Long Game 80: Skaa Tenements

15 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Pretty sure I never did this :P. I only acted newbie when I was newbie.

?? Nothing to do with faking newbie. Talking about noticing things. 

Omg wait no i was the elim and i was saying you were village because you identified the copypasta wasnt me lmao

1 hour ago, Esooa said:

no one should be voting me after this post

[OOC: Because of course no one would ever lie in this game and Evil Kohga!Eiwlil certainly never lied in LG78. 

Okay then. Eiwlil Esooa.]

Edited by Kasimir
Justification

6 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Can I just

Squirrelwatcher TUO

As a test I suppose 

Airam kept sanding down the surface of the table he was working on. It was repetitive work, and soon his mind drifted.

Stuart Sampson [OOC: Mat] had apparently been putting out feelers, suggesting Scorched [OOC: TUO] worked for the Ministry. Airam figured both of them would sell their own mothers out to the Steel Ministry—this was just the kind of world they lived in, these days—but Stuart, according to the rumour-mill, had a reason for doing so. He was testing something.

Question was, what was it?

Airam kept on sanding the wood.

Nothing good, he'd wager. [OOC: This one's Airam, not me. He's a grouchy old dude.]

Edited to add: [OOC: We're yet to hear from @Tani and @Dalinar Kholin.]

Edited by Kasimir

Rastan had a plan. Sort of.

Airam was a grumpy fellow, to be sure. But Rastan was new to this part of town, and he needed the perspective of someone who had been around for a while.

He approached the carpenter's shop, and knocked.

"I'd like to look at your stools, please."

A bit late, he realized that his words could have been misinterpreted as a crude joke, but Rastan was no stranger to embarrassing situations. He forged on.

"You are open, right?"

[I can talk for ~an hour if anyone's down to talk]

10 hours ago, Illwei said:

?? Nothing to do with faking newbie. Talking about noticing things. 

Omg wait no i was the elim and i was saying you were village because you identified the copypasta wasnt me lmao

Oh yeah. I was, but it was a fake read of yours.

9 hours ago, Esooa said:

no one should be voting me after this post

I mean disagree but I do read you village

What’s the VC? Like one for a bunch of people, Kas, Archer, Me, Esooa?

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Oh yeah. I was, but it was a fake read of yours.

yeah my point is pointless now

EDIT

I think squirrel RPing is a good look for him, considering he comes from offsite. RPing could be considered pretty obviously anti-town for being hard to follow or being a way to not look at the game, and i feel like if Squirrel was an Elim he might not have RPd in his first game, or perhaps would have RPd nonsense instead of things that are technically game related.

Either he feels like he will get suspicion for RPing as an Elim or he doesn't, and if he doesn't then I would assume he'd use that to try and stall things/sit around rather than try to engage with Kas

EDIT 2:

Esooa (2): Elkanah, Kas
TUO (2): Archer, Matrim
Elkanah (1): Squirrel
Matrim (1): TUO
Dalinar (1): Illwei

I don't like any of these.

Dalinar

Edited by Illwei
just woke up forgot i posted

Okay, I've finally read the rules and caught up and.... I've got bits - 

• Mint's first post feels like two-legs-in-two-boats kinda thing. Like giving a risky thread-reveal option and then mitigating it with what would be commonly accepted option. Unsure about the read.
On 9/4/2021 at 6:21 AM, Archer said:

I have an irrational elim read on Mint He- Frozen Mint for answering the PM creation question because elims like answering softballs.

Kinda agree with this, kinda feel the same. I vaguely remembering either suspecting a player or catching an elim by using this irrational read in some previous game :P.

Interactions between Esooa and Illwei hmm - feel like one of them in an elim, but not both and rn leaning towards Illwei, which is kinda funny because - 

On 9/4/2021 at 10:14 AM, Illwei said:

also if a single person claims in thread, most likely they'd survive because they wouldn't be attacked because they're the only person that the doctor could really save huh

you can use the same principle but build a village trust circle. you see, alignment scanners need to have the location of the players to get scans right? and the earliest they get the scans the better it is for us. so I was thinking to reveal my location so that the Tineye can scan me, Lurcher protects me and one of the location roles [or me if I have a location role heh :P] change my location so i cannot be killed the next cycle. It would work in theory and I would have already claimed but for the presence of elim alignment scanners in some Kas-esque kinda distribution :P. Though I do think that 4-member elim teams would not have a wasted role like alignment scanner. Lemme know if there is something I've missed, or else I'll let y'all know where I live ;).
[and illwei if you're elim, thanks for giving us this idea :P]

Chantara feels village-ish.

And agree with someone about Mat-Archer, they do feel v-v. Hey, v-v could be like a new emoji which conveys....relief? satisfaction? :P. v-v also sounds like a French person rapidly agreeing with something/someone :P.

11 hours ago, Illwei said:

Hmmmm, people find things similar when the situations are similar hmmm.

And also just rushing through thoughts here, something about what Mat said. We should get kinda an idea about the elim team house composition because if they get a successful kill off this cycle, then we know that there is at least one in their team belong to the same house as the N1 victim [this is assuming no one has claimed their houses to elims in PMs and they would then know the names of the house they're missing, if there are any]. So, it'd make sense for the Night Crew to target the N1 victim so we'd know the location of at least one of the elim members.

Elim reads down to Mint and Illwei.

Rollover is at like 3:30 am for me and just had my second covid dose and arms heavy, knees weak, though there's no vomit on sweater just yet :P. imma head to sleep bai. 

Also, have I mentioned this? Arenta sounds like an Italian pronouncing the word rent :P.

@Araris Valerian my vote is currently on Azmine, not TUO.

RP is a softball too, so I'm not sure where Illwei is coming from with their v!Squirrel argument. 

Another benefit of the Night Crew role is revealing what roles exist. If you're comfortable revealing your amazingly powerful role, you could at least enter that into the public domain. I'm guessing the elims have a few houses between them and will find out more faster than the village will, so putting it out there levels the playing field. 

12 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

and the earliest they get the scans the better it is for us. so I was thinking to reveal my location so that the Tineye can scan me, Lurcher protects me and one of the location roles [or me if I have a location role heh :P] change my location so i cannot be killed the next cycle

Interesting idea. My gut reaction is, you do you? 

17 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

Also, have I mentioned this? Arenta sounds like an Italian pronouncing the word rent :P.

You and those italians smh

3 minutes ago, Archer said:

RP is a softball too, so I'm not sure where Illwei is coming from with their v!Squirrel argument

Just dont question it and we'll get along fine

21 minutes ago, Squirrelwatcher said:

The fact that both illwei and esooa are giving the same reads bothers me

Granted, they knew each other beforehand, but it's still concerning (at least something to keep an eye on tomorrow)

Ive never played a game with Esooa, or really watched her in a game

But obviously its V!indicative of her to have the same reads as me since my reads are, in fact, correct tbh. 

9 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

She's a combination of Rent, Renegade's AG1 character, and Aralis, my AG1 character, that I used for Kas's Fallion's Tears game. So it should sound rather like rent :).

[OOC: I think you mean an unholy combination of, sir :P 

K so I'd RP more but it's my weekend and I'm trying to get more Pathfinder: Wrath in and also avoid another Illweicident. Fortunately, rollover is at 6AM for me so I should be able to make the switch in ample time. So apologies Squirrel but my bandwidth is low right now.

I'd put my vote on Esooa for reasons of dealing with Eiwlil-type players, but I'm not really comfortable with D1-ing a new player. I'm going with Mint I guess - more or less just an uneasy gut right now. G'night y'all.]

A loud bang shook the town square were the Skaa were raucously debating. An unassuming windowless house with a tall brick chimney on the north end of the square shook like it was experiencing a localized earthquake. Putrid green smoke shot upwards out of the chimney, like water out of a geyser, before slowly dispersing into the smoky air. The south wall of the house creaked and groaned as it fell outwards in a single slab. A small figure stumbles out, coughing desperately for air. Shocks of patchy white hair sit atop a long nosed pallid face. A single thick eyebrow twitches nervously above his left eye as Avanchel makes his entrance.

"Did I" *cough* "miss something," rasped Avanchel, looking around at the tense scene. "I heard some younglings calling my name."

Avanchel listened impatiently as someone tried to explain what had happened.  Avanchel quickly became uninterested in their accusations and stalked off, pondering the claims about the Ministry. 

He clambered over the fallen wall, subconsciously estimating the cost of rebuilding and reinforcing it for the fifth time. Experiment #82 had been rather destructive, but at least it could be chalked up as partial success. Avanchel unlocked the door to his study and sat down at the desk. Every inch of space on the desk was filled with loose paper: theorems, notes, and half baked ideas. He sighed and swept them into an empty draw. They would have to wait. Avanchel found the false back he was looking for and removed a small red bound leather notebook. He smiled. This was an opportunity he could not pass up. Avanchel grabbed a clean sheet of paper and started writing.

I think in-thread (and PM) revelations should be left for, if at all, at least D2 because the elims just have to guess a location tonight for their kill if they don't know anybody's, which could save us a death and cost them a charge.

@Matrim's Dice This is a good point, and I agree people should refrain from claiming until D2.

Accurately claiming locations also allows elims with allomantic abilities to target villagers. Elim coinshots would be the most harmful, but soother roleblocks and seeker allomantic rolescan are also potential threats. The only useful allomantic abilities to get targeted for by a villager are the alignment scan, and to a lesser extent the role scan, and protection if the elims already know your location, which without a claim is pretty much only through the records scan.

@Devotary of Spontaneity I highly doubt that the elims have a Coinshot. Other than that, I do see your point. I wanted to put some thoughts out to get the thread going but I’ll probably mull over strategy through out the game. TJ’s ideas seem good at first glance as well.

Other ideas re: the elim team: I also think it’s unlikely that they have an Informant. If they do have an Informant, I’d say the elim team is probably three players, but otherwise it’s 4 which is my current guess. Elder seems like a villagery role as well.

I think there’s a large possibility that they won’t submit a kill and risk losing a charge. Especially if they don’t have a Metallurgist but even if they do.

I feel like it’s likely that the elims will have a Child but I… am not completely sure why. Perhaps because it would give them more location information and they’re quite limited in what they can do without that info. They do have a location scan, but on the other hand I doubt the location distribution is even... I think it’s mostly a gut feeling.

Overseer has elim potential because they can swap a teammate with a villager and know where the villager will end up (Throw in a Child to swap around and you can run that play multiple times).

@Archer Location roles can only use their action one time per each charge, and they start with one charge. So unless they’re recharged by an Elder, they can only use their action to location swap once in the game.

Steeldancer just for coming into thread and being like "I don't really got anything"

@Esooa Personally I’d say that’s NAI rather than elim. Village and elims are equally likely to be contributing on D1. Some elims like to lay low and some like to establish themselves so they can influence the thread.

Elim reads down to Mint and Illwei.

@|TJ| I feel like in every game we play you always become suspicious of me or I become suspicious of you. :P

Mint's first post feels like two-legs-in-two-boats kinda thing. Like giving a risky thread-reveal option and then mitigating it with what would be commonly accepted option

Are you referring to how I talked about both revealing in-thread and revealing via PM’s? My intention was to weigh the pros and cons of both scenarios in order to show that revealing in-thread is the better choice.

I hate committing to reads, but you gotta do what you gotta do so here it goes ;_; Listed from least to most suspicious.

• Chantara: Strong village. Asked a question about how actions and locations work together. A newbie elim probably would have picked up this information from the elim doc.
  • Archer: Village. Archer's been generally helpful so village read on them as well.
  • TOU: Village. TOU's responses to Archer and being voted on in general are giving me village vibes. I feel like an elim would be more likely play it cool when voted on in D1 if they're not a leading lynch contender.
  • TJ: Slight village. Just a gut read and nothing strong.
  • Matrim: Slight illage. Just a gut read and nothing strong.
  • Esooa: Neutral. Elim potential, will keep in mind going forward. I'd rather not D1 lynch a new player, but other than that I wouldn't been okay with lynching them.
  • Azmine: Slight elim, just because we're grasping at straws on D1. Posted a couple of times but hasn't said much on the game itself. On any other turn, I'd mark this as just not being very active and NAI.
  • Illwei: Slight elim. Illwei seems to be playing in a pretty casual style, and I do think part of that is playstyle but there seems to be just a touch of extra emphasis on the laid back tone.

Also… what does opsec mean?

Edited to add: I'll likely not be around before N1 starts. Also would love some PMs. I'll try to send some out later as well.

Edited by Frozen Mint

24 minutes ago, Frozen Mint said:
  • Archer: Village. Archer's been generally helpful so village read on them as well.
  • TOU: Village. TOU's responses to Archer and being voted on in general are giving me village vibes. I feel like an elim would be more likely play it cool when voted on in D1 if they're not a leading lynch contender.
  • Illwei: Slight elim. Illwei seems to be playing in a pretty casual style, and I do think part of that is playstyle but there seems to be just a touch of extra emphasis on the laid back tone.

Also… what does opsec mean?

Three things, honestly, I get a little annoyed when I'm about to be exed d1, because it happens pretty often, in fact, it happens way less when I'm an elim for whatever reason. Two, Illwei feels pretty normal to me, and they tend to act very similar whether or not they're elim. Three, I have no idea what it stands for, but I believe opsec is equivalent to PM safety.