Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

3 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Cadenza overheard. "Janice," she emphasized, "left with the monster lady to fulfill her promise."

I feel like it may be important to state that I haven't yet decided if Vespyr is biologically male or female.  At the moment, it is very difficult to tell from these encounters.  While humanoid, there is nothing of the creature's shape that serves as a giveaway.

"You could say that. She said she'd come back, though. She promised."

"Cadenza, my orders were clear. Maddy and I are to neutralize Trace, and we can't afford to fail. You tell me that she "promised" to come back, how can I know this? Do you even know where she's going?"

2 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"Cadenza, my orders were clear. Maddy and I are to neutralize Trace, and we can't afford to fail. You tell me that she "promised" to come back, how can I know this? Do you even know where she's going?"

"She's not Trace any more. She's Janice. And she's going back to her 'Queen' because of a stupid promise Trace made," Cadenza groused.

18 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

I mean like human or not :P because I have no clue.

3 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

“No.” Maddy said. “Colonel, I saw Janice after the battle. Trace was gone. I don’t know exactly how that works... but I won’t do anything to that girl.”

Edited by Matrim's Dice

8 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"She's not Trace any more. She's Janice. And she's going back to her 'Queen' because of a stupid promise Trace made," Cadenza groused.

"What you're telling me is that you let a highly dangerous criminal who's responsible for an undetermined but high amount of deaths walk away to meet with some 'Queen?'" The colonel stepped towards Cadenza, using his height to loom over her, "I don't know how they do things where you come from, but would have never let her walk away." The colonel, once indifferent towards Cadenza, if not friendly, began to glare at her. "If you were one of my troops, then I wou-"

8 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

“No.” Maddy said. “Colonel, I saw Janice after the battle. Trace was gone. I don’t know exactly how that works... but I won’t do anything to that girl.”

Executive decision that Maddy interrupted Tulcam.

The colonel stopped mid sentence and heard Maddy out. He took a breath, "can you swear to me upon everything that you hold dear that Trace, now this 'Janice,' won't only come back, but also won't kill anyone else? Can you swear to me that she is not Trace anymore, whatever that mean, on your very life?" The colonel aimed his last question at Cadenza.

Edited by The Ward's Guard

12 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Born human.  Twisted through torture, training, nectar, and addiction into a soulless killing machine.  Nectar has corrupted Vespyr, sort of like direct contact with a Quoral can.

9 hours ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr was supposed to stay quiet.  The task was finished.  It... it didn't matter.

"Who are you to the Queen?"  Vespyr asked, slowly, as if... as if not just speaking as a tool, like every time before, "Why... Why are you important?"

"I'm not sure." Janice shook her head. "I really don't know. I... I wish I did."

Timeskip?

8 hours ago, Condensation said:

Anymore*

Just now, EmiTheNinja said:

Shidala looked at everyone. “So, what are we going to do now?” She asked trying to have a nice voice. Normally, she would ignore those humans, but the Shadow told her to go back. 

"I'm... not sure," Aryanna said.

2 minutes ago, Vapor said:

"I'm Aryanna. You know Lloyd, right?"

“Yes. Not very good though. We were sailing here together for a couple of weeks. I suppose you know him too.”

Edited by EmiTheNinja

14 hours ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"What you're telling me is that you let a highly dangerous criminal who's responsible for an undetermined but high amount of deaths walk away to meet with some 'Queen?'" The colonel stepped towards Cadenza, using his height to loom over her, "I don't know how they do things where you come from, but would have never let her walk away." The colonel, once indifferent towards Cadenza, if not friendly, began to glare at her. "If you were one of my troops, then I wou-"

The colonel stopped mid sentence and heard Maddy out. He took a breath, "can you swear to me upon everything that you hold dear that Trace, now this 'Janice,' won't only come back, but also won't kill anyone else? Can you swear to me that she is not Trace anymore, whatever that mean, on your very life?" The colonel aimed his last question at Cadenza.

"Trace was inside her. If Trace does take over - which is unlikely - she'll come after me first. So either way you'll be fine."

"Trace was inside her. If Trace does take over - which is unlikely - she'll come after me first. So either way you'll be fine."

"It's not me I'm worried about, it's everyone caught between you and her. If you forgot, she and her friend caused a lot of death and destruction. I also won't pretend that I understand all of this Trace/Janice garbage, the closest thing I've heard about this comes from wi-" The colonel winced ever so slightly, cutting himself off. He rather ungracefully changed the subject, "hold on, where is Trace's friend?"

6 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"It's not me I'm worried about, it's everyone caught between you and her. If you forgot, she and her friend caused a lot of death and destruction. I also won't pretend that I understand all of this Trace/Janice garbage, the closest thing I've heard about this comes from wi-" The colonel winced ever so slightly, cutting himself off. He rather ungracefully changed the subject, "hold on, where is Trace's friend?"

"Which one?"