What piece of entertainment in 2023 are you most hyped for?

For me it would have to be a three-way-tie between Mandalorian, Ahsoka and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. I love Star Wars, and I couldn't be more excited to see that story continue in season 3 of the Mandalorian, and then see Sabine and Thrawn in live-action in Ahsoka. And James Gunn is in my opinion the best comic book-movie director there is, and Guardians is one of Marvels best franchises. I have been waiting for the third one since 2017. 

What about everyone else?

I would say its a tie between Guardians 3 and Secret Project 3. Hmm, or maybe Breath of the Wild: Tears of the Kindgom?

WAIT HOLD UP. After a quick google I have been reminded that Spiderverse 2 is coming out this year. If it is anything like the original that movie will be incredible. 

Edit: I remembered about Silksong and a possible Cradle 12. Heck, this is going to be a good year. 

Edited by Mr. Misting

Since I can't name just one, I'll do it by category and for things releasing in 2023 proper, not things that I need to get to in 2023. 

Shows: Ahsoka, Secret Invasion (MCU), Echo (MCU). I'm also excited for the Gotham Knights CW show - not relation to the game - because it's going to be a hot mess and want to be there for every second of this trainwreck. 

Movies: Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse is my most hyped movie, but I have a LOT of other movies I'm excited for: John Wick 4, Fast & Furious 10, Aquaman 10, Creed 3, The Little Mermaid remake, Dune Part 2, Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1, etc. If they all fire on all cylinders, this is going to be a phenomenal year for the action/adventure/superhero box office. 

Games: Fire Emblem Engage, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (my most hyped right now), Insomniac's Spider-Man 2. Forspoken also makes the list, but I'm very cautious about it, so it's a step below the other games. 

Books: Secret Project 3, Defiant, and maybe Dragonsteel Prime. Empire of Ruin by Django Wexler probably should be on the list, but I need to finish the Infernal Campaigns series, and then do his YA series, and then start the Burningblade & Silvereye trilogy proper, of which this book is the finale off. I'm still waiting for the second book in the Glass Immortals series by Brian McClellan, but I'm pretty convinced that won't come out until 2024. (Maybe if it comes out during Stormlight Season (aka the preview chapter period of Stormlight), Brandon can promote Brian's book and ask fans to check out the series.)

Comics - Superman Action Comics post-Issue 1050. I loved reading Superman's Warworld story in December, and I'm curious about how the reset will affect the story going forward. I also hope the twins stay around for a while. If Dark One Volume 2 was to come out this year, I'd add it to the list.

Manga - Usually a discovery, but I've heard of a manga called Clock Striker, which has shonen manga's first black female protagonist reportedly, so I want to support it and check it out. 

Music - Always a discovery.

Edited by Use the Falchion

Feels like Trails into Reverie will be the highlight of my year for sure. 

Extremely hyped for The Ancient Magus' Bride season 2.

The new Shinkai movie. Technically came out last year, but anime movies tend to release overseas like, 9 months after the original date. So that's a 2023 release for us. 

I think the Witch on the Holy Night movie comes out this year, and it's by Ufotable! So looking forward to that. 

Spider-Verse of course. 

Weird to put something I've already played here but I'm excited for the Fatal Frame 4 remaster. 

Dune. 

It's mandatory I put Zelda here, but I have my doubts that I'll be playing it this year. 

Edited by Eluvianii

There are way too many things to be hyped about for 2023, but I'm pretty sure the sequel for Hollow Knight comes out this year so that's exciting.

2 hours ago, Gregorio said:

Sorry, but I'm not really excited for anything, maybe The Chosen I guess. Disney's kinda ruined my excitement for movies. Plus I'll be gone halfway through the year for like two years. :lol: So I can't watch many things.

If you are going on a mission (If you don't mind telling) where are you going?

14 hours ago, Witless of Shinovar said:

There are way too many things to be hyped about for 2023, but I'm pretty sure the sequel for Hollow Knight comes out this year so that's exciting.

If you are going on a mission (If you don't mind telling) where are you going?

I would totally tell you, but I haven't turned in my papers yet. Still trying to get em all done. :lol: 

On 1/9/2023 at 8:39 PM, Morningtide said:

Ooh. Across the Spider-verse and Dune part 2 definitely. All of the secret projects but especially #3. Loki season 2. I'm sure I'm missing something but oh well

Those.^ Enough said.

(Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 3 is also on my list, though I'm nervous about that one.)

Edited by Bondsmith-Edgedancer

• 2 weeks later...

Tears of the Kingdom Tears of the Kingdom Tears of the Kingdom Tears of the Kingdom Tears of the Kingdom Tears of the Kingdom Tears of the Kingdom Tears of the Kingdom Tears of the Kingdom Tears of the Kingdom Tears of the Kingdom Tears of the Kingdom Tears of the Kingdom Tears of the Kingdom