Channelknight Fadran

30 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

The witch watched as Antin slumped to the ground. Absently she muttered to herself. "I wonder if I still have some chains in the basement..."

We could skip to when Antin wakes up. 

@Mr. Misting

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist
clarity

35 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:
37 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Timeskip. Does Vance and the gang just stay at the town? Also how long is this timeskip?

Antin awakes to find his arms chained to a stone wall. The room is about ten feet wide and twenty feet long. A wooden door stands at the end of the hallway, with a window made out of bars near the top of the door. To the right of the door there is a lantern, shedding dim light on his bare surroundings.

Edited by Mr. Misting

3 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Antin awakes to find his arms chained to a stone wall. The room is about ten feet wide and twenty feet long. A wooden door stands at the end of the hallway, with a window made out of bars near the top of the door. To the right of the door there is a lantern, shedding dim light on his bare surroundings.

Antin sat there, unsure what to do and unsure what would happen to him. He felt inside himself for magic reserves but found none he could use. He just waited for the witch to come.

3 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

"Oh, I'm from..." She paused. "Uh..." She frowned. "I don't know?"

“That’s okay. I don’t mind. Do you want a lift?” Eej grew out into a sort of couch with room for Jayne too. “You don’t have to, if you’re feeling restless. I am, but I broke my legs, so I’m stuck for now.”

4 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

“That’s okay. I don’t mind. Do you want a lift?” Eej grew out into a sort of couch with room for Jayne too. “You don’t have to, if you’re feeling restless. I am, but I broke my legs, so I’m stuck for now.”

"Yeah, thanks!"

On 1/14/2023 at 2:54 PM, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Antin sat there, unsure what to do and unsure what would happen to him. He felt inside himself for magic reserves but found none he could use. He just waited for the witch to come.

Antin waited for a long time. It is hard to tell how much time has passed in the cold cell, cut off from the world, but it felt like hours had gone by. The harsh light of the lantern burned through it all.

Eventually, Antin heard voices outside the cell. The jangling of keys rattled through the door and then the witch entered. Through the open door Antin could see a thick, gray skinned man who was covered in animal skins. On his belt he wore a pair of hatchets. 

The witch gave Antin an appraising look and turned back to the giant of a man. "Dolen, dear, you really should check on the prisoner more. Who knows how long he's been awake in here."

The man, apparently named Dolen slowly responded. "Yes Madam. I will do as you ask." His voice was rumbling gravel.

The witch looked back to Antin, weighing her next words. She wore a bandage over the top of her head and she wore a different dress than before. "What is your name?" She finally asked.

On 1/14/2023 at 3:45 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

Vance, having noticed how close they'd gotten, decided to hop ahead of the cart and the others to let Quest and Antin know the situation.

"Hello!" He called from the woods.

Quest paused. Was that Vance calling out ahead? Quest rushed forward to meet him. "Vance!"

Quest looked terrible. His clothes were unkempt and covered in burns and stains, his hair was unruly and he had bags under his eyes. He slumped on his staff and wore a tired sagging smile.

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

If we're done getting flustered, I would at least like to know who you are, Hyron thought at the voice, laying on her bed and staring at the ceiling.

Um, please.

@xinoehp512

Miyako continued walking until she arrived at Acolytes door. She banged on it loudly. "Wanna come get some food with us?"

@xinoehp512

Edited by Mr. Misting

1 minute ago, Mr. Misting said:

Antin waited for a long time. It is hard to tell how much time has passed in the cold cell, cut off from the world, but it felt like hours had gone by. The harsh light of the lantern burned through it all.

Eventually, Antin heard voices outside the cell. The jangling of keys rattled through the door and then the witch entered. Through the open door Antin could see a thick, gray skinned man who was covered in animal skins. On his belt he wore a pair of hatchets. 

The witch gave Antin an appraising look and turned back to the giant of a man. "Dolen, dear, you really should check on the prisoner more. Who knows how long he's been awake in here."

The man, apparently named Dolen slowly responded. "Yes Madam. I will do as you ask." His voice was rumbling gravel.

The witch looked back to Antin, weighing her next words. She wore a bandage over the top of her head and she wore a different dress than before. "What is your name?" She finally asked.

Quest paused. Was that Vance calling out ahead? Quest rushed forward to meet him. "Vance!"

Quest looked terrible. His clothes were unkempt and covered in burns and stains, his hair was unruly and he had bags under his eyes. He slumped on his staff and wore a tired sagging smile.

Miyako continued walking until she arrived at Acolytes door. She banged on it loudly. "Wanna come get some food with us?"

@xinoehp512

"My name is Antin. You?"

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

If we're done getting flustered, I would at least like to know who you are, Hyron thought at the voice, laying on her bed and staring at the ceiling.

Um, please.

@xinoehp512

It's not safe, insisted the voice.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

@xinoehp512

Yerik jumped up and pushed open the door. "Oh! Uh, sure."

3 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

It's not safe, insisted the voice.

Yerik jumped up and pushed open the door. "Oh! Uh, sure."

2 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron frowned from her spot on the bed. How is it not safe? She thought.

She sighed and stood, walking out the door and running after Miyako. "Where do we even go for food?" She asked.

@xinoehp512 @Mr. Misting

"We go up find a guard and we bug 'em until they bring us to a food place." Miyako said matter of factly.

3 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"My name is Antin. You?"

The witch frowned for a moment. "I suppose it can't hurt." She shrugged. "You may call me Arcaene."

2 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

"We go up find a guard and we bug 'em until they bring us to a food place." Miyako said matter of factly.

The witch frowned for a moment. "I suppose it can't hurt." She shrugged. "You may call me Arcaene."

"Great. What are you going to do to me?"