Channelknight Fadran

3 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako walked into the kitchen and went over to one of the chefs. "Queen and or chef, where are the plates?"

Quest extended his hand to Jane before quickly pulling it back and running it through his tangled hair. "Um, hi. My name is Quest. Sorry, I'm just a bit," Quest glanced down at his burned and soiled clothes, "out of sorts." 

"Eh, it's fine." She said, smiling. "No need to apologize for something that you can't control."

20 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The chef blinked, giving Miyako an irritated look, then pointed to one of the cabinets.

Hyron opened the specified cabinet, drawing out a plate. She looked around, looking for something to put on the plate.

What does the kitchen look like? What's where?

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron opened the specified cabinet, drawing out a plate. She looked around, looking for something to put on the plate.

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

The chef blinked, giving Miyako an irritated look, then pointed to one of the cabinets.

Miyako grabbed a plate from the aforementioned location and began to pile pasta on it.

1 hour ago, Random Bystander said:

"Eh, it's fine." She said, smiling. "No need to apologize for something that you can't control."

"Oh, yes. Um, sorry but why are you here again?" 

1 minute ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako grabbed a plate from the aforementioned location and began to pile pasta on it.

Hyron leaned over Miyako's shoulder. "What is that?" She asked.

hyron has no idea about foods outside of what's eaten on Juun, which mostly consists of fruits, nuts, and other tree related or forageable foodstuffs. sometimes meat, but usually not.

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

The kitchen was rather spacious, with multiple ovens, plenty of counter space, and a large pantry in the back big enough to fit some houses inside.

if you're just going to have pasta, you could wait, the voice pointed out. This will be served in a few hours. 

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron leaned over Miyako's shoulder. "What is that?" She asked.

Miyako glanced up from her mountainous pile of pasta, looking in shock at Hyron. "Amazing."

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

The kitchen was rather spacious, with multiple ovens, plenty of counter space, and a large pantry in the back big enough to fit some houses inside.

if you're just going to have pasta, you could wait, the voice pointed out. This will be served in a few hours. 

Nah. Do ya know where the sauce is?

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron wrinkled her lip. "It looks like dead vines. Why would you eat that?"

"WHY WOULD YOU-" Miyako paused, drawing in a long breath. "Because it's pasta." Miyako said, stressing the all beautiful word to the extent of abilities.

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

They haven't made that yet, the voice replied drily.

Tides. They don't have any stored or something?

"WHY WOULD YOU-" Miyako paused, drawing in a long breath. "Because it's pasta." Miyako said, stressing the all beautiful word to the extent of abilities.

Hyron just blinked at her. "You still haven't explained what this... pahs-tah.. is."

The word sounded foreign and strange on Hyron's lips. "And why it's so good."

She turned to the chef, "Do you have fresh fruits or produce or something?"

6 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron just blinked at her. "You still haven't explained what this... pahs-tah.. is."

Miyako blinked. "I don't need to explain it. It transcends simple-" Miyako sighed and scowled at Hyron. "None of that fruit junk for you. We're going get you some of the good stuff."

Edited by Mr. Misting

4 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

The chef pointed at the pantry without stopping to look at Hyron.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Tides. They don't have any stored or something?

Nope, replied the voice. If you want sauce, you're going to have to wait. Unless you want to make it yourself.

Edited by xinoehp512

3 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako blinked. "I don't need to explain it. It transcends simple-" Miyako sighed and scowled at Hyron. "None of that fruit stuff for you. We're going get you some of the good stuff."

4 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The chef pointed at the pantry without stopping to look at Hyron.

Nope, replied the voice. If you want sauce, you're going to have to wait. Unless you want to make it yourself.

"Listen," Hyron said, nodding to the chef and looking back at Miyako, "I'll try some, even though it looks awful, but I want something I'm familiar with. And apparently that's not even the full dish, you still need sauce!"

Hyron started to walk towards the pantry, in search of something that might remind her of home.

3 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"Listen," Hyron said, nodding to the chef and looking back at Miyako, "I'll try some, even though it looks awful, but I want something I'm familiar with. And apparently that's not even the full dish, you still need sauce!"

Hyron started to walk towards the pantry, in search of something that might remind her of home.

What would remind her of home?

20 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I'd like to hear more about them," Quendi said. "Origin stories have always intrigued me."

Of course you'd want one, now I have to think of one. It's going to be short because, I just wrote out the creation for the clinical universe

"It is a long story, so I'll shorten what I can."

Annimus began with the ritualistic throat clearing.

"Virbu, Carn, Yimll, and Ysill are the cause of it all. Though it was not intentional. For in the beginning there was only gods and humans."

@Channelknight Fadran @xinoehp512

22 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

Quest perked up when Kealie rolled(?) in on her vines. "Kealie! And, um, who is she?"

@Random Bystander

Quest grimaced in sympathy when he noticed Kealie's legs. "I can heal broken bones but it is more, um, messy. Most of what I do is just simulate natural healing processes, so trying to fix bone can cause it to heal incorrectly and lead to complications." 

“This is Jayne! She doesn’t remember anything, which is cool. Oh, and that’s okay with the healing thing. I’ll manage, though I should probably find some sort of splint.”

Haha oops just saw the later posts 

I like this nickname!

Kealie was rather confused for a moment, looked around, and then realized Vance was talking to her. “Oh! I’d like to try, if that’s okay.”

Edited by The Halcyon Girl

On 1/20/2023 at 2:54 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

something nut or fruit like, specifically like pecans for nuts, or walnuts. and for fruits, some type of hard fruit, akin to apples or pears.

There would be a lot of pebblefruit. Everything other than that has to be grown magically, for the most part. They do have access to growth acceleration magics, though, so there would be a few of a lot of fruits and nuts.

@CalanoCorvus

Edited by xinoehp512

16 hours ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“This is Jayne! She doesn’t remember anything, which is cool. Oh, and that’s okay with the healing thing. I’ll manage, though I should probably find some sort of splint.”

Kealie was rather confused for a moment, looked around, and then realized Vance was talking to her. “Oh! I’d like to try, if that’s okay.”

Sorry, I'm confused. You would like Quest to try the healing Kealie or not?

23 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

"They invited me along for a bit." She said with a shrug.

"Hmm." Quest nodded absently.

23 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

23 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Miyako watched as Hyron went to grab some fruit. She guessed that was fair. She probably wouldn't stop him even though pasta was leagues above any mere produce.

Miyako glowered at the universe for conspiring to give her pasta and no sauce to go along with it. Happenstance dared to ruin this plate of perfection.

Hmm. I really want Hyron and Miyako to make sauce together and be cute and all, but Miyako would never suggest this as she hates cooking. A dilemma. 

If that doesn't work she will just resort to bullying the cooks to make the sauce faster.

6 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako watched as Hyron went to grab some fruit. She guessed that was fair. She probably wouldn't stop him even though pasta was leagues above any mere produce.

Miyako glowered at the universe for conspiring to give her pasta and no sauce to go along with it. Happenstance dared to ruin this plate of perfection.

Yes, please.

8 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

Yerik peeked his head into the bustling kitchen. He spotted Miyako and walked over. "Where did Hyron go?"

On 1/20/2023 at 5:10 PM, The Wandering Wizard said:

"It is a long story, so I'll shorten what I can."

Annimus began with the ritualistic throat clearing.

"Virbu, Carn, Yimll, and Ysill are the cause of it all. Though it was not intentional. For in the beginning there was only gods and humans."

@Channelknight Fadran @xinoehp512

Anikel listened intensely.

Hyron walked into the pantry, then reached down for a handful of some nuts. She grinned. They certainly looked like the ones from home.

She looked around for some fruit, and found a rare few apples on a shelf higher up. She grinned wider. Apples were good.

She took one of them and took a large bite, walking out.

@Mr. Misting @xinoehp512

lmao miyako hyron sauce making bit woo