The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Time for Season 2!

Channelknight Fadran

A flash of pink light, and a woman with pale white skin and wavy golden hair appeared, in a pink shoulder-less dress, holding a giant knife in her hand. She looked around, pleasantly surprised, and smiled alluringly.

"Det verkar som om gudarna äntligen har tillåtit mig att komma in," she said. "Vad jag vet är ditt universum ganska... expansivt."

Eliira turned around blinked in surprise. "Ehm, hello." She said, stepping towards the golden-haired woman. She hesitated just outside of striking range. Zirn'rii, however, zipped right up to her, invisible to the woman, and happily twirled around her face, unseen.

Eliira! Eliira look look look! I found someone with a dagger! A big dagger, too! He said happily as he twirled about as an amber ribbon of light. (The woman would not be able to hear him)

"Uh, do you speak the common tongue? Or Alethi?" Eliira asked cautiously.

@Knight of Iron

Edited by Telrao

1 minute ago, Telrao said:

Eliira turned around blinked in surprise. "Ehm, hello." She said, stepping towards the golden-haired woman. She hesitated just outside of striking range. Zirn'rii, however, zipped right up to her, invisible to the woman, and happily twirled around her face, unseen.

Eliira! Eliira look look look! I found someone with a dagger! A big dagger, too! He said happily as he twirled about as an amber ribbon of light. (The woman would not be able to hear him)

"Uh, do you speak the common tongue? Or Alethi?" Eliira asked cautiously.

@Knight of Iron

"Varför är det alltid vanligt?" the woman sighed. "Yes, I do. Hi hi."

I know nothing about most people's characters so if there's something I need to know let me know.

A boy of about twelve walks up Maybe street. He notices the amber eyed lady and the golden haired woman and mentally names them fire and chip respectively. Because well, fire and amber eyes are both cool and obviously chips are golden. He walks up to Fire and proffers his warm brown hand. “Hullo, do you know where we are?”

@Telrao

44 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

"Varför är det alltid vanligt?" the woman sighed. "Yes, I do. Hi hi."

"Oh, uh, great." Eliira said, wringing her hands. "Eh, hi."

1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

A boy of about twelve walks up Maybe street. He notices the amber eyed lady and the golden haired woman and mentally names them fire and chip respectively. Because well, fire and amber eyes are both cool and obviously chips are golden. He walks up to Fire and proffers his warm brown hand. “Hullo, do you know where we are?”

Zirn'rii zipped over to the boy and giggled excitedly, revealing himself to the boy. Eliira! I found another person! Hello, human! Do you have a dagger? I like daggers!

Eliira groaned softly and took a couple steps outside. "Hi there!" She said to the boy. "Sorry about my spren... uh," she breathed deeply. "This is the Mishmash Inn. We have lodgings and food for... well... anyone. Uhm..." She glanced inside, where Fadran was leading Keys further inside. "Would you like to come in?"

@Cinnamon @Knight of Iron

2 minutes ago, Telrao said:

"Oh, uh, great." Eliira said, wringing her hands. "Eh, hi."

Zirn'rii zipped over to the boy and giggled excitedly, revealing himself to the boy. Eliira! I found another person! Hello, human! Do you have a dagger? I like daggers!

Eliira groaned softly and took a couple steps outside. "Hi there!" She said to the boy. "Sorry about my spren... uh," she breathed deeply. "This is the Mishmash Inn. We have lodgings and food for... well... anyone. Uhm..." She glanced inside, where Fadran was leading Keys further inside. "Would you like to come in?"

The woman giggled. "Why, you're very friendly. How do I know this isn't a trap?"

3 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

The woman giggled. "Why, you're very friendly. How do I know this isn't a trap?"

"You're the person with the storming knife!" Eliira exclaimed, then blushed and glanced around. "Uhm... sorry. Is there anything I can do to prove this isn't a trap?" She asked as Zirn'rii zipped about, unseen.

1 minute ago, Telrao said:

"You're the person with the storming knife!" Eliira exclaimed, then blushed and glanced around. "Uhm... sorry. Is there anything I can do to prove this isn't a trap?" She asked as Zirn'rii zipped about, unseen.

"What knife?" she asked, then let go of it. The knife instantly dissipated into nothingness. "And no, I'm sorry. In this universe of universes, I'm afraid there's nothing anyone can ever do to prove anything! We'll just have to do with some make-believe and pretend we trust each other. You said there's food?"

2 hours ago, Telrao said:

The boy’s eyes light up and they follow the amber light as it zips through the air. “Woah, are you magic? I don’t have a dagger but I do have this!” He lowers his proffered hand and pulls a small object out of his pocket. It is about the size of a pen and is made of many thin twisting rods of metal, woven together in an intricate pattern. He places it back in his pocket and turns toward Fire who is silhouetted just ahead of the doorway.

“The Mishmash inn huh? That’s fun to say! Mishmash, mishmash mishmash” he gets distracted and runs around in a circle continuing his little song of mishmash.

"You're the person with the storming knife!”

The boy turns on his heels and charges at the one he dubbed Fire slamming into Chip on the way, all while yelling “You said a bad word!” He runs headfirst into Fire knocking her over with an unexpected strength. He stands over her and indignantly puts his hands on his hips. “That’s not a very nice thing to say even if you did apologise, my Za said so. No matter how cool your magic friend or your eyes are! Hrumph!”

Edited by Cinnamon

30 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

"What knife?" she asked, then let go of it. The knife instantly dissipated into nothingness. "And no, I'm sorry. In this universe of universes, I'm afraid there's nothing anyone can ever do to prove anything! We'll just have to do with some make-believe and pretend we trust each other. You said there's food?"

"That's all right - I, uh, understand. Yes, there is-"

27 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

The boy’s eyes light up and they follow the amber light as it zips through the air. “Woah, are you magic? I don’t have a dagger but I do have this!” He lowers his proffered hand and pulls a small object out of his pocket. It is about the size of a pen and is made of many thin twisting rods of metal, woven together in an intricate pattern. He places it back in his pocket and turns toward Fire who is silhouetted just ahead of the doorway.

“The Mishmash inn huh? That’s fun to say! Mishmash, mishmash mishmash” he gets distracted and runs around in a circle continuing his little song of mishmash.

The boy turns on his heels and charges at the one he dubbed Fire slamming into Chip on the way, all while yelling “You said a bad word!” He runs headfirst into Fire knocking her over with an unexpected strength. He stands over her and indignantly puts his hands on his hips. “That’s not a very nice thing to say even if you did apologise. If my Mama were here you’d get no dessert! No matter how cool your Magic friend or your eyes are! Hrumph!”

"Gah!" Eliira gasped as she was knocked to the ground. She grunted and sat up, rubbing the back of her head, wincing. "Magic friend? Oh," She glanced at Zirn'rii, who giggled. She sighed, then refocussed on the boy. "I'm sorry, I'm just a little stressed from all... this..." She gestured vaguely and stood up, dusting off her skirt. "Uhm, what's your name?"

Edited by Telrao

1 hour ago, Knight of Iron said:

The woman laughed mirthfully. "Chip, how cute. Why'd you call me that?"

Jay skips over to her and responds with an air of seriousness in his young voice “Well it’s obviously because your hair is golden and chips are golden too!” He pulls his metal piece from his pocket and starts twirling it between his fingers absentmindedly.

1 hour ago, AltonicKeys said:

Keys turned from Fadran. "Key word 'most', I guess."

He walked over to everyone else. "Hi everyone. New guy Keys here. Eliira, you look a little... On edge. Everything all right?"

Noticing Keys he walks over and giggling he says “your name is Keys and you said ‘key word’ that’s funny!”

@Knight of Iron

@AltonicKeys

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Jay skips over to her and responds with an air of seriousness in his young voice “Well it’s obviously because your hair is golden and chips are golden too!” He pulls his metal piece from his pocket and starts twirling it between his fingers absentmindedly.

She tilted her head. "Is that so? Well, I've been called by a hundred names, but I've got to say..." she leaned in close. "'Chip' is by far the worst. I'm honestly impressed. Thanks, I hate it." 

26 minutes ago, AltonicKeys said:

Keys smiled. "Yeah, I guess it is." He held out his hand. "Nice to meet you."

Jay proffers his hand in introduction “Nice to meet you too. Jay at your service” He turns around as Chip taps him on the shoulder 

25 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

She tilted her head. "Is that so? Well, I've been called by a hundred names, but I've got to say..." she leaned in close. "'Chip' is by far the worst. I'm honestly impressed. Thanks, I hate it." 

He looks up at her confused how to feel at this. After a second or two of contemplation he looks back up at her beaming “I’ve never ever been the worst! I’m honoured!” His demeanour mellows slightly “Gee doya really hate it? If you do I don’t want to hurt your feelings, my Za says hurting peoples feelings is bad but even if you give me a name it’ll be awfully hard for me to stop calling you Chip altogether, I mean my head has got ahold of the idea of you being Chip! So I must apologise because I will keep calling you Chip, if only in my brain.”

Jay looks keeps twirling his metal trinket between his fingers and after a couple seconds silence he decides he doesn’t like quiet and interrupts it. “What are we jolly well just hanging about outside the inn for? I’m going to check out the inside of this place”. Jay walks forward — still twirling his ornament — up the path and in through the door.

Edited by Cinnamon

3 hours ago, AltonicKeys said:

Keys turned from Fadran. "Key word 'most', I guess."

He walked over to everyone else. "Hi everyone. New guy Keys here. Eliira, you look a little... On edge. Everything all right?"

Eliira clenched her fists, then hid them beneath her shawl. She breathed deeply, then slowly uncurled her fists. She turned to Keys. "I'm... fine." She said with an effort. Toomanypeoplecrowdsandcrowdsofpeopletheyallhateyoutheyknowwhatyoudid

She clenched her fists again, then forced a smile at Jay. She looked to the woman. "I don't think I ever caught your name...? If you uhm, can choose one?"

Fadran scratched the back of his neck, trying to work his frankly exhausted post-work brain at a sufficient level of efficiency to keep up with... whatever was happening. Honestly, chaos was practically his job description, but long days like these really just took it out of him.

Regardless, he put his friendly face back on and did his best to make the whole batch of newcomers feel welcome. "Hi... all. All of you. Care for some soup? Cocoa? Tea? No waffles, I'm afraid, but... well." Fadran cleared his throat to back up a little. "Hello. I'm Fadran, Mishmash Inn Manager and effective leader of the Fellowship of the Thing. We offer nothing but the finest of accomodations, services, and perilous adventure opportunities here, and I speak on behalf of the entire staff and Fellowship when I say we sincerely appreciate your stay."

7 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Jay proffers his hand in introduction “Nice to meet you too. Jay at your service” He turns around as Chip taps him on the shoulder 

He looks up at her confused how to feel at this. After a second or two of contemplation he looks back up at her beaming “I’ve never ever been the worst! I’m honoured!” His demeanour mellows slightly “Gee doya really hate it? If you do I don’t want to hurt your feelings, my Za says hurting peoples feelings is bad but even if you give me a name it’ll be awfully hard for me to stop calling you Chip altogether, I mean my head has got ahold of the idea of you being Chip! So I must apologise because I will keep calling you Chip, if only in my brain.”

Jay looks keeps twirling his metal trinket between his fingers and after a couple seconds silence he decides he doesn’t like quiet and interrupts it. “What are we jolly well just hanging about outside the inn for? I’m going to check out the inside of this place”. Jay walks forward — still twirling his ornament — up the path and in through the door.

"Very well, child. There's little I can do to stop you."

5 hours ago, Telrao said:

Eliira clenched her fists, then hid them beneath her shawl. She breathed deeply, then slowly uncurled her fists. She turned to Keys. "I'm... fine." She said with an effort. Toomanypeoplecrowdsandcrowdsofpeopletheyallhateyoutheyknowwhatyoudid

She clenched her fists again, then forced a smile at Jay. She looked to the woman. "I don't think I ever caught your name...? If you uhm, can choose one?"

"Why, I think I'll have to choose one for this universe, now won't I?" She considered. "I think that 'Nyxi' will do just fine."

5 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran scratched the back of his neck, trying to work his frankly exhausted post-work brain at a sufficient level of efficiency to keep up with... whatever was happening. Honestly, chaos was practically his job description, but long days like these really just took it out of him.

Regardless, he put his friendly face back on and did his best to make the whole batch of newcomers feel welcome. "Hi... all. All of you. Care for some soup? Cocoa? Tea? No waffles, I'm afraid, but... well." Fadran cleared his throat to back up a little. "Hello. I'm Fadran, Mishmash Inn Manager and effective leader of the Fellowship of the Thing. We offer nothing but the finest of accomodations, services, and perilous adventure opportunities here, and I speak on behalf of the entire staff and Fellowship when I say we sincerely appreciate your stay."

"Hi hi. Say, this is an interesting universe that you have here, is it yours?"

15 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Jay’s face breaks into a huge grin. “Did you say COCOA??! And PERILOUS ADVENTURE OPPORTUNITIES??! Am I in heaven?” He sighs and spins around caught up in the pure glee of this moment. He pulls the mysterious beautiful trinket from his pocket and throws it up the air it spins and hovers in front of his face. Seeming to be talking to the object and breathless with excitement he exclaims “ this is the best day ever Za. Even better than that time I got to eat dessert for breakfast!” The pen sized metal piece seemed to glow in response. Lines of coloured light illuminating the ridges of its intricate patterns, then it zipped through the air and tucked itself behind Jay’s ear. The glowing faded and Jay turned back to face the man who had spoken. “Do you really have the finest accommodations? And adventures, and cocoa? If you do I’m sure this must be the bestest inn in the multiverse!” Then he added with a wise nod and a little wink “Lack of waffles notwithstanding.”

@Channelknight Fadran

Eliira unconsciously took a couple steps away from the group, retreating back outside. She stared down Maybe road and took a deep breath as the voices in her head screamed.

Toomanypeoplerunrunfleegetawaytheyhateyourunawayescapetheyallhateyouyouareuselessleaverunflee!

She trembled and wrapped her arms around herself again. Zirn'rii seemed to sense her distress and zipped down to her, hovering in front of eyes, and refusing to budge. His soft voice touched her mind.

You can't give up on your Oaths now, Eliira. You have to push through this. 

"I- I can't..." She whispered, taking another step down the road. "Too many people... memories..." A tear leaked down her cheek, which she hastily wiped away. She drew in a shaky breath as Zirn'rii grew larger and settled onto the ground, growing and morphing until he looked like a tall, translucent, refined Thaylen gentleman.

"Eliira." He said softly, placing an incorporeal hand on her shoulder. She felt a faint tingle. "You can push through this. Don't let the voices control you. You're strong enough."

She breathed deeply and let it out shakily, closing her bright amber eyes. Then, slowly, she nodded and wiped her eyes again, turning back towards the group. She froze for a moment, every part of her screaming to run, but pushed through, stepping until she stood just behind the group. You can do this, Zirn'rii whispered as he burst back into his ribbonlike form and zipped up next to her.

"Thank you," She whispered under her breath as she studied the group. Then, she smiled, amber eyes sparkling.