Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Zurvanight

FB_IMG_1644449196126.thumb.jpg.82b39e329076ab26958b26a9cfe27da5.jpg

Did everyone see the new Nintendo Direct and trailer for Xenoblade Chronicles 3? I am so hyped for this! One of my favorite game series ever with some of the most insanely huge environments ever and a crazy good story. And it's coming out THIS YEAR (sometime in September). It looks to be a direct sequel to 1 and 2 with the cover art showing Sword Valley and the corpse of Uraya, connecting both games. You can also see what looks to be Melia and Nia. Here's the trailer link: 

Main cast (so far): 

FLMOTPbVEAAH-LH.thumb.jpeg.d665e59e25ebe55a9535bd7d6503aba7.jpeg

FLMOdvrUUAABYnT.thumb.jpeg.3b77488dc50eb00676f8a9c2d21c4df7.jpeg

FLMOdLgVQAAiMsj.thumb.jpeg.f8c5a6b3a1199de218f172b62c2b4489.jpeg

FLMOUM8VgAEF_95.thumb.jpeg.109c1bc0eb3f47442cc92dd46a0c204f.jpeg

FLMOjVwUcAI3wC8.thumb.jpeg.180e23f932e7ed5ef8a84e66e001f929.jpeg

FLMOjDoVQAAV2K5.thumb.jpeg.9f8a4461e656b194cdf8b2621a09fa4f.jpeg

3 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

what is that? looks interesting though. it looks kind of like an anime video game? can y'all explain?

It's a JRPG known as the Xenoblade Chronicles series. It features massive world maps, a great cast of characters, interesting lore, and a super unique world that is unlike anything I have ever seen in a video game, or any media for that matter. In the first game everybody literally lives on the backs of two massive dead gods that were once locked in an eternal battle. You go through the game actually climbing and walking on top of a god. In the second game there are these massive creatures that people live on and inside called Titans which are similar, yet different from the gods in the first game, mostly because the Titans are alive and swim and walk through the sky. The stories in each game are very different, and take place in different universes, but connect in surprising ways that make me think of a Sanderson novel sometimes. 

Here's a video of Xenoblade 1's Opening which is almost famous at this point among jrpg fans: 

Edited by Zurvanite

3 hours ago, Zurvanite said:

It's a JRPG known as the Xenoblade Chronicles series. It features massive world maps, a great cast of characters, interesting lore, and a super unique world that is unlike anything I have ever seen in a video game, or any media for that matter. In the first game everybody literally lives on the backs of two massive dead gods that were once locked in an eternal battle. You go through the game actually climbing and walking on top of a god. In the second game there are these massive creatures that people live on and inside called Titans which are similar, yet different from the gods in the first game, mostly because the Titans are alive and swim and walk through the sky. The stories in each game are very different, and take place in different universes, but connect in surprising ways that make me think of a Sanderson novel sometimes. 

Here's a video of Xenoblade 1's Opening which is almost famous at this point among jrpg fans: 

COOL, I should find out more, sounds interesting where do you play it?

I'll be honest, I'm never going to play this game. I enjoy Chuggaaconroy's videos too much to play the game. So I'll probably just end up waiting 4-5 years until he LPs it...but it'll be so good when he does! For those who are going to get this, congrats! I hope it's awesome and amazing and is everything the rest of the series is for you. And it coming out in September is far earlier than expected! 

5 hours ago, Rosharan Chicken said:

I wonder how the two worlds collide, and why there isn’t any mention of the Xenoblade 2 people in Future Connected. One of the more interesting things from the trailers is the absence of Nopon. There needs to be a Nopon party member.

It seems to me that the world merging didn't happen until after Future Connected for some reason. Also there are Nopon, there are two in the trailer, they're just not party members.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/17/2022 at 0:11 AM, aneonfoxtribute said:

It seems to me that the world merging didn't happen until after Future Connected for some reason. Also there are Nopon, there are two in the trailer, they're just not party members.

I’d wager there will be one. It’s been a series staple, and the current cast seems pretty lean. 

9 hours ago, clowncarcrash said:

I’d wager there will be one. It’s been a series staple, and the current cast seems pretty lean. 

There have always been party members not shown off in trailers, so that's very possible. But if they're not shown off in trailers then it's because they're associated with a plot twist. That's true of both XB1 and 2. So if we get a Nopon, I don't think it will be the two that we see in the trailer. I think that if we get Nopon party members, it will be Riki or Tora. What better plot twist party member than having a past games parry member come back? They're probably still alive, Nopon live a long time, so it's very possible. 

48 minutes ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

There have always been party members not shown off in trailers, so that's very possible. But if they're not shown off in trailers then it's because they're associated with a plot twist. That's true of both XB1 and 2. So if we get a Nopon, I don't think it will be the two that we see in the trailer. I think that if we get Nopon party members, it will be Riki or Tora. What better plot twist party member than having a past games parry member come back? They're probably still alive, Nopon live a long time, so it's very possible. 

You are thinking too small. We are 100% gonna be getting Bana with a redemption arc. You heard it here first. 

• 5 weeks later...

Bumping because the release date trailer came out: 

7/29 is actually sooner than was promised which I hope is a good sign. Game looks amazing and the combat is a mix between 1 and 2. And there's Mecha combat now like in Xenogears and Xenosaga! Looks like a Nopon will join the team after all, unless they're just a guest party member.

I am a huge fan of the Xenoblade Chronicles Series, and have completed the main story of every game and DLC (including Future Connected). Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is my thing to look forward to, then the thing to keep me occupied, until Brandon Sanderson's Secret Projects come out. I can't wait!

Did anyone catch the part in the second trailer where they all summon their weapons like Shardblades?

• 3 weeks later...

Got lucky and was finally able to grab a Wii U today! So now I have access to XCX!

The slow pace in which I play my good games ensures that I ll not get past CS4, Torna and X before 3 hits in July. So X will likely wait till after 3. Will definitely do Torna before 3.

• 1 month later...