Channelknight Fadran

44 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Stronger than grown armor?"

"Never heard of it," Anikel replied. "But almost certainly."

40 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako looked down at Hyron's hand in hers. "Why are we running?"

"Can you selectively use your powers on certain parts of a magical effect while leaving the rest untouched?"

"Yeah." Quest slumped against his staff, looking down at the ground. "She attacked us and I couldn't hold her off. She took Antin and I couldn't stop her."

I don't get caught. And anyone who sees me doesn't live long enough to tell the tale.

All well and good, but don't forget that the Queen sees what her soldiers see.

7 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Never heard of it," Anikel replied. "But almost certainly."

49 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

"It's the armor that I have on right now. It's part of skin, forged from the escence of an animal. Does your armor bestow certain attributes like how mine bestows animal attributes?"

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"Because I want food," Hyron said.

"Well yeah I got that part." Miyako put one hand on her hip and lifted her other hand which was holding Hyron's. "But why are we running? And holding hands?"

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Alright. We just have to get him back, then. Easy."

Quest brightened. "Oh yeah! I couldn't get him back on my own, but now that you're here.." Quest began to pace excitedly. 

51 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I'm not sure. You can test it, I guess."

The witch pointed towards the runes. "Try to only drain the rune that is supplying the light rune with energy. In theory the light should slowly lose power as it stops being recharged."

23 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

All well and good, but don't forget that the Queen sees what her soldiers see.

Miyako made a noncommittal mental grunt noise.

Edited by Mr. Misting

25 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

The witch pointed towards the runes. "Try to only drain the rune that is supplying the light rune with energy. In theory the light should slowly lose power as it stops being recharged."

Antin went over to them. He did his best to feel the different frequencies, and when he was close he found he could. Now he just need to figure out which was which...

He cycled through them, emitting a tiny puff of each one's respective magic. It only hurt a little. Eventually, he found the one. He placed his hand on the correct rune.

1 hour ago, Mr. Misting said:

Quest brightened. "Oh yeah! I couldn't get him back on my own, but now that you're here.." Quest began to pace excitedly. 

"I... I thought we'd have taken care of her..." Vance thumbed back to where he'd come from. "Me and Kealie. She ambushed us first. I... it's my fault. I shouldn't have let her go."

11 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I... I thought we'd have taken care of her..." Vance thumbed back to where he'd come from. "Me and Kealie. She ambushed us first. I... it's my fault. I shouldn't have let her go."

"No...you, you met her too? What happened?"

49 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Antin went over to them. He did his best to feel the different frequencies, and when he was close he found he could. Now he just need to figure out which was which...

He cycled through them, emitting a tiny puff of each one's respective magic. It only hurt a little. Eventually, he found the one. He placed his hand on the correct rune.

Arcaene jumped forward, pointing at Antin. "Wait! What are you doing with the, erm, bursts of magic? Do you have other abilities?" 

"I figured there's no way that she'd just run off on us if she was powerful or wealthy or whatever enough to have that thing; not to mention the dimension itself was hidden. Thus, someone else would've put it there, meaning that by taking it, we'd have alerted that person to our presence as a legitimate threat. So then I figured and figured that they'd send the witch back at us," Vance drooped against a tree with his elbow, looking dejected, "and then she summoned a fire demon and nearly killed Kealie and now she has Antin, and - I -"

1 hour ago, Mr. Misting said:

"Well yeah I got that part." Miyako put one hand on her hip and lifted her other hand which was holding Hyron's. "But why are we running? And holding hands?"

Yerik gasped as he caught up to them, breathing heavily. "Wait. Hey. Slow down!"

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"It's the armor that I have on right now. It's part of skin, forged from the escence of an animal. Does your armor bestow certain attributes like how mine bestows animal attributes?"

"Not this armor," replied Anikel. "Unless you count my gauntlet. With a whole suit of Echo I could do a lot more."

2 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

"Are you objecting?" Hyron said, then shouted back at Yerik,

36 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Yerik gasped as he caught up to them, breathing heavily. "Wait. Hey. Slow down!"

"Keep up, Acolyte!"

54 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Arcaene jumped forward, pointing at Antin. "Wait! What are you doing with the, erm, bursts of magic? Do you have other abilities?" 

"Not really. It's part of the same. I can use the magic that builds up inside me when I dampen things."

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Not this armor," replied Anikel. "Unless you count my gauntlet. With a whole suit of Echo I could do a lot more."

"Hmmm, so the more of the material you have the better it is? For my race, the more magical a creature we consume the more abilities our armor can have besides the base enhancements from being a humanoid of that magical creature."

Annimus sighed, "I've hear the legends. All my people have heard the legends of those who managed to defeat a dragon and turn it's life force into armor. I've never been able to catch a magical creature really, nothing more than the occasional magical cat."

2 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Not really. It's part of the same. I can use the magic that builds up inside me when I dampen things."

"Hmm. What can you do with it?"

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

2 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"Are you objecting?" Hyron said, then shouted back at Yerik,

"Keep up, Acolyte!"

Miyako's face grew into a grin. "I'm not objecting...I just think you're going a little slow."

Miyako broke out into a dash, laughing wildly as she sprinted down the hallway.

3 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I figured there's no way that she'd just run off on us if she was powerful or wealthy or whatever enough to have that thing; not to mention the dimension itself was hidden. Thus, someone else would've put it there, meaning that by taking it, we'd have alerted that person to our presence as a legitimate threat. So then I figured and figured that they'd send the witch back at us," Vance drooped against a tree with his elbow, looking dejected, "and then she summoned a fire demon and nearly killed Kealie and now she has Antin, and - I -"

"Wait, how did she nearly kill Kealie? Last time we fought she retreated as soon as you attacked." Quest asked in despair.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

"That's good..." Quest pulled himself up from his staff. "Anyway let's go, um, free Antin and get back to Haly."

"Well we should let her know what's going on first. They're not far back."

And this is the part where we wait

@The Halcyon Girl @Random Bystander