The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Time for Season 2!

Channelknight Fadran

Sorry. I had seen the word earlier in the rp, and thought it was something else. Pretend I didn’t say that!

Also, sorry Cinnamon, I didn’t realize I was basically copying your character. HN-4 and Za are really similar. Oops

12 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Gee, this person is strange, thought Jay. He talks like someone with a moustache, but he doesn’t have a moustache. “My name is Jay and I am 11 and I also dabble in inter- Indermen- I jump the cosmos. This is the Mishmash inn!” His Za hovered by his head and buzzed. “Oh yeah, what’s that floaty thingy that has a funny voice?”

“Wonderful to meet you, Jay! This is HN-4! She’s my latest AI invention. It appears you have something similar?” I wonder if they have something similar to the Lethco Sling that can take me back to my universe. This universe is only 46.3 dimensional points away, after all.

16 hours ago, TheAlpha929 said:

Also, sorry Cinnamon, I didn’t realize I was basically copying your character. HN-4 and Za are really similar. Oops

It’s fine! :P It’s not really copying if you didn’t know about it and I’m pretty sure Za are completely different in application than HM-4. Za don’t talk, and can only communicate with their bonded creature. To everyone else it looks like glowing or sounds like a soft buzz. Za are also connected physically to their ein’kaj (host) through the right pinky finger nail and whenever they are used both the Za and the fingernail glow. Zas grant enhanced abilities in almost anything from strength (like when he tackled Eliira) to rest (the nap on the armchair)but it takes skill to learn how to use the Za for the different purposes so most ein’kaj only master 5. Since Jay is only 11 he’s only mastered restfulness, gravity(he can fly :P) and sight. He can enhance other abilities but it is usually unpredictable and at inopportune moments. 
I’m guessing that’s not what a HM-4 does. Besides, it’ll be fun to see how our characters interact seeing as we have similar looking companions. Also sorry, I kinda stamped on your character when I said that you talk like someone with a moustache but don’t have a moustache :P You can have a moustache if you want :P

gee! I used the :P emoji a lot in that.

16 hours ago, TheAlpha929 said:

“Wonderful to meet you, Jay! This is HN-4! She’s my latest AI invention. It appears you have something similar?” I wonder if they have something similar to the Lethco Sling that can take me back to my universe. This universe is only 46.3 dimensional points away, after all.

“Yup, I do!” His pinky fingernail glowed and his Za dropped into his palm. He began to twirl it between his fingers as he spoke “This is my Za! She can make me magical sometimes! I don’t know what an AI is but it sounds pretty cool! Maybe Za and HN-4 can be friends?” 

Edited by Cinnamon
Oof, that wording was rough

Eliira walked over and raised an eyebrow. Zirn'rii zipped over and twirled around the drone, invisible to all except for Eliira. "Welcome to Mishmash Inn." She said, smiling. She held out her hand. "My name is Eliira, of Roshar. I am guessing you're a worldhopper too?"

@TheAlpha929

16 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

“Yup, I do!” His pinky fingernail glowed and his Za dropped into his palm. He began to twirl it between his fingers as he spoke “This is my Za! She can make me magical sometimes! I don’t know what an AI is but it sounds pretty cool! Maybe Za and HN-4 can be friends?” 

Alpha hesitated. “Uh- yes, I’m sure N-4 would love that,” he shot a glance at HN-4, “Though I’ll be honest, she’s a rather new invention of mine and I’m not sure she can simulate feelings… can you? Simulate feelings I mean?” He directed that last bit at the drone who had fallen silent for this conversation. “I can.” She seemed a little offended. “You ought to know that, but it seems you are too busy running from place to place, invention from invention.” 

I’m kind of planning for this to be part of my character’s arc, learning to care about HN-4, instead of being overly critical and focused on making her better. 

Also, sorry Telrao, I can’t quote your post in an edit. I forgot who reminded me to post in the first place! Consider it quoted.

“Anyway…” Alpha said. he then noticed Eliira approaching, and she introduces herself. “Thank you Eliira! Yes I suppose you could call it that. It certainly does roll of the tongue. ‘Worldhopper’. I believe I may have read a book many years ago, and it had worldhoppers I believe. It inspired me to eventually become an interdimensional explorer. Oh, my names Alpha Lethco. Alpha is just a cool word I like. It’s really Adam.”

Edited by TheAlpha929
Crap it’s in the box sorry. It is canon

"Okay, okay... hold your ryshandiums..." Fadran set a lid on the pot, then procured the envelope he'd taken from the filing cabinet. "I can't promise it'll taste good. Or... even really taste. Kindness was heckling Kris and me about food and flavor awhile back, so we took a look into changing Stormlight's consistency while still keeping it consumable."

Zirn'rii twirled in a happy loop before changing into his dragon form, tipping his head as he studied the envelope.

OOooooOOOOooOOOOOoooooo, he said excitedly as he landed on the table, licking his incorporeal chops.

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Would anyone like any more of this?" Fadran was stirring the remaining soup over a low-burning flame. "Or should I just put it in the fridge for now?"

Jay rushed back inside when he smelt the  Hodepodge soup he had so enjoyed. “Me, me, me! I want some!”

Edited by Cinnamon
Spelling

7 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"So... you guys don't have taste buds. Or mouths. Or any senses, really. Right? Just... you can tell when you're full of energy and you can tell when you're not."

Zirn'rii tipped his head. Well.... we can't exactly touch anything in the physical realm - including food - and we have no need of sustenance other than Stormlight... He tipped his head the other way and frowned. Yes, I think you are correct in saying that. But it is perhaps possible to taste - after all, in Shadesmar we can feel things...

Edited by Telrao
Wording :P

Just now, Telrao said:

Zirn'rii tipped his head. Well.... we can't exactly touch anything in the physical realm - including food - and we have no need of sustenance other than Stormlight... He tipped his head the other way and frowned. Yes, I think you are correct in saying that. But it is plausible to taste - after all, in Shadesmar we can feel things...

Jay looked up at Eliira and the amber magic friend that accompanied her. They seemed to be having a conversation about the magic friend eating. “Aww man! You don’t need any sustenance other than a this ‘Stormlight’? I can’t imagine only eating me type of food for the rest of eternity! Does Stormlight at least taste good?”

"Stormlight, like all investiture, is an energy form that propogates in wave form. What kind of Light it is 's dependent on the frequency. Stormlight is one very specific frequency, Voidlight is another, etcetera." Fadran cut into the envelope seal, reaching in for the spheres. "So all we had to do to 'flavor' it was to shift the phase into something different yet compatible. Here... try this one. Lemme know what it's like."

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO0OO0O0OOOOOOOO0O0OO0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Zirn'rii exclaimed as he hovered over one of the spheres. Eliira watched, smiling, as the sphere suddenly went dark, the Stormlight within drained completely. Zirn'rii suddenly let out an excited squeal.

EliiraeliiraeliiragueswhatguesswhatguesswhatIcanfeelemotionsinmymouththisissoawesomeisthiswhattastingfoodfeelslikeoooooooooooooothisissoawesomecannihavesummorewowowowowoowowwowoowowow!!!

Zirn'rii literally bounced off of the walls for the next minute.

Edited by Telrao

Jay, after hearing the Innkeeper’s confusing smart words decided he was way out of his depth and walked over to the simmering pot of soup, ladled out a good amount into a bowl and walked away to the corner of the room, content to observe and sip this delicious soup. This inn really was marvellous. His Za zipped out of his pocket and hovered by his head happily buzzing in ascent. It was marvellous, marvellous indeed.

"I don't think he knows what cardboard is." Eliira whispered, grinning as she watched Zirn'rii bound from one side of the room to the other. "And I don't think he cares how it tastes. You don't know how long he has been pestering me for something like this. So, uhm, thank you." 

Zirn'rii eventually settled down and zipped over to Eliira and Fadran. Again? He asked hopefully.

Zirn'rii vibrated in excitement and hovered between the blue ones. Hmmmm... he said. OOoooo BLUE! He absorbed the Stormlight from blue sphere and hummed softly.

This one tastes like.... mmmm... sausages! Or grass. Or both! He hummed happily again.