Wizard's stories! (But mostly poems)

On 10/14/2022 at 3:57 PM, Ranryu said:

That's really cool! :lol:

Thank you, because I kinda liked it but I'm not quite satisfied without how it turned out.

I found a fun prompt generator that you can use to give me prompts, this is for everyone, but I might not do romance stories, maybe, depends.

634c2780bc21b_Screenshot2022-10-1610_43_59AM.png.6da7cdcd3cd3344a667a81bb7bb1457b.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Writing prompt if anyone wants to procrastinate:

"Why don't you come in?"

"Alright. Where were you again? Ah yes, the story of the young woman. Please, continue."

"Turning the corner, she saw it. It was them. They were back. And they had killed him. But she had died long before that. Long before she met them. Long before he died. And now she was out to finally destroy them... I know what you did, Ixtal. There's no running away from it now."

"Wh-h-How-"

The woman in front of him removed her cloak. Ixtal's face whitened and his eyes grew wide. 

It was Nurku. She was supposed to be dead.

And he was supposed to have killed her.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2022 at 8:53 PM, Kajsa :) said:

Prompt:

"Admit it."

Well I finished this one earlier today and it was a rollercoaster. A good one though and I hope you all enjoy it. :D

#10 Admit it

Spoiler

The pain is always there, lurking beneath the surface. A shark, ready to consume me the moment I fall beneath the surface. So I swim, struggling stroke to stroke to just stay above the water. I know what happens when you go under. Last time I had a friend who pulled me up, still have the scar to prove it. I can feel the island, still a mile away.

Is it, is it getting further away? I can't tell anymore. All I know is the swim, backstroke, front stroke. That's all I've ever known. I was never taught the butterfly stroke, nor the weird chicken-airplane-soldier. I've heard of others who know such techniques and they coast by me. Leaving me, struggling to stroke as waves crash over me. Water clogging my lungs. I don't know how long I have left. I just keep stroking to the fading pulse of my heart. Following in the wake of my friend's boat. My vision tunnels to the white wake of crashing waves and my sea spray soaked shirt. The sharks lurk closer as my strokes fade and I question the futility of this exercise. Don't I already know this? Can't I just not suffer anymore? I see my friends stroking beside me, waves far greater than mine breaking over them. The waves are endless, eternal, constantly pushing me towards the bottomless depths, towards the dark. 

My arms tire and begin to stop stroking, "perhaps, perhaps it is better to just give up and end this infernal quest. I know that I can't make it to the end." I turn my eyes downward, towards the murky depths. Slowly I begin to sink below the waves, when a hand shoots forth and steadies me. I cast my eyes upward to behold my savior standing there. A kindly smile splits his face as he helps me up and gives me a hug.

"You know who you are, where you came from, why you are here, and where you must go. Let your light shine forth so that others may see."

I grin, a face cracking smile and respond. "That I can do, I will share your love. I will not let another think they are alone when they are not."

The vision ends and I start swimming once more. For from that hour, peace bound up my broken heart. The peace in the knowledge that everything would be alright in the end. That I would one day reach the shore, and be greeted by all those who went before.

@CalanoCorvus @Shining Silhouette @That1Cellist @Ranryu @InfiniteInsanity @Witless of Shinovar

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

18 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Well I finished this one earlier today and it was a rollercoaster. A good one though and I hope you all enjoy it. :D

#10 Admit it

Reveal hidden contents

The pain is always there, lurking beneath the surface. A shark, ready to consume me the moment I fall beneath the surface. So I swim, struggling stroke to stroke to just stay above the water. I know what happens when you go under. Last time I had a friend who pulled me up, still have the scar to prove it. I can feel the island, still a mile away.

Is it, is it getting further away? I can't tell anymore. All I know is the swim, backstroke, front stroke. That's all I've ever known. I was never taught the butterfly stroke, nor the weird chicken-airplane-soldier. I've heard of others who know such techniques and they coast by me. Leaving me, struggling to stroke as waves crash over me. Water clogging my lungs. I don't know how long I have left. I just keep stroking to the fading pulse of my heart. Following in the wake of my friend's boat. My vision tunnels to the white wake of crashing waves and my sea spray soaked shirt. The sharks lurk closer as my strokes fade and I question the futility of this exercise. Don't I already know this? Can't I just not suffer anymore? I see my friends stroking beside me, waves far greater than mine breaking over them. The waves are endless, eternal, constantly pushing me towards the bottomless depths, towards the dark. 

My arms tire and begin to stop stroking, "perhaps, perhaps it is better to just give up and end this infernal quest. I know that I can't make it to the end." I turn my eyes downward, towards the murky depths. Slowly I begin to sink below the waves, when a hand shoots forth and steadies me. I cast my eyes upward to behold my savior standing there. A kindly smile splits his face as he helps me up and gives me a hug.

"You know who you are, where you came from, why you are here, and where you must go. Let your light shine forth so that others may see."

I grin, a face cracking smile and respond. "That I can do, I will share your love. I will not let another think they are alone when they are not."

The vision ends and I start swimming once more. For from that hour, peace bound up my broken heart. The peace in the knowledge that everything would be alright in the end. That I would one day reach the shore, and be greeted by all those who went before.

@CalanoCorvus @Shining Silhouette @That1Cellist @Ranryu @InfiniteInsanity @Witless of Shinovar

I feel that one. It’s breathtaking.

You should try and get something published.

20 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

#10 Admit it

Reveal hidden contents

That hit me right in the feels. Your writing is really poetic. I love it!

Stupid rep limit

Edited by Witless of Shinovar

42 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

#10 Admit it

Reveal hidden contents

Oh, I love it.

5 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

I feel that one. It’s breathtaking.

You should try and get something published.

Thank you!

I've thought about it, but first I have to have something to publish. Which I am actually working on right now and I've gotten really excited about it.

4 minutes ago, Witless of Shinovar said:

That hit me right in the feels. Your writing is really poetic. I love it!

Stupid rep limit

15 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Oh, I love it.

Thank you both! It has been a great confidence booster to know that people do actually like my work :D

3 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

#10 Admit it

Reveal hidden contents

Storms. That really does hurt through a couple of peripheral pathways in additional to the direct one.

Some poetry that I've been writing to get the feelings out lately, though Shatter Me is an older one :P

Shatter Me

Spoiler

Shatter me

Tear me down

Shove me to the brink

Toss me over 

Send me careening into the depths of

Fear

Loneliness

Depression

Suicide

Take my fear

Rip it

Twist it

Grow it into vines

Strangle me in the fear of

Myself

Love

Laughter

Joy

The Light

Living

Take my bridges

Shatter them

Rip them

Set them on fire

Leave me stranded when the storms come

Alone

Alone

Alone

Send the storms

Hide me from sight in their embrace 

The smothering blackness

Let it seep inside

Choke out the light

Let the rain freeze, me

The lightning strike, me

I don't care

Anymore

Anymore

Anymore

Take me to the eye of the storm

Show the bleakness before

The utter darkness to come

Shove me into the darkness

Show me there is no other choice

No other way

There never was any light, only darkness

That this is the only option, to end it on my terms

It’s time to say goodbye

There never was another way

Never 

Never

Never

Shatter Me, God

Grind my bones under pestle and mortar

Flay me past death

Send me into the Abyss

So that I can truly

See

Learn

Grow

Change 

Help

Hope

Love

Break this tainted glass

Rip out the blinders

Obliterate my perfect little world

Crumple me with pain

O how did I not see it before

Cries my soul

As I truly see for the first time

Their fear 

Their pain 

Their struggles

Send me their pain

Make me their rock

Dump it all on me

Watch it shatter me

Overwhelm me to paralysis

Bring back my demons

Start to drag me under once more

How do you help

How

How

How

Send me deeper

Shatter me some more

Set the world upon my shoulders

Keep a steadying hand nearby as I fall

Catch the world and put it back

Show me that I can 

Encourage 

Support 

Help

Teach

Shatter me

So that I can help

Tear me down

So I can grow back stronger

Shove me to the brink

So I can see them

Toss me over 

To save them

Send me careening into the depths

To bring them back

Fear

Open your eyes

Loneliness

You are never alone

Depression

I am here

Suicide

Give a hug

There is light

Help

Hope

Love

Beauty

I have sent you

Spoiler

I have sent you 

Is the only answer I’ve got

The tears still run down my face

As I ask why

The answer comes again

And my soul cries out

WHY

WHY ME

The answer is not slow nor quick to come

Yet to me it seems an eternity

To quench the pain of my aching soul

As I quietly sob, 

HELP THEM, 

PLEASE HELP THEM 

At last the answer reaches me

Yet still my soul does not still

Though I have received my answer

I know my skills

I know what I have been given

It does not seem enough

It never seems enough

I have failed

Utterly

Completely

And this still stings my soul

Even as I have my answer

Even as I know

Even as I know that they should have been enough

But they were given to me

Not another

Not one who could use them

Not to one who knows 

Not to one who cared to develop them before they were needed

I have failed

And yet

And yet I feel his peace

I feel his hand rest on my left shoulder

I can FEEL it

And the peace speaks to my soul

Honest

Truthful

And I still cry

Though the tears have changed

And I hope for the better

Remember

Spoiler

Remember 

Remember who you are

What you mean to me

Remember

The words cut through my soul

Lay bare some of my deepest fears

And wonderfully 

Magically

They assuage it

They calm them

Remove some fears completely 

And I wonder at the power

The power of these simple heartfelt words

Remember who you are

Remember what you mean to me

Fear

Spoiler

Fear

Fear consumes

It destroys

Gnawing at the roots

Of my peace

Destroying any comfort that existed before

I care

And so it hurts

When I fear for them

When it seeks to strangle me

It clouds my vision

Darkens my view

My perspective

Blinding me to truth

I would not have it any other way

But this fear

Is all consuming

All destroying

How can any stand against it?

How is it possible?

Why?

Why?

Why?

I know the answer

But it brings no comfort

For I fear for them

Never for myself

And that

Makes it all the more painful

And gives it power over me

And thus it is all the more powerful

And I can not shake it

100 people

Spoiler

Surrounded by 100 people

I feel like the loneliest person

In the whole world

Left alone in the hallway

Not many see me

Invisible

Compacted to be small

Hidden to their eyes

But I see them

Their joy as they bounce down the halls

Their sadness as they cry down the hallway

Their anger as they heatedly converse

I see them

Yet they can’t see me

It is a gift I think

A gift weaponized against me

All their emotions crash on me

The waves drowning me out

Dragging me 

down

down 

down

It’s unblockable

Unstoppable 

Uncaring

Deadly

My greatest gift

My greatest blessing

Destroyed

Shattered

Weaponized

Turned back on me

What used to help me feel

To truly care

Has turned to numbness

To not caring at all

It returns the thoughts

The terrifying ones

The dark ones

All the ones I thought gone

Lost forever

Never to come back

But they did

With reinforcements

Certain thoughts are readily disarmed

But this army of 100 and more

Has weaponized them

Against

Me

Or did I do it

Turned this gift against myself

Turned it right around

And pulled the trigger

I don’t know

And that thought shakes me to my knees

Terrifies me  

More than anything else

Case point, have some more poems :P

Thief

Spoiler

In the night 

There is a being

One who is most vile

Who lowers others

Like unto himself

He comes and steals

All the good things

The good thoughts

The good memories

All of my friends

Feelings

Emotions

Cackling he replaces them

With numbness

Worthlessness

Doubt

Fear

Terror

His grip is strong

His thoughts hold sway

Unshakeable

Unbreakable

Dominating

The terror crumples

Into numbness

Into tear

Into terror

The cycle begins again

Dominating

Unbreakable

Unshakeable

Invisible

Spoiler

When you wander the halls 

do you see them?

Do you see their pain?

Do you even care?

Do you see the kid against the wall?

The people crying in the halls?

Their strained smiles?

Their ever present fear?

Do you?

The world is a terrible place

So stay in your bubble

Your safe place

Leave them in the storm

Leave them for the wolves

Let life destroy them

The storms take them

Don’t care about them

But I will

I see them

I as one of them

I just wish to help

Yet I am just a broken

Torn apart by life

By fear

And pain

And anguish

Paralyzed by feeling

Sent into numbness

And none of them see

None choose to see

None care, except those who are not there

Those I wish around me every hour

Can never be around long enough

Or never at all

The double-edged sword

Spoiler

I was given a sword

Never told what kind it was

Always I assumed it was 

A single-edged sword

It cut away at the brambles

Cut away at their foes

Allow me to see them

To help them

To care deeper than I ever did before

And I was happy for the gift

Grateful

Amazed

Excited

Ready to explore 

Felt I could take on anything

I could do anything

Until

Until I couldn’t

Until the emotions began to drown me

Then the war turned against me

I began losing battles

Began to go numb even as I won a few

Began to lose to the darkness

Once again

I thought I was at the top of a mighty hill

With a single-edged sword

Turns out I was in a pit

With a double-edged sword

With a double-edged sword

Random Lara(ulen) and Aero scene my brain decided to write! Hehe, my hopeless romantic brain loves them so much <3

Spoiler

Lara's feet tapped to the beat of the fight, the air guiding her steps as she danced around the fire. Her opponent grinned and slashed his sword through the fire, sending a bar of fire racing at her. She swiftly dodged to the side of the fire and slapped the air with her dagger, pushing it to slap his face.

Do you yield? Liltingly signed Lara. I could slap you all day.

"Of course you could," grunted Aero. Shaking off the slap, he raised his head and Lara noticed a small cut where she'd slapped him.

She flinched slightly as the past tried to resurface and the unease flowed through her body, distrupting her flow. The next bar of fire raced towards her and she narrowly dodged this time. Growling she felt the air around her, the air that flowed through her daggers, causing them to whistle. They were a natural extension of her body, she, the knife, and the air were one. Casting off the uneasy she jumped through the air, leaping over the campfire. Her daggers whistling in the air around her, hovering around her as her protective wings. Aero had only two swords against her hail of daggers, he was quick, lightning quick. But she was quicker and slipped a knife past his guard, letting it hover at his throat.

Grinning she signed, do you give in now?

"Not yet love." Cooly replied Aero.

Swiftly he brought his sword up and smacked the dagger away. Instinctively she pushed the second one into his neck, barely stopping herself from drawing more than just a little blood.

She froze, seeing a little child in front of her. The child looked up and smiled at her, showing her a flower she'd found. She was outside her body watching, helpless as the emotionless Thorn pushed the knife into the child's neck and she fell.

"It's okay," the words felt distant to her. "I've got you." 

The arms tightened around her, their warmth spreading through her. "It's alright Laraulen. I've got you."

Lara rested her head on his chest and cried. She listened to the quiet murmurings of Aero as he held her tight and slowly drifted off. The memories fading, their horrors failing to haunt her dreams. As they always did in his arms, the safest place in the world. Where nothing could haunt her but his love.

@CalanoCorvus