The Moon Pie Initiative (MPI)

Cash67

I shall do my best. For those who need it. I summarized this. @Cash67 you should probably put your own summary in the OP. I did this just cuz I was bored. I did it all from memory so some important things might be missing.

We begin in humble-ish beginnings. After discovering Magic Cards are useful to turn the moon into a pie we stole 4 swamps or something so we could have enough manna...I mean mana. 

All in all we've turned the moon into a pie and started to work toward turning Jupiter into a pie. A few of us (myself because I am logistics master) wondered if it is such a good idea to turn these such things into a pie. Bookwrym betrayed our cause and turned to the NASA side. Becoming their leader or something. Though us MPI members only know that Bookwyrm left, not much else. We do know Bookwrym tried to call NASA so presumably they were working with our "rivals" all along.

If anyone has anything else. Feel free to copy my text then edit it, pasting it into your own post. That way we can get a bit more accurate. I tried to do it by memory afterall.

"I will immediately begin surveying the surveillance footage to see if there are any clues to where The Traitor could have gone."

"Oh right. @Being of Cacophony needs a purpose. Hmmmm. It's likely Bookwyrm went to do something with NASA. I'm not much of an action man. I'm merely a logistics person."

Edited by Lord Gregorio

Bookwyrm was horrified to learn that agents of MPI had infiltrated most of NASA. So, hiding under the radar, he gathered the few people who wanted to save worlds and got them out of the country.

As they boarded a special plane, Bookwyrm sighed a sigh of relief. 

"This had better work."

Should I try to find people to recruit to whatever anti-MPI organization I'm forming? So there are more RPers and to even the playing field?

@Cash67

10 hours ago, Lord Gregorio said:

"I will immediately begin surveying the surveillance footage to see if there are any clues to where The Traitor could have gone."

"Oh right. @Being of Cacophony needs a purpose. Hmmmm. It's likely Bookwyrm went to do something with NASA. I'm not much of an action man. I'm merely a logistics person."

"I can go to NASA. No one there knows me. I can be a double agent for us and if Bookwyrm is there, join his team.

6 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"I can go to NASA. No one there knows me. I can be a double agent for us and if Bookwyrm is there, join his team.

You hear Symph’s voice coming from a random pie inside the room. It appears to be a sort of walkie-talkie. “This is excellent. I’m not the boss or anything, but good luck!”

5 minutes ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

You hear Symph’s voice coming from a random pie inside the room. It appears to be a sort of walkie-talkie. “This is excellent. I’m not the boss or anything, but good luck!”

"Uh... Thanks I guess! I won't leave until I get permission from the president."

Spoiler

@The Bookwyrm YES 100%

1 hour ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Uh... Thanks I guess! I won't leave until I get permission from the president."

“Permission Granted! Take what equipment you need for comms and go and infiltrate.”

1 hour ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

“Symph, amazing work!! What are these called and can we get everyone one?”

33 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

“Permission Granted! Take what equipment you need for comms and go and infiltrate.”

"Sir, yes sir!" 

The platypus turns to where Symph's voice came from. "Do you have any spare walkie-talkies or radios? If not I'll go find some more advanced equipment. I'll use both in any case, it's just useful to have a backup plan."

Turning to the logistics master, he asks if there are any harnesses and grappling hooks.

Then he turns back to the president. "I'm going in prepared. There's a lot of stuff I need. I'll find it and go to infiltrate. Is that acceptable?"

Man maybe I should make an actual character. 

"Guys I don't actually have a name. Can someone maybe give me one? I think names are kind of important for making moon pies."

45 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"Sir, yes sir!" 

The platypus turns to where Symph's voice came from. "Do you have any spare walkie-talkies or radios? If not I'll go find some more advanced equipment. I'll use both in any case, it's just useful to have a backup plan."

Turning to the logistics master, he asks if there are any harnesses and grappling hooks.

Then he turns back to the president. "I'm going in prepared. There's a lot of stuff I need. I'll find it and go to infiltrate. Is that acceptable?"

I have already given you permission! Do your best, and may you have all of the strength of the thickest pie crust. 

19 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

"Guys I don't actually have a name. Can someone maybe give me one? I think names are kind of important for making moon pies."

I agree, Tiger. Names are important. 

47 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

I have already given you permission! Do your best, and may you have all of the strength of the thickest pie crust. 

23 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

The newly christened Tiger nodded. "They are. Now, are we catching a traitor or eating pie?"

"I'm catching a traitor. You can stay back and eat pie if you're not with me."

The platypus exits the room and comes back a few minutes later with a utility belt and a harness on. Hanging from the utility belt is a grappling hook, smoke bombs, handcuffs, and a few other important items for any infiltration.

"Tiger, if you're coming, we need to go in about three minutes. I have a few supplies to pick up, then I'm leaving."

Leaving the room once more, the platypus finds some important comms equipment and a phone. He proceeds to call NASA on it.

"Hello? I heard about an open job opportunity. I'd like to apply for a job there. Where should I go for that application? I can do many things. I specialize in emotional support and I'm in the MBI bass if that helps anything. What? zzzzz You're cutting out. You'll need to call me back."

Then he walks back into the room where Tiger and the logistics master were.

5 hours ago, Cash67 said:

“Symph, amazing work!! What are these called and can we get everyone one?”

“I… haven’t really decided on a name yet. But when I do, it will be clever, I promise.”

4 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

“I do have some spare ones! They’re in one of the storage units—the one labeled Listening Devices. Everyone can take one. They come in all sizes!”

3 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

"I'm catching a traitor. You can stay back and eat pie if you're not with me."

The platypus exits the room and comes back a few minutes later with a utility belt and a harness on. Hanging from the utility belt is a grappling hook, smoke bombs, handcuffs, and a few other important items for any infiltration.

"Tiger, if you're coming, we need to go in about three minutes. I have a few supplies to pick up, then I'm leaving."

Leaving the room once more, the platypus finds some important comms equipment and a phone. He proceeds to call NASA on it.

"Hello? I heard about an open job opportunity. I'd like to apply for a job there. Where should I go for that application? I can do many things. I specialize in emotional support and I'm in the MBI bass if that helps anything. What? zzzzz You're cutting out. You'll need to call me back."

Then he walks back into the room where Tiger and the logistics master were.

“All right, all right! I’m coming!” Tiger says, swallowing his last bite of pie. 

3 hours ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

“I do have some spare ones! They’re in one of the storage units—the one labeled Listening Devices. Everyone can take one. They come in all sizes!”

2 hours ago, Aes Sedai said:

“All right, all right! I’m coming!” Tiger says, swallowing his last bite of pie. 

"Thanks Symph!"

The platypus walks out of the room, takes a couple of the radios for himself and Tiger and walks back into the room.

"Time to go. Do you have everything you need?"

Meanwhile at NASA...

I stand and pace back and forth, surveying the newest spaceship.

"It is almost complete?" I ask, touching the sleek metal.

An attendant holding a clip board nods. "Very near complete. Should be the fastest ship ever made - as well as the smoothest ride."

I smile and step back, allowing a large group a scientists and engineers to continue their work. "This could get to Saturn in a week?"

Again the attendant nods. "Excellent." I say, checking my own checklist and ticking off another box. "Cash will be happy with this." I exit the room and pull out a suspiciously pie-like phone, poking it and dialling Cash.

@Cash67

Tiger pulls out a pie and begins munching on it as he follows the platypus. “So,” he says between bites, “we are killing people, right?”

Woo hoo 1,001 posts!!

Edited by Aes Sedai

10 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

Tiger pulls out a pie and begins munching on it as he follows the platypus. “So,” he says between bites, “we are killing people, right?”

"Um, maybe. I don't plan to, but we'll probably have to split up. I plan to meet up with our spymaster and get some extra advice to infiltrate. You can be the backup in case either of us gets caught. That will give you the opportunity to kill someone."