Long Game 75: Alethi Politics

Mat

10 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

This is the only post of Striker's that mentions vote-manip as far as I could tell (time is a commodity that I happen to have :P)

2 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

I mean, ties kill someone this game. I think ties are good. If we set up a tie, then if there’s an elim involved the elims have to do something about it, whether that’s through vote manip or just by changing their votes to someone else. Either way, we get information based on what happened after the tie. 

I think... yeah, it was that one. But I think I'd just forgotten about Spokespersons so I thought the only D1 vote manip was the Confirmed Village Dalinar :P

Nothing else on Striker, although I'm curious about Archer and Striker immediately thunderdoming about Highprince claiming. Seemed to be a genuine misunderstanding but there were a lot of people (TJ, Whysper, etc) taking sides on that.

12 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Then we summon thee

@Matrim's Dice

Quinn had one that was uhhhhh kiiinda accurate ...

I'm at PCC

I’m on mobile and still at Track :P.

Quinn’s was right except for counting Araris twice and since then Dannex voted on Tani. Pretty sure.

(Stated) reasoning behind every vote that has been placed this cycle (bold = votes still currently in place):

Archer votes Illwei: poke vote.
Quinn votes Tani: poke vote.
Araris votes Archer: poke stab vote (apparently; I don't actually know what the difference is XD)
Striker votes Archer: making suggestions about the order of Events that benefit the elims.
Menot votes Illwei: gut read.
Illwei votes TUO: no reasoning stated.
TJ votes Randby: poke vote.
Books votes Araris: fake-claiming Ruthar (was later clarified that this was a reference to Araris' RP name, at which point Books removed the vote)
Quinn votes Archer: gut.
Illwei votes Whysper: no reason stated at the time; later clarified that it was because Whysper has only been making short posts
Elan votes Tani: for being hesitant to vote someone
Tani votes Araris: in response to Araris stating the reasons for voting D1
Whysper votes Dannex: elim vibes from one of his posts
Illwei votes Dannex: no reasoning stated

Quinn votes Illwei: for assuming she'd be voted off + a bit of tone/LAMIST (you used that acronym first, Illwei! it's fair game now :P)
Tani votes Dannex: no reasoning stated.
Araris votes Illwei: LG74 vibes from her, plus Araris agrees w/ me apparently
Elan votes Illwei: to avoid a tie.
Quinn votes Dannex: to vote on someone other than Illwei

Tani votes (?) Illwei: for being elim in LG74 and being not Dannex
Tani votes Dannex: no reasoning stated.
Dannex votes Tani: for saying there was no reason to vote Dannex and then voting Dannex in the same post.

Current VC (yes I saw and fixed the mistake in the old one : P yell at me if anything else is wrong lol):

Illwei (4): Archer, Menot, Araris, Elan
Archer (1): Striker
Randby (1): TJ
Dannex (4): Whysper, Illwei, Tani, Quinn
Tani (1): Dannex

12 minutes ago, Tani said:

@Quintessential Can I call you Lumi/Tominel too? :) Please? :):)

I mean, I don't mind :P Gears is only in my signature because he's the one who made up the names.

12 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Gotcha. You're generally pretty sensible, so I figured there was a good explanation.

Awww that's sweet of you ^_^ 

Well, looks like I gotta do this myself. :P

Illwei (4): Archer, Menot, Araris, Elan
Randby (1): TJ
Dannex (5): Whysper, Illwei, Tani, Quinn, Striker

Tani (1): Dannex

(sorry for the formatting, on mobile and can’t make it look nice. :P)

Anyway, Archer because that exe isn’t going anywhere in the next twenty minutes.

Dannex because I really don’t think Illwei has been super suspicious at all personally, and as fun as ties are, someone’s gonna break it eventually anyway, so may as well do it myself. :P

EDIT: I was ninja’d while typing this, so didn’t see that Quinn had already made a VC :P

Edited by StrikerEZ

2 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

I mean, ties kill someone this game. I think ties are good. If we set up a tie, then if there’s an elim involved the elims have to do something about it, whether that’s through vote manip or just by changing their votes to someone else. Either way, we get information based on what happened after the tie. 

2 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Dannex because I really don’t think Illwei has been super suspicious at all personally, and as fun as ties are, someone’s gonna break it eventually anyway, so may as well do it myself. :P

Contradiction much? :P 

1 minute ago, Quintessential said:

Awww that's sweet of you ^_^

Quinn / Araris e/e you're welcome people

Ash potentially e/e with danex if danex survives this, but only works if danex flips first bc he could also just be an elim trying to stay away from v/v wagons.

Whysper eh but tbh gth 

Araris mild elim vibes. Especially if e!danex. Like his second post was village village village but after that he's been pretty eh.

Quinn/Araris seem pretty e/e but if they are that means that me/danex is v/v because Quinn had no reason to switch off me. 

Striker not e/e with danex. 

TJ is here? Huh. He's kinda hm rn but that's nothing really there. 

Danexs vote post on Tani is hm but I really do agree with him there. But that's still hm.

2 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I mean, I can like ties while also wanting to break a tie when I feel like Illwei is up for the exe for bad reasons.

Even though... when you made that post... you were arguing that Elan didn't have to break the tie... between Dannex and Illwei? 

Huh.

Edit: @Illwei should I be scared that I agree with everything you said in that post except the stuff about me? :ph34r:

Edited by Quintessential

1 minute ago, Quintessential said:

Even though... when you made that post... you were arguing that Elan didn't have to break the tie... between Dannex and Illwei? 

Huh.

I think you're being a bit nitpicky here when the point is that was well before EoD and it's well almost EoD rn, which is the time to decide :P.

Just now, Quintessential said:

Huh.

I was arguing for the validity of ties in that moment more than anything else. I know I’m contradicting myself, but I’d rather be on an exe that actually has a chance of happening. I’d be fine with taking my vote off completely if everyone agrees to just let the tie go through. :P

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

I was arguing for the validity of ties in that moment more than anything else. I know I’m contradicting myself, but I’d rather be on an exe that actually has a chance of happening. I’d be fine with taking my vote off completely if everyone agrees to just let the tie go through. :P

Bad striker ;-;

Edit: mostly because Danex still hasn't hopped on me to tie it off

Edited by Illwei

Just now, Illwei said:

Bad striker ;-;

Well but you always win ties, right? And Dannex has a habit of losing them (though one of those times it was intentionally so idk if that actually counts).

And yeah, I get what Striker's saying, just--contradictions. : P

3 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Edit: @Illwei should I be scared that I agree with everything you said in that post except the stuff about me? :ph34r:

Smh why does everyone think mindmeld are a bad thingggg

Smh just leaving some reads in case I die because thats the nice thing to do. Honestly I don't remember a lot of the players in this game but I'd bet on Forge being town

Just now, Quintessential said:

And yeah, I get what Striker's saying, just--contradictions. : P

Contradictions aren’t an elim tell, though they certainly can be. I tend to just argue for whatever position I feel like in any given moment depending on what I’m seeing in the thread, regardless of my alignment.

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

Contradictions aren’t an elim tell, though they certainly can be. I tend to just argue for whatever position I feel like in any given moment depending on what I’m seeing in the thread, regardless of my alignment.

Which is probably what gets you exed so often. And yeah, that's... kind of my point :P I know it's not an elim tell, I just... compulsively point that kind of thing out anyway, ig. 

6 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Ash potentially e/e with danex if danex survives this, but only works if danex flips first bc he could also just be an elim trying to stay away from v/v wagons.

Rebuttal: Dannex :P

I don't have the info to make it a tie, but I've got enough to say I don't want a Spokesperson making it a tie for us...

Just now, Ashbringer said:

Rebuttal: Dannex :P

I don't have the info to make it a tie, but I've got enough to say I don't want a Spokesperson making it a tie for us...

Well okay then

Uhhhhh

Danex is probably village here then tbh. Hm. Or not. Mmmmmmmmmm

Danex is probably village here but I'm not staking my life on it

Night One: First Instinct 

I am aghast at what some who claim to serve the crown do. Murder will solve nothing, and yet it seems to be everyone’s first instinct. And now a loyal servant is gone, a Highprince fled. I have spoken to my husband privately, though I dare not voice my opinion lest I risk my own neck...

-Mishinah Bethab, wife of Highprince Bethab, 1173.7.5.3

Illwei had a tendency for... speaking. Not loudly, or boldly, just… speaking. More than she meant to. More than she should.

She found themselves in these sorts of situations often, backed into the corner, nowhere to go. Sometimes that was how it was, serving a Highprince. Illwei had told herself that she would stay quieter today, with the tension so strung, but opinions just had to be announced sometimes.

Well, this lot clearly didn’t like it. The gathering should have been more calm than it was- after all, no one of extremely high dahn was here. The princes were off doing their own thing.

Glancing around the room, Illwei could tell by the shouting that it was time to go. Little by little, she eased herself until she was at the doorway, and then zip! out onto the street. She breathed a sigh of relief. Lived another day.

“Now wait just a moment.” The strong voice behind her wasn’t enough to make her turn around, but Illwei was forced to acknowledge the man when he grabbed her shoulder. She glanced over her shoulder and sighed. The man was tall, and Illwei recognized him as ‘Striker’.

“Yes?” She said, trying to appear as calm as possible. She shook free from Striker’s grip.

Striker rubbed a hand on his chin. “You left early. Why?”

Illwei glanced behind Striker, noticing for the first time four others who had followed after her. Brilliant.

“I saw no need to stay.” Illwei said, backing away. “The discussion was getting nowhere.”

Striker grunted. He reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a small knife, and Illwei’s heart rate increased exponentially. “I find it far more likely that you were runnin’ off to those Sadeas creeps.”

Illwei shook her head vigorously. “No, no of course not.” She backed further away, placing as much distance as she could from herself and that knife.

“Well,” Striker said, taking a step forward. “There’s only one way to find out, isn’t there.”

One of the others who had followed Striker suddenly raised a hand. “Now, is this really the best way to do this?”

“No!” Illwei exclaimed. “No, it is certainly not.”

Striker glared at the speaker, then at her. “At a time like this, action is required. Stand aside.” He advanced.

That was it. Illwei ran.

She sprinted down the street, worried out of her mind that she was being pursued. Instead, as she grew farther out of earshot, Illwei heard Striker’s voice carried through the wind.

“Don’t you ever return. If you do, you can know exactly what kind of greeting I’ll give you.”

And as she ran back towards her master’s quarters, she knew she would indeed never return.

Gone?” Dalinar exclaimed. “What do you mean, gone?”

He was speaking to Elhokar, who looked more nervous than ever. And for good reason.

“Well, Uncle, he just… vanished. No word. His ambassador, too. The girl.”

Dalinar paced back and forth. “I don’t understand. This doesn’t seem like Aladar.”

Elhokar just shrugged, and there was no more to say.

Illwei has fled! She was an ambassador to Highprince Aladar!

Vote Count:

• Illwei (5): Archer, forget me not, Araris Valerian, Elandera, StrikerEZ
  • Random Bystander (1): TJ Shade
  • Dannex (4): Whysper, Illwei, Quintessential, Tani, Ashbringer
  • Tani (1): Dannex

The Night will end in a bit more than 23 hours on Saturday, March 27 at 5pm PST.

• Get those actions in!
  • PMs are, as always, closed unless through actions.
  • The marketplace is open!

Marketplace:

Spoiler
  • Knife - 12 spheres
  • Contract of Peace - 5 spheres
  • Legal Document - 6 spheres
  • Slipped Note - 3 spheres
  • Armor - 7 spheres
  • Spy - 6 spheres

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Gears - Roko the Basilisk