So. Who do you think Zellion is?

stonehand

The outline looks like Plate, which barely narrows it down.  So, in order of my own personal Hopes:

• Unrevealed Singer Dustbringer
  • Unrevealed Listener Radiant 
  • Unrevealed Radiant, other.
  • Unrevealed dead-plate Shardbearer (Fused or otherwise).
  • EDIT:   Idea I saw on reddit:  "The most terrifying would be Dalinar's Fused Name/Form"

Edited by Quantus

SPOILERS FROM MISTBORN BoM:

Spoiler

Don't you think it could be something related to Trell? This is assuming the theory that Trell has a relation to Odium and that The Lost Metal it's releasing in a month instead of the two years for SA 5. 

Edited by Seruji
Spoiler

15 minutes ago, Seruji said:

SPOILERS FROM MISTBORN BoM:

Hide contents

Don't you think it could be something related to Trell? This is assuming the theory that Trell has a relation to Odium and that The Lost Metal it's releasing in a month instead of the two years for SA 5. 

I dont personally think so because Im, confinced the outline is Plate and I dont think they'll be able to get it off-world yet.  But I could be wrong. 

Also, despite Reddit having already decided it's the only possible answer, I very much do Not think that Zellion = El, because it makes no sense for both Doylist and Watsonian reasons.

4 minutes ago, Olmund said:

Could be a Shin shardbearer, given the setting of SA5. Zellion-son-Humbobumbo, or something -- his full name isn't given, but Szeth's isn't shown on the minifig art either.

That would make sense, at least from the upcoming arc and the prominent Z in the name which doesnt fit most other Rosharan cultures that I can think of offhand.  

Id love for it to be the real name of <Dolt>Son<Dolt>

Edited by Quantus

4 hours ago, Quantus said:
  • EDIT:   Idea I saw on reddit:  "The most terrifying would be Dalinar's Fused Name/Form"

This is the best idea, I love it.

I'm thinking through all the options though and maybe this could be a big bad setup for the back half of stormlight. I think Brandon has enough on his plate with book 5 that we don't need another big character, and the thing is the fused villains from RoW didn't get minis. So Zellion would have to get more done than Rabionel, in a book with a thousand loose threads during the duration of 10 days. I think Zellion might be a big name in the back half of stormlight, because otherwise he wouldn't be important enough to be made a special case spoiler mini. Also he's got to be a fused or parshendi or something, no way that's a human.

On 10/12/2022 at 0:48 PM, Quantus said:

I dont personally think so because Im, confinced the outline is Plate and I dont think they'll be able to get it off-world yet.  But I could be wrong. 

Also, despite Reddit having already decided it's the only possible answer, I very much do Not think that Zellion = El, because it makes no sense for both Doylist and Watsonian reasons.

That would make sense, at least from the upcoming arc and the prominent Z in the name which doesnt fit most other Rosharan cultures that I can think of offhand.  

Id love for it to be the real name of <Dolt>Son<Dolt>

The art work is revealed it is plate. 

12 hours ago, KandraAllomancer said:

OK, we have the official concept art. It looks very much like a Dustbringer. Odium's new champion?

Yes my money is on this is Odium's Champion. The blade also resembles the description of Ishar's Honoblade. 

Ishar Ishar (reclaimed) Tension & Adhesion Sinuous and lined with glyphs[9]

6p60j8i.png

So I am fully on Fused Blackthorn, but then I thought that would be the end result of the contest of champions for awhile. Zellion sounds like a Fused title to me, and that profile looks more human than Singer to me. 

What I love about this design is it gives me Vader vibes. Tall, dark and foreboding. I would push back on that being Ishar's blade, due to the length seemingly closer to a Sprenblade than a Honorblade. Though it being the Blackthorn with Ishar's blade is metal as hell, giving the Blackthorn bondsmith powers even if something happens to sever the bond with the SF

To me, the armor looks like corrupted Shardplate…

Who do we know with a corrupted Spren?

Now go read Oathbringer chapter 10 for a description of Glys as a Shardblade.

My theory is that Zellion is a fully corrupted Renarin Kholin.

It’s just the kind of twist that BS loooooves to spring on us.

Plus it would be an absolute Genius choice for Odium’s champion…. Imagine Dalinars reaction … who would he choose to fight his son?

Dustbringer armour has red highlights but if you look at the pictures they are at the natural seams of the armor.

They don’t have red cracks in their armour.

To me, it looks like corrupted Shardplate from someone with a corrupted Spren.

We know that Glys is this colour although maybe All corrupted Spren are reddish.

I know the blade is a placeholder, but maybe they just mean the color.

Shape-wise, the blade looks closest to Glys.

Corrupted Renarin baby!

Edited by Marabout

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2022 at 6:10 PM, Frustration said:

ZEllion.

So, for my latest horror theory, lets combine this with the corrupted Shardplate idea. A new kind of fused: Instead of possessing merely the body of a parsh-person, El tried to place his ‘self’ into a human. One of our beloved knight radiants. 

The resulting being managed to retain something of both personalities, but is mad and twisted. 

Which radiant? 
*Gives a suspicious side-eye to that Z*

Edited by Zea mays