Channelknight Fadran

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Thought you'd never finish, the voice replied. Well done, by the way.

"Look," pleaded Anikel. "This isn't just about the money." He pulled the fragment of ore from his pocket. "This is the first piece of Echo we've found anywhere on Orteo. Do you understand what that means?"

@The Wandering Wizard

Yeah I'm amazing. Also what did I do?

9 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:
9 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

The witch glanced at Antin. "Do you have any last words before I, erm, kill you?"

Quest cleared his throat and pulled himself to his feet. "Could you take me and leave him alone?" 

The witch snorted. "Cute, but that's still no reason not to take you both."

Antin is unconscious and can't do anything, so...

Quest paused. The witch wasn't taking any actions even though he was defenseless. Upon thinking on it, the witch hadn't attacked Antin until he had acted offensively. He could use that.

Quest glanced down to Antin's unconscious body, fear and urge to help threatening to paralyze him. Quest straightened and called back a bit of his old strength, the well of determination that had come from putting his life in danger for his clan, and knowing they would do the same for him. There was no time for weakness in these kinds of situations.

"What do I have to do to stop you from hurting us?" Quest asked, all hint of his normal hesitancy abandoned. 

The witch let a small smirk grow on her face. "And now we finally find ourselves getting somewhere."

1 minute ago, Mr. Misting said:

Quest paused. The witch wasn't taking any actions even though he was defenseless. Upon thinking on it, the witch hadn't attacked Antin until he had acted offensively. He could use that.

Quest glanced down to Antin's unconscious body, fear and urge to help threatening to paralyze him. Quest straightened and called back a bit of his old strength, the well of determination that had come from putting his life in danger for his clan, and knowing they would do the same for him. There was no time for weakness in these kinds of situations.

"What do I have to do to stop you from hurting us?" Quest asked, all hint of his normal hesitancy abandoned. 

The witch let a small smirk grow on her face. "And now we finally find ourselves getting somewhere."

Antin stirred slightly, then opened his eyes. "What... ow."

8 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Our home was taken away from us," Anikel said softly. "Before I was born. They say it was some sort of demon, but... no one really knows." His eyes grew distant. "My father was a child when my people fled their home. I never knew it. But... I can feel the loss, even still. We know, deep down, that we don't really belong here. We're lost." He brandished the fist-sized reddish clump once again. "This changes that. It changes everything. It means... this place might really be home."

The mask of anger at anyone who would harm the forest cracks. His pride still holding it together.

I know that feeling, of being lost. Never feeling like your home, even when you are. I've been running for too far long. 

"I...I know what that feels like. My people never really fit in anywhere. We constantly move, at best we're barely tolerated, at worst..." A deeply bitter and angry tone enters his voice. "At worse we are hunted for what we are. We never want to harm anyone really. None in my tribe ever did, and that is what got them all murdered."

@Channelknight Fadran @xinoehp512

8 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Antin stirred slightly, then opened his eyes. "What... ow."

The witch paused for a moment, considering her options. After a moment a cruel smile began to grow on her face. "I'll take him." She said lightly, pointing towards Antin.

Quest began to nod but violently cut off, looking down at Antin and the witch with shock. "....what?!"

8 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Resist, replied the voice.

Its pretty easy actually. Are you guys just wimps or something? Who are you anyway?

Just now, Mr. Misting said:

The witch paused for a moment, considering her options. After a moment a cruel smile began to grow on her face. "I'll take him." She said lightly, pointing towards Antin.

Quest began to nod but violently cut off, looking down at Antin and the witch with shock. "....what?!"

"Huh?" Antin sounded dazed. "Take me... that seems bad."

12 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako gave Hyron a glance. "Your cute, but I've know ya for a week." Miyako pushed herself off the bed and went walking off to find some food.

Probably done if ya wanna talk voice

@xinoehp512

Hyron grinned wider, blushed harder. Stalks, so many emotions right now.

Hey, you wanna include me in the conversation? She asked the voice.

@xinoehp512

13 hours ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Kealie blinked in shock. What… what do I wan to do with my life? 

I don’t know. I should know this.

Kealie mentally ordered Eej 

to take her over to the girl. “Uh, sorry, missed your name.” She felt distracted, though.

It took a moment for Jayne to realize this new individual was talking to her. "Oh. I'm Jayne." She said.

3 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

Its pretty easy actually. Are you guys just wimps or something?

And yet not everyone is able, the voice replied. Not with the aether crystal right there.

3 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

Who are you anyway?

The voice hesitated for a moment before responding. A prisoner. Like yourselves. 

3 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron grinned wider, blushed harder. Stalks, so many emotions right now.

Hey, you wanna include me in the conversation? She asked the voice.

@xinoehp512

I was congratulating Miyako on resisting and- you know, this would be a lot easier if you could talk to each other like this.

3 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The mask of anger at anyone who would harm the forest cracks. His pride still holding it together.

I know that feeling, of being lost. Never feeling like your home, even when you are. I've been running for too far long. 

"I...I know what that feels like. My people never really fit in anywhere. We constantly move, at best we're barely tolerated, at worst..." A deeply bitter and angry tone enters his voice. "At worse we are hunted for what we are. We never want to harm anyone really. None in my tribe ever did, and that is what got them all murdered."

"So you understand," replied Anikel, fire in his eyes.

Edited by xinoehp512

50 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Yes, yes I do."

And in that moment something changed, something shifted. Annimus wanted to help these people that were lost like him. He couldn't go back to the forest anyways anymore. It was time his life had a purpose again, instead of being a sentinel.

"I will help you, after all. I have no where to go."

3 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Huh?" Antin sounded dazed. "Take me... that seems bad."

"No...no!" Quest said, raising his staff. "You can take me. I'm learning runes a-"

"Dear, you have some nice parlor tricks but nothing I can't find in a 5 year old. Your friend is something, hmm, special."

She turned to Antin, wrinkling her nose. "It's really not that bad, certainly preferable to dying, and I wouldn't even hold you that long. A year perhaps? I'll even let your little friend go, seeing as I have no use for him."

4 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Well, I wasn't born with this ability, the voice remarked drily. But yes. Mariel inducted you all as Namers.

Wait, so Miyako can't hear what the voice is saying to Hyron?

16 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

"No...no!" Quest said, raising his staff. "You can take me. I'm learning runes a-"

"Dear, you have some nice parlor tricks but nothing I can't find in a 5 year old. Your friend is something, hmm, special."

She turned to Antin, wrinkling her nose. "It's really not that bad, certainly preferable to dying, and I wouldn't even hold you that long. A year perhaps? I'll even let your little friend go, seeing as I have no use for him."

"I don't... want to. Quest? Should I go?"

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I don't... want to. Quest? Should I go?"

"No! No, of course not." Quest sounded desperate, as he frantically tried to think of a way out of this. "We...we could fight her!"

"You can?" The witch sounded amused. "How delightful."

38 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Yes, yes I do."

And in that moment something changed, something shifted. Annimus wanted to help these people that were lost like him. He couldn't go back to the forest anyways anymore. It was time his life had a purpose again, instead of being a sentinel.

Anikel nodded. "Come. We will discuss this with others of my people."

31 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Wait, so Miyako can't hear what the voice is saying to Hyron?

No. That is, she can't hear what Hyron is saying to the voice, so it would be out of context. If she asked, though, the voice would relay the information.

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

And yet not everyone is able, the voice replied. Not with the aether crystal right there.

The voice hesitated for a moment before responding. A prisoner. Like yourselves. 

Cool, I'll just follow up on this though.

Aether crystal? Ya mean that big red thing down by Mariel?

8 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Aether crystal? Ya mean that big red thing down by Mariel?

Yes. It is the source of Naming.

8 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Very well then."

Annimus follows Anikel to wherever he was heading.

Let's wait for @Channelknight Fadran in case he wants to be part of this too.

@Channelknight Fadran

57 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Yes, yes I do."

16 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

It would appear that I have fallen behind on this storyline. What’s going on?

27 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

It would appear that I have fallen behind on this storyline. What’s going on?

Spoiler
On 1/6/2023 at 0:58 PM, xinoehp512 said:

"No!" said Anikel, raising his hands defensively. "No need to cut more than that to get the ore. But... well, in the future, there will be more deposits there."

Yerik stared at the ceiling for a long time before he fell asleep.

The next morning, he was awoken by a loud banging on the door. "Wake up!" a soldier was shouting. "Princess Mariel requests your presence!"

On 1/10/2023 at 7:48 AM, The Wandering Wizard said:

"In the exact same spot? Or would more trees have to be cut down?"

On 1/10/2023 at 8:38 AM, xinoehp512 said:

"Well, there's a chance it'll form in the same spot. But it's far more likely to show up in a slightly different place."

17 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Hmpff!"

15 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Thought you'd never finish, the voice replied. Well done, by the way.

"Look," pleaded Anikel. "This isn't just about the money." He pulled the fragment of ore from his pocket. "This is the first piece of Echo we've found anywhere on Orteo. Do you understand what that means?"

@The Wandering Wizard

14 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"No."

Annimus stands firm. His curiousity tickles at his foundation, but his pride solidies his standing.

14 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Our home was taken away from us," Anikel said softly. "Before I was born. They say it was some sort of demon, but... no one really knows." His eyes grew distant. "My father was a child when my people fled their home. I never knew it. But... I can feel the loss, even still. We know, deep down, that we don't really belong here. We're lost." He brandished the fist-sized reddish clump once again. "This changes that. It changes everything. It means... this place might really be home."

5 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

I was congratulating Miyako on resisting and- you know, this would be a lot easier if you could talk to each other like this.

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Yes, yes I do."

44 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

39 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Very well then."

Annimus follows Anikel to wherever he was heading.

11 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Could you explain that?

Well, have you wondered yet why the Queen has not taken over the world?

1 hour ago, Mr. Misting said:

"No! No, of course not." Quest sounded desperate, as he frantically tried to think of a way out of this. "We...we could fight her!"

"You can?" The witch sounded amused. "How delightful."

"It's fine. I'll go. I don't care if I die."

@Mr. Misting

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist