The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Time for Season 2!

Channelknight Fadran

3 minutes ago, Telrao said:

"Uh... I'm pretty sure that's not allowed." Eliira said. "Did you hear the part about murder?"

Zirn'rii zipped over to Fadran and twirled about happily.

Nyxi shrugged. "Murder's just one kind of killing. There are plenty of other ways to get away with it! Self-defense, to name one."

25 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

Nyxi shrugged. "Murder's just one kind of killing. There are plenty of other ways to get away with it! Self-defense, to name one."

“Gee Chip, you sure are vicious!” Jay leaned toward her, eyes wide “have you ever killed anyone?”

Edited by Cinnamon
SPAG

54 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Self-defense is fine, of course, but the odds of having to defend yourself with lethal force in this inn are quite low."

Nyxi did not respond.

39 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

“Gee Chip, you sure are vicious!” Jay leaned toward her, eyes wide “have you ever killed anyone?”

She leaned inward, as she wasn't very tall anyway. "Some," she said, eyes glazing over as she flashed back to her past. "Tusentals och tusentals och tusentals."

1 minute ago, Knight of Iron said:

Nyxi did not respond.

She leaned inward, as she wasn't very tall anyway. "Some," she said, eyes glazing over as she flashed back to her past. "Tusentals och tusentals och tusentals."

Jay's jaw dropped. "That's not nice! My Za says you aren't alowed to kill people unless they try to kill you first! Did they try to kill you first Chi-, I mean Nyxi?"

4 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Jay's jaw dropped. "That's not nice! My Za says you aren't alowed to kill people unless they try to kill you first! Did they try to kill you first Chi-, I mean Nyxi?"

She rubbed her chin. "You know... I don't know. I didn't really ask them. But maybe!"

14 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

She rubbed her chin. "You know... I don't know. I didn't really ask them. But maybe!"

Jay's little eyes filled with wisdom and he said with a solemn voice "Next time you should ask, that would be the polite thing to do." 

15 minutes ago, AltonicKeys said:

Keys, only slightly confused, took a few steps back. Then a few more.

Before long he found a rather neat storage closet.

Out of the corner of his eye Jay notices the movement. he turns to face Keys and walks up to him. "Are you alright? why are you going into that closet? If you want to get away you should book a room this, after all is the bestest inn in the Cosmos! But really, are you okay?

Edited by Cinnamon

2 hours ago, AltonicKeys said:

"Oh, I'm fine. Just looking around, I guess. Don't mind me." With a thumbs up, Keys wandered off.

"Okie dokie!" Jay responded, returning Keys' thumbs up "have fun looking around!" 

As Keys walks off Jay notices a really comfortable looking armchair sitting in the corner of the Mishmash inn's lobby and wanders over to it plonking himself down, snuggling up and closing his eyes. "even grown ups like me need a nap sometimes" he mumbles under his breath "this sure has been an exiting day. Hasn't it Za?" he finishes as his young body starts to succumb to exhaustion. His pocket where he keeps his Za and his right pinky fingernail seem to glow warmly in response. He sighs snuggling down as both glows fade. Jay feels the warmth of the fireplace next to him and the comfort of the inn all around him, and before he knows it, his breathing has become a regular pattern and little Jay has drifted into the land of sleep.

Eliira walked over to where Jay had fallen asleep, then settled onto the floor next to the chair, placing her back against the wall. She studied her hands, then took a deep breath and focussed, creating another woodblock in her hands. Then, she began methodically scraping away layers of wood with her dagger, carving the wood calmly.

Zirn'rii zipped over to her and settled onto her knee, forming into his dragon form. You see? You pushed through!

"Yeah..." Eliira sighed. She glanced towards Jay's chair, then huddled down further, her carving speeding up. "But being near these people... it... it just..." The tool slipped from her fingers. "It reminds me... of them..."

She shook herself and picked up the tool again, accidentally dislodging Zirn'rii in the process. He zipped up and landed on her shoulder, humming a low, calm tone.

On 2/25/2023 at 9:50 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

"We have a no harassment policy, several off-limits locations... don't acknowledge the waffle man, don't ruin public property... no murder." Fadran sent a glance at Rayvyn.

Rayvyn stuck out her tongue at him. 

On 2/25/2023 at 10:28 PM, Knight of Iron said:

“Yes! You are wise.”

On 27/2/2023 at 11:11 AM, Telrao said:

Eliira walked over to where Jay had fallen asleep, then settled onto the floor next to the chair, placing her back against the wall. She studied her hands, then took a deep breath and focussed, creating another woodblock in her hands. Then, she began methodically scraping away layers of wood with her dagger, carving the wood calmly.

Zirn'rii zipped over to her and settled onto her knee, forming into his dragon form. You see? You pushed through!

"Yeah..." Eliira sighed. She glanced towards Jay's chair, then huddled down further, her carving speeding up. "But being near these people... it... it just..." The tool slipped from her fingers. "It reminds me... of them..."

She shook herself and picked up the tool again, accidentally dislodging Zirn'rii in the process. He zipped up and landed on her shoulder, humming a low, calm tone.

Jay awoke to the sound of soft rhythmic scratching. He blearily opened his eyes, rubbing them as he yawned. It felt like he’d been asleep for four days. Looking over the side of the armchair he found the source of the scratching. It was Fire— no, Eliira and she seemed to be carving a piece of wood. Jay sat there captivated by the precise and expert way her knife moved. Then, forcing himself to look away from the carving, he brought his eye to her face. She looked sad he decided, and hopping down from the armchair he knelt infront of her. “are you alright?” He asked softly his greenish eyes wide with concern. 
@Telrao

Edited by Cinnamon

Eliira sighed softly and set down her tool, rubbing the brown wood with her finger.

"I'm alright." She said quietly. She glanced down. "Just..." She couldn't bring herself to lie. Zirn'rii settled onto her shoulder and hummed encouragingly. She glanced away. No, not now. Just being near these people was painful. Time to change the subject.

"Are you hungry?" Eliira asked Jay, packing away her tool and the piece of partially carved wood. "We've got plenty of food in the kitchen..."

@Cinnamon

Eliira smiled - a real smile, bright and shining. "It's quite delicious! Rayvyn made it herself, with Fadran's help, of course!"

Zirn'rii zipped in front of the humans and hummed an excited tone. Can I have some this time? Oh, can I, can I?

Zirn'rii hovered right in Fadran's face. You didn't answer my question! He said petulantly. Can I have some soup? Please?!?!

Eliira grinned and began walking towards the kitchen. "You can't even eat it, spren." She smiled.

I know! But I can try to eat it, right?? Zirn'rii asked as he twirled around Jay happily.