I'm being honest.

If I want to put the fear of Death in the Elims, I give a crossbow to Alv, assuming he's Village. (Or Illwei this game I guess since I V read her.)

If I want to amuse myself, I give it to Araris because he's a bloodthirsty chullson and the idea of a murderous Pooh bear cocking a crossbow keeps making me laugh-

Just me?

No one else?

Huh. Guess I'm sick then.

You're not alone. I feel fear from them (I think they may already have one...).

26 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Don't let me stop y'all from joining the Archer-da-fé and I for one greatly support it, but - it's not even near Rollovet yet and y'all want to mega-train? Seriously? What we gonna do with half the Day?

It's just three votes though? 

And is Araris the person you claimed to, to bait an attack?

2 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

It's just three votes though? 

And is Araris the person you claimed to, to bait an attack?

Sorry. Wasn't paying close attention, I somehow thought there was already four or five. I'm on low-effort COVID mode now. (D1 has still not been done, I spent all day sleeping. Now that I no longer need to keep up the 'image' of high-octane all engines blazing Kas to draw two to three consecutive kills I'm just crashing hard...)

Yeah but I'm not fully sure he's Evil right now. But...you know. LG93. I give you guys a lot of benefit of the doubt. You know this.

I go back and forth about him. What I'd say is this: I do think choosing to hit me specifically is a choice. Because E!me would've not gone for the guessing game between Kas and Devo - too risky to miss yet another kill since there's a 50% chance of a Lurch that burns through resources on the DK. Elims win by outnumbering so it's a numbers game. Plus I personally thought I overacted just a tad.

I don't think just any player would still insist on repeating the control kill. I'd honestly thought/expected to see a fringe player kill, or a kill on say, Illwei/DeTess etcetera. One reason I could see the insistence on it would've been if Araris didn't want to take the risk - I do know he's insanely flexible about his Elim doctrine, but I also know that he doesn't like to mess around with scans when Evil.

That being said, Araris is also very savvy and let's be real, we've had a history of PMing since AG8 by this point, across different alignments and the same ones. (Aww wow this now sounds sentimental I assure you it's not.) We've BSed each other a few times and he probably knows by now when I'm pulling one. It's just as possible he didn't find the Glowpaste claim convincing and so if Evil would've advised against the strike on me. Am I giving him more slack again? Probably. But for me, the bait was less about necessarily making the test under circumstances that would find an Elim and more about trying to improve the odds that I'd get hit, and so another Villager's life would be saved for another Day.

1 hour ago, Kasimir said:

Interesting.That makes two of us.

Have to confess that I feel there's a question about why one self-protects when you have - as a Shade Expert - Silver Bones, so a guarantee you would not die anyway, and could protect someone else. Even if he'd claimed to have protected me N1, going for Devo or another clear Village read seems a logical choice.

That feels like a secret you should have kept. 

I figured I was back to being trusted enough by actual villagers that I wouldn't get shot. But there's enough persistent mentioning of me by certain people that I am either being set up for an exe or an elim crossbow shot so I did what I did. Ironically one of the external protects I was considering was Sart. Devo and Kas were too obvious, and beyond that I don't think I could guess who'd be NKed with any better accuracy than I could guess where a constrained crossbow shot would hit. 

1 hour ago, DeTess said:

Who did you protect on night 1?

Steeldancer (you're welcome) 

1 hour ago, |TJ| said:

Archer

Sorry, the optimum village mindset here should be to keep Devo and Kas alive as long as possible, which was my thinking when I sent in the order to give Pallid Mask to Kas (the funny part is I was debating between giving it to Kas or Devo, so if I had gone for the latter, Devo would have removed an item that was coming to her). I don't know why any villager would protect any one other than Kas/Devo. 

Mm yes it's very convenient that you mentioned submitting an action that failed against Kas. Perhaps even very close to the truth 

You've been pwned by a Shade Expert

1 hour ago, JNV said:

does silver bones dont trigger broken survivors if attacked apply to attacks that arent survived by silver bones cause like the wording seems to imply it 

Kas is correct. If Silver Bones kept you from going insane from all attacks, it'd essentially be Iron Will-Lite. If it's Iron Will-Lite, why have both? The wording is based on the assumption that no other protection comes into play. Instead, it means that if Silver Bones protects you from an attack, you will not become insane from Broken Survivors.

8 minutes ago, Archer said:

That feels like a secret you should have kept. 

I don't really believe it's plausible for there to be two given the exact cycling Lurchers issue in Tyrian, and it makes even less sense with crossbows being a oneshot and in light of your decisions. Role clearing isn't advisable and I wouldn't want people to get the wrong impression here :) 

But there's enough persistent mentioning of me by certain people that I am either being set up for an exe or an elim crossbow shot

Why would an Elim crossbow shoot you when you're being set up for an exe if Village? For that matter, why wouldn't an Elim crossbow have simply shot on N1 or later? The crossbow user doesn't have to claim. You could just as easily be set up for a Village vig shot which is conveniently both what happened and the one case you didn't want to think about.

Steeldancer (you're welcome) 

That's an interesting choice.

Edited to add:

23 minutes ago, The Last Fæ said:

Also, I think you forgot something...

It's...preferred to green especially if dealing with certain GMs with too-long games that use Tallybot though I think Tallybot now doesn't need green either. But in reality most GMs just count last red vote. So no, it's fine, my vote's logged as on TKN at the moment.

Edited by Kasimir

4 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

It's...preferred to green especially if dealing with certain GMs with too-long games that use Tallybot though I think Tallybot now doesn't need green either. But in reality most GMs just count last red vote. So no, it's fine, my vote's logged as on TKN at the moment.

Okay (I've only seen people change with green so i didn't know if you somehow have several votes.)

Just now, The Last Fæ said:

Okay (I've only seen people change with green so i didn't know if you somehow have several votes.)

Yeah ideally you change with green. Also try to only put one vote in one post. I've seen people start a post with one vote and end with another. Yes, but unclear and difficult for the GM to parse. But for safety's sake, if it helps ease your mind: Fae TKN.

2 hours ago, Archer said:

Welp. That wasn't supposed to happen. I am indeed a Shade Expert and I self protected. Sorry, Sart

Why would you want to confuzzle us, Fae? You've been flying under the radar so I have half a mind to just park my vote on you until I see a good reason to do otherwise. Fae

This... is a lie.

Now, I don't really know what happened behind the scenes to get Archer insanity, since he didn’t take an action.

I used glowpaste d2, and I received the result that he did not take an action. 

You smarter people can figure out how he got insanity, but all I know is that Archer did not take an action, and as such, he is lying, so he is an elim.

3 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

This... is a lie.

Now, I don't really know what happened behind the scenes to get Archer insanity, since he didn’t take an action.

I used glowpaste d2, and I received the result that he did not take an action. 

You smarter people can figure out how he got insanity, but all I know is that Archer did not take an action, and as such, he is lying, so he is an elim.

ilu

12 minutes ago, Archer said:

Mm yes it's very convenient that you mentioned submitting an action that failed against Kas. Perhaps even very close to the truth 

You've been pwned by a Shade Expert

I mean, that shade could be very easily tested. Just to confirm, @Devotary of Spontaneity, where you told your rolebock of TJ failed?

@ArcherWhy steeldancer?

As for what TKN just revealed, that is odd. My first instinct would be that e!Archer was protected by an SE team-mate, but then, why would the e!SE protect someone other than the one submitting the kill? Archer claiming this role could obviously be to seem valuable to the village and/or convince people not to lynch someone needing two lynches.

Maybe Archer did submit the kill, but got overridden last minute and the protection didn't get moved? Or Sart told someone they'd be taking that shot who they should not have trusted?

I can't really think of any reason why v!archer would be lying here.

All that having been said though, Alvron should still be brought to justice for his crimes.

Feeling more weirdly confident about my 'Elandera trolling everyone by giving  A-elim-team' theory.

23 minutes ago, Archer said:

White Fox Devo roleblocked me, meaning if I had attacked Kas, he wouldn't know he was attacked.

6 minutes ago, DeTess said:

As for what TKN just revealed, that is odd. My first instinct would be that e!Archer was protected by an SE team-mate, but then, why would the e!SE protect someone other than the one submitting the kill? Archer claiming this role could obviously be to seem valuable to the village and/or convince people not to lynch someone needing two lynches.

If you have Silver Dust, or extra Silver Dust, then why not have the SE protect the teammate you think most likely to get vigkilled and have the DK use Silver Dust? SE can protect against players or Shades - Silver Dust only does Shades.

Maybe Archer did submit the kill, but got overridden last minute and the protection didn't get moved? Or Sart told someone they'd be taking that shot who they should not have trusted?

I don't feel the second hypothesis is too secure. Mentioning again that Sart isn't the most communicative player in PMs. Had that experience even when I was a proven neutral rallying the Village in LG83, and a more or less confirmed Villager in a different game. It's just his playstyle.

@Elandera - Do you allow kill overrides?

I can't really think of any reason why v!archer would be lying here.

I just feel there's a lot of places this story doesn't make sense for me to be willing to buy it. 

Edited to add:

2 minutes ago, The Last Fæ said:

Oh Sart made a PM with me! Then they died the next day.

Anything useful he said?

Edited to add 2:

4 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

Feeling more weirdly confident about my 'Elandera trolling everyone by giving  A-elim-team' theory.

He says this, and then it turns out Araris is Evil which explains the extra Silver Dust, but then, TJ is Evil too, and it's the team I mentioned C1 I want to lie down and die rather than have to deal with ;-;

I love being a Villager. And a role that means "just be more aggressively in-your-face pillar of Village discussion Kas than you ever Kased in your life Kas." Although keeping up that was - tiring. Because COVID blues. 

But.

Making me need to do my duty by exeing all my bros...

Look @Matrim's Dice's game deeply traumatised me. I'm scarred for life.

Edited by Kasimir