Hunger Games Simulator RP

2EmLee2

Vapor crept into her camp, looking around for any signs of other tributes. She saw nothing, so she dropped her sword next to her and stretched out with her back against a tree.

so i'm supposed to defeat you in a fight but spare your life and then die due to untreated injuries.

Ugh...

*Cracks knuckles*

Here goes

Fadran stumbled along, dazed. He hadn't taken any supplies, set up any defenses, filled himself... Why not? These games weren't designed for the negligent. Missing a day of water and calories could be catastrophic. Why wasn't he paying attention?

Maybe he didn't care.

Maybe he was looking for a good place to die.

Maybe surviving wasn't living anymore.

Blood crusted his fingertips. Her blood. Fadran laced his fingers together and squeezed his eyes shut, trying desperately to remember what her hand had felt like in his. More rain slid off his chin.

His foot caught on a root. Fadran stumbled and shouted, falling. He didn't hit the ground. Where...?

CRACK.

He couldn't scream. He couldn't see. Fire shot up his spine and into his mouth, but the blood had nowhere to go. He couldn't cough it up. The air didn't go in and didn't come out.

Agony where his spine had snapped in two.

Agony where his lungs screamed for air they couldn't get.

Agony in his heart, still hammering like there was still any kind of life worth living.

Somehow, a single puff of air managed to circulate. Fadran hacked up the blood, filling his mouth. He tried to spit it out, but couldn't muster the strength. Instead it gushed out the corner of his mouth and onto his face. 

Fadran screamed.

Star woke up hungry and a bloody mess. She knew she could travel to the stream to wash herself again, but what was the point? She knew there was nothing worthwhile in that direction. And besides, the blood would probably scare nervous, tired tributes like that farmer boy. She yawned, standing up and dusting the leaves off her blood-splattered clothing and messy hair. Once, she might have made sure that she looked perfect, but now it didn't matter. She could look good when she won. She could smell good when she won. For now, it was time to find Xino. 

Tagging everyone involved in this below (I force TUN to kill Enter or Star, they choose Enter).

I'm thinking I team up with TUN and Enter teams up with Star, a battle ensues, and when TUN and I win, Mat still refuses to kill anyone and so he makes TUN do it. But I'm good with whatever as long as Mat's character isn't completely destroyed. Obviously I don't want to wreck anyone else's arc either so if we need to workshop something else that's fine. For now I'll just have Mat listen to cannon shots, but if everyone is okay with this I'll have Mat run into TUN and we can run into Enter and Star.

@The Unknown Novel @Enter a username @Zephrun's Imperium

Every time a cannon fired, Mat was sure it was the last one.

But they kept coming.

He'd known the death toll was high, but he didn't know it was that high. In a disgusting way, he was happy- one step closer to victory. He knew he shouldn't think like that, but... why not? It wasn't as if he was the one swinging the blade, throwing the axe, shooting the bow, or whatever it was. He was just in his tree, in his bush, in his creek. Mat didn't know if anyone had ever won the games without making a single kill, but he very much hoped to accomplish that.

The next cannon was for Vapor.

Mat winced, though he wasn't as devastated as he'd expected to be. Maybe it was the inevitability of the games, and he'd known that at least one of them was going to die the second they were picked. Maybe he just hadn't known her that well to begin with. Either option was a tad depressing, but he supposed that was the Hunger Games.

He laughed. The thought of the games being only 'a tad depressing' was funny for some twisted reason.

Realized that this is a bit out of chronological order following the thread since Vapor hasn't RPd the death yet, whoops. That's probably fine, as long as we don't get too far ahead.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

57 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

@The Unknown Novel @Enter a username @Zephrun's Imperium

Every time a cannon fired, Mat was sure it was the last one.

But they kept coming.

He'd known the death toll was high, but he didn't know it was that high. In a disgusting way, he was happy- one step closer to victory. He knew he shouldn't think like that, but... why not? It wasn't as if he was the one swinging the blade, throwing the axe, shooting the bow, or whatever it was. He was just in his tree, in his bush, in his creek. Mat didn't know if anyone had ever won the games without making a single kill, but he very much hoped to accomplish that.

The next cannon was for Vapor.

Mat winced, though he wasn't as devastated as he'd expected to be. Maybe it was the inevitability of the games, and he'd known that at least one of them was going to die the second they were picked. Maybe he just hadn't known her that well to begin with. Either option was a tad depressing, but he supposed that was the Hunger Games.

He laughed. The thought of the games being only 'a tad depressing' was funny for some twisted reason.

I'm fine with that, although if Zephrun and Enter are ok with it, I'd say they both run in two different directions and Mat refuses to give chase, so Napollo runs after Enter.

When Mat couldn't fall asleep, he knew it was going to be a long night. He'd never been able to fall asleep past midnight all his life, and it was surely past that now. Some of his best memories were made during the early AM hours, along with some of his worse.

I wonder which one these will be, Mat thought idly. As if there was a contest. It didn't take long for him to dismount from his tree branch. He wanted to stretch his legs, and with luck the other tributes would be sleeping. If there was a safe time to walk the arena, it was now.

After just a few minutes of walking, he saw a shadow to his right. Are you kidding me? Mat thought. Maybe they won't notice me. He started to walk backwards, not making a sound.

@The Unknown Novel

Corruption arc time! Sorry, I'll also have to time travel a bit. I was hoping for Enter to come so we could decide something but, uh, I just checked and his last post was the blood bath one.

Eluviani woke up feeling terrible. He wasn't in pain or anything, but it took him all of ten seconds after opening his eyes to remember everything. He was in the Hunger Games. It was his third day here. He had been really lucky and he still was messing up majorly. He got supplies and he lost them. He hurt himself while walking. He hadn't even met anyone yet.

All he had with him was a sword, rope, and some berries. He didn't have a backpack to gather and carry supplies. Nor a bottle to carry water. He didn't get any trap making  equipment, even the rope he had gotten just as an added bonus, when he picked up the sword. There had been a lot of useful supplies at the Cornucopia but he had chosen the sword.

He couldn't blame this on luck, this had been a choice.

Out of fear. I was afraid someone would try to kill me without being able to defend myself.

Oh but there's plenty of ways to do that. There were shields there. There was food and medical supplies so he could just hide and not meet anyone, he could simply run away at the first sign of danger even. Yet his choice had been a sword. A weapon. Meant for offense, not defense.

No, I can't. How will I face my brother? How will I face mom?

He wouldn't be facing them either way if he just stood and did nothing. He would have to fight back eventually, and time was running out.

cringes Corrupting characters in a single post is hard and unrealistic.

Nameless uh, sorry I took so long writing this. Enter may or may not come, so you probably have full freedom on how to die, if you want.

@Nameless

8 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

When Mat couldn't fall asleep, he knew it was going to be a long night. He'd never been able to fall asleep past midnight all his life, and it was surely past that now. Some of his best memories were made during the early AM hours, along with some of his worse.

I wonder which one these will be, Mat thought idly. As if there was a contest. It didn't take long for him to dismount from his tree branch. He wanted to stretch his legs, and with luck the other tributes would be sleeping. If there was a safe time to walk the arena, it was now.

After just a few minutes of walking, he saw a shadow to his right. Are you kidding me? Mat thought. Maybe they won't notice me. He started to walk backwards, not making a sound.

@The Unknown Novel

Napollo paused, listening, he thought he had heard something. He heard slight breathing, not animalistic, human. "I heard you. Come out, I won't hurt you." Yet, but the audience didn't know that. 

7 hours ago, The Unknown Novel said:

Napollo paused, listening, he thought he had heard something. He heard slight breathing, not animalistic, human. "I heard you. Come out, I won't hurt you." Yet, but the audience didn't know that. 

Mat squeezed his eyes shut in annoyance. He could bolt; now might be his only opportunity to do so. Though he figured if he did that this person would follow, and May didn’t like his chances being chased.

Hesitantly, he stepped forward. “Truce?”

15 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Mat squeezed his eyes shut in annoyance. He could bolt; now might be his only opportunity to do so. Though he figured if he did that this person would follow, and May didn’t like his chances being chased.

Hesitantly, he stepped forward. “Truce?”

Napollo honed in on the voice. He couldn’t go back on his word, not and keep the audiences favor. Running was the cowardly option, and Napollo never took the cowardly option. "Ay." He stepped toward the voice. "I'm Napollo, you?"

38 minutes ago, The Unknown Novel said:

Napollo honed in on the voice. He couldn’t go back on his word, not and keep the audiences favor. Running was the cowardly option, and Napollo never took the cowardly option. "Ay." He stepped toward the voice. "I'm Napollo, you?"

“Mat,” Mat said cautiously. He wasn’t sure if he could trust this guy, and not running was seeming like the wrong option the more Mat thought about it, but it was too late now.

“Wanna… gather berries?” he offered lamely. He needed food, and after a few days of solitude a friend didn’t sound too bad, despite the chance of a literal backstabbing.