Zvso – A Roleplay

Mystic Syn

[One sleep later]

Elya yawned and stretched. It took only a moment for all her senses to return, kicking her mind back into gear. One conscious breath later, she'd remembered the entire situation.

They were at her apartment. She was sleeping in her actual bed. Everyone was alive and well.

A small smile crossed her face before she finally pushed off the blankets and stepped out to make a bit of breakfast for every

Slowly but surely, Ji groaned as he came to consciousness. The nice thing about this sleep was that he actually got some, instead of being woken up in the middle of it by some lightn' Pacis or a stupid nightmare.

Time to get at it, he thought, then stopped.

Wait. He wasn't on the streets. It wasn't home, sure, but it was someplace safe.

Ji sat up, burying his face in his hands and rubbing his eyes, muttering incoherent nonsense. His disheveled hair stuck out on some ends. Great. He yawned, stretched a bit, then tied his hair from his face into a very short tail.

He squinted at the room. Looks like I'm the only one awake. Ji looked out the window, settling back a bit, allowing himself to relax.

"What!" John snapped. He immediatly regretted it, Elya was only looking out for him, she didn't deserve that.

"I'm sorry Elya I shouldn't have said that, but look Saaphir is dead, Ji almost died, I got stabbed. If we don't innovate quickly we are all going to die. If that means I have to suffer in the meantime so be it."

"I understand that, but..."

Elya sighed, then strode out and sank into a chair. "You mean as much to us as we do to you. Maybe you understand war and battles and sacrifice, but that's not what we're trying to accomplish here. Maybe we used to be fighting for a cause, but right now we're just fighting to survive. Not for all of us to survive, but for each of us to survive." She pointed at Lyanor, "Every--" pointed at Ji, "single--" Kazh, "one."

Her finger rested, pointing back at John.

"You can start by resting today. If you don't want to, then consider it an order. There isn't a person in the world who knows where we are that isn't in this apartment right now. If someone was hunting us down, it would take them upwards of a week." She met his eyes, hands set in her lap. "So I think you can afford a few hours."

*a few minutes earlier*
Viator was woken from his fitful sleep from the sound of rattling metal.

He half opened his eyes, and saw a person push two shopping carts into the apartment next to him.

He sat up and groaned. His side still aches, his head hurt, and he was hungry.

He rubbed his eyes and thought for a moment. 

With his mind still half asleep he came up with a terrible, semi coherent plan.

“That person had two shopping carts. Two carts means food, a lot of food. I’m sure that they won’t mind if I take some.” He thought to himself. “Besides I have…” he shuffled the contents of his pack. “21 Neduisian dollars.”

He sat up taller and closed his eyes. He tried to visualize the shopping carts in his mind. He could see roughly the direction they were in, but not precisely. 

He opened his eyes, and they bleed into the same glowing storms his portals made.

In front of him a small portal opened up revealing solid stone.

“Too far down,” He thought to himself.

He closed the portal, and remade it. This time it looked into a large and neat apartment.

He twisted his portal around in the air and found the shopping carts. He grabbed the money out of his pack, and reached out with his hand.

@Channelknight Fadran, and @Frustration.

The portal expanded in a swirling storm.

Viator rolled through the bigger portal onto the floor, and landed on his side.

He stood up slowly and brushed a few leaves out of his hair.

“I mean you no harm!I was merely looking for some food. My name is Viator.” He said slowly reaching his right hand out.

Edited by Emery the Steelrunner

37 minutes ago, Frustration said:

"Are you sure about that?" John asked.

"Their portal was flimsy," Elya replied, voice extremely controlled. "Effective, but unrefined. It takes years of training and practice to become a Transporter spy, revising your physical capabilities as well as your Mystic powers. Only an amateur scout would have their level of ability," She glanced at the person called Viator, "and no amateur could find us here in so short a time."