Channelknight Fadran

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"How was your home destroyed, Anikel? What power could cause such disaster?"

@xinoehp512 @Channelknight Fadran

Anikel shrugged. "Something beyond the power of mortals. The name of the island was taken away, and no one who has visited there has returned." He paused. "At least, not sane."

7 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron raised an eyebrow. "And we'd do what when lost-but-not-lost?" She said, putting her hands on her hips.

7 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

You are officially servants, not prisoners. You can take it up with Mariel if you feel you are not being sufficiently contained.

Miyako pointed at her head. "See, even the voice agrees with me. We should go steal stuff and find dirt on the Queen and Mariel and I dunno I'll think of more things."

7 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I think you'll find it helpful in your research."

Arcaene snorted. "I'm not going to give my prisoner access to fire magic without a very good reason."

4 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Vance went ahead of Kealie and the newcomer to go let Quest and Antin know the situation. Two days away from them and we already pick up another crazy person...

He waved upon spotting Quest. "Hiya!"

@Mr. Misting

On 1/16/2023 at 11:21 AM, Mr. Misting said:

Quest paused. Was that Vance calling out ahead? Quest rushed forward to meet him. "Vance!"

Quest looked terrible. His clothes were unkempt and covered in burns and stains, his hair was unruly and he had bags under his eyes. He slumped on his staff and wore a tired sagging smile.

@xinoehp512

7 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako pointed at her head. "See, even the voice agrees with me. We should go steal stuff and find dirt on the Queen and Mariel and I dunno I'll think of more things."

Uh... don't actually steal things, if you can help it, suggested the voice. I don't think the Queen would take kindly to that...

12 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

5 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Uh... don't actually steal things, if you can help it, suggested the voice. I don't think the Queen would take kindly to that...

Hyron grinned. "Thank you, voice, for being the only sense of reason," She said, making eye contact with Miyako. "You," Hyron said, stepping up to her, "Are an absolute dumbass. A cocky one. Tone it down. Food. Then we can plan more. I'm hungry."

13 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Fine, don't it's the easiest way to test my magic. I guess it doesn't have to be fire, but that's ideal."

"Ok, I'm curious." The witch bent down and began to quickly draw out a rune circle. In a moment she pushed some energy into it and light began to softly glow from it. "Dolen if you would be so kind as to unlock our guest? And Antin, dear, don't try anything with Dolen. He doesn't have any magic. He doesn't need it."

13 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“Yeesh man. Did you lose a fight to a blast furnace?”

Quest sighed. "The witch got Antin."

6 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

46 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron grinned. "Thank you, voice, for being the only sense of reason," She said, making eye contact with Miyako. "You," Hyron said, stepping up to her, "Are an absolute dumbass. A cocky one. Tone it down. Food. Then we can plan more. I'm hungry."

Miyako rolled her eyes. "Fine. We can go grab some food and then plan." 

Also voice, I think a wide majority of people dislike being stolen from. Kinda the point.

16 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Anikel shrugged. "Something beyond the power of mortals. The name of the island was taken away, and no one who has visited there has returned." He paused. "At least, not sane."

"I have never heard of such a place, but how could the name be taken away?"

45 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

"Ok, I'm curious." The witch bent down and began to quickly draw out a rune circle. In a moment she pushed some energy into it and light began to softly glow from it. "Dolen if you would be so kind as to unlock our guest? And Antin, dear, don't try anything with Dolen. He doesn't have any magic. He doesn't need it."

Antin nodded. Once he was unbound, he placed his hand on the rune. Very subtly, his skin began to pale from its normal shade, and his hair began to grow darker.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Antin nodded. Once he was unbound, he placed his hand on the rune. Very subtly, his skin began to pale from its normal shade, and his hair began to grow darker.

Arcaene stepped back but watched intently as Antin touched the rune. "What happens to the energy after you consume it?"

3 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron nodded, "Yes, food. Now where the stalks even is it. I'm actually starving."

Voice, you know where it's at?

@Mr. Misting @xinoehp512

On 1/16/2023 at 5:16 PM, xinoehp512 said:

It just isn't, okay?

That won't be necessary, said the voice, switching topics deftly. The kitchen is just behind the throne room. She rattled off a string of directions.

3 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

Also voice, I think a wide majority of people dislike being stolen from. Kinda the point.

Just don't get caught.

3 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"I have never heard of such a place, but how could the name be taken away?"

Anikel shrugged. "It just... doesn't exist anymore. No one can remember it."

Edited by xinoehp512

1 hour ago, Mr. Misting said:

Arcaene stepped back but watched intently as Antin touched the rune. "What happens to the energy after you consume it?"

"We aren't sure. It's probably either absorption or destructive interference." Antin kept his hand on the rune.

16 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"So does that make this land your homeland then?"

@xinoehp512

"Maybe," Anikel replied seriously. "I hope so."

8 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"What kind of magic?" Quendi asked.

"The forging of metals," Anikel explained. "Like my armor- lighter than anything, and tougher to boot."

2 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

...Actually wait never mind I remember now. Yeah.

Hyron turned, grabbed Miyako's hand, and dashed down the hall. "Foods this way." She said.

@Mr. Misting

Miyako looked down at Hyron's hand in hers. "Why are we running?"

2 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"We aren't sure. It's probably either absorption or destructive interference." Antin kept his hand on the rune.

"Can you selectively use your powers on certain parts of a magical effect while leaving the rest untouched?"

2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"The - " Vance stopped. It took a couple seconds for it to hit him. "She came here?"

"Yeah." Quest slumped against his staff, looking down at the ground. "She attacked us and I couldn't hold her off. She took Antin and I couldn't stop her."

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Just don't get caught.

I don't get caught. And anyone who sees me doesn't live long enough to tell the tale.