Which pure metals would you use?

Mistchemist16

Pure Metal Choices  

15 members have voted

1. 1. If you couldn’t choose alloys, which Misting would you be?

• Iron
    • Tin
    • Zinc
    • Copper
    • Aluminum
    • Chromium
    • Gold
    • Cadmium
  2. 2. If you couldn’t choose alloys, which Ferring would you be?

• Iron
    • Tin
    • Zinc
    • Copper
    • Aluminum
    • Chromium
    • Gold
    • Cadmium
  3. 3. If you couldn’t choose alloys, which metal would you Compound?

• Iron
    • Tin
    • Zinc
    • Copper
    • Aluminum
    • Chromium
    • Gold
    • Cadmium

As we all know, alloys are pretty busted in the Metallic Arts. It has such favorites as Steel and Pewter. But since the pure metals don’t see as much love, I wanted to challenge you guys. If you had to be a Metalborn of pure metals, which would you choose and why?

Edited by Mistchemist16
Minor error fix

Allomancy: Zinc, mostly because it would help to make people more agreeable with me and useful for avoiding a fight by Rioting an assailants feelings of doubt, fear and fatigue. 

Feruchemy: Tin, because modifying my senses on the go would be really nice, I could make myself deaf now to avoid an annoying sound to hear more crisply later and so on.

Compounding: Chromium, because infinite fortune can only be a good thing. Hopefully.

If Misting, Iron probably.  Just useful to have.  Flight's not a big deal, but being able to pull metal to your hand is cool.  Lots of uses.  

If Ferring, probably Copper.  But maybe Zinc.  Hard to say.  

For Compounding, Tin. Having an infinite amount of every sense, but only when you want it, is insane.  You basically become Daredevil with super vision.  

Allomancy: hmmm. I'm torn between zinc and tin on this one. Zinc is clearly the most powerful for someone who isn't dealing with other Allomancers regularly (when copper and chromium would be useful). But it's kind of ethically iffy, and also requires social perceptiveness to be used well - which I very definitely don't have.

So probably tin. In addition to the obvious sight/hearing boost, I could finally smell when food was bad -- unlike feruchemy tin allomancy is not based on what you start with (my natural sense of smell is very poor). Flaring tin also seems to have a mind-clearing effect, which is a nice side effect.

Feruchemy: zinc definitely. Store to get through boring meetings etc, tap for apparent genius / quick wittedness!

Compounding: probably gold, it's just too powerful not to pick. Though its a shame to miss out on zinc or chromium compounding.

1 hour ago, Frustration said:

I don;t know if cars have enough mass to anchor your bubble to.

Fair point, but I bet a bus would have enough mass.  Which is a double benefit since it means I could travel out of town without having to drive.  And we know train cars have enough mass, so those wouldn't be bad either.