Quick Fix 59: Bachelor--Roshar edition!

Lotus

So I wrote like all of this post last night before I fell asleep at my computer and then went to bed for real so someo f this mgiht ahgve been talked about already 

I voted Archer about when I said I did in thread at like 1336 my time which I think is pacific

Votes people said they were doing if I missed anything let me know a lot of people didnt use red and the bold on my computer barely 

People who mentioned Striker in bold the first time

• Ashbringer says maybe a poke on Devotary
  • Archers says pool of Kasimir, The Unknown Aon, Matrim
  • Kasimir votes Archer for weird strategy
  • Matrim says maybe a poke on Mailliw
  • Amanuensis votes Thaidakar for inactivity and also the pun I think?
  • JNV (thats me!) votes Archer for weird logic
  • Illwei votes Matrim for weak village read
  • Amanuensis votes Striker for a long list of reasons
  • Striker votes Archer cause they "forgot"
  • Kasimir votes JNV asking for thoughts
  • Matrim votes Striker for misrepreseting 
  • Amanuensis says pool of Thaidakar, Striker, Illwei
  • Ashbringer maybe votes Striker for being confusing
  • Amanuensis changse pool to Striker Illwie but basicaly deinitely Striker cause inactive Thaidakar
  • Mtarim says voting Striker but pool also has Ashbringer Archer
  • Devotary votes Striker for caring about opinions
  • Amanuensis changes pool to Archer Striker cause thread discussion meant not evil or something Im not really sure
  • Illwei joke fake votes Amanuensis
  • Amanuensis joke fake votes Amanuensis
  • Orlok says pool of Archer striker

Actual votes

Stricker (8): Kasimir, Matrim's dice, Devotary, AshAmanuensis, Illwei, Bort, Orlok

Ash (2): Experience, Stricker

Illwei (1): The Unknown Aon

JNV (1): Maillwi

Experience (1): Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Archer(1): JNV

Bort mentioned earlier suspicion on page 3

Illwei mentioned Strikers post felt off on page 3

Orlok said will vote one of Striker archer bottom of page 5 and I know they said they were busy but timing wise this is hmm espeically since they dont mention much reasoning

Ok thinking there is a bus there has to be a turning point somewhere but also there could be people who mentiond suspicion of Striker earlier too and hid the vote but there has to be a point of no return arc

I think at around Strikers "please vote Archer" post they assumed they were doomed so the turning point is before that and Amanuensis was the first blow so definitely after that 

The striker narrative goes something like this

• The reads list
  • Amanuensis critizies and votes
  • Striker responds
  • Amanuensis criticizes again
  • Kasimir criticizes minorly (they said they downplayedd their suspicion)
  • Matrim criticizes and votes
  • A bit of silence then Ashbringer pseudovotes Striker
  • More Striker Amanuensis back and forth
  • Devotary vote
  • The "oh no Im doomed" bit

The ones that have suspicious timing are Ashbringer (really this is because I didnt get why you did that but its almost midnight here and Im really tired so if I missed something obvious just let me know) (ok coming back in the morning and I still dont get why you did this so...) and Devotary (honestly this is less hmm but everything is hmm after a certain time)

And then there's Archer who didnt even vote despite the whole big plan which is also hmm

Going off Strikers read list and the weird reads that dont really seem to logically follow Thaidakar seems worse Archer seems better

And Striker voted Ashbringer which in a bus world seems hmm

Ok away from the Striker bit for a while The Unknown Aon didnt mention any vote earlier (unless I missed it let me know) which is hmm and Thaidakar didnt' mention either so also hmm and combined with earlier hmm means proper sus

(Oh by the way @Amanuensis Ive seen "executive fire drill" used sometimes to mean similar to "Chinese fire drill" cause executives dont do much)

(Oh and I saw this a few times but my pronouns are they/them!)

Ok the now bit

so summery of above order of sus descending Ashbinger Thaidakar Archer and honestly less Archer mostly just residual from last bit 

Looking at Ashbringer's posts

1. Maybe vote Devotary
  2. Objects random voting
  3. Still objects random voting but proposes what is similar in execution of obfuscate but two and not random
    1. In practice the same caues peopple odnt really vote randomly I dont think
  4. Old random vote game basiclaly vanilal
  5. Nothing
  6. Refernce to old game
  7. Likes anon votes hates lying 
  8. Kind of skimmed Archer
    1. Hmm
    2. Honestly a bi better cause less careful or could be intentionally starting argument but maybe just hm
  9. Votes Archer because associated? Mentions Thaidakar for hush and The Unknown Aon for agreement lpus vote
    1. Hmm
    2. Were they erally? I dont see it
  10. Seems hyperfocusd on ties to Archer
    1. I dont think they were tied that much until ths post which is very hmm
  11. More focuso n ties sepcially how other peoplr are doing it
    1. hmmm
  12. Then a randm vote on Striker
    1. hmmmm
  13. Responses
  14. Wants Amanuensis to live 
    1. Not really anything
  15. Might not vote
    1. Hmmm
    2. Btu then did on someone for no reason hmmmmm
  16. Nothing

A lot of hmms there and some very long hmms at that so... (by the way the number of ms in the hmm is how suspicious the thing is with hmm as defualt "huh thats weird" hm as "could go either way")

And then today they said something about how they are playing like an elim which is so hmmmmmmmm I dont even have enough ms lampshading much 

Im not going to factor in the Thaidakar two accounts thing cause Im not informed on that but I do have a rpoblem with not suspectinv inactives ause thye dont relaly exist enough to tell so I could go Thaidakar if someone wants to make good points also Ill reread Amanuensis's posts to see if I msised some key detail or something but for now Ashbringer 

1 hour ago, Amanuensis said:

Kas yellow cause I want to v!read him but I haven't seen him get ML guilt yet, so idk could believe that he wasn't obfuscating his Striker vote as much as he was trying to be thread control to get someone else exed for Striker, and then ended up busing him. Very likely green but I think e!Kas could pull that off :P

It's a fair line of thought, but I also wanted to take a moment to address the ML guilt point, because if it was from another player (well, some other players), I'd be seriously confused and a bit wary. This is a normal regular ruleset minus the anon voting mechanic. This means that unless I am some secret god at concealing my alignment (though I guess some members of the playerbase act as though they believe I am...), I can be read in the usual ways: via my thoughts scratched into the thread, via my votes, via my suspicions, my thought processes, and my voting track record. Though I take the point to be more open and probably less lazy.

Given the wealth of standard measures used to read a player, it's not clear to me why the ML guilt point should be decisive, and I would never consent to a statement where the only way I can help people Village read me is by landing up with ML guilt because...why would it be? See above.

The elephant in the room is that it's the one hallmark of my Village playstyle that no one seriously expects me to be able to replicate when Evil, both because I have strong principles about what I consider to be emotional manipulation, and because I can't invent emotion I don't seriously feel.

Which is where I'm going to just flatout say: I plan to solve the game for as long as I am alive, and to do my best to help find and lynch the remaining Elims. This should help clarify reads of me. I also pray to all the SE gods that I will not experience ML guilt. First, because ML guilt is not a fun experience, and involves feelings of intense self-hatred, guilt, and uselessness, second, because ML guilt cycles usually get me to push myself to the point of physical and mental burnout, if not actual mental/physical health issues (I've stated before publicly that I cried with relief when the Elim team in AG8 finally killed me), third, because ML guilt resulted in an uncharacteristically poor C1 performance from me in MR56, and fourth, because I spent an entire wonderful Village-sided game in LG83 with zero ML guilt whatsoever, and still ended up being moderately effective in identifying the Elims, even if TJ and Araris both gave me the runaround. ML guilt was not necessary: sure, it helped a lot in getting Meerkat D3 to happen, but it was unhealthy self-flagellation and as I've stated several times in public, I am continuously working towards breaking the cycle of self-destruction.

I don't blame players for wanting to use ML guilt as a quick and easy shorthand to solve me. But I'm currently being very brutally upfront about my views on that, which is that I am working to eliminate that shorthand, for the sake of my personal wellbeing and effectiveness as a player. I accept that people will do what they need to do, and I will do what I need to do. That's just how it's going to be.

If the Elims NK me, I welcome the kill. Lord knows the LG83 Traitor team soon found out very quickly it's hard to have leverage over a player who doesn't actually care about surviving even though that was technically my wincon :P If at any point, this doesn't work, and my flip is absolutely required, then so be it. I'm always ready to die as soon as I begin playing, and my basic attitude is that I'm always just really seeking to trade my life for maximum value for the Village.

I'm saying this because I want to emphasise how dead serious I am: A. my alignment should never be hinging on ML guilt in the first place, and I accept the implied failure on my part, and B. more importantly, this is a hill I am utterly and dead serious willing to die on. If I get ML guilt this game, which is a distinct possibility, I'm considering this a failure of my attempts to develop a healthier playstyle, and I am absolutely not going to support or play towards any SE meta which wants me to put myself in that headspace.

If anyone mentions this in a future game, link them to this. Here I stand.

And having now said that:

4 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

... I also don't much like the position of saving myself from death by attempting to climb the moral high ground.

Does that even make sense?

I'm going to sleep I can barely type >>

I'm still divided about Ash. But at the same time, this I get (having just made my own stand), but I just really can't see a principled stand and an utter dgaf for death at that extent to be Evil, given that it's the Thaid train that's at stake here. If Thaid and Ash were E/E, I'd expect Ash to probably be a bit more invested in alternatives, rather than offering a statement of principle at any rate. Maybe Ash is a principled Elim. But I'd like to think Elims generally would be a lot more willing to take the out offered. And regardless, he has honour, and I respect that. (Shades of LG83!Kas again I suppose.) Ash, Thaid. Lesgo I guess.

Apologies for not being around this cycle. Serious issues in my personal life have re-emerged, and left me without sleep or mental capacity today.

In response to some of what has been said about my own vote:

I placed my vote at the very end of the cycle. I did this because I’m aware that my playstyle leaves me behind, and it was the first cycle one I’ve been semi-current on since returning, so wanted to make an effort to vote. I was not, however, up to date with the thread properly. At the point I began a quick read of the thread, knowing I wouldn’t catch up in time, I had Experience and TUA as my least trusted players. I didn’t see anything warranting a concerted effort to lynch them from my post-page one skim, and beyond that, it seemed like most of the discussion was on Archer and Striker - and my skim suggested that they were both contenders for the lynch. I would have supported one of them dying on policy grounds, purely for C2 information, and judged Striker to be the better vote than Archer, who I felt I was forming more of a read on.

I will continue my D1 analysis, but my level of engagement will sadly be subject to things getting slightly better in my personal life.

I just got my widsom teeth taken out, so my brains working a little slow right now. I read through the three pages, but I didn't catch if anyone asked me questions specifically. If you did, plz let me know so I can answer.

Also, are people saying when they voted or...? Looked like some people were doing that. 

5 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

remembers where she saw Pearl Chamaleons reads lists, I wouldn't be surprised if he treated Turquoise Gorilla similarly.

That reads list was D2, page 15. Gorilla was the most suspected of his teammates.
Village: Chartreuse Penguin, Salmon Meerkat
Mild Village: Amber Vulture, Charcoal Hyena, Onyx Flamingo, Scarlet Octopous, 
Null:  Coral Swan (almost to mild village, however), Fuschia Ostrich, Melon Dingo, Mint Heron, Oxblood Beagle, Plum Rhinoceros, Sapphire Elephant, Sunburst Toucan,
Mild Elim: Amethyst Scorpion, Azure Mouse, Emerald Falcon, Ivory Dragonfly, Quartz Zebra, Turquoise Gorilla, Violet Axolotl
Elim: Saffron Iguana

This game we have Striker putting Thaid as neutral wanting to hear more and Ash as mostly good but confused why he's defending Archer and wanting to kill Archer first. That suggests v!Archer to me with a higher possibility of e!Ash since flipping Archer village would 'resolve' Striker's suspicions of e/e Archer-Ash while making it harder for Striker to vote v!Ash if Archer flipped village.

I was going to put RP in here but I still haven't finished C1 stuff much less started on C2 prompts, so I'll just put in a vote for Ashbringer here and do cycle 2 and 3 prompts if I live until next cycle.

8 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

That reads list was D2, page 15. Gorilla was the most suspected of his teammates.
Village: Chartreuse Penguin, Salmon Meerkat
Mild Village: Amber Vulture, Charcoal Hyena, Onyx Flamingo, Scarlet Octopous, 
Null:  Coral Swan (almost to mild village, however), Fuschia Ostrich, Melon Dingo, Mint Heron, Oxblood Beagle, Plum Rhinoceros, Sapphire Elephant, Sunburst Toucan,
Mild Elim: Amethyst Scorpion, Azure Mouse, Emerald Falcon, Ivory Dragonfly, Quartz Zebra, Turquoise Gorilla, Violet Axolotl
Elim: Saffron Iguana

This game we have Striker putting Thaid as neutral wanting to hear more and Ash as mostly good but confused why he's defending Archer and wanting to kill Archer first. That suggests v!Archer to me with a higher possibility of e!Ash since flipping Archer village would 'resolve' Striker's suspicions of e/e Archer-Ash while making it harder for Striker to vote v!Ash if Archer flipped village.

I was going to put RP in here but I still haven't finished C1 stuff much less started on C2 prompts, so I'll just put in a vote for Ashbringer here and do cycle 2 and 3 prompts if I live until next cycle.

Hm, perhaps the more fitting analogy is Pearl's read of Melon, not Turquoise. Turquoise had done things to warrant suspicion, whereas Melon had not yet done much (I'm pretty sure Ash only RP'd that game). In this game, Thaid had done literally nothing.

Also want to point out that Striker told me a few times his Ash suspicion was independent of Archer, and that he'd be pursuing Ash if Archer didn't pan out.

On 3/9/2022 at 10:10 PM, StrikerEZ said:

No, like…Archer and Ash are both players I suspect. If people don’t wanna go for Archer, I could go for Ash. My suspicions of them are independent of each other, even if how I originally got to Ash was through Archer. Does that make sense?

So I'm not sure an Archer exe would have resolved Striker's views on Ash.

ED1T:

Also, sorry @Kasimir, I didn't mean to set you off with that one line :( I just meant to say that as far as I can tell right now, you're Village, but in a bus scenario your lack of voiced Striker suspicion does look interesting, and that I have faith that you could have pulled it off convincingly were you're an elim. I definitely don't want you to experience crippling guilt or anything, I just don't know how you'd actually respond to a villager dying atm cause in this situation we're on D2 after voting out an elim. Basically, I needed more data points to be 100% certain, cause your relative chillness this game hasn't got me there quite yet :P

Or didn't. Yay Village Bros.

Edited by Amanuensis

3 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Also want to point out that Striker told me a few times his Ash suspicion was independent of Archer, and that he'd be pursuing Ash if Archer didn't pan out.

On 3/9/2022 at 10:10 PM, StrikerEZ said:

No, like…Archer and Ash are both players I suspect. If people don’t wanna go for Archer, I could go for Ash. My suspicions of them are independent of each other, even if how I originally got to Ash was through Archer. Does that make sense?

So I'm not sure an Archer exe would have resolved Striker's views on Ash.

That does make me feel better about Ash since it was before Striker was in serious trouble. Where would you go after Thaid depending on how he flipped?

Here's my take. I suspect at least one elim is pushing Ash today. It's why I've mostly been like, not hard defending him and presenting an iffy case for Thaid as an alternative, because I wanted to see who pursued an Ash ML (or in an E!Ash world, who'd take the easy route for Thaid). Now that there's an hour left, I think we've got a big enough pool to look at the relevant people.

Annnd ninja'd by Devo, nice. 

19 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

That does make me feel better about Ash since it was before Striker was in serious trouble. Where would you go after Thaid depending on how he flipped?

Honestly would depend a lot on how the votes panned out, but I still think Illwei is a fairly strong candidate for a third partner / buser.

JNV and Archer could work too, given they're pushing Ash today. This, of course, assumes that E!Thaid means V!Ash, which I'm inclined to believe, since I don't see why E!Ash would sacrifice himself for E!Thaid or V!Thaid. That entire interaction with Ash felt really Village to me (and some to Kas as well) so /shrug.

Orlok is another bus candidate but he's got IRL stuff going on that I'm hoping resolves itself soon, wish only the best for him. Would like to give him until C4 at least, if we can. Or to encourage he request a pinch hitter if life is too difficult atm.

Beyond that, maybe Experience. I don't totally remember why I marked him down as Village during C1, and it was probably for a really weak reason because I suspected other people more strongly.

ED1T:

Just realized I didn't even think about V!Thaid in which case, idk. Literally no one has tried to get him exed but me so probably the exact same pool of people.

ED2T:

Might be my last post for the turn / game, gotta do something for my Dad so, good luck Village! I'll be rooting for you!

Edited by Amanuensis

I can't say I have a strong enough V read on Ash to defend him because of how he's for some reason in an Elim mindset and that is a red flag, but his tone/some of his content makes me think he's village.

I don't like all the "this willl look bad on me" in the beginning but that was about Archer flipping red, so it would mean that the team is Archer/Ashbringer/striker

31 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Just realized I didn't even think about V!Thaid in which case, idk. Literally no one has tried to get him exed but me so probably the exact same pool of people.

I don't know how useful it will be to exe Thaid if that doesn't change your suspicions either way. I can wait a cycle on Ash to see how the votes land.

Spoiler

Stupid, stupid, stupid, Temlin thought to herself as she spouted out fabricated details about her day in response to Mehdan’s questions. Why did I frame this as a date, especially when it’s not? I can’t get involved with her, but I also can’t put this back without disappointing her, and the consequences of that could be catastrophic. I’ll have to get her to think this shouldn’t happen again without making it seem like my fault.

Temlin barely noticed they’d arrived at Taln’s Alms until Mehdan stopped walking and turned to her. “Is there anything you want me to know ahead of time, or do and say while we’re here? I’m inclined to share as little information as possible.”

“Wearing those clothes you can pretend to be a lower dahn than you are, but you’ll still stick out. We don’t want to draw attention to ourselves.”

“I’m good at keeping to myself and avoiding attention. I mean what are we portraying our relationship as while we’re there? How well do we know each other?”

A perfect opportunity. “We’re friends, but not close ones. We came here to get drinks and talk to other people and then we’ll leave together.”

“If that’s what’s best for you.” They walked into the winehouse together and were acknowledged by the bartender. Mehdan ordered a yellow wine while Temlin asked for the Sunrise Special, the passphrase she had been given that turned out to be a mixture of orange, yellow and red wine that cost an entire diamond mark.

“I’ll meet back up with you in half an hour. Talk to some people, we’ve barely interacted with anyone for months,” Temlin said.

“Of course. Talking to people, I can do that. I’ll be at the bar counter in thirty minutes,” Mehdan said, walking over to the outskirts of the largest group of people. Temlin headed towards the secret meeting room the bartender had pointed out.

Two other people were in the room when they admitted her, both darkeyed though one was clearly an ardent. Temlin addressed both of them. “You’re members of the Iron Spears?”

“I’m the founding member,” answered the one Temlin now saw was using a spear as a cane. “I’m known as Sergeant Ironbones and this is my husband Kanarak. He’s not part of the Iron Spears, but our group works with his Devotary especially after I married him.”

“Not even ardents from my devotary are allowed to marry legally, but I’ve never been one for laws, or binding arrangements for that matter. We’ll last as long as we do.”

“You called me here saying you could help me and now you claim not to deal in binding arrangements?” Temlin interjected. “What stops you from taking everything I offer and then not helping?”

“It doesn’t pay to make promises you can’t or shouldn’t keep, and there are no guaranteed results in our line of work. We’re used to working with those who can’t afford our services. For you, payment has already been made,” Ironbones responded, gesturing at the glass of wine. “Now, I hear you’ve been recommended to us. What do you have to say for yourself?”

Temlin took a sip of her Sunrise Special to steady herself. The wines didn’t clash as she’d expected them to, though she hardly knew anything about wine. The words came spilling out, as they hadn’t anywhere except in her diary for as long as she could remember. “I’m from Kelathar, it’s in southern Ruthar Princedom along the Windrunner River. I came here with Mehdan, that’s the citylord’s daughter, you wouldn’t know her, the oldest child. More like she kidnapped me, well she asked but you can’t say no when a high ranking lighteyes asks you to do something. She tells me she’s running away from home to marry Brightlord Kholin and needs to hire a scribe and she hears I’m the best in the city. I tell her I’ll do it for one hundred clear chips to my family right now and five chips a day. She doesn’t blink as she pulls out a perfect month’s wages, except it’s all in diamond broams which I don’t know how they’ll be able to spend especially since it turns out she took most of that money from the treasury before she left, but I can’t tell her that either.”

She took a deep breath and another sip of wine. The expressions on Ironbones and Kanarak’s faces hadn’t changed.

“It took us more than three months to get here, avoiding inhabited areas unless we needed to buy something. She claims she wants to marry Brightlord Kholin because her parents and sister aren’t fit to rule the city and she doesn’t trust herself to do it either so she’s going to marry someone with the power to take control away from the family the city is named after and she needs me because she can read and write glyphs but is otherwise completely illiterate. For most of her life, her first choice was Brightlady Aladar but that fell through recently and she’d heard Brightlord Adolin was looking to get married. I smile and tell her of course I’m willing to help her. I don’t mention that while she could not have possibly seen the depths to which her parents are not fit to rule, there was no way anything was going to change for the better, especially if she attempted to force change with the help of a family known primarily for mass murder. I just teach her how to read and write, slowly enough that she still needs me but quickly enough that she doesn’t decide she’s better off with a different teacher. Meanwhile back home my family has surely burned through whatever spheres they were able to spend and the best I can hope for is that the Abakals are paying my sisters to replace me at my copying job.”

“What do you want from us?” Kanarak asked.

“What do I want? I want to go home. I want my community back home to be taken care of. I want to publish the book I’m writing under my name without fear of recrimination. I want to institute large parts of the Azish legal system here in Alethkar. I want to kiss Mehdan without her being able to kill me with a few words to any legal authority.  I don’t get to have the things I want unless you do something to help.

“We can’t change the laws, but we can get you home easily enough. There’s not much we can do for long term protection for people living in Kelathar, The best we can do is station someone in the city to let us know when emergencies pop up. Unless,” Ironbones looked to Kanarak.

He nodded. “The Devotary of Spontaneity can offer sanctuary to a small group at our temple in Kelathar.”

“But,” Ironbones continued, “They would need to leave their homes and live in the temple for the rest of their lives, and we would need a guarantor to turn over their possessions and become an ardent. It doesn’t have to be you, but it needs to be someone you can trust with the safety of everyone in that temple. If you were an ardent, you’d also have a level of protection against the whims of lighteyes.”

“I’ll do it. Once I get home and I see that you’ve kept your word about sanctuary, I’ll become one of your ardents. I won’t be able to get home until Mehdan loses the competition, so is there anything you can do about that?”

Kanarak smiled. “I have something in mind for that.”

After a week of dates, wine and flowers, they gathered in the room to see who would receive a rose and who would be taken off the show. Awomen stuffed chocolates into her mouth while Keredin drank glass after glass of wine.

Finally, Adolin entered the room and gave a winning smile, beginning to hand out roses. At the last one, he had a moments hesitation, looking between Tailia and Salana.

"Tailia," he called.

Salana collapsed to the floor, sobbing.

Kelath simply shook her head and left the room.

- - - 

Thaidakar was not given a rose (voted out)! They were a Honest participant! 

Devotary was not given a rose (killed)! They were a Honest participant! 

- - -

Vote Count: 

Thaidakar (5): Kasimir, Devotary, Ash, Amanuensis, Illwei

Ash (2): JNV, Archer

- - -

Theres a lot of wine around this round. Feel free to get real drunk!

- - - 

Player list: 

1. Kasimir-- Keredin

2. Matrim's Dice--Lucy  honest participant 

3. The Unknown Aon--Floradel

4. Devotary--Kelath honest participant 

5. JNV--Aracha

6. Archer--Nid

7. Experience--Zara

8 .Stricker--Vanala Ghostblood spy 

9. Ash--Tailia

10. Maillwi--Malila

11. Thaidakar the Ghostblood--Salana honest participant 

12. Amanuensis--Awoman

13. Illwei--Albert

14. Bort--Bortington the Blind

14. Orlok

Wait what? I totally thought I had thrown a vote on Exp when I made that post about not being around much for the rest of the cycle. But I just checked and I guess I didn’t. Sorry, guys, I don’t think I’ve ever done that before. 

We're either at 9 v 2 or 8 v 3

Which Means either 3 or 2 Mistakes more are allowed. Meaning to be on the safe side, we need a PoE of 5, where three are Elims. So we need to find 6 villagers.

Illwei

Kasimir
The Unknown Aon
JNV
Archer
Experience
Ash
Maillwi
Amanuensis
Bort
Orlok

Obviously I'm not doing too  good at this right now. I have a theory but I'm not going to say anything until next cycle about it.

Well that's depressing :( Devotary has been RPing and I have not. Why kill her? Who kills her?

Also RIP my Thaid theory, but it was worth a shot to see if Striker was resigned to die because of partner inactivity rather than a bus.

Still think Ash is V, though I might not be the best judge of their slot anymore. IMO the lack of engagement in the exe points toward V/V tho.

Gonna let others take the lead from here. This evening + tomorrow is going to be fairly busy for me, and tbh I just want to RP once before I die.

Seriously, why kill Devo? It narrows the pool of potential Stricker busers.

Just now, Amanuensis said:

Seriously, why kill Devo? It narrows the pool of potential Stricker busers.

The kill implies that there are no striker bussers, since they don't care about making the pool smaller.

The tags imply Lotus double checked the VC, so I guess Thaid misjudged the amount of pressure on them or forgot to vote in their PM. 

Devo is an odd NK choice. I would have shot Aman, Kas, Bort, and maybe myself first. There was enough asterisks on the village reads of them that it doesn't make sense to kill off a potential mix candidate like that. My best guess is they're unnecessarily sensitive to the situation of returning players, which implies a team with a not new/returning player on it. And maybe Illwei. They're ruthless enough they'd take the shot. :P. 

Which complicates things because the timing of Illwei's vote is exactly what I'd expect from an elim. My read of the situation last round was that e!Ash figured they were toast and entered low info mode. The elims then waited to see where the discussion would go and whether it was a trap before committing. When Ash had an out, they gave him support. 

Remember, the elims need clarity about the exe to ensure secret votes don't surprisingly stack onto them. So both Ashbringer alignments point to elims being on the Thaid train, although if he was village they might not have needed to do much work. 

My vote remains on Ashbringer. I think y'all are misreading the lack of defense of them as them being village, but it's more that the elims were resigned to them dying. 

Other options are Illwei and Orlok. JNV's vote would be telling off a e!Ash flip, so I'm holding off on them. 

Edit: I'm committed to a village core of Aman, Bort, Kas, and myself. How seriously do I need to go back and explain why Striker-me didn't make sense as e-e interactions? 

Edited by Archer

3 minutes ago, Archer said:

Which complicates things because the timing of Illwei's vote is exactly what I'd expect from an elim. My read of the situation last round was that e!Ash figured they were toast and entered low info mode. The elims then waited to see where the discussion would go and whether it was a trap before committing. When Ash had an out, they gave him support. 

Who gave me support? We largely changed over to Thaid with discussion between Kas, Aman, me. Devo is confirmed village. Only other Thaid voter who could be Ash-Support is Illwei, unless anyone just retracted a vote on me.

I guess might as well take a leap of faith

Illwei
Archer
Aman
Kasimir
JNV
Experience

Maillwi
Orlok
Bort
Ash
The Unknown Aon

I think there are all the Elims in the bottom 5 people. Objections? Who's next? Move the list around and tell me why

9 minutes ago, Archer said:

Edit: I'm committed to a village core of Aman, Bort, Kas, and myself. How seriously do I need to go back and explain why Striker-me didn't make sense as e-e interactions? 

Probably not too seriously. I might be the only person that's wondered about you since C1 and like I said, I wouldn't stress about voting you until C5 because of those Striker interactions.

Edited by Amanuensis