Zvso – A Roleplay

Mystic Syn

*sighs* Aight, if you say so.

Something tugged him backwards. Peace washed over him, gently guiding him back to his body.

Ji looked over to the man, smiling. “See? I told you they’d find a way.”

The fading man nodded, standing up to walk into the portal behind him. “Have fun in mortality,” the man sang, his voice trailing away. “I wish you luck with your… predicament.”

. . .

Ji jolted awake, gasping and coughing for breath. He hacked up the last bit of blood, as well as some of that lightn’ dust coated phlegm. High pitched whining rang in his ears, drowning out any other noise around him. He squinted through the brightness, trying and failing to see anything. Waves of peace washed over him, mending the bones that’d broken during the fall. It wasn’t doing much for his lightn’ headache, though; not even going to mention about how well he could see at that moment. There were people around him––that much he could tell––but who was…?

He sat up immediately, ignoring any final bits of pain that hadn’t been healed yet. His heart began to race––fighting against the confinements of his ribcage––trying to find her through the midst of bright and pain. The headache dulled, but didn’t fully recede, making itself known to him.

“Where’s Elya?” he asked, frantic.

Ji gasped at the sudden tackle, then gently embraced Elya. “Miss me much?” he coughed, but didn’t complain.

He held her close and tight, swaying from side to side. “It’s okay. I’m okay.” Ji hesitated for a split second, before placing a soft kiss on her temple. “What’s important is that you’re okay,” he added with a whisper, resuming his swaying.

"Thank... lights..." She blinked out a couple more tears. "You're all okay..."

Elya broke away, somehow both beaming and sobbing at the same time. "I thought for a moment... that you were gone. But... you're not. And you're here. You're okay. You're--" She looked around, wiping at her eyes. "You're all okay. Lights, if I had lost you..."

It was like the world changed just to her eyes. Blood started creeping along the floor, but... it wasn't hers. It wasn't Ji's. It wasn't anyone's.

Saaphir lay limp in a puddle of red. A split ran across his skull from another corpse's club. How was it that a dead thing could've killed him? He'd sought vengeance, justice... a dangerous, desperate cycle. One could never be free from the killing.

Ne'ik was slumped against the wall. Two bullets were lodged into his head, pressing out the deep red like wine from a casket. By all rights he shouldn't even had been there, yet he was someone who died--caught in the crossfire between them and the Reapers.

Somewhere in the distance, she could almost feel the deep purple eyes watching her.

"If I had... lost... anyone... else..." Her gaze dropped to the floor.

Yes, I did make an executive decision on what happened to Ne'ik and yes, she did intentionally ignore Ji kissing her.

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

5 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"If I had... lost... anyone... else..." Her gaze dropped to the floor.

“But you didn’t lose anyone else,” he said, gently lifting her head to meet her gaze. “Nor are you going to lose anyone else. Please don’t use those ‘if’s.’ They lead nowhere.”

Ji tore his gaze from Elya to John, then glanced around. “And where might we move to?”

Reminder that they came this entire way to get to Elya's safehouse

The thinking kicked her mind back into gear. Elya took in a breath, then nodded and set her eyes back to the same determined expression they always held.

"With all the Reapers taken out, nobody knows where we're headed. Like I said before, they didn't tell the Pacis our destination: only where we were at the moment." Elya pointed to a building in the distance. "You were taken a little ways away from it, which is good in our case. The Pacis will check these ruins first before securing the area. We should be able to get to my safehouse without any more contingencies."

Elya was a bit shaky, but managed to stand anyways. She leaned on a wall for a moment, gathered her bearings, let the momentary nausea subside, then puffed out a breath.

"Just this way," she said, gesturing with her head. Elya picked up her sword from the rubble, frowning at all the brand-new dents and notches.

I guess there's only so much even the hardest steel can do against an entire building falling on top of it. She shrugged, then sheathed it. The damage wasn't anything unfixable, at least.

With that, Elya strode off to lead the way.

Ji stuffed his hands in his pockets before following. He finally looked down at himself, silently cursing of how many lightn’ holes he got in the hoodie. Ji pulled a hand out of his pocket, putting it through one of the bloodstained holes, feeling his unblemished skin.

Thank lights for Lifegivers.

He looked up, continuing to follow, his mind wandering to when he had been––

No. Ji shooed the thoughts away. Now was not the time. Maybe later, but not now.

"Don't worry about it," Elya cautioned, gently pushing the cart away. "Thanks for the help, but the sooner we get back to my place, the better. Don't worry: I have supplies there."

No one else is online and I'm impatient soooooooooooooooo

*Five/ten/something minutes later*

Elya fished a key out of her pocket, fitting it into the back door of the apartment building. "The service elevator's just on the right. It shouldn't be in use at this time of day; let alone after all that. Everyone file in: I'll check our six, then get you all upstairs."